PDA

View Full Version : Help - late night Galveston dining?

bdubya
03-14-2006, 09:40 PM
I'm arriving in the Galveston area late tomorrow (first trip to Texas, actually), and I've been trying to identify a few places we can get a good meal around midnight - 1 AM. Most of the restaurants don't seem to post their hours - weird. Anybody know any good sites to search for late-night dining in Galveston? Or is the town jumping 24/7 and we'll have no trouble?

Jimcs50
03-14-2006, 10:52 PM
I'm arriving in the Galveston area late tomorrow (first trip to Texas, actually), and I've been trying to identify a few places we can get a good meal around midnight - 1 AM. Most of the restaurants don't seem to post their hours - weird. Anybody know any good sites to search for late-night dining in Galveston? Or is the town jumping 24/7 and we'll have no trouble?

I am in Galveston now too.

I am staying at the Moody Gardens Hotel, but have not eaten that late at night. It seems to be pretty busy at night, so you can find something open, I am sure.

Vashner
03-14-2006, 11:36 PM
LOL not much..

Waffle House
2825 1/2 61ST St Ste A, Galveston, TX
From pecan waffles to legendary hash browns, breakfast fare rules at this homey 24-hour chain restaurant.

bdubya
03-15-2006, 12:29 AM
LOL not much..

Waffle house? How's their wine list?

J/K....it's all good. Found a sushi joint (Sky Bar, 2107 Post Office st) that's open til 2AM, so we got a fallback. Thanks.

Vashner
03-15-2006, 01:57 AM
There is a new Schlitterbahn they are building there. The old airport might even have to reopen to a shuttle if the city keeps growing.

Also I want to take a Scuba photo trip from Galveston to the Texas Flower Gardens someday

bdubya
03-15-2006, 10:47 AM
There is a new Schlitterbahn they are building there.

Cool, but they'd have to be open REAL late for that to help; I need to wait an hour after we eat before going in the water, so we're talking like 3 AM.

pache100
03-15-2006, 11:07 AM
I have eaten at a lot of places in Galveston (I go down a couple of times a year for a weekend). But, I've never tried to find anything that late. If all else fails you and you just gotta have food, there is an IHOP and a Denny's on Seawall that are open 24/7.