PDA

View Full Version : How about a GTG to play some bball?

Pages : [1] 2

Please_dont_ban_me
03-15-2006, 04:25 PM
*update* Tentative date is Sunday April 2nd. At noon.

I'm working on booking the gym, so once it's final I will make a seperate thread. Use this one just for ideas/brainstorming.

---------------------------------------

I think that'd be nice.

Assuming some people on here play. It could be like a barbecue, drinks...and bball type thing. Could have it an apartment complex with a outdoor gym, or...well the details could be worked. But I'd like to play some ball with you guys. :D

tlongII
03-15-2006, 04:28 PM
Did you know that you are averaging over 50 posts per day?!

Please_dont_ban_me
03-15-2006, 04:29 PM
Did you know that you are averaging over 50 posts per day?!

It's a beautiful thang, dawgy.

Please_dont_ban_me
03-15-2006, 04:30 PM
...and no I did not. But I did a little research and BAM.

Total Posts: 382 (50.51 posts per day)

Oscar DeLa
03-15-2006, 04:37 PM
I don't know what it is but they have had bball GTGs before

Please_dont_ban_me
03-15-2006, 04:37 PM
I don't know what it is but they have had bball GTGs before

But now I'm here.

Oscar DeLa
03-15-2006, 04:39 PM
I don't know what it is but they usually play at St Marys or something like that

Please_dont_ban_me
03-15-2006, 04:40 PM
I don't know what it is but they usually play at St Marys or something like that

Sweet...I want in next time there is one.

How often do they happen?

batman2883
03-15-2006, 04:51 PM
Batman Would School Anybody That Thinks They Can Ball In Here.....anyday Of The Week And Ive Issued This Out Plenty Of Times Before, I Remember We Were Suppose To Have A Tourney But It Never Happened

Please_dont_ban_me
03-15-2006, 05:00 PM
Batman Would School Anybody That Thinks They Can Ball In Here.....anyday Of The Week And Ive Issued This Out Plenty Of Times Before, I Remember We Were Suppose To Have A Tourney But It Never Happened

You might beat me, but you won't "school" me. Guarantee you that.

As for the meet, has there ever been one? Not necessarily a tournament. Just a few posters meetnig up and playing some pickup ball.

Please_dont_ban_me
03-15-2006, 05:04 PM
Why is it that you think anyone here would play with you.

I figured...I like playing with myself, so maybe others would too?

SequSpur
03-15-2006, 07:39 PM
Manny?

ZStomp
03-15-2006, 07:43 PM
I think i MAY be interesting in one...there hasn't been one from here since last summer ..i think......

we use to have 3 on 3 tourneys too...good stuff

I figured...I like playing with myself, so maybe others would too?

:lmao :lmao

http://clicksmilies.com/s0105/liebe/love-smiley-086.gif

Please_dont_ban_me
03-15-2006, 07:55 PM
I think i MAY be interesting in one...there hasn't been one from here since last summer ..i think......

we use to have 3 on 3 tourneys too...good stuff

:lmao :lmao

http://clicksmilies.com/s0105/liebe/love-smiley-086.gif

Really? Who would usuall win?

My cousin posts on here, or did. I'm sure me him, and his brother (who posts on the cowboys forum boards) could take on any 3 of you posters. :D

ZStomp
03-15-2006, 08:00 PM
It's good when you're full of yourself. Cocky.

:lmao

:lol

Please_dont_ban_me
03-15-2006, 08:02 PM
It's good when you're full of yourself. Cocky.

:)

I really shouldn't be. We're not that bad, though.

I love to play, just haven't had the chance to lately. I usually play over at the 1604 UTSA campus. But I'll apartments, whatever. Wherever I can find people!

That's not easy to do, in Austin you could always find a game.

Cant_Be_Faded
03-15-2006, 08:02 PM
I garuntee you batman would annihilate any will to play basketball you've ever had

he will dunk on your brother and your brother's boo
batman will break your ankles and then laugh and bust a three over your crippled body

Please_dont_ban_me
03-15-2006, 08:04 PM
I garuntee you batman would annihilate any will to play basketball you've ever had

he will dunk on your brother and your brother's boo
batman will break your ankles and then laugh and bust a three over your crippled body

I don't think I've ever had my ankles broken.

ZStomp
03-15-2006, 08:06 PM
:blah

Cant_Be_Faded
03-15-2006, 08:08 PM
batmans a stone cold killah
him and lj would make you and your bro look like babies

Please_dont_ban_me
03-15-2006, 08:16 PM

I don't have a bro.

As for batman, I'm up to the challenge. I'm betting he just gets somebody he knows who can ball to pretend to be batman for a day.

SequSpur
03-15-2006, 08:18 PM
Dude, wtfever....

I'm sick of this bullshit...

Call up a youthcenter, rent the fuckin place, charge everyone a fuckin dollar and I'm quite sure 15 people will show up.

Quit talkin shit, schedule it yourself.

WTF.

Cant_Be_Faded
03-15-2006, 08:19 PM
batman is a 6 foot 3 puerto rican with a knack for putting the ball in the bucket

Please_dont_ban_me
03-15-2006, 08:21 PM
Dude, wtfever....

I'm sick of this bullshit...

Call up a youthcenter, rent the fuckin place, charge everyone a fuckin dollar and I'm quite sure 15 people will show up.

Quit talkin shit, schedule it yourself.

WTF.

Oh my god man

What the fuck man

Oh my god

Like ohhhhh my gosh, did you just make a thread?

Like what the fuck man

This is a forum

YOu don't make threads here

OH my god man

What the fuck!

Cant_Be_Faded
03-15-2006, 08:22 PM
i think people are being mean to you because your avatar insults them

Please_dont_ban_me
03-15-2006, 08:22 PM
batman is a 6 foot 3 puerto rican with a knack for putting the ball in the bucket

Werd?

I'm a 6'3 "fucking arab" with a knack for using my stinky pits as a weapon.

Please_dont_ban_me
03-15-2006, 08:23 PM
i think people are being mean to you because your avatar insults them

Maybe.

Some find a normal picture of one biting his nails to be offensive, at times.

Cant_Be_Faded
03-15-2006, 08:24 PM
i dunno just talkin stupid
i wanted them to organize a bball gtg when i was still in austin
i suck but i bet i coulda nailed a hook shot on someone
preferably batman

Please_dont_ban_me
03-15-2006, 08:26 PM
i dunno just talkin stupid
i wanted them to organize a bball gtg when i was still in austin
i suck but i bet i coulda nailed a hook shot on someone
preferably batman

It's really not that hard.

Just get 10 people who want to do it, maybe 12 so you have 2 extras who can sit out a game then get next. Pick an apartment complex or indoor gym you can rent.

...and get shooled by me. I kid, but seriously...it'd be nice. Assuming some people on here actually ball instead of talking shit with no skills of there own.

sa_butta
03-15-2006, 08:37 PM
I would be willing to participate if there was something like this put together.

Please_dont_ban_me
03-15-2006, 08:48 PM
Respect Sequ.

Or he will bite your ankles.

The ankles because...

He's always on his knees?

SequSpur
03-15-2006, 08:57 PM
Call a gym... reserve a time... post it in here and 10+ people will show.......

Guaranteed.

Then you can shittalk on the court.

SA210
03-15-2006, 11:53 PM
I used to rent a gym for my crew at the Lou Hamilton Center, when I managed a Sonic, once a week for 2 hours at a time. It was 15 bucks an hour, so 30 bucks a night.

Wasn't bad. It's on Nacodoches. It was only available to the public from 9-11 pm.
That could be something to look into,

or we could could play in one of my old neighborhoods in the Alazan Courts on the West side for free, just BYOP (bring your own protection):lol

King
03-15-2006, 11:56 PM
Everyone is amazing at basketball on the internet.

CharlieMac
03-16-2006, 12:04 AM
Man, I sucked the last time we met up. LJ was on fire that night. It was nuts.

jcrod
03-16-2006, 12:28 AM
I used to rent a gym for my crew at the Lou Hamilton Center, when I managed a Sonic, once a week for 2 hours at a time. It was 15 bucks an hour, so 30 bucks a night.

Wasn't bad. It's on Nacodoches. It was only available to the public from 9-11 pm.

or we could could play in one of my old neighborhoods in the Alazan Courts on the West side for free, just BYOP (bring your own protection):lol

They price went up to 20 an hr, at least that was what they told me about 5 months ago. 9pm-11pm during the week and 12pm-11pm on sat and 7-8am-11pm on sunday. just an fyi.

Please_dont_ban_me
03-16-2006, 12:35 AM

That's not bad at all.

I'm very familiar with the gym,I used to ball down there. LBJ, baby. But ya, why not do something like that with the forums? I'm sure we could get 10-15 people together and run some fullcourt. Shit, if not then some 3-on-3 halfcourt.

Please_dont_ban_me
03-16-2006, 12:46 AM
Assume it's at LBJ (Lou Hamilton Center).

Who would actually be able to make it? It's over by 410 and the airport. To be more specific, you take the Nacadoches exit and it's about 5 minutes away from the highway.

sa_butta
03-16-2006, 12:48 AM

Who would actually be able to make it? It's over by 410 and the airport. To be more specific, you take the Nacadoches exit and it's about 5 minutes away from the highway.What day are we talking about?

Please_dont_ban_me
03-16-2006, 12:50 AM
What day are we talking about?

Not sure. I'm just brainstorming.

Probably during the evening time, likely on a weekend to make sure more people could make it? I would able to do it any day of the week because I'm free in the evenings. It all depends on other posters schedules.

sa_butta
03-16-2006, 12:52 AM
Starting this Sunday I work 1200-830p Thursday Friday off so I think I could make it.

SequSpur
03-16-2006, 12:53 AM
I can play Mon, Tue and some Wed.

Please_dont_ban_me
03-16-2006, 12:59 AM
Alright, let's say it's like a...

Wednesday 8 pm. Could you guys make it? Just throwing an example out there.

SequSpur
03-16-2006, 01:00 AM
I can't next Wed., maybe the next one.

Please_dont_ban_me
03-16-2006, 01:01 AM
What day of the week is best for you

jcrod
03-16-2006, 01:01 AM
SS, have you ever made it out to a bb game. I always see you post you're going but never see you there.

Please_dont_ban_me
03-16-2006, 01:02 AM
SS, have you ever made it out to a bb game. I always see you post you're going but never see you there.

=/

For real?

sa_butta
03-16-2006, 01:03 AM
I could after 830p Sat.-Wed.
and anytime Thurs. & Fri.

sa_butta
03-16-2006, 01:04 AM
=/

For real?Ive been several times and never seen him out there.

jcrod
03-16-2006, 01:04 AM
yeah, i guess he likes to pretend like he's going.

Please_dont_ban_me
03-16-2006, 01:05 AM
I could after 830p Sat.-Wed.
and anytime Thurs. & Fri.

Past 8:30 is a little late. People have to get up for work/school.

It should probably start around 7'ish I'm thinking. Would you be able to do that on a Thursday?

Kori Ellis

He's actually gone many times. I guess it's just been when you haven't gone.

sa_butta
We use to play starting a 11p when we went to Trinity.

Please_dont_ban_me
yeah, i guess he likes to pretend like he's going.

Heh, why am I not surprised.

Ok...no more taking suggestions from him. So far, I have...thursday, 7'ish. Is that a problem for anybody?

sa_butta
03-16-2006, 01:06 AM
He's actually gone many times. I guess it's just been when you haven't gone.Is he any good?

Kori Ellis

Who would actually be able to make it? It's over by 410 and the airport. To be more specific, you take the Nacadoches exit and it's about 5 minutes away from the highway.

We've had a couple SpursTalk tournaments there.

Please_dont_ban_me

You should come. ;)

I hear your husband "caught fire".

sa_butta

Ok...no more taking suggestions from him. So far, I have...thursday, 7'ish. Is that a problem for anybody?Next Thursday??

Please_dont_ban_me
We've had a couple SpursTalk tournaments there.

How did you schedule it so the timings were most suitable for everybody?

When might you have another one? I'd love to play in one.

Kori Ellis
03-16-2006, 01:07 AM

Ok...no more taking suggestions from him. So far, I have...thursday, 7'ish. Is that a problem for anybody?

Make sure you can reserve the gym at that time. I don't know if they have leagues going on right now. The easiest day that I have found to reserve is Sunday afternoon.

Please_dont_ban_me
Next Thursday??

No specific thursday. Just thursday's in general.

jcrod

Oh ok, guess so. thought he was talking shit.

Please_dont_ban_me
Make sure you can reserve the gym at that time. I don't know if they have leagues going on right now. The easiest day that I have found to reserve is Sunday afternoon.

Hmm, that's a good time.

I'll call tommorrow and find out about Sunday afternoons.

Kori Ellis
03-16-2006, 01:08 AM
How did you schedule it so the timings were most suitable for everybody?

When might you have another one? I'd love to play in one.

We probably won't have an official SpursTalk one again until after the season is over. Usually 12 or 16 teams play and it's 3-on-3 double elimination.

sa_butta
Make sure you can reserve the gym at that time. I don't know if they have leagues going on right now. The easiest day that I have found to reserve is Sunday afternoon.I couldnt make a Sunday one unless I can get off from work.

Please_dont_ban_me
We probably won't have an official SpursTalk one again until after the season is over. Usually 12 or 16 teams play and it's 3-on-3 double elimination.

Why not have one during the season, when people are all hyped up about bball?

Kori Ellis
Oh ok, guess so. thought he was talking shit.

Yeah Sequ has played several times at Trinity when Manny was organizing the games at night there.

jcrod
03-16-2006, 01:09 AM

on week days you can only rent the gym between 9-11pm. Weekends almost anytime. Do it some other day besides Thurs. I have Softball on Thursdays.

Kori Ellis
Why not have one during the season, when people are all hyped up about bball?

Umm.. because it's not convenient for me and I'm the one who organizes it and gives out the prizes.

You can have it at Lou Hamilton whenever you want. I'm just saying that I'm not organizing an official tournament until the season is over.

timvp
Man I haven't touched a basketball in a while. I'd have to train for this ish.

Please_dont_ban_me
I couldnt make a Sunday one unless I can get off from work.

*sigh*

If you knew about it at least 2 weeks in advane would you be able to work around it?

Please_dont_ban_me
03-16-2006, 01:11 AM
Man I haven't touched a basketball in a while. I'd have to train for this ish.

Same.

I hadn't played in a few months when I played in a tourney recently at Trinity. Like the 2nd play, I slapped at the ball in a dudes hand, he took offense and swung an elbow. Busted my lip wide fucking open.

But I digress....if you play bball, then you can play even if you haven't in a while. Just warm up a bit, you should be ready to go. ;) Not like it's professional or anything.

Kori Ellis
*sigh*

If you knew about it at least 2 weeks in advane would you be able to work around it?

There's no reason to sigh about it. If you get the gym, you'll have at least twelve guys come out. We were getting the Trinity gym with like 3 hours notice and 10-20 people were coming out to play.

Please_dont_ban_me
on week days you can only rent the gym between 9-11pm. Weekends almost anytime. Do it some other day besides Thurs. I have Softball on Thursdays.

How about a Sunday afternoon?

sa_butta
*sigh*

If you knew about it at least 2 weeks in advane would you be able to work around it?I would try to see if I can get off but I could always call in sick as a last resort.
I hardly miss work I can afford to do it once.

jcrod
03-16-2006, 01:12 AM
Yeah Sequ has played several times at Trinity when Manny was organizing the games at night there.

Wow, what timing, because I went to serveral of them and never saw him. I always looked for someone as short or shorter than me. :lol

76er'sman
03-16-2006, 01:12 AM
when and where is the basketball game takin place at cause i will be there ready too play

Please_dont_ban_me
03-16-2006, 01:13 AM
There's no reason to sigh about it. If you get the gym, you'll have at least twelve guys come out. We were getting the Trinity gym with like 3 hours notice and 10-20 people were coming out to play.

Really?

How did you make the rules, was it 3 on 3? Was it like a "every team has to have at least one SpursTalk member on there squad" type deal? Gimme detailsss. I think I'll organize something like this.

SequSpur
03-16-2006, 01:13 AM
Is he any good?

Dude, I show up and play. I might hit a few shots, I might not... I don't play defense if that's what you mean.... :lol

When open I can hit it from the free throw line to outside the NBA 3 line.

I don't go inside, cause I'm 5 2....

So, against 6th graders, I could probably ave.. Iverson numbers, but against the big boys, maybe 8-10 ppg.

I can't play on Thursdays, but like I said... there are plenty of people here.....

I didn't go to the last Trinity games because I was working nights.

Alot of posters have came here and ran their trashtalk about ballin and have really sucked.

So, post your bball gtg, rent the gym, whatever... ask for a few bucks and believe me, you will have plenty of responses and attendees.

Please_dont_ban_me
03-16-2006, 01:14 AM
I would try to see if I can get off but I could always call in sick as a last resort.
I hardly miss work I can afford to do it once.

Great.

So on a Sunday, around 12'ish. Fair enough?

Please_dont_ban_me
03-16-2006, 01:15 AM
when and where is the basketball game takin place at cause i will be there ready too play

So far, it's tentatively scheduled for a Sunday roughly two weeks from now. At noon.

SA210
03-16-2006, 01:15 AM
I'll be a team's Bruce Bowen. Mark my words.

sa_butta
03-16-2006, 01:16 AM
Dude, I show up and play. I might hit a few shots, I might not... I don't play defense if that's what you mean.... :lol

When open I can hit it from the free throw line to outside the NBA 3 line.

So, against 6th graders, I could probably ave.. Iverson numbers, but against the big boys, maybe 8-10 ppg.

I can't play on Thursdays, but like I said... there are plenty of people here.....

I didn't go to the last Trinity games because I was working nights.

Alot of posters have came here and ran their trashtalk about ballin and have really sucked.

So, post your bball gtg, rent the gym, whatever... ask for a few bucks and believe me, you will have plenty of responses and attendees.I wasnt knockin your game Ive seen plenty of short people that can really hoop, Im not one to trash talk like you I just play my game and have fun.

jcrod
03-16-2006, 01:16 AM
There's plenty of gyms besides LBJ. There's the one downtown San Fernando, there's the one off Hillcrest by babcock. There's one off Culebra.

You can find all the gyms here.

http://www.sanantonio.gov/sapar/parkrentals.asp?res=1152&ver=true

Please_dont_ban_me
03-16-2006, 01:17 AM
Kori,

If I made a thread announcing a GTG on Sunday April 2nd, at noon....with more details and email adresses for info and to register...would you sticky it for me?

Kori Ellis
03-16-2006, 01:18 AM
Really?

How did you make the rules, was it 3 on 3? Was it like a "every team has to have at least one SpursTalk member on there squad" type deal? Gimme detailsss. I think I'll organize something like this.

When we were playing at Trinity, it wasn't a 3-on-3 tourney, it was just pick up ball and they'd play from around 10pm to 2am a few nights a week.

When we had the tournaments, it was 3-on-3 teams with one alternate. Up to 16 teams, double-elimination, make it, take it, etc. We gave prizes for the top 3 teams. It was a 4 - 5 hour tournament on Sunday afternoon. We've done it 3 or 4 times.

SA210
I'd say get the gym first.

SequSpur
I wasnt knockin your game Ive seen plenty of short people that can really hoop, Im not one to trash talk like you I just play my game and have fun.

All I said was stfu and schedule it and people will show and you can let your game do the talking.......

The next time I play, Rashofan better be there with the ambulance, because I might not be able to make it up the court more than twice without defibrillation.

Please_dont_ban_me
There's plenty of gyms besides LBJ. There's the one downtown San Fernando, there's the one off Hillcrest by babcock. There's one off Culebra.

You can find all the gyms here.

http://www.sanantonio.gov/sapar/parkrentals.asp?res=1152&ver=true

LBJ is right by the airport, kind of in the middle of the citry.

I figure it'd be a neutral place for people who have to drive.

Please_dont_ban_me
03-16-2006, 01:19 AM
When we were playing at Trinity, it wasn't a 3-on-3 tourney, it was just pick up ball and they'd play from around 10pm to 2am a few nights a week.

When we had the tournaments, it was 3-on-3 teams with one alternate. Up to 16 teams, double-elimination, make it, take it, etc. We gave prizes for the top 3 teams. It was a 4 - 5 hour tournament on Sunday afternoon. We've done it 3 or 4 times.

Since I have no experience organizing a tournament, I guess the best option would be to just reserve the gym for 2 hours have some full ourt pickup games.

Please_dont_ban_me
03-16-2006, 01:20 AM
I hope that guy who called me a 'arab motherfucker' shows up.

I have an elbow or two I'd like to introduce to his face.

SequSpur
03-16-2006, 01:20 AM
Since I have no experience organizing a tournament, I guess the best option would be to just reserve the gym for 2 hours have some full ourt pickup games.

Exactly...

Alva Jo on Nacogdoches is cool.

Please_dont_ban_me
03-16-2006, 01:21 AM
Exactly...

Alva Jo on Nacogdoches is cool.

Alva Jo?

jcrod
03-16-2006, 01:21 AM

Wow dude, you are shorter than me :lol

Hey, on one of your post I read you play softball. Where do you play and when, what postion?

SequSpur
03-16-2006, 01:22 AM

Who are you talking about? :lol

Bro, what happens in the forum, stays in the forum.

That is why gtgs are so much fun. It's a great time....

Your username has "Give me trouble" all over it.

Please_dont_ban_me
03-16-2006, 01:24 AM
Who are you talking about? :lol

Bro, what happens in the forum, stays in the forum.

That is why gtgs are so much fun. It's a great time....

Your username has "Give me trouble" all over it.

That one guy with a hot dog in his avatar.

...and one more person. Forgot who that was. But you're right, I wasn't entirely serious, though I didn't really appreciate the racial slurs. Anywho, I'll start lookin ginto this tommorrow. See how realisti it is.

SequSpur
Wow dude, you are shorter than me :lol

Hey, on one of your post I read you play softball. Where do you play and when, what postion?

I played ball for the last 20 years but quit a few years ago. Played second base and outfield in the local rec league at Kennedy, Gunn Sports Park, Southton Fields, etc.. Wherever.....

Now its just bowling.

SA210

oh yea, who was that? :lmao

jcrod
03-16-2006, 01:25 AM

Most of the guys are to out of shape to play full court (me included). At Trinity it was 4-4 half court, if there were enough guys we had two seperate games going. The games aren't as good full court because people always slack. just another fyi.

SA210
03-16-2006, 01:25 AM
ok, how many out of shape?
who are the ballers?
can anyone dunk?

sa_butta
03-16-2006, 01:26 AM
Most of the guys are to out of shape to play full court (me included). At Trinity it was 4-4 half court, if there were enough guys we had two seperate games going. The games aren't as good full court because people always slack. just another fyi.I 2nd that half court games are more competitive.

sa_butta
ok, how many out of shape?I could run full.

Please_dont_ban_me
Most of the guys are to out of shape to play full court (me included). At Trinity it was 4-4 half court, if there were enough guys we had two seperate games going. The games aren't as good full court because people always slack. just another fyi.

Snow birders. *shakes head*

It's true, though. 4-on-4 gets a little crowded though don't you think? Doesn't really matter to me, I just want to play. 3, 4, 5....whatever. Just meet up with some fellow posters and run a few games.

Kori Ellis
03-16-2006, 01:27 AM
oh yea, who was that? :lmao

Ginobili_is_God.

Please_dont_ban_me
03-16-2006, 01:28 AM
ok, how many out of shape?
who are the ballers?
can anyone dunk?

I could never "dunk". When I was about 10 pounds less I could do a pretty decent rim chek though. :D I'm 6'3, more of a shooter. Can get up to block shots. Not being cocky, that's just how I'd describe my game.

SequSpur
I like to play full because half court short people are disadvantaged.

Please_dont_ban_me
Ginobili_is_God.

That's who it was.

Any chance he'll show up?

Kori Ellis
Usually it ends up that everyone gets there, they try to run full court. If everyone sucks, then they split into 2 halfcourt games and then more people get to play at once.

It all ends up okay. So if you have a gym, I guarantee people will come play. Just don't schedule it in conflict with a Spurs game.

Please_dont_ban_me
03-16-2006, 01:29 AM
I could run full.

As could I.

But only because it's easier to take plays off. :D

SA210
Ginobili_is_God.
I guess please don't ban me would have to schedule a volleyball gtg.

sorry gig, i had to. :lol

sa_butta
I am also more of a shooter and Im 6'1 and I can get the rim but cannot dunk.
I play tough D.

Kori Ellis
That's who it was.

Any chance he'll show up?

He lives in San Diego and he's 6'8. So he could probably just dunk on you all day.

Please_dont_ban_me
Usually it ends up that everyone gets there, they try to run full court. If everyone sucks, then they split into 2 halfcourt games and then more people get to play at once.

It all ends up okay. So if you have a gym, I guarantee people will come play. Just don't schedule it in conflict with a Spurs game.

I'm sure we could pick a Sunday without a Spurs game on around Noon.

Please_dont_ban_me
03-16-2006, 01:30 AM
He lives in San Diego and he's 6'8. So he could probably just dunk on you all day.

=/

So he claims, or so you know?

Please_dont_ban_me
03-16-2006, 01:31 AM
Ok, let's say it's Sunday April 2nd at 12 noon.

Who would be able to make it?

sa_butta
03-16-2006, 01:31 AM
Ok, let's say it's Sunday April 2nd at 12 noon.

Who would be able to make it?Ill be there one way or another.

Horry For 3!
03-16-2006, 01:32 AM
I play basketball every Tuesdays & Thursdays

Please_dont_ban_me
Ill be there one way or another.

Ok, that's one.

Please_dont_ban_me
I play basketball every Tuesdays & Thursdays

How about a Sunday, noonish? April 2nd.

SA210
03-16-2006, 01:33 AM
I can run a FULL halfcourt.

Mixability
I could never "dunk". When I was about 10 pounds less I could do a pretty decent rim chek though. :D I'm 6'3, more of a shooter. Can get up to block shots. Not being cocky, that's just how I'd describe my game.

Wow, I'm 5'7" and even I could get a dunk every now and then in my hs years. You must have "TD" hops.

SequSpur
Do it on a week night from 9-11 or something..... I usually play golf Sunday mornings, plus Kori and LJ are night owls.... So are a few others......

What about that dude that owns the gym on Broadway?

Please_dont_ban_me
I can run a FULL halfcourt.

LoL

So Sunday April 2nd (sunday after next) at Noon. You down?

Please_dont_ban_me
03-16-2006, 01:34 AM
Do it on a week night from 9-11 or something..... I usually play golf Sunday mornings, plus Kori and LJ are night owls.... So are a few others......

What about that dude that owns the gym on Broadway?

There's a gym on Broadway?

Downtown broadway, or airport area broadway? Man, I barely got it down to this time/place! Stop spilling my koolaid, homefry.

Please_dont_ban_me
03-16-2006, 01:35 AM
Wow, I'm 5'7" and even I could get a dunk every now and then in my hs years. You must have "TD" hops.

Na, I'm just brown.

I'm not saying I can't get up. I'm just saying, I can't dunk. =(

SA210
So I'm guessing the b-ball court over in the projects were out of the question. :lol

Horry For 3!
How about a Sunday, noonish? April 2nd.
Not sure I could make it, I don't live in SA.

SA210
03-16-2006, 01:36 AM
LoL

So Sunday April 2nd (sunday after next) at Noon. You down?
Yes :fro

Please_dont_ban_me
03-16-2006, 01:36 AM
Yes :fro

Sweet, that's two.

C'maaaaaan people! I should make a seperate thread with a date/time/place...

Please_dont_ban_me
03-16-2006, 01:37 AM
So I'm guessing the b-ball court over in the projects were out of the question. :lol

I would like to get home alive.

Mixability
03-16-2006, 01:37 AM
Na, I'm just brown.

I'm not saying I can't get up. I'm just saying, I can't dunk. =(

I'm brown too. Mexican to be exact, so I am genetically destined to be short. That didn't stop me from maxing my vertical though. :fro

Kori Ellis
03-16-2006, 01:39 AM
Sweet, that's two.

C'maaaaaan people! I should make a seperate thread with a date/time/place...

No, you should rent a gym first. Then when it's confirmed post a thread and you'll see how many people will come.

Please_dont_ban_me
I'm brown too. Mexican to be exact, so I am genetically destined to be short. That didn't stop me from maxing my vertical though. :fro

You keep dunking, then.

I'll stick to the Krispy Kremes, and jumpshots/layups.

Please_dont_ban_me
No, you should rent a gym first. Then when it's confirmed post a thread and you'll see how many people will come.

...that makes sense.

Ok, I'll find out about renting out the Lou tommorrow, then post the thread, Yay!

SequSpur
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28305&highlight=basketball+broadway

this is the dude that has the gym on broadway and 410

SA210
03-16-2006, 01:40 AM

Please_dont_ban_me
03-16-2006, 01:42 AM
Where on Broadway?

I'm very familiar with the 410 @ Broadway area but I've never heard of that gym.

SequSpur
03-16-2006, 01:43 AM
there is only one 410 and broadway, right inside the loop dude.

sa_butta
Do they still Do open B-ball Mon.-Thurs.?

jcrod
Dude make it around 2. I wake up late on Sundays and it's not crowded playing 4-4 halfcourt, 5-5 yes, but 4-4 we get some good games going.

Please_dont_ban_me
there is only one 410 and broadway, right inside the loop dude.

I know.

But where is the gym? Like name some things aroudn it. I've drove past there a million times, never once seen a gym there.

SA210
03-16-2006, 01:44 AM
Where on Broadway?

I'm very familiar with the 410 @ Broadway area but I've never heard of that gym.
Just a little inside 410 on Broadway, after the Valero? i think it is, to the right. Antonio Daniels practices there alot when he's in town.

Please_dont_ban_me
03-16-2006, 01:45 AM
Dude make it around 2. I wake up late on Sundays and it's not crowded playing 4-4 halfcourt, 5-5 yes, but 4-4 we get some good games going.

I have to work at 5, man.

Even if we set it for 12, I'm sure it won't start until around 12:30'ish or 1.

butta - I have no clue, I stopped going there to ball, I got sick of the style of play. It was all 1-on-1 flashy shit.

Please_dont_ban_me
03-16-2006, 01:46 AM
Just a little inside 410 on Broadway, after the Valero? i think it is, to the right. Antonio Daniels practices there alot when he's in town.

Valero?

I know there's a Shell over there. A McDonalds. There's a XTC cabaret too (don't ask how I knew that). But I don't knwo of any gym. Is it like ON broadway, or do you have to take a little turn off streat to go to it?

SequSpur
03-16-2006, 01:47 AM
Sundays are out for me, especially from 12 on......

SA210
03-16-2006, 01:47 AM
It doesn't look like a gym from the outside, it looks like an aluminum barn or something, but it's nice inside.

SequSpur
03-16-2006, 01:48 AM
The dude said we could play for 2 bones or something... its alot better than a ymca house or youth center...

call him tomorrow.

SA210
03-16-2006, 01:48 AM
Valero?

I know there's a Shell over there. A McDonalds. There's a XTC cabaret too (don't ask how I knew that). But I don't knwo of any gym. Is it like ON broadway, or do you have to take a little turn off streat to go to it?
http://www.factoryofchampions.com/

Please_dont_ban_me
03-16-2006, 01:49 AM
It doesn't look like a gym from the outside, it looks like an aluminum barn or something, but it's nice inside.

Is it public?

Describe it a little more, what's around it. I've parked in that McDee's parking lot a million times and smoked a cig after a nice fish filet meal with a sinngle hot n spicy on the side. Supersized. mmmmm Sorry, so where exactly is it?

Please_dont_ban_me
03-16-2006, 01:49 AM
The dude said we could play for 2 bones or something... its alot better than a ymca house or youth center...

call him tomorrow.

200?

That's not too bad, assuming you get enough people to pitch in.

Cant_Be_Faded
03-16-2006, 01:50 AM
That one guy with a hot dog in his avatar.

Cant_Be_Faded
03-16-2006, 01:51 AM
200?

That's not too bad, assuming you get enough people to pitch in.

he said 2 bones
not 2 bills

jcrod
03-16-2006, 01:51 AM
Its expensive to rent, stick with LBJ.

SA210
03-16-2006, 01:52 AM
he said 2 bones
not 2 bills

SA210
03-16-2006, 01:53 AM
Yea, screw that, those guys ain't worth it.

Cant_Be_Faded
I hope batman shows up to this gtg and pulls a dirty sanchez on the opposition

Kori Ellis
Factory of Champions is $5 per day per person on their open days. You have to call and ask for availability.

Please_dont_ban_me
03-16-2006, 01:54 AM

That's what I would prefer.

I don't know what the big deal is, just have two hoops and make sure it's indoor. Anything else is secondary.

SequSpur
03-16-2006, 01:55 AM
http://www.factoryofchampions.com/

This is there website...... click on this mothafucka....

Tell them you heard about their gym on spurstalk.com and want to see if the 2 bones was still available for open play and get a time for people to show up......

got damn.

SA210
damn, is almost everyone over 6 feet tall?

Please_dont_ban_me
Factory of Champions is $5 per day per person on their open days. You have to call and ask for availability.

I just emailed them, will call tommorrow as well.

$5 per day is when it's open for anyone, I would rather rent it so we dont' have to deal with random people trying to get in on the games.

Kori Ellis
03-16-2006, 01:56 AM

No, they aren't.

I'd guess the average height is about 5'9 or so of the guys who play on here. But in ranges from Sequ on up to Useruser.

Please_dont_ban_me
03-16-2006, 01:56 AM
This is there website...... click on this mothafucka....

Tell them you heard about their gym on spurstalk.com and want to see if the 2 bones was still available for open play and get a time for people to show up......

got damn.

What are you so worked up about?

I did click it. I did email them. I did ask. Chill.

Please_dont_ban_me
03-16-2006, 01:57 AM
No, they aren't.

I'd guess the average height is about 5'9 or so of the guys who play on here. But in ranges from Sequ on up to Useruser.

How tall is useruser?

Please_dont_ban_me
03-16-2006, 01:57 AM
So we're back to LBJ around Noon on Sunday April 2nd? Oooook.

SA210
03-16-2006, 01:58 AM
No, they aren't.

alright, i feel better now, :lol, now i can guard someone.

Cant_Be_Faded
How tall is useruser?

6'6''

jcrod
I'm 5'5, User is 6'4

SA210
03-16-2006, 01:59 AM
I'm 5'5, User is 6'6
he would use you.

Please_dont_ban_me
03-16-2006, 02:00 AM
Tommorrow I will call LBJ (Lou Hamilton).

By tommorrow night, hopefully...if all is done, I'll make a thread finalizing it and asking people to let me know via PM or email if they plan on coming so we have an idea how many people are coming.

Btw, I have to pee. brb

Please_dont_ban_me
03-16-2006, 02:00 AM
I'm 5'5, User is 6'4

He has half an inch on me. =(

jcrod
03-16-2006, 02:01 AM
he would use you.

And them some :lol, he's cool. Rasho's american twin.

SA210
size is not important

SequSpur
Last time I checked a got damn yard stick didn't start with Sequ.

:pctoss

Kori Ellis
03-16-2006, 02:02 AM
Last time I checked a got damn yard stick didn't start with Sequ.

:pctoss

Sorry.

SA210
03-16-2006, 02:03 AM
And them some :lol, he's cool. Rasho's american twin.
I guess I could stand on Sequ's shoulder's and set a pick on User.

jcrod
03-16-2006, 02:07 AM
Tommorrow I will call LBJ (Lou Hamilton).

By tommorrow night, hopefully...if all is done, I'll make a thread finalizing it and asking people to let me know via PM or email if they plan on coming so we have an idea how many people are coming.

Btw, I have to pee. brb

FYI, you can't reserve over the phone. It has to be in person paying. There's three locations, on at Bracknbridge park, one off General McMullen, don't remember the other.

Please_dont_ban_me
03-16-2006, 02:11 AM
FYI, you can't reserve over the phone. It has to be in person paying. There's three locations, on at Bracknbridge park, one off General McMullen, don't remember the other.

The one on Nacadoches. About 5 minutes inside the loop. By the airport.

I know I can't reserve over the phone, but I can find out if it's available then and there rates and whatnot. Hold it for that day, then go in and pay.

SA210
03-16-2006, 02:13 AM
Blanco at West Avenue, in person cash money.

They'll give you your schedule, availability and rules and all that good stuff.
Sometimes they book up fast , so u gotta go in soon.

SA210
03-16-2006, 02:15 AM
207-PARK will tell you, ask for reservations, for Lou Hamilton,
they'll yell you where to go, Blanco is one of the locations.

ORION
03-16-2006, 02:44 AM
whoa wait a minute , I own batman. I give him credit ,he's good but I rule him

Please_dont_ban_me
03-16-2006, 02:58 AM
Good luck with that. I am 6'8" motherfucker.

3 1/2 inches more than me isn't that much, motherfucker.

Let me know when you're in town from San Diego. We'll rendezvous.

Cant_Be_Faded
03-16-2006, 02:59 AM
LOL
gig truely would own you

He's got a 50 inch vert and can do three sixties

timvp
03-16-2006, 03:00 AM
GiG has evolved into an old sage. PDBM is the new GiG.

Cant_Be_Faded
03-16-2006, 03:01 AM
GiG has evolved into an old sage. PDBM is the new GiG.

:rollin my thoughts exactly
it's funny though

Cant_Be_Faded
03-16-2006, 03:02 AM
whoa wait a minute , I own batman. I give him credit ,he's good but I rule him

DOUBTFUL

Batman is an absolute beast on the court. He's told me himself. He can knock down the spot up three, knock down any shot off the dribble and create for himself, set others up with his penetration, can post you up, rebound, play solid d, and also has quick hands to get steals.

jcrod
03-16-2006, 03:08 AM
LOL
gig truely would own you

He's got a 50 inch vert and can do three sixties

What are you, his personal cheerleader???

polandprzem
03-16-2006, 03:10 AM
I'll be there

I promise not to break any ankles but I will set some screens and rebund and play some D :smokin

Cant_Be_Faded
03-16-2006, 03:10 AM
He is being sarcastic.

CBF hates me.

I have a 33 inch vert.

I don't hate anyone on this board except gtownspur

I'm just trying to intimidate pdbm by being that guy on the side that spreads rumors and legends of spurstalk bball

Please_dont_ban_me
03-16-2006, 03:11 AM
I'll be there

I promise not to break any ankles but I will set some screens and rebund and play some D :smokin

That's 4-5 people so far. Not including me. So 3-on3 half court at the least.

Horry For 3!
03-16-2006, 03:40 AM
I am 5'8

Cant_Be_Faded
03-16-2006, 03:42 AM
horry is a beast on the court too

polandprzem
03-16-2006, 03:48 AM
That's 4-5 people so far. Not including me. So 3-on3 half court at the least.

polandprzem
03-16-2006, 03:49 AM
make sure it will be fullcourt :drunk

kobe_bryant
03-16-2006, 03:57 AM
i doubt u would invite me

batman2883
03-16-2006, 09:06 AM
Half court balling is for pussies.....real men ball on the nba regulation sized court

SpursWoman
03-16-2006, 09:28 AM
he would use you.

No, he uses me. :eyebrows :lol

He's 6'4 ... and I'm sure he'd show up when & wherever you decide to have it. :)

And LBJ would be really cool ... we're about 2 miles or less away from there. :)

polandprzem
03-16-2006, 09:33 AM
Half court balling is for pussies.....real men ball on the nba regulation sized court

That's right :tu

I'll be in Batman's team as a Malik Rose and Bruce Bowen combination role
:smokin

batman2883
03-16-2006, 09:41 AM
man i've defeated guys that were 6'11" my game is all around baby.... i shoot j's for about 3 hours straight a day.....i run with my speed and strengthening chute every day......i can't be stopped

polandprzem
03-16-2006, 09:48 AM
man i've defeated guys that were 6'11" my game is all around baby.... i shoot j's for about 3 hours straight a day.....i run with my speed and strengthening chute every day......i can't be stopped
Tha's why I'm gonna be in your team.
Pass the ball sometimes... :drunk

batman2883
03-16-2006, 09:53 AM
I'll pass if you are open

ORION
03-16-2006, 10:35 AM
I'm ready to go but Batman don't think you can ball everyone because you know the truth

batman2883
03-16-2006, 10:37 AM
Orion you played me when i was like 4 months out of total knee reconstructive surgery...you're team beat my team in the finals......trust me you will never ever be able to win again...my knee is all better now.....many games have been played on it since then.....so bring it willy!!!

ORION
03-16-2006, 10:48 AM
it wasn't my team. I took you to school and when you sub'd out I took your teammate to school. I never sat. don't act like you weren't balling the other teams. you just got beat by someone better

batman2883
03-16-2006, 10:56 AM
I was balling the other teams, but they lacked any real skills......you were the only competition and my knee couldnt withstand it i learned my lesson about playing on a knewly rebuilt knee...it sucked that night i was in so much pain im good now though my knee is good

ORION
03-16-2006, 11:06 AM
and what was worse is that I took it easy because I was tired of carrying my team the whole day

MoSpur
03-16-2006, 11:46 AM
So is it on or what?

ORION
03-16-2006, 11:47 AM
I'm in

MoSpur
03-16-2006, 12:15 PM
I need a for sure time and place. If its something I can do, I'm in.

Mixability
03-16-2006, 12:47 PM
You keep dunking, then.

I wish! Now, I can only grab the rim, but not clear the ball over. :depressed

polandprzem
03-16-2006, 12:47 PM
Orion you played me when i was like 4 months out of total knee reconstructive surgery...you're team beat my team in the finals......trust me you will never ever be able to win again...my knee is all better now.....many games have been played on it since then.....so bring it willy!!!

Man. How do you feel after the surgery?
Do you wear any braces or knee pads?
Is yopur knee 100%?
Can you do all the stuff on the court? (crossovers and jumping for a rebound?)
How long did it take to recover?
Did you have a rehab?

batman2883
03-16-2006, 12:54 PM
Man. How do you feel after the surgery?
Do you wear any braces or knee pads?
Is yopur knee 100%?
Can you do all the stuff on the court? (crossovers and jumping for a rebound?)
How long did it take to recover?
Did you have a rehab?
It was the worst pain in the world after surgery, i had to go through rehab and learn how to walk all over again and rebuild every muscle in the my leg.....i use to have to wear a knee brace, not anymore, the dr. said if i had to wear a brace to play sports than he failed his job......im 100% i have full mobility, i just havent attempted to dunk again yet..i think i may need to strengthen it more for that....but im good now i mean i can still do cross overs and be a beast in the pain

polandprzem
03-16-2006, 01:02 PM
It was the worst pain in the world after surgery, i had to go through rehab and learn how to walk all over again and rebuild every muscle in the my leg.....i use to have to wear a knee brace, not anymore, the dr. said if i had to wear a brace to play sports than he failed his job......im 100% i have full mobility, i just havent attempted to dunk again yet..i think i may need to strengthen it more for that....but im good now i mean i can still do cross overs and be a beast in the pain

Jesus. Don't even tell me.
You scared me man.
How long does the rehabilitation last?

batman2883
03-16-2006, 01:08 PM
to get up to 100% it takes well over a year...i went to rehab for about 6 months......and i tell you the hardest part was having to bend your knee right after surgery so your knee wouldnt lock up and stay straight, and having to move your knee cap around so it wouldnt lock up either......it was horrible pain, id rather get shot, stabbed, or burned to death then ever go through that shit again, they gave me vicatin to last me three months and i finished it in 2 and a half weeks, they did nothing for the pain what so ever i was only sleeping about 20-30 minutes a night cause it was constant pain and you don't eat, you have no hunger with that crap

polandprzem
03-16-2006, 01:12 PM
to get up to 100% it takes well over a year...i went to rehab for about 6 months......and i tell you the hardest part was having to bend your knee right after surgery so your knee wouldnt lock up and stay straight, and having to move your knee cap around so it wouldnt lock up either......it was horrible pain, id rather get shot, stabbed, or burned to death then ever go through that shit again, they gave me vicatin to last me three months and i finished it in 2 and a half weeks, they did nothing for the pain what so ever i was only sleeping about 20-30 minutes a night cause it was constant pain and you don't eat, you have no hunger with that crap

What excactly did you had repaired?

It looks like all your laces were broke down or something like that.

You know I'm about to go on a similar surgery. I had one....

batman2883
03-16-2006, 01:15 PM
well i tore my acl (like it wasnt even there on the xray anymore) my mcl, and both my miniscus discs....they had to rebuild me an acl and repair my mcl, and shave off the tears on my miniscus discs.......the most pain i have ever ever ever been through

ORION
03-16-2006, 01:28 PM
I must have played over a year with it torn before I did anything, but your right it is the worse pain. I remember I was looking at my knee right before it happened then I watched it dislocate and then I stepped down and I saw my bone stretch my skin

SA210
03-16-2006, 01:29 PM
Ok here we go.

Sunday April 2, Lou Hamilton is available from 5-11pm and should fill up soon.

Wed April 5 -available 9-11 pm (we play Sacramento)
Thurs April 6 -available 9-11 pm

Friday April 7 -available 7-11pm (Dallas game :td)
Sat April 8 -available 5-11pm

If it's a Sunday thing
16th-no dice Easter
23rd all booked up
but Sunday April 30th available 5-11pm :tu unless we have a playoff game.

You need to go in person with ID and cash to the city office in a location either at

McCreless Mall
SouthPark Mall
Las Palmas
or probably better for you,

at the Blanco location at West Avenue in that little shopping center.

You must go before 4pm to make the reservation and 48 hours before date of use.
New rule.
But I would not wait that long if I were you. I book all the time for custom car shows and they book up quick.

20 bucks per hour.

More info call 207-PARK

batman2883
03-16-2006, 01:30 PM
hell no i couldnt even walk after i tore everything, i would walk and my knee would pop out of place and i would hit the floor and it felt like it did when i actually tore it....it was a disguisting feeling

Cant_Be_Faded
03-16-2006, 01:31 PM
that's fucked up man

my poor ma messed up one of her cl's and that was ~2 years ago..she still has pains now and then

ORION
03-16-2006, 01:33 PM
I remember going to the ER and the doctor said " yup something wrong" go see a doctor

batman2883
03-16-2006, 01:35 PM
fuck that i didnt go to the dr till about 3 weeks afterwards, cause i tried to play softball i swung the bat and my knee popped out of place and i hit the floor in front of my whole department from work and i was like yeah....definintly need to go to the dr. and when the dr came back in with my xray's the next week, he laughed at me and said, yup yup yup, you did pretty much everything wrong that you could possibly do to your knee sir....and i was like so when can i play ball again he said after i have surgery and rehab it for about 2 years i was like fuck that......so i quit rehab after 6 months, and started playing ball again around the time you played me Jason

ORION
03-16-2006, 01:37 PM
haha ! oh ok .......don't worry about it , a lot of people have trouble guarding me

Mixability
03-16-2006, 01:38 PM
i was like so when can i play ball again he said after i have surgery and rehab it for about 2 years i was like fuck that......so i quit rehab after 6 months, and started playing ball again around the time you played me Jason

You're the perfect patient. :rolleyes

Cant_Be_Faded
03-16-2006, 01:38 PM
I bet you dos pesos that please dont ban me would ruin Orion

batman2883
03-16-2006, 01:41 PM
ha ha ha ha Orion would probably be able to take pdbm.....i would put money on that...orion has some skills

Cant_Be_Faded
03-16-2006, 01:42 PM
is he 6'4" too?

SA210
03-16-2006, 01:43 PM
Damn batman, I've always been worried about tearing my ACL. I don't know much about that stuff,

How exactly does it happen? And what are some ways to better protect yourself from it happening? Any strengthening excercises to that area that would help? I may sound very stupid on this subject, it's cuz I am. :lol

ORION
03-16-2006, 01:45 PM
ha ha ha ha Orion would probably be able to take pdbm.....i would put money on that...orion has some skills
don't say some because I want everyone fully warned and I don't want to hear any excuses

ORION
03-16-2006, 01:46 PM
is he 6'4" too?
if your talking about me I'm 6'1" but can dunk unlike bat

Cant_Be_Faded
03-16-2006, 01:47 PM
damn that's awesome

SA210
03-16-2006, 01:50 PM
I can dunk anwhere, anytime over anyone.
Mark my words!!!

I'm talking about donuts by the way.

batman2883
03-16-2006, 01:50 PM
Damn batman, I've always been worried about tearing my ACL. I don't know much about that stuff,

How exactly does it happen? And what are some ways to better protect yourself from it happening? Any strengthening excercises to that area that would help? I may sound very stupid on this subject, it's cuz I am. :lol
well the way i tore mine was cause i was going for an ally on a fast break, and the guy that threw the ball threw it behind me, well my right leg was already planted to push off the ground, and i turned my body the opposite way to grab the ball from behind me and thats when it tore, the bottom part of my leg stayed one way and the top part went the other......and it sounded like a rip a loud rip and crunch

ORION
03-16-2006, 01:53 PM
flash backs. mine sounded like if you popped you knuckle and just so happened to be doing it next to a microphone hooked up to some speakers

SA210
03-16-2006, 02:06 PM
well the way i tore mine was cause i was going for an ally on a fast break, and the guy that threw the ball threw it behind me, well my right leg was already planted to push off the ground, and i turned my body the opposite way to grab the ball from behind me and thats when it tore, the bottom part of my leg stayed one way and the top part went the other......and it sounded like a rip a loud rip and crunch
ouch.

ORION
03-16-2006, 03:57 PM
I used to have my surgery on video

polandprzem
03-16-2006, 04:00 PM
My contusion happen in the freackin' fast break and I was doing a body move , a little crossover on full speed. Well the upper part of the leg went to the opposite direction of the lower part. *crack* And I fall down. I has to be funny cause I heard some laughing....but I had to get off the court only by my hands. :(

Damn that was pain. I knew there were something wrong. I tried to walk but it was horriable. I couldn't band my knee.
I haven't told about that to anybody. I wen to bed and I couldn't sleep. I took some pills but it didn't help at all. So much pain. (stfu with tihs pain already przem).
And then my mom noticed that there is something wrong. We drove to a some specialist (not doctor) from the bones problem , and she fixted cause the bone was displaced. She put the bone in the right spot. But the damage was made. And I didn't knew that.
The water from the knee I pull off myself. In a natural way. I I though everything wil be okay. After some time I bough a brace and started to play. But it was hapenning that my knee was twisting. Like 4 times I went down with a lot of pain and the next day with the water in the knee.

So I went to a doctor. (the xray showed nothing). The did a surgery and they removed (Meniscus?) I couldn't find the name. The thing between the bones.

And I thugh it will be fine but it wasn't :depressed
Now I'm waiting for another surgery and they will be recostruating my laces.
And there is also something wrong with the CARTILAGE. Dammit.
I will heve some bolts in my knee...

Even if it hurts righ now it is not that bad. There is no real need to go to that surgery but ofcourse I'm doing that because I want to run I want to do some sports. Esp. The sport i love - basketball

Please_dont_ban_me
03-16-2006, 04:07 PM
don't say some because I want everyone fully warned and I don't want to hear any excuses

It's a date.

ORION
03-16-2006, 04:07 PM
yeah I have a titanium screw in my knee but now I feel great. it just takes a while to get your confidence back. It didn't affect my vertical so I have no regrets

batman2883
03-16-2006, 04:09 PM
You Have A Torn Acl Bro, I Can Tell You That Much, If Your Knee Keeps Going Like That, You Probably Snapped It In Two

batman2883
03-16-2006, 04:09 PM
It Definitly Effect My Vertical I Still Feel Wierd On It Sometimes

ORION
03-16-2006, 04:11 PM
Should be fun. I'm not the type of person to call fouls. I play through it. I hate to stop play because someone touched me. I hate those people

batman2883
03-16-2006, 04:12 PM
pdbm seems like the type of player that would call a foul on everything i hate wussies like that

ORION
03-16-2006, 04:13 PM
It Definitly Effect My Vertical I Still Feel Wierd On It Sometimes
it will go away. you just have to make sure you work out those stabilizing muscles and have confidence. I'm more worried about twisting an ankle than hurting my knee.

batman2883
03-16-2006, 04:18 PM
Well the doctors said im more likely to tear the left knee now since the right knee has been replaced...he said its normal for people to tear one knee and wind up tearing the other as well

Mixability
03-16-2006, 04:20 PM
pdbm seems like the type of player that would call a foul on everything i hate wussies like that

I hate Ray Allen foul calling too! When that happens though, next trip up the floor, I make my next foul count as two to make up the difference. It usually makes the guy stop calling pussy fouls. :fro

Please_dont_ban_me
03-16-2006, 04:22 PM

Na.

Unless you hit my arm that affects a shot. Anything else is just retaliated for on the defensive side of the ball. :) Unless the defender calls it for me, realizing he fouled me, I'll take it.

batman2883
03-16-2006, 04:22 PM
hell yeah its like those fuckers he get schooled on, have to call a foul even when there is no foul......

polandprzem
03-16-2006, 04:27 PM
Should be fun. I'm not the type of person to call fouls. I play through it. I hate to stop play because someone touched me. I hate those people
:tu

You just like me

About the injures. Different people different affections. Damn I hope it will be fine and in a year I will be back. And yes - they will screw some titanium in me also :)

I want to play badly. It is realy hurting my life.

I'm scared as hell of this surgery. I do not know why? The previous one I wasn't afraid of.

ORION - they videotape my surgery but they didn't gave me the tape :wtf

Mixability
03-16-2006, 04:31 PM
Na.

Unless you hit my arm that affects a shot. Anything else is just retaliated for on the defensive side of the ball. :) Unless the defender calls it for me, realizing he fouled me, I'll take it.

:tu

I always call my fouls. I appreciate it when my opponent does the same. If I hit wrist, arm, bump after the shot, I'll call it on myself. My team sometimes would get pissed off at me, but I like to keep it fair.