PDA

View Full Version : Grieving Mom Paints Tribute To Dead-GI Son On Hummer

Nbadan
03-16-2006, 04:20 AM
http://www.ocregister.com/newsimages/local/2006/03/03hummer1_md.jpg
GRIEVING MOM: Karla Comfort wipes away a tear as she stands next to her
hand-painted Hummer that she drove Thursday to Camp Pendleton.

CAMP PENDLETON – The images on the black Hummer are a rolling tribute to the fallen. The young faces stare back at you from black-tinted windows. Some wear Marine Corps dress blues. Others smile, their heads adorned by traditional camouflage caps.

http://www.bentoncourier.com/content/articles/2006/02/27/features/97lliving.jpg

Many Marines stop in their tracks as they walk by the vehicle for the first time, fixated on the memorial to the 10 Marines from the 2nd Battalion 7th Marine Regiment killed in Iraq last year by a roadside bomb.

They salute. Two others make the sign of the cross.

The Hummer is that striking.

"My favorite part is the scene from heaven," said Karla Comfort, whose son, Lance Cpl. John Holmason, 20, was killed on Dec. 1, 2005, along with nine others based at Twentynine Palms....

OC Register (http://www.ocregister.com/ocregister/homepage/abox/article_1027732.php)

:vomit

Oh, Gee!!
03-16-2006, 09:17 AM
She must be part Mexican.

Mr. Peabody
03-16-2006, 09:47 AM
She must be part Mexican.

If she was part-Mexican, it wouldn't be a Hummer. It would be a Monte Carlo.

And her son would be painted to look like an Aztec Warrior embracing a fallen Aztec female.

Oh, Gee!!
03-16-2006, 09:58 AM
If she was part-Mexican, it wouldn't be a Hummer. It would be a Monte Carlo.

And her son would be painted to look like an Aztec Warrior embracing a fallen Aztec female.

that would be nice, holmes. painted in candy apple red.

Sec24Row7
03-16-2006, 11:01 AM
http://www.ocregister.com/newsimages/local/2006/03/03hummer1_md.jpg
GRIEVING MOM: Karla Comfort wipes away a tear as she stands next to her
hand-painted Hummer that she drove Thursday to Camp Pendleton.

OC Register (http://www.ocregister.com/ocregister/homepage/abox/article_1027732.php)

You would Vomit at someone paying tribute to soldiers wouldn't you?

I can read most of your bullshit and not have it piss me off because you are obviously 5 cards short of a full house, but making fun of grieving mothers of dead soldiers who have died for YOU wheather you like it or not, infuriates me.

gtownspur
03-16-2006, 03:16 PM
NbaDan and guttersluts like elpimpo deserve a good ass whoopin and flogging publicly. How the fuck do these morons only worship a mother like Sheehan who disgraces the troops efforts, and then disgrace a mother who put a tribute to her son which had no agenda for or against the war. It was a simple memorial.

But that's why i will stick to my accusation of NBAdan, he's anti american, and as far as elpimpo, he's anti-think-before-you-speak. And if any of the mods want to jump in (including Kori) i'd advise you to go beyond actually reading what he post and see where his true intentions lie.

I haven't labeled a single person on this board anti american, not even SA210, my harshest critic and polar opposite. But NBaDan takes the cake and the fruit. He's a genuine anti american jerk.......off!

Peter
03-16-2006, 04:04 PM
Gaudy displays of grief are only valid when they trash the president. Understood.

Obstructed_View
03-16-2006, 04:23 PM
That's all I need to know about you.

Extra Stout
03-16-2006, 04:32 PM
Nbadan is sort of the moonbat-leftie version of Fred Phelps.

Peter
03-16-2006, 04:34 PM
Nbadan is sort of the moonbat-leftie version of Fred Phelps.

Makes sense. He references Fox News, Limbaugh, and Coulter more than any conservative I've known.

Nbadan
03-16-2006, 04:55 PM
You would Vomit at someone paying tribute to soldiers wouldn't you?

I can read most of your bullshit and not have it piss me off because you are obviously 5 cards short of a full house, but making fun of grieving mothers of dead soldiers who have died for YOU wheather you like it or not, infuriates me.

:rolleyes

He didn't die for me, I drive a hybrid, but he did die for the luxury of his mom driving her Hummer. I hope she thinks about that every time she fills up her 10 MPG vehicle.

Oh, Gee!!
03-16-2006, 04:58 PM

He didn't die for me, I drive a hybrid, but he did die for the luxury of his mom driving her Hummer. I hope she thinks about that every time she fills up her 10 MPG vehicle.

Grow up, hippie.

Nbadan
03-16-2006, 05:04 PM
Grow up, hippie.

:lmao

Mixability
03-16-2006, 05:06 PM
thats ironic.

Sec24Row7
03-16-2006, 05:22 PM
If you're an american citizen he died for YOU.

Period.

The End.

There is no getting around it.

I don't care if you are burning flags in front of the whitehouse.

If you are an american citizen, he died for YOU.

Mr. Peabody
03-16-2006, 05:28 PM
thats ironic.

I do think it's ironic that this roving tribute to the men and women fighting overseas is displayed on a Hummer. After all, it is our dependence on foreign oil that often draws us in to these conflicts in the Middle East and causes a loss of American life. And nothing symbolizes our unfettered consumption of oil better than a Hummer.

boutons_
03-16-2006, 05:29 PM
His life was wasted for the Repugs' lies and bogus war.

This isn't an American war. It's a Repug war.

Mr. Peabody
03-16-2006, 05:31 PM
If you're an american citizen he died for YOU.

I agree.

Saying "He wasn't fighting for me" demeans this kid's life and death.

He was fighting for on behalf of this country and we are citizens of this country.

Mr. Peabody
03-16-2006, 05:36 PM

The kid is not out there fighting on behalf of Conservatives. And he is not out there fighting on behalf of Republicans. He is out there because he is an American soldier fighting of behalf of his country. Don't belittle that.

Sec24Row7
03-16-2006, 05:43 PM
The only thing that guy can run is his mouth.

Don't worry about him.

Nbadan
03-16-2006, 05:54 PM
Think of it this way, if everyone drove gas efficient vehicles it would be less unnecessary for the U.S. to be involved in countries that have the second and third largest known crude oil reserves in the world.

boutons_
03-16-2006, 07:24 PM
I'm not belittling the military or any dead soldier.
They didn't decide to start this war.
They are neutral pawns in the Repug game.
But, they should have known that when they signed up for the military, that could get sent to Viet Nam type of war, a Repug-re-election type of war.

The Repugs chose to start this war, so this kid's wasted blood is on dubya/dickhead/Repug criminal hands.

Sec24Row7
03-16-2006, 07:25 PM
Think of it this way, if everyone drove gas efficient vehicles it would be less unnecessary for the U.S. to be involved in countries that have the second and third largest known crude oil reserves in the world.

Your brain is so fucked up, now you are contradicting yourself and telling us the truth.

Sec24Row7
03-16-2006, 07:27 PM
I'm not belittling the military or any dead soldier.
They didn't decide to start this war.
They are neutral pawns in the Repug game.
But, they should have known that when they signed up for the military, that could get sent to Viet Nam type of war, a Repug-re-election type of war.

The Repugs chose to start this war, so this kid's wasted blood is on dubya/dickhead/Repug criminal hands.

The thing about Bush is, he knows he sent those people there. He knows they died because he made a decision. It was a decision he will believe in until his death, and likely history will believe was the right one in 100 years.

You can disagree with him, or my opinion on history. No one is debating who made the decision to send them there.

mookie2001
03-16-2006, 08:50 PM
^see...so he's actually a BETTER president, BECAUSE he was wrong

Sec24Row7
03-16-2006, 10:07 PM
I never said he was wrong.

Guru of Nothing
03-16-2006, 11:25 PM

One word for you: Shun

Nbadan
03-17-2006, 01:33 AM
One word for you: Shun

Eh, I had a friend sent to Iraq on his second tour; before he left he tried to get me to sign-up so that he didn't have to keep going back again and again and again. War does strange things to people. If we all really supported the troops then logic dictates that we take real action to support them that really matters, not token gestures like hanging yellow magnets from our cars or painting their memory on a ‘Golden Goat’ that has come to symbolize what is most rotten about our society. Ms. Comfort (what a appropriate name) may feel like she is honoring her son, but to many she is also mocking his memory and that of his platoon.

Peter
03-17-2006, 01:39 AM
Apparently some thought differently, per the article...

Many Marines stop in their tracks as they walk by the vehicle for the first time, fixated on the memorial to the 10 Marines from the 2nd Battalion 7th Marine Regiment killed in Iraq last year by a roadside bomb.

They salute. Two others make the sign of the cross.

Nbadan
03-17-2006, 01:44 AM
Apparently some thought differently, per the article...

Marines honor their dead no matter the circumstance. Doesn't change what I posted.

Peter
03-17-2006, 02:24 AM
Sure, and apparently they had no problem with the tribute.

Nbadan
03-17-2006, 02:41 AM
Sure, and apparently they had no problem with the tribute.

Of course not, but others might. These guys are broken-down, physically and mentally, and reindoctrined into a military way of thinking. Officers in the military love Republican Presidents and administrations who over-spend on needless military toys and always seem to find a dime to buy another resort for former officers, but can't seem to find a few pennies to pay for the full health care benefits that combat veterans were promised. Of course, these GI's don't know how much they are being ribbed until years later when Gulf-War syndrome sets in and the VA is denying their claims because the military doesn't recognize their disease as being caused exclusively as a result of former combat.

It's a joke.

ChumpDumper
03-17-2006, 02:51 AM
Let a mother grieve, Dan.

Melmart1
03-17-2006, 03:02 AM
Who on earth would belittle a mother grieving her dead son? Not cool, Dan. Not cool.

Nbadan
03-17-2006, 03:48 AM
Who on earth would belittle a mother grieving her dead son? Not cool, Dan. Not cool.

Right, just like Republicans have respected Cindy Sheehan's loss. :rolleyes

Ms Comfort knew she was inviting controversy by painting her tribute on a Hummer.

Melmart1
03-17-2006, 04:11 AM
Right, just like Republicans have respected Cindy Sheehan's loss. :rolleyes

Ms Comfort knew she was inviting controversy by painting her tribute on a Hummer.

Sooo.. because Republicans have belittled a greiving mother gives you Carte Blanche to do the same? Two wrongs do not make a right. It's things like the callous heart you are displaying here that give those very Republicans fodder to degrade your beliefs.

Nbadan
03-17-2006, 04:49 AM
Sooo.. because Republicans have belittled a greiving mother gives you Carte Blanche to do the same? Two wrongs do not make a right. It's things like the callous heart you are displaying here that give those very Republicans fodder to degrade your beliefs.

Yeah right, like by driving a Hummer she's not thumbing her nose at the 'poor and middle-class' who won't sacrifice their children the way she sacrificed her privileged son for her right to be glut-ness.

smeagol
03-17-2006, 07:07 AM
Dan picks on Ms Comfort, Yoni picks on Ms Sheehan. Both are grieving mothers but to the left and the right, it doesn't really matter because they have their own agendas. The fact they lost sons is beyond the point. If they don't think as I do, I will criticize them.

Partisanism sucks.

Extra Stout
03-17-2006, 09:20 AM
Ms. Sheehan got a lot of traction as a grieving mother demanding answers. A lot of people left and right sympathized with that. Where she jumped the shark is when she stopped looking like a grieving mother, and started looking like a long-time extreme-left political activist using her son's death to gain publicity.

smeagol
03-17-2006, 09:59 AM
Ms. Sheehan got a lot of traction as a grieving mother demanding answers. A lot of people left and right sympathized with that. Where she jumped the shark is when she stopped looking like a grieving mother, and started looking like a long-time extreme-left political activist using her son's death to gain publicity.
Agreed, but I remember the bashing started way before she went ultra-political.

Sec24Row7
03-17-2006, 10:26 AM
I actually give sheehan a lot longer rope because she is obviously really upset about the death of her son.

I know that she is a nutjob, but I don't blame her for being one. She lost her son to a war that she doesn't agree with and now she is trying to make the man that sent him there pay for it.

Completely understandable human reaction.

I disagree with her, but I'm not going to belittle her loss.

That would undermine her son's sacrifice... and hers.

smeagol
03-17-2006, 10:54 AM
I actually give sheehan a lot longer rope because she is obviously really upset about the death of her son.

I know that she is a nutjob, but I don't blame her for being one. She lost her son to a war that she doesn't agree with and now she is trying to make the man that sent him there pay for it.

Completely understandable human reaction.

I disagree with her, but I'm not going to belittle her loss.

That would undermine her son's sacrifice... and hers.
Some neocons on this board have taken a very different approach.

Sec24Row7
03-17-2006, 11:07 AM
The nutjob conservatives on this board are outnumbered by nutjob liberals on the order of about 10:1.

xrayzebra
03-17-2006, 11:10 AM
Of course not, but others might. These guys are broken-down, physically and mentally, and reindoctrined into a military way of thinking. Officers in the military love Republican Presidents and administrations who over-spend on needless military toys and always seem to find a dime to buy another resort for former officers, but can't seem to find a few pennies to pay for the full health care benefits that combat veterans were promised. Of course, these GI's don't know how much they are being ribbed until years later when Gulf-War syndrome sets in and the VA is denying their claims because the military doesn't recognize their disease as being caused exclusively as a result of former combat.

It's a joke.

Dan you are the one broken down, mentally and indoctrinated to the nth.
You have no idea what you are talking about. You are dumb as a doorknob.
Go back into your VietNam era and live there along with the veteran
Swiftboat commander, John Kerry. You know the guy who was wounded
humpteen times and once he had to even use a band aid. Oh, I forgot
he still carries the shrapnel. :lol

desflood
03-17-2006, 01:33 PM

I have a friend over in Iraq. He's a card-carrying Democrat. If he dies, I am going to send you a personal invitation to his funeral.

gtownspur
03-17-2006, 01:48 PM
Some neocons on this board have taken a very different approach.

Bullshit!

provide examples before she went political and was just greiveing where we conservatives dissed her, before lumping us in with NBADAn.

Sheehan used her son as propoganda. This other lady didnt provide an agenda. NBAdan is akin to those funeral protestors, dont try to make you're cook freinds less loony by trying to pull a fast one on us.

smeagol
03-17-2006, 05:37 PM
Bullshit!

provide examples before she went political and was just greiveing where we conservatives dissed her, before lumping us in with NBADAn.

Sheehan used her son as propoganda. This other lady didnt provide an agenda. NBAdan is akin to those funeral protestors, dont try to make you're cook freinds less loony by trying to pull a fast one on us.
Moron, I was not talking about you.

billboardbill
03-17-2006, 06:23 PM
Both women are using their sons death as propoganda. I don't agree with either using their sons death to gain attention.

gtownspur
03-18-2006, 02:09 AM
Moron, I was not talking about you.

Right, you were only talking about some imaginary neocons who post here.

gtownspur
03-18-2006, 02:09 AM
Both women are using their sons death as propoganda. I don't agree with either using their sons death to gain attention.

Back up your ridiculous statement for the sake of everybody.

smeagol
03-18-2006, 07:35 AM
Right, you were only talking about some imaginary neocons who post here.
Are you the only neocon who posts in this board?

You are one of the stupidest . . . but certainly not the only one.

Spurminator
03-18-2006, 11:48 AM
I remember this Maureen Dowd quote being used several times a while back...

"The moral authority of parents who bury children killed in Iraq is absolute."

I don't necessarily agree with her completely, but I know some of the same people mocking this mother were the ones quoting Dowd on Sheehan's behalf.

gtownspur
03-19-2006, 11:42 AM
like i said, put up or shut up..... bring those examples to fruitition.

chode_regulator
03-19-2006, 05:27 PM
first off i think nbadan just likes to post stupid shit like this bc he knows it will get a rise out of people
secondly, who cares what kind of car you drive. congratulations on buying a bybrid. can i touch you?
and thirdly if it wasnt for hippy fags like you then we could drill teh oil out of our own country and be less dependnet on iraq and the middle east. also it isnt bushs fault that we are dependent on oil. he wasnt around over 100 yrs ago when the industrial revolution began.

these comments are all aimed at nbadan btw.

and you are a sick fuck for making funof someone for memorializing their son. who cares what kind of car it is. you would probably be one of those bitches protesting at funerals. if cindy sheehan can be an idiot and do the shit she does than how does that make this other lady any worse, if not alot better.

gtownspur
03-20-2006, 12:17 AM
its our destiny to have patriotic Hummers

You need to fuck off, and get off Nbadan's small pecker.

Nbadan
03-20-2006, 03:14 PM
I hate nbadan
he's a secular humanist

Oh, shit....I guess I better declare now that I support Kinky Friedman

http://windingroad.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/045kinkyfriedman.jpg

For Texas Governor!

http://www.whiterose.org/michael/blog/archives/KF100_lg1.jpg

Nbadan
03-20-2006, 03:21 PM
I also support

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/f9/Chris_bell.jpg
Chris Bell, Democrat

...but he's got a snow-balls chance in Texas.

xrayzebra
03-20-2006, 03:26 PM
Dan, you are just like a jock strap, support anything hanging around.

Oh, Gee!!
03-20-2006, 08:45 PM
Dan, you are just like a jock strap, support anything hanging around.

8/10. Good Job.

Nbadan
03-21-2006, 08:25 PM
Dumping the Hummer for a Honda...

For Janna Jensen, it was the dirty looks and nasty gestures from other drivers that finally persuaded her to give up the family's $55,000 Hummer H2. Her husband, Michael, meanwhile, was tired of the $300 monthly gasoline cost and the quality problems that began soon after they bought it.

So the Jensens of Reno, Nev., dumped the sport utility vehicle this year for a more modest Honda Element, still an S.U.V. but one with better gasoline mileage and a lower profile than the H2. And they are not alone.

Luxury sport utilities are becoming decidedly less cool than just three years ago, when they were the hottest things on wheels and dealers had long waiting lists for the most popular models.

On top of the sales drop that has hurt all sport utilities, fewer than half the people who bought luxury S.U.V.'s are going back for another one. Incentives for the vehicles are at record levels and for the first time, luxury automakers are paying out more for rebates and lease deals to entice consumers to buy luxury S.U.V.'s than to buy cars.

The higher cost of gasoline plays a big role, as it has for the last year of high oil prices. But wealthy buyers, who used to shrug off the expense, are shifting gears, as excessive energy consumption is becoming socially embarrassing.

Ny Times (http://www.nytimes.com/2006/03/18/business/18trucks.html?ex=1300338000&en=ce6fe6cf68ea0c24&ei=5090&partner=rssuserland&emc=rss)

Socially embarrassing to everyone but Ms. Comfort, that is.

gtownspur
03-22-2006, 01:31 AM
Dumping the Hummer for a Honda...

Ny Times (http://www.nytimes.com/2006/03/18/business/18trucks.html?ex=1300338000&en=ce6fe6cf68ea0c24&ei=5090&partner=rssuserland&emc=rss)

Socially embarrassing to everyone but Ms. Comfort, that is.

Dan there's a thing called using the finger and ramming the hummer all over the pussy ass geo metro with the i suck Ted Kennedy bumper sticker.

Sec24Row7
03-22-2006, 09:14 AM
If I drove a Honda I would be embarrassed.

101A
03-22-2006, 10:25 AM

He didn't die for me, I drive a hybrid,

Too much of a cliche. Them things is expensive; you'd have to have a job to have one.

Unless you're one of those trust-fund, so rich it's easy to be liberal, kids we all knew in college.

BTW: Hummers only get 10mpg downhill with a tailwind. Once again, you ain't got your facts strait.

JohnnyMarzetti
03-22-2006, 10:28 AM
You need to fuck off, and get off Nbadan's small pecker.

And you need to get you lips off Dumbya's ass.

smeagol
03-22-2006, 12:03 PM
like i said, put up or shut up..... bring those examples to fruitition.
I already said I'm not talking about you, numskull.

I don't have time to do a search, but I remember AHF and Yoni insulting the lady before she became a spokesperson for the left.

Don't get me wrong, i don't simpathize with Sheehan and what she stands for.

gtownspur
03-23-2006, 12:32 AM
I already said I'm not talking about you, numskull.

I don't have time to do a search, but I remember AHF and Yoni insulting the lady before she became a spokesperson for the left.

Don't get me wrong, i don't simpathize with Sheehan and what she stands for.

that said it all for me.

And she made it a political issue from day one, when she started badmouthing the jews.

gtownspur
03-23-2006, 12:33 AM
And you need to get you lips off Dumbya's ass.

:lol , go back to playing Yahoo checkers and looking up pokemon!

scott
03-25-2006, 01:48 AM
Is there a DNC approved list of ways to remember your dead children? Do they all entail making a public ass of yourself? Just wondering.