PDA

View Full Version : Beno is the shit!

aaronstampler
03-14-2006, 11:17 PM
Udrih >>>>>>>>>>> NVE.

Seeing the show he and Brent put on almost made watching the worst game of Manu's career palatable. Almost. :depressed

But yeah, at this point, I would be absolutely stunned if Pop took Beno's job away from him, even if NVE's elbow did miraculously recover to 100%, which it won't. The way I see it, there's a neck and neck and neck battle between NVE, Kiwi, and Oberto to avoid the dreaded suit during the playoffs, but Beno's got the rotation spot locked down.

Please_dont_ban_me
03-14-2006, 11:18 PM
At this point I'd like to give Dish Network a big fat crotch grab and middle finger.

Why in the hell down't I get FSN, and why in the hell are the Spurs games blacked out on League pass? Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaak. =(

Horry For 3!
03-14-2006, 11:25 PM
Beno is talking on NBATV right now

Cant_Be_Faded
03-14-2006, 11:26 PM
we've had this discussion before
I think it should be against the law when you pay shitloads to get league pass and spurs games are still blacked out

its fucking disgusting

yeahone
03-14-2006, 11:27 PM
i lked how beno has made the most of his playing time

Please_dont_ban_me
03-14-2006, 11:31 PM
we've had this discussion before
I think it should be against the law when you pay shitloads to get league pass and spurs games are still blacked out

its fucking disgusting

But hey, it's making me go to the Spurs games. Not being able to see them.

I've been to all of less than 5 games in my 10 years in San Antonio.

snowboarder
03-14-2006, 11:36 PM
But hey, it's making me go to the Spurs games. Not being able to see them.

I've been to all of less than 5 games in my 10 years in San Antonio.

rich motherfucker!!

angel_luv
03-14-2006, 11:56 PM
Beno rocks! :elephant

I called into the React Show specifically to give Beno props. Too bad Jeff Vex wouldn't cooperate. :pctoss

First off, he got my name wrong. :(

I started our segement by saying, " I'm really proud of Beno. He is playing very well."
Jeff's response: " Well the whole team is doing really well."

Jeff then went on to acknowledge the accomplishments of everyone not named Beno. :rolleyes

I tried to redirect him by stating that Beno has been playing consistently these last games.

Again nothing. :bang

Vex then started talking about whether or not we wie can pass Detroit to claim the number one seed. And that was my phone call. :wtf

Sigh! Oh well. I tried Beno. :)

spurschick
03-14-2006, 11:58 PM
I called into the React Show specifically to give Beno props. Too bad Jeff Vex wouldn't cooperate.

I heard you on the way home from the game. Girl, you need to have more energy!

spurs=bling
03-14-2006, 11:58 PM

I called into the React Show specifically to give Beno props. Too bad Jeff Vex wouldn't cooperate. :pctoss

I started our segement by saying, " I'm really proud of Beno. He is playing very well."

Jeff then went on to acknowledge the accomplishments of everyone not named Beno. :rolleyes

I tried to redirect him by stating that Beno has been playing consistently these last games.

Vex then started talking about whether or not we wie can pass Detroit to claim the number one seed. And that was my phone call. :wtf

good try Angel.

T Park
03-15-2006, 12:11 AM
when Beno proves in game competition that he can get the ball past halfcourt against a press.

Then we can talk.

Nice game, didn't see it, but it looked decent in the box score.

angel_luv
03-15-2006, 12:12 AM
I heard you on the way home from the game. Girl, you need to have more energy!

I know :oops - not saying that it would have made the phone conversation go any differently.
Sometimes it is hard to get a word in edgewise with Jeff. I like to have conversations not dominate them. :angel

That said. I would like to feel more energetic for me. I've been out of it lately.

Slo spurs fan
03-15-2006, 12:45 AM
(1:43) [NOK] Paul Driving Layup: Missed Block: Udrih (1 BLK) :smokin

kskonn
03-15-2006, 01:01 AM
At this point I'd like to give Dish Network a big fat crotch grab and middle finger.

Why in the hell down't I get FSN, and why in the hell are the Spurs games blacked out on League pass? Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaak. =(

Fox sports and dish network could not reach an agreement in negotiations.It was easy to see this coming since Fox and Directv are in Bed together.

Please_dont_ban_me
03-15-2006, 01:03 AM
Fox sports and dish network could not reach an agreement in negotiations.It was easy to see this coming since Fox and Directv are in Bed together.

=(

That's 41 games a year, dammit.

milkyway21
03-15-2006, 01:11 AM
i can see how Beno improve his play this past few games

but;

why can't we just stop comparing a Spur against another Spur player for a change?

Nazr-Rasho; Manu-Brent, Brent-Finley...etc, etc.

this IS a team play.

sometimes, it makes me sick.

exstatic
03-15-2006, 01:15 AM
when Beno proves in game competition that he can get the ball past halfcourt against a press.

Then we can talk.

Nice game, didn't see it, but it looked decent in the box score.

TPark? Pop wouldn't let Manu or Barry bring the ball up against Hunter, either. Whomever Hunter was NOT covering when Tony was out of the game brought the ball up. He could have protected Beno like that instead of yanking him out of the series. He's EXTREMELY lucky that he didn't shatter a young player's confidence, which also speaks highly of Beno.

Spurminator
03-15-2006, 01:27 AM

Then we can talk.

I feel like we've heard this before...

cs100
03-15-2006, 01:28 AM
Beno had 4 turnovers tonight. Timmy had 5. That's 9 of the 14 total turnovers for the Spurs. Beno is playing very well but needs to keep the turnovers down so Pop will continue to play him.

milkyway21
03-15-2006, 01:51 AM
I feel like we've heard this before...from the thread...is this bad news? NVE sits til playoffs ...:lol

timvp
03-15-2006, 01:58 AM
Beno played well. His turnovers were acceptable because he was trying to make things happen. If he can keep this level of play up, NVE will ride the bench for the rest of the year.

That said, Speedy Claxton blew by Beno how many times? I lost count. To say that Beno is better than Parker defensively is laughable after watching that.

TDMVPDPOY
03-15-2006, 02:29 AM
beno>livingston

Leetonidas
03-15-2006, 02:32 AM

Well, at least you tried to give him some props. :flipoff Vex.

T Park
03-15-2006, 03:46 AM
Pop wouldn't let Manu or Barry bring the ball up against Hunter, either. Whomever Hunter was NOT covering when Tony was out of the game brought the ball up. He could have protected Beno like that instead of yanking him out of the series. He's EXTREMELY lucky that he didn't shatter a young player's confidence, which also speaks highly of Beno.

Oh, so its Pop's fault now that Beno, a point guard, can't handle pressure.

I feel like we've heard this before...

When people regurgitate Beno >>>>>>> NVE

then i will keep repeating.

That said, Speedy Claxton blew by Beno how many times? I lost count. To say that Beno is better than Parker defensively is laughable after watching that.

Don't you know that, Beno is a defensive wizard?

He was doing it on purpose.....

Slo spurs fan
03-15-2006, 05:44 AM
Bullshit!

Speedy against Tony scored 2 FG (4 points)

Speedy against Beno scored 2 FG and 2 FT(Beno´s foul) (6 points) and made 1 AST.

Where is that BIG difference?

Slo spurs fan
03-15-2006, 05:45 AM
Don't you know that, Beno is a defensive wizard?

He was doing it on purpose.....

Get out of timvp´s ass.

Solid D
03-15-2006, 09:06 AM
Beno looked pretty good. Defensively, he created a couple of TOs knocking the ball loose. He doesn't always get credit for the steal when he does it but, like Manu, he creates the loose ball and someone else is the benefactor of the steal. Beno was okay defensively. I don't have a problem with anyone driving baseline on Beno, or on any player in the Spurs system. If there is baseline help the system has worked, because the ball has been sent to the edge and away from the middle. If Beno allows his man to get into the middle, then he's not doing a good job. I didn't see too much of that last night or the Houston game.

The Hornets did not apply any half-court pressure last night. That would have been a nice test for Beno, with 2 quick lead guards out there. Beno did okay though. On offense, his shooting was outstanding. The catch-and-shoot 3-pointer from the corner was great and the fast breaks with Brent Barry left no need for dribbling.

Beno has his flaws. He hasn't gotten into anyone's head defensively yet. Therefore, certain players will shoot on him with max confidence.

TDMVPDPOY
03-15-2006, 09:13 AM
beno also makes love to pressure

exstatic
03-15-2006, 09:07 PM
Oh, so its Pop's fault now that Beno, a point guard, can't handle pressure.

Um, I never said that, just that he handled the situation badly. You need to brush up on your reading comprehension.

Beno had been effective to that point in the playoffs. Pop could have implemented the Hunter Rules (no one but Tony brings the ball up against Hunter: Manu and Barry were so constrained) with Beno instead of burying him on the bench.

T Park
03-15-2006, 09:19 PM
He handled it fine.

Should he have initiated the Marcus Camby rule as well, cause Marcus Camby stripped him at half court in the playoffs too.

5ToolMan
03-15-2006, 10:06 PM

A better responce and a more valid question would be: Why the hell did you not know their programming before you "Dished" out your dough?

SequSpur
03-15-2006, 10:15 PM
Beno is a sg.

Solid D
03-15-2006, 11:50 PM
Beno is a sg.

I disagree. He can play either guard spot, sg or lead guard. He has excellent playmaking skills and instincts. When Tony and Beno are on the floor at the same time, Pop uses them both to enter the offense.

SequSpur
03-16-2006, 12:01 AM
I disagree. He can play either guard spot, sg or lead guard. He has excellent playmaking skills and instincts. When Tony and Beno are on the floor at the same time, Pop uses them both to enter the offense.

Your ass.

Dude can't handle the press.

Solid D
03-16-2006, 12:03 AM
http://www.nytimes.com/2004/12/19/sports/basketball/19afar.html

http://www.pinnaclehoops.com/news.php?article=66

"He's a natural point guard, really understands the position," Popovich said. "He's got a great pace about himself: when to speed up, speed down. He's a grade-A passer: hits people on time."

:)

SequSpur
03-16-2006, 12:51 AM
Pop is also the one that said we were winning until I put Beno in and all hell broke loose.

STFU.

Beno can't dribble.

Solid D
03-16-2006, 01:23 AM
:rolleyes

Actually, Pop said after game 3 of the Finals last year "we tried to give Tony Parker a rest for one minute and the dam burst from that point on".

Beno still has to be a little stronger with the ball but he can dribble just fine and he's improved since last year's playoffs.

Parker isn't going to lose his job to anyone because he has played the best of all the Spurs this season. Beno is a lead guard and not just a "sg".

As Pop has said, "he's sort of a poor man's John Stockton".

As Sean Elliott said on the broadcast just last night, and I quote "that's why the Spurs can afford to rest Tony Parker when he's playing well because Beno Udrih has been phenomenal. Pop you know, now has the confidence where he can throw him out there at the end of quarters and he can rely on him taking care of the basketball and not turning it over and making big shots and big plays."

I think you know by now that I don't brake for "STFU".

I still think you are funny, though.

SequSpur
03-16-2006, 01:26 AM
So as usual, you just gave me the Pop's spouse version to what I already said.

Thanks.

TDMVPDPOY
03-16-2006, 01:32 AM
beno is a poor johnstocton on stats due to his limit pt, but benos defense > stocton, beno has a combonation of stocton/hornececk/price in his game

Solid D
03-16-2006, 01:34 AM
So as usual, you just gave me the Pop's spouse version to what I already said.

Thanks.

Actually, I corrected you like you needed to be, on all points.

Obstructed_View
03-16-2006, 01:35 AM
Beno causes Manu to turn the ball over and causes Duncan to forget how to shoot. He sucks and should be trampled to death by ugly cheerleaders.

SequSpur
03-16-2006, 01:36 AM
Actually, I corrected you like you needed to be, on all points.

Well, season games are different than the playoffs... so we'll see whose right then...

I am guessing NVE takes over and Beno is back on the Coyote Crew again.

Give Pop a goodnight kiss for me.

ashbeeigh
03-16-2006, 01:50 AM
Beno causes Manu to turn the ball over and causes Duncan to forget how to shoot. He sucks and should be trampled to death by ugly cheerleaders.

as long as I'm one of the ugly cheerleaders.

But seriously. Keep on talking. I just had to say it.

Slo spurs fan
03-16-2006, 02:22 AM
Well, season games are different than the playoffs... so we'll see whose right then...

Ohhh.... go to sleep already. :rolleyes

Solid D
03-16-2006, 09:12 AM

:lol Good one.

I do think Beno merits grief about his attire and I still think he looks like John Boy.
http://www.nba.com/media/playerfile/beno_udrih.jpghttp://www.geocities.com/TelevisionCity/2792/johnboy1.jpg

angel_luv
03-16-2006, 11:29 AM
Aww... Beno Boy. :)