PDA

View Full Version : Who would you guys rather we face?

Amuseddaysleeper
03-16-2006, 12:16 AM
who would you guys rather face in the finals if we get that far....

Miami or Detroit

I say Miami, even though no player in the league owns Bowen more than Wade and Shaq is a bitch to play against, I'd rather take my chances with the Heat than the Pistons

thoughts?

E20
03-16-2006, 12:22 AM
Heat.

Kori Ellis
03-16-2006, 12:23 AM
I picked Detroit because I loved the series last season.

Leetonidas
03-16-2006, 12:23 AM
Pistons. Rematch baby.

Melmart1
03-16-2006, 12:28 AM
The Pistons would be tougher, and I would love to see a rematch. Although I always ultimately want the Spurs to win, I want to see great basketball at the same time.

That being said, if we are going on matchups, its a tough call. Who knows who will be healthy and 100% come playof time. There is still roughly a month till the playoffs start. A lot can still happen. IMHO, its too early to pose this question yet.

TDMVPDPOY
03-16-2006, 12:32 AM
dont really care who we face, miami will be a pushover team, while the pistons hahahaha no comment

DieMrBond
03-16-2006, 12:37 AM
If the Spurs are 100% healthy (or TD and Manu are playing well, at least) then i would gladly face either - because i think we could beat either.

If TD or Manu arent playing well, then i would hope for the heat as i think we stand a better chance against them due to matchup advantages (i.e tp v williams, td v all). Sure, shaq/alonzo is a better combo than rasho/nazr but who on their team will slow either tp or manu? weve got bruce v wade...

but if we face detroit at less than 95-100% it will be much tougher.

Pistons < Spurs
03-16-2006, 12:40 AM
Pistons. Rematch baby.

Amen!

mavsfan1000
03-16-2006, 12:41 AM
Who would Dallas rather face? Miami or Detroit?

Please_dont_ban_me
03-16-2006, 12:44 AM
Detroit.

All the shit they talked about how they felt they should've won last year. Beat there asses again, see what they have to say this time.

Spurminator
03-16-2006, 12:44 AM
I'd be okay with facing the Pistons in the next five Finalseses.... For one thing, I like their team... for another thing, the Networks would HATE it.

sa_butta
03-16-2006, 12:45 AM
Who would Dallas rather face? Miami or Detroit?If they ever made it that far they would get spanked by either one.

mavsfan1000
03-16-2006, 12:50 AM
If they ever made it that far they would get spanked by either one.
BTW in the regular season Dallas owns both teams. :lol

Gerryatrics
03-16-2006, 12:51 AM
Tough one, I think Detroit would be a more entertaining matchup, but at the same time I think the Spurs would most likely lose the series, at this point. Miami is an easier matchup, but most likely not as entertaining. I can't really pick between the two.

sa_butta
03-16-2006, 12:57 AM
BTW in the regular season Dallas owns both teams. :lolBTW Dallas sucks in the playoffs.

mavsfan1000
03-16-2006, 12:57 AM
Miami and San Antonio would be more interesting since Miami is all offense and no defense. Detroit is more of a defensive team though they have become more of an offensive team with Flip. Detroit though relies too much on outside shots and are capable of getting beaten by Miami.

Amuseddaysleeper
03-16-2006, 01:04 AM
I picked Detroit because I loved the series last season.

so Kori what you're tryin to tell me is that you don't simply want the easy road to a championship, you want what is the most entertaining and best basketball available even if that means that our team has a chance of not winning the series! I think we are on opposite ends of that decision! :lol

Amuseddaysleeper
03-16-2006, 01:05 AM
and i think dallas would match up much better with Miami than detroit if they got that far.

Melmart1
03-16-2006, 01:10 AM
so Kori what you're tryin to tell me is that you don't simply want the easy road to a championship, you want what is the most entertaining and best basketball available even if that means that our team has a chance of not winning the series! I think we are on opposite ends of that decision! :lol

I don't know about Kori, but I pretty much agree with this. The path of least resistance does not prove you are a champion. If you want to be the best, you have to be able to beat anyone and everyone. 2003 was awesome, but I knew we would beat the nets. 2005 challenged me in every way as a fan. It was awesome :)

I think it also boils down to being a fan of basketball, not just the Spurs.

Obstructed_View
03-16-2006, 01:11 AM
Whoever wins between them is the better team. I just want the best shot from every team so there are no excuses. There will be enough from the Mavs fans after the WCF.

timvp
03-16-2006, 01:13 AM
Heat.

I want number 4.

Amuseddaysleeper
03-16-2006, 01:15 AM
Heat.

I want number 4.

amen brotha

i'm all for watching game 7's

unless it includes SA cuz last year was WAY too nerve racking!!

cs100
03-16-2006, 01:22 AM
I want the Spurs to play the best team in the east - Pistons.

TDMVPDPOY
03-16-2006, 01:35 AM
i want the spurs to meet the heat in the finals so we can end the debate of duncan>kazaam

Sense
03-16-2006, 01:41 AM
BTW in the regular season Dallas owns both teams. :lol

Did you just say regular season?

Cuz that's all Dallas has to talk about during their existance....

Horry For 3!
03-16-2006, 01:45 AM
It doesn't matter to me

FreshPrince22
03-16-2006, 01:48 AM
I'll be selfish and say Pistons!! :elephant

Kori Ellis
03-16-2006, 02:32 AM
so Kori what you're tryin to tell me is that you don't simply want the easy road to a championship, you want what is the most entertaining and best basketball available even if that means that our team has a chance of not winning the series!

Yes :lmao

And LJ and I are in complete disagreement in regards to this. For example, I prefer all the games to be close and he relishes blowouts. (I guess that means I don't care as much if the Spurs win/lose :lol)

rayray2k8
03-16-2006, 02:34 AM
You bunch of wimps!! :lol
Gotta play the best to be named the best>> :fro

velik_m
03-16-2006, 02:56 AM
detroit would be fun, but beating Shaq = priceless

Kamnik
03-16-2006, 06:10 AM
by the time one team wins (heat or the pistons) in the east you will want to play them as you want to be the best of the best :)

both teams would be a huge challenge and crazy fun to watch

Miami-a new chalenge

Detroit-rematch with A LOT of emotions and the loser would have to bow their head to the other team

well at least Detroit would have to because they would be beaten twice in a row

but Detroit is playing so good this year and both teams are so strong that noone could predict a result

one can only wish for one!

kalikot_boy_kr
03-16-2006, 06:44 AM
:elephant
WHAT???? MAVS ARE U DREAMING??? :pctoss

kalikot_boy_kr
03-16-2006, 06:46 AM
:elephant HEY GURLSSS I LIKE FACE TO FACE!!!!!

ZStomp
03-16-2006, 07:17 AM
Whoever. Bring it on.

GoSpurs21
03-16-2006, 09:46 AM
Heat.

I want number 4.gotta agree with you here maang
but becuase I want the Spurs to beat Shaq in the finals...that would be icing on the cake

while playing detroit might be a longer (and harder) series, I would prefer to beat a team that has snaq, payton, white chocolat and walker. I have never liked any of those players

For example, I prefer all the games to be close and he relishes blowouts. (I guess that means I don't care as much if the Spurs win/lose :lol)that's hilarious cause my wife prefers blowouts while I just can't help but love a close game (cause of all the intensity)

nkdlunch
03-16-2006, 09:52 AM
This question is useless. The Heat will never beat the Pistons in a million year. Pistons are locked for the finals. book it

san antonio spurs
03-16-2006, 12:37 PM
This question is useless. The Heat will never beat the Pistons in a million year. Pistons are locked for the finals. book it
I agree with you on this one.
________
FantasticDoll live (http://camslivesexy.com/cam/FantasticDoll)

DarkReign
03-16-2006, 12:46 PM
This thread is not directed towards anyone but fans of SA.

But I just had to comment on that silly-ass Mavs fan trying to hijack, basing his arguments on the only thing a Mavs fan ever could...the regular season.

If I were a Spurs fan, I would want the Heat. Because if the Heat actually make it, that means they had to beat the Pistons. Which means 7 game series. Which means old-busted down Shaq and Zo. Which means nobody on the Heat could even SLOW Big Fundamental down. Nevermind Wade's sorry excuse for defense. Manu and TP would be literally walking down the lane.

LilMissSPURfect
03-16-2006, 12:55 PM
bring em'

there's only one way to get the trophy.....

RobinsontoDuncan
03-16-2006, 01:18 PM
I think people here forget the ass beating the Pistons gave us twice this year. I cant even remember the last time a team came into San Antonio and handled the Spurs like that. If you guys want to win another championship, root for Miami.

Detroit is just better than we are this year (with Duncan injured) and they will pound us on the boards like it's no one's buisness.

spurs_fan_in_exile
03-16-2006, 01:24 PM
Whatever team comes out of the east is not going to be an easy out any way you look at it. The Pistons are a hardcore team and if the Heat find a way to beat them in a seven game series then playing the Heat would worry me greatly. All things considered I want the Heat, because I hate so many of their damn players. Plus I like the Pistons fans around here a lot, and I think it would be easier to keep liking them if they were saying, "Come on Spurs! Kick the Heat's ass!" in a vengeful manner instead of "Go Pistons! Kick the Spurs' ass!"

DarkReign
03-16-2006, 01:55 PM
Plus I like the Pistons fans around here a lot, and I think it would be easier to keep liking them if they were saying, "Come on Spurs! Kick the Heat's ass!" in a vengeful manner instead of "Go Pistons! Kick the Spurs' ass!"

:tu Vice versa for 99.9% of the peeps here.

mavsfan1000
03-16-2006, 04:25 PM
This thread is not directed towards anyone but fans of SA.

But I just had to comment on that silly-ass Mavs fan trying to hijack, basing his arguments on the only thing a Mavs fan ever could...the regular season.

It's not silly if it translates into the playoffs. Of course mavs haters would not understand that part of it. Especially now that the mavs play defense.

Obstructed_View
03-16-2006, 04:59 PM
I think people here forget the ass beating the Pistons gave us twice this year. I cant even remember the last time a team came into San Antonio and handled the Spurs like that. If you guys want to win another championship, root for Miami.
Should we be hoping for a major injury to a Piston player, too? I wouldn't get any satisfaction from watching my team back their way into a championship. I'll root for the best teams to be playing their best basketball when the Spurs beat them, thanks. Detroit is going to have to do more than win two regular season games to worry me.

ALVAREZ6
03-16-2006, 05:10 PM
No brainer.

Melmart1
03-16-2006, 05:22 PM
Should we be hoping for a major injury to a Piston player, too? I wouldn't get any satisfaction from watching my team back their way into a championship. I'll root for the best teams to be playing their best basketball when the Spurs beat them, thanks. Detroit is going to have to do more than win two regular season games to worry me.

Couldn't have said it any better myself. Injuries happen, they are a part of the game. But to hope that one happens because you are afraid of the other team means you are NOT championship material. No more asterisk talk, damnit! Spurs gotta win this the hard way. Wishing for an injury or the easier teams smells like lack of faith to me.

Pistonfan1
03-16-2006, 05:46 PM
I swear some spurs fans in here are such pussies. We still have to prove ourselves in a series against you guys while you have already proved that. While I am confident as hell in this team to get the title back, you people need to think of this question I am about to ask. Who has beaten Tim Duncan in a 7 game series since 1999 outside of the Lakers?? Answer me that fucking question?? Until proven otherwise, that was the only team ever holding the Spurs back from more titles. The fact that some of you are scared of us shows me you have no confidence in your team. IF anything we should be "scared" of you guys because we have yet to beat you in a series. The ones who want to face us are the ones who know that winning titles are never easy. You scared ass spurs fans just want it so fucking easy but let me remind you that it is not. Great teams are ready for any situation at any given time. It just really pisses me off that some of you guys have fucking periods thinking about us when you have proven yourselfs. :pctoss :pctoss :pctoss .

mavsfan1000
03-16-2006, 05:58 PM
Glad you cleared that up. :rolleyes

ALVAREZ6
03-16-2006, 06:03 PM
I swear some spurs fans in here are such pussies. We still have to prove ourselves in a series against you guys while you have already proved that. While I am confident as hell in this team to get the title back, you people need to think of this question I am about to ask. Who has beaten Tim Duncan in a 7 game series since 1999 outside of the Lakers?? Answer me that fucking question?? Until proven otherwise, that was the only team ever holding the Spurs back from more titles. The fact that some of you are scared of us shows me you have no confidence in your team. IF anything we should be "scared" of you guys because we have yet to beat you in a series. The ones who want to face us are the ones who know that winning titles are never easy. You scared ass spurs fans just want it so fucking easy but let me remind you that it is not. Great teams are ready for any situation at any given time. It just really pisses me off that some of you guys have fucking periods thinking about us when you have proven yourselfs. :pctoss :pctoss :pctoss .

How the fuck are we scared???? fuckin bitch, the poll simply says "who would you rather face?"

and that is the Heat.

Leetonidas
03-16-2006, 06:05 PM
Actually, beating the Heat in the finals would be aweomse...think about it...

Shaq loses
Payton loses
Mourning loses
White Chocolate loses
Shimmyfest loses

Hmm...

Would be fun, but I'd rather watch Spurs vs. Pistons, still.

Leetonidas
03-16-2006, 06:07 PM

WTF are you talking about?

The Spurs are not scared of the Pistons, and I sure as hell am not, and I'm sure it's the same vice versa.

Tanya
03-16-2006, 07:16 PM
I don't like a MIA vs. SA series.
Simple. MIA DON'T HAVE CHEMISTRY. MIA DON'T PLAY DEFENSE.
What a boring final will be if MIA plays SA. Go back to check the history, what was the last time MIA beat SA?

cs100
03-16-2006, 07:29 PM
I would rather play Detroit. Even if Snaq is playoff ready, the Pistons can kill them with their jump shots so Snaq is not involved. The Pistons have also had success in slowing Snaq down, just like we did in '03. Miami is just not good enough to win with the lineup they have. Detroit and SA have won the last two championships and I would certainly want to break that tie in SA favor.

milkyway21
03-16-2006, 08:42 PM
Miami Heat.
I'd rather lose to ShaQ's Miami than the Pistons.

But the Spurs are the better team anyway. They can beat this team. And with their current record we have the HCA.

a Spurs-Miami Heat showdown will be one of the hottest NBA finals showdown ever. We are through with the Pistons in 2005, I want a different opponent this yr.

and I'm excited to see the result of these matchups:

Duncan-ShaQ
Manu-Wade
TP-AD

P.S and hey i want revenge on Lakers' Derek last sec. (.4) shot in 2004-the last time Duncan faced Shaq in the playoffs.

mavsfan1000
03-16-2006, 08:49 PM
I would love to see a spurs-heat showdown. A spurs-pistons matchup is definitely less appealing. If the spurs play the heat than you will see one of the few times I root for the spurs. I hate Shaq and hope he loses of course but that's what makes the series more appealing is the hate of that team.

ALVAREZ6
03-16-2006, 08:50 PM
Actually, beating the Heat in the finals would be aweomse...think about it...

Shaq loses
Payton loses
Mourning loses
White Chocolate loses
Shimmyfest loses.
:tu :tu :tu

jochhejaam
03-16-2006, 09:08 PM
I hate Shaq and hope he loses
:tu One way or the other I think Shaq's gonna be "devastated" for the 3rd straight year.

<hate would be a bit stronger than what I would use but we're still on the same page on this one>

ObiwanGinobili
03-16-2006, 09:28 PM
Pistons.
If we go against the Pistons it's a "fair fight" 2 teams extremely well matched. I enjoyed last years series alot and after the 2 losses we had to them this season I'm anxious to see how it goes this year.
Pistons. Definatly.

why would anyone vote Heat? for the easy win? because it's Shaq?

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
03-16-2006, 10:02 PM
If it's a Miami/SA Finals, three quarters of the main page will be threads bitching about how Wade/Shaq get all the calls . . . and they'd have merit.

TwoHandJam
03-16-2006, 11:23 PM
Definitely the Heat. Last year's series took years off my life. I'll take the easy back-to-back thank you very much.

milkyway21
03-16-2006, 11:52 PM
Pistons.
If we go against the Pistons it's a "fair fight" 2 teams extremely well matched. I enjoyed last years series alot and after the 2 losses we had to them this season I'm anxious to see how it goes this year.
Pistons. Definatly.

with Duncan's injury, I don't think there's a fair fight if we play Detroit. I can't even guaranty if Duncan can survive a seven-game series when there's a possibility of a 2nd rnd Mavericks series, and probably the fast-breaking Suns in the WC finals.

why would anyone vote Heat? for the easy win? because it's ShaQ?
it's called :RIVALRY . There's no better rivalry in the league after Jordan retired but the Duncan-ShaQ. Duncan swept Shaq in 1999 in route to 1st title; ShaQ won in the next 3 seasons, then Tim with a retiring Admiral's Spurs put an end to the Lakers' 3-peat reign in 2003, then lastly, Shaq's Lakers stopped Duncan's quest for 3rd title in 2004.
And yeah, for the easy win, definitely.

zero signal
03-17-2006, 12:04 AM
Definitely the Heat. Last year's series took years off my life. I'll take the easy back-to-back thank you very much.
Agree, totally... that was the most emotionally draining series I've ever watched.

Amuseddaysleeper
03-17-2006, 12:12 AM
Agree, totally... that was the most emotionally draining series I've ever watched.

exactly, out of the rings that one was the LEAST sweetest b/c of the stress

it almost felt like "YOUR 2005 BARELY CHAMPIONS SAN ANTONIO SPURS!"

(kidding about that of course, but too stressful, as LJ says, I want number 4)

Melmart1
03-17-2006, 12:25 AM
exactly, out of the rings that one was the LEAST sweetest b/c of the stress

it almost felt like "YOUR 2005 BARELY CHAMPIONS SAN ANTONIO SPURS!"

(kidding about that of course, but too stressful, as LJ says, I want number 4)

I am just the opposite. To me it was that much sweeter because they had to dig deep to get that title. There was no 'barely'... the history books just says who won in 2005, not by how much.

Amuseddaysleeper
03-17-2006, 12:27 AM
I am just the opposite. To me it was that much sweeter because they had to dig deep to get that title. There was no 'barely'... the history books just says who won in 2005, not by how much.

haha i know my "barely" comment was a total joke, it was just that series was so close and i still can't believe we actually won the damn thing! :spin

Pistonfan1
03-17-2006, 11:28 AM
How the fuck are we scared???? fuckin bitch, the poll simply says "who would you rather face?"

and that is the Heat.

Which is another way of saying "who do you fear less in a 7 game series?" The true response should be the "pistons" or "it doesnt matter". What a great sign of confidence you have in your team :rolleyes .

CharlieMac
03-17-2006, 12:33 PM
Heat. I want to see Shaq lose to us again.

Incred1
03-17-2006, 02:05 PM
Pistons. We can beat them again and I love the series.

nkdlunch
03-17-2006, 02:13 PM
I'm surprised most ppl want the Heat. Pistons vs Spurs would be a hell of a series and much more competitive and fun to watch that fat ass shaq shooting free throws, Walker shooting briks and whitechocolate passing the ball to the fans in first row.

Amuseddaysleeper
03-17-2006, 03:51 PM
I'm surprised most ppl want the Heat. Pistons vs Spurs would be a hell of a series and much more competitive and fun to watch that fat ass shaq shooting free throws, Walker shooting briks and whitechocolate passing the ball to the fans in first row.

true it would be a MUCH better series but because the chances are ridicuously high of us LOSING that series we'd rather take the easy less stressful road to the championship and get ring #4 through miami! :lol

SAGambler
03-17-2006, 04:09 PM
I pick Detroit.

1. I think we may be a bit in Detroits heads as to whether they can win against us in a Finals series. Remember last year, they climb off that bus, waving their "belts", talking their trash, and then commenced to get their butts handed to them the first two games.

2. I think it would be a much better Finals with Detroit than Miami.

3. I just hate to think of Shaq having a shot at another title.

mavsfan1000
03-17-2006, 04:21 PM
Which is another way of saying "who do you fear less in a 7 game series?" The true response should be the "pistons" or "it doesnt matter". What a great sign of confidence you have in your team :rolleyes .
So looking for the easier road and wanting to beat Shaq again is being scared? :rolleyes

Budkin
03-17-2006, 05:39 PM
We would sweep or go 5 games max with the Heat so I'll take the Heat. Against the Pistons it would most likely go 7 again, if we didn't lose in 6.

Obstructed_View
03-17-2006, 07:02 PM
So looking for the easier road and wanting to beat Shaq again is being scared? :rolleyes
Looking for the easier road is scared, IMO. Wanting to beat an old Shaq instead of a in-his-prime Ben Wallace smacks of scared to me, as well.