PDA

View Full Version : Brent Barry Sighting..

LuvBones
03-16-2006, 02:42 PM
http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smielephant.gif My dream has come true! I saw Brent Barry at the IMAX yesterday and got to talk to him for a while.. he was there with his son. Very tall and handsome in person. http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies2/smigrin.gif

http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smimakeout.gif

midgetonadonkey
03-16-2006, 02:52 PM
Did you tell him to start hitting his fucking shots?

CAGE
03-16-2006, 03:23 PM

:lmao

T Park
03-16-2006, 03:25 PM
Did you tell him to grow a pair and start taking the ball to the rack again?

Or at least try and play like he did in Seattle, wich is the reason hes getting paid 8 million a year?!?!?!

LilMissSPURfect
03-16-2006, 03:31 PM

he's been rollin' lately!

c'mon give the DAWG a bone! :fro

Lebowski Brickowski
03-16-2006, 03:36 PM
:smokin :smokin I bet Brent Barry would want to meet Tommy Chong too. :smokin :smokin

leemajors
03-16-2006, 04:03 PM
did you tell him t park was so upset that he changed his avatar to finley?!?!!?

T Park
03-16-2006, 04:07 PM
Hey Lee,

I rode that avatar from November through freakin November.

It took alot to change that avatar!!! :lol

Don't get me wrong.

I was on the Brent Barry bandwagon from day 1.

Looking at his numbers I was physched for what he would do here.

ANd he has DEFINATELY been beyond dissapointing.

Prob the biggest FA dissapointment in FA Spurs history.

leemajors
03-16-2006, 04:11 PM
haha

he has been a bit disappointing but i thought he redeemed himself a few times last year, but it was sporadic. if he keeps how he has been playing since the trade deadline up i will have no complaints. i actually would like to see 2 guard lineup with tony and barry together more instead of the 2 pg lineup, but that may be just me.

T Park
03-16-2006, 04:37 PM
a bit

a bit??

We were told this guy was gonna be be a 6th man candidate.

And two years in a row, hes been beaten out.

Last year, Devin Brown would've been the first off the bench for SGs had he not gotten hurt.

Brent Barry has been a HUGE dissapointment.

PERIOD.

SoCalSpursFan
03-16-2006, 04:45 PM

PERIOD.

*agrees*

Hitting shots "lately" isn't enough.

Brent Barry's Salary > Brent Barry

tekdragon
03-16-2006, 05:00 PM
Prob the biggest FA dissapointment in FA Spurs history.

HITA, anyone? :)

Hedo was pretty disappointing too.

T Park
03-16-2006, 05:02 PM
Neither ones were FA signees.

Both were acquired in trades.

Hedo was gotten for the rotting carcass for a retiring Danny Ferry.

Seriously, is that THAT bad?

Melmart1
03-16-2006, 05:06 PM
So... when it comes to Tim Duncan, most fans are "what has he done for us lately?" and completely forget what he has done for us in the very recent past...

But for Brent, it's "he sucked in the past" although he has been the difference-maker in more than one game lately....

Not a knock at anyone in this thread, just a general observation. Some people will never be happy.

T Park
03-16-2006, 05:07 PM
Im happy with how Brent has played lately.

But that doesn erase his BS from last year and all of this year, simple as that.

LuvBones
03-16-2006, 05:14 PM
Did you tell him to start hitting his fucking shots?http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/no.gif

I couldn't think of anything to say at first... I just blurted out "Can I shake your hand?" and I still couldnt think of something to say so then I blurted out "Oh, look at my earrings!" because I wearing spurs earrings. He said "Oh, they're pretty.." and finally I thought to tell him he was one of my favorite players and I was just so excited to meet him. He was really cool the whole time. http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smispin.gif

Sec24Row7
03-16-2006, 05:19 PM
Didn't we win a championship last year?

timvp
03-16-2006, 05:34 PM
http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/no.gif

I couldn't think of anything to say at first... I just blurted out "Can I shake your hand?" and I still couldnt think of something to say so then I blurted out "Oh, look at my earrings!" because I wearing spurs earrings. He said "Oh, they're pretty.." and finally I thought to tell him he was one of my favorite players and I was just so excited to meet him. He was really cool the whole time. http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smispin.gif

You should have told him about LuvBones.

spurs=bling
03-16-2006, 05:35 PM
:lol

angel_luv
03-16-2006, 05:36 PM
http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/no.gif

:lol That is super cool! I am really happy for you. :)

P.S. I like Hedo so be nice about him guys. :)

DannyT
03-16-2006, 05:39 PM

so im watchin PTI listenin to these knuckleheads talk bout nothing at my work...then i go on to read the thread about brent and his IMAX school trip
and then the next line say DID YOU TELL HIM TO HIT HIS FUCKIN SHOTS....
i started chockin on my gatorade and when i was able to breeeeef again i laughed my ass off!!!!

T Park
03-16-2006, 06:09 PM
It is an unfortunate fact that we can secure peace only by preparing for war.~John F. Kennedy

That is a fantastic quote that I agree with 100% DannyT.

DannyT
03-16-2006, 06:28 PM
That is a fantastic quote that I agree with 100% DannyT.

WHAT DID HE SAID....

ZStomp
03-16-2006, 07:09 PM
http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smielephant.gif My dream has come true! I saw Brent Barry at the IMAX yesterday and got to talk to him for a while.. he was there with his son. Very tall and handsome in person. http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies2/smigrin.gif

http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smimakeout.gif

Your dream?

What happen to Manu?

ZStomp
03-16-2006, 07:10 PM
Where do you get that he makes $8 million a year?

PM5K
03-16-2006, 07:21 PM
I would have left him the fuck alone, I mean he's there with his son....

LuvBones
03-16-2006, 07:29 PM
^I wasn't bugging him.. he came up to me. :spin

T Park
03-16-2006, 07:48 PM
Where do you get that he makes $8 million a year?

uh, the contract he signed :lol

Old School Chic
03-16-2006, 07:53 PM
^I wasn't bugging him.. he came up to me. :spin

Whoa! That's a new one

Players never go up to fans... :lmao

Kori Ellis
03-16-2006, 07:55 PM

He makes $4.6M this season. Even two years from now he only makes $5.5M. Barry had a bigger offer from other teams but took less money to come to S.A.

That being said, I don't want the Spurs to be paying him $5.5M in 2 years.

PM5K
03-16-2006, 07:58 PM
Whoa! That's a new one

Nah, happened to me as well, David Robinson once came up to me and asked for my autograph and a picture, not really sure why but it's the truth...

ZStomp
03-16-2006, 08:04 PM

Check out your resources better.

Look above at Kori's post.

LilMissSPURfect
03-16-2006, 08:05 PM
Nah, happened to me as well, David Robinson once came up to me and asked for my autograph and a picture, not really sure why but it's the truth...

Timmy came up to me while playing ball in the westside....(ummm ....kennedy park) asked me to teach him the art of the BANK shot!!!! :spin :spin :spin :lol :lol :lol :angel :angel :angel

ZStomp
03-16-2006, 08:06 PM
Whoa! That's a new one

Well, LuvBones works at that place and he must have needed assistance from an employee of the business.

That's not a new one.

Old School Chic
03-16-2006, 08:07 PM
Well, LuvBones works at that place and he must have needed assistance from an employee of the business.

That's not a new one.

:rolleyes

T Park
03-16-2006, 08:20 PM
He makes $4.6M this season. Even two years from now he only makes $5.5M. Barry had a bigger offer from other teams but took less money to come to S.A.

That being said, I don't want the Spurs to be paying him $5.5M in 2 years.

I stand corrected and apologize.

That being said, he is still way overpaid.

Check out your resources better.

Look above at Kori's post.

Already did, worry about yourself scooter.

That's not a new one.

What, are you trying to be a dick tonight?

ZStomp
03-16-2006, 08:24 PM
:lol

No, I'm not.

That was the second time that you posted that (it wasn't months ago the first time) so I thought I was wrong.

As for the other one, all in good fun. OSC was being funny and I was too....right

And you're right, BB is overpaid unfortunately. I too was also on his bandwagon- all last year too. I thought I would give him a chance this year before I came to a conclusion and well let me say this.

I was hoping the trade had gone down. But if he keeps playing the way he is...the better for the Spurs. :)

If that don't work- I was just trying to be like you. :lmao

SpursWoman
03-16-2006, 08:28 PM
did you tell him t park was so upset that he changed his avatar to finley?!?!!?

That caught me totally by surprise. :lmao :lmao

SpursWoman
03-16-2006, 08:31 PM
I blurted out "Oh, look at my earrings!" because I wearing spurs earrings. He said "Oh, they're pretty.."

Oh, you did not say that.... :lmao :lmao :lmao

kalikot_boy_kr
03-16-2006, 10:36 PM
:elephant did u tell him suck the piston :lol :lol

LuvBones
03-16-2006, 10:43 PM
I saw another Spurs player tonight.. Sean Elliot! I couldn't go up to him but if I could I definitely would have. So far everyone I've met has been pretty cool so why not talk to them?

angel_luv
03-16-2006, 10:54 PM
Wow this is your lucky day! Very nice :)

Solid D
03-16-2006, 11:05 PM
:lol Midget has funny timing. Brent probably has one of his purest games as a Spur - 6-6 on FGs, 4-4 on 3-Pointers, 3 Assists, 1 Block, 16 points in 23 minutes.

exstatic
03-16-2006, 11:55 PM
From Patricia's various basketball site. Good source. These are 2005-2006 salarys.

San Antonio Spurs Total: $63,034,710
Tim Duncan ................... $15,845,156
Tony Parker .................. $8,400,000
Manu Ginobili ................ $7,428,937
Rasho Nesterovic ............. $6,720,000
Nazr Mohammed ................ $5,500,000
Brent Barry .................. $4,691,390
Bruce Bowen .................. $3,375,000
Robert Horry ................. $3,000,000
Michael Finley ............... $2,675,000
Fabricio Oberto .............. $2,325,000
Nick Van Exel ................ $1,138,500 [minimum, counts $719,373]
Beno Udrih ................... $904,800
Sean Marks ................... $835,810 [minimum, counts $719,373]
Romain Sato .................. $682,051 [released 2/24/05]
Melvin Sanders ............... $24,315 [min, s 11/9, rel 11/19]
Alex Scales .................. $24,315 [min, s 11/17, rel 11/28]

Beaverfuzz
03-17-2006, 01:55 AM

PERIOD.

And most likely San Antonio would have had a much harder time winning that ring last year without Brent Barry. Hell just look at the spark the team has received when he gets in the games ever since the supposed trade was announced?

Go Beavs!

Amuseddaysleeper
03-17-2006, 01:57 AM
michael finley, brent barry, NVE, hedo and virtually 99% of the FA"s except for dare i say NAZR have been a huge dissapointment. of course fin fin and NVE have this years playoffs to prove me wrong and brent did play well in the finals but he isnt worth the money he's getting

ChumpDumper
03-17-2006, 02:07 AM
Barry is playing great right now. Of course if his salary is keeping us from signing other players in the future, he'll have to go, but I'm certainly fine with the trade's not going down -- yet.

cs100
03-17-2006, 03:59 AM
And most likely San Antonio would have had a much harder time winning that ring last year without Brent Barry. Hell just look at the spark the team has received when he gets in the games ever since the supposed trade was announced?

Go Beavs!

We would not have won the championship without Barry's big help not only in the Denver series, but the Detroit series as well. People forget quickly around here. Sure he had a bad playoff showing against his old team, but Horry had a bad showing against Fakers the year before when we lost in the second round. Who knows how Finley will do in the second round against _allas.

The fact is, Barry earned his salary last year with his finals performance, IMO. Barry has won us a few regular season games this year and now appears to be more relaxed and aggressive in his playing style since the near trade. Sure, we may trade him in the summar, but I believe he has earned his salary moreso than Rasho or Nazr.

Every veteran who signs with us has taken about a year to learn Pop's complex offense/defense system. It is harder for a veteran who has old habits ingrained to learn a new system without regressing back to old ways when the competition gets tight. Think of Nazr as well who started slowly because he missed most of training camp (due to family emergency). It is just until recently that Nazr has become better in his position, enough to earn the starting center position.

Sorry to get on a soap box especially with this thread title, but I think that some fans give him a raw deal sometimes. IMO