PDA

View Full Version : Quick...I need info !!

2Blonde
03-16-2006, 04:11 PM
Today is my daughter's birthday and I promised her she could get a piercing on her upper ear. Where is the best place to go locally for that? For her other ear piercings I have always just gone to Claire's. But since this one will be in the cartilage and I wasn't really very pleased with the results last time at Claire's ( it wasn't very symmetrical).

Anyway, she'll be home in about an hour and a half so please answer quickly. :wtf

ObiwanGinobili
03-16-2006, 04:14 PM
Most tattoo parlers are better at those type of piercings.
They have better health standars and more experiance.

SpursWoman
03-16-2006, 04:17 PM
My best friend got her upper ear done at Claire's and it turned out just fine.

I've had up to 8 piercings in each ear that I did myself ... but I could never work up the nerve to do the cartilage. Maybe the next time I go to Walmart I'll take a crack at it ... they did a good job on my daughter's ears. :)

SpursWoman
03-16-2006, 04:18 PM
Most tattoo parlers are better at those type of piercings.
They have better health standars and more experiance.

I don't know if I'd have the nerve to take my 14 year old...excuse me...15 year old daughter to a tatoo parlor just yet.... :lol :wow

MoSpur
03-16-2006, 04:20 PM
Platinum piercing.

JoeChalupa
03-16-2006, 04:20 PM
What about that Yuchnitz dude's shops?

Mixability
03-16-2006, 04:22 PM
What about that Yuchnitz dude's shops?

That dude's a psycho looking kinda guy. What sane person would open up a tattoo parlor for young people next to a glasses place for old people? I know he wants to corner the market, but cmon! :lol

2Blonde
03-16-2006, 04:27 PM
I don't know if I'd have the nerve to take my 14 year old...excuse me...15 year old daughter to a tatoo parlor just yet.... :lol :wow

She's 14. Well I made her agree that she would not ask for anymore piercings or any tatoos until she is 18. I also presented her with the following certificate.

This is good for one upper ear piercing. * Use of this certificate constitutes all piercing that will take place on said body until the age of 18.
*This certificate is not transferable to any other body part.

SpursWoman
03-16-2006, 04:29 PM
She's 14. Well I made her agree that she would not ask for anymore piercings or any tatoos until she is 18. I also presented her with the following certificate.

This is good for one upper ear piercing. * Use of this certificate constitutes all piercing that will take place on said body until the age of 18.
*This certificate is not transferable to any other body part.

:tu :lmao

I could have sworn you said she was 14 already .... my daughter is resigned to be satisified with 2 *normal* piercings in each ear until she's old enough to go have it done (and paid for) herself. :)

2Blonde
03-16-2006, 04:36 PM
She paid for her 2nd & 3rd set of "normal" ear piercings. But I told her I would pay for this one since she just had to pay for half of a very expensive guitar we bought her.

MoSpur
03-16-2006, 04:43 PM
That guy who owns the Platinum piercing places and eyeglasses place is very wealthy. They are very clean as far as I know.

ObiwanGinobili
03-16-2006, 05:14 PM
That dude's a psycho looking kinda guy. What sane person would open up a tattoo parlor for young people next to a glasses place for old people? I know he wants to corner the market, but cmon! :lol

I thought his son's tattoo & piercing place was athte Evers Rd 410 intersection next to the Hot Tub & place behind KFC??

I used to live right behind it and I went to that shop a couple of times.

Unless they've moved in the past 2 years.

Melmart1
03-16-2006, 05:29 PM
There is a place on Fredericksburg at 410, right next to Frost Bank. My friend had her tongue, lip, eyebrow, etc done there. Cheap, clean, sterile, never a hint of an infection. Can't remember the name though.

And yes, go to a tattoo parlor or somewhere they use needles. If you go to Claire's, they use a gun. A gun will simply squish the cartilage out of the way, meaning when it heals she will have a knot and the stud can (and will, in my case) go through the cartilage. I woke up one day with blood on my pillow because the starter stud went through my ear, and my skin had started to close the stud into my ear tissue! It looked like my ear was growing an earring out of it! EWWWW.

I learned later its because of the gun. Using a sterile surgical needle is the only way to go with cartilage.

easjer
03-16-2006, 05:39 PM
Both my cartiledge piercings were done at Claire's. The first one was great. There isn't even a knot, and I've never had any problems with it. So a year later I went back for the other ear.

The gun jammed, and the woman kept pushing the trigger to try and get it to release, which hurt like bloody fucking hell every fucking time she did it. Finally, she had to go get a tool and she lef the gun hanging off my ear while she did it. The only reason I didn't scream in pain was that I had slammed the car door on my thumb earlier that day in such a way that it was shut into the car and the driver had to fumble with the keys, unlock the car, and open the door to release my thumb. I cracked the bone, so I was already in a lot of pain.

That ear got infected, and I ended up having to pull the earring out of the swollen tissue, wash it all down with alcohol, ice it and put the earring back in myself with a broken thumb. It's amazing the piercing held, but after I washed it down, it healed nicely.

But because of that, and my other body piercing experiences, I highly, highly recommend a piercing and tatto parlor. They should be licensed and visibly clean. They should walk you through the area, show the autoclave for sterilizing equipment, wear gloves at all times and talk you/show you the procedure, including where the implements go after use, how they cleanse the stuff, etc. Also, they should be willing to let you watch one or more procedures to ensure safety.

I can't recommend any place in SA, but I've got a great place in Houston. I wish I could repierce my eyebrow, but SFIE hated my eyebrow ring. At least I can still go get tattooed!

2Blonde
03-16-2006, 05:43 PM
There is a place on Fredericksburg at 410, right next to Frost Bank. My friend had her tongue, lip, eyebrow, etc done there. Cheap, clean, sterile, never a hint of an infection. Can't remember the name though.

And yes, go to a tattoo parlor or somewhere they use needles. If you go to Claire's, they use a gun. A gun will simply squish the cartilage out of the way, meaning when it heals she will have a knot and the stud can (and will, in my case) go through the cartilage. I woke up one day with blood on my pillow because the starter stud went through my ear, and my skin had started to close the stud into my ear tissue! It looked like my ear was growing an earring out of it! EWWWW.

I learned later its because of the gun. Using a sterile surgical needle is the only way to go with cartilage.
Thank you, I didn't know all of that.

easjer
Just remember that she'll always have a visible hole if you use a piercing parlor, because they'll actually remove the cartilege, not just punch through it. With a piercing gun, you just punch through the tissue (which is why it frequently results in knots of cartiledge). And she will have to have either a rounded barbell or full hoop in that ear - the hole is generally to large for a normal stud, if done via surgical needle. That's probably not a problem, but worth consideration.

SpursWoman
That's great and all, but with my luck I'd take my 10 year old daughter to get her ear pierced at a tatoo parlor....and we'd end up right next to the guy getting the ampallang.

:fro

PM5K
I'll do it, what time do you want me to come over?

Buy one get one free, we'll do you as well since she can only get the one, where do you want yours?

2Blonde
03-16-2006, 05:45 PM
Both my cartiledge piercings were done at Claire's. The first one was great. There isn't even a knot, and I've never had any problems with it. So a year later I went back for the other ear.

The gun jammed, and the woman kept pushing the trigger to try and get it to release, which hurt like bloody fucking hell every fucking time she did it. Finally, she had to go get a tool and she lef the gun hanging off my ear while she did it. The only reason I didn't scream in pain was that I had slammed the car door on my thumb earlier that day in such a way that it was shut into the car and the driver had to fumble with the keys, unlock the car, and open the door to release my thumb. I cracked the bone, so I was already in a lot of pain.

That ear got infected, and I ended up having to pull the earring out of the swollen tissue, wash it all down with alcohol, ice it and put the earring back in myself with a broken thumb. It's amazing the piercing held, but after I washed it down, it healed nicely.

But because of that, and my other body piercing experiences, I highly, highly recommend a piercing and tatto parlor. They should be licensed and visibly clean. They should walk you through the area, show the autoclave for sterilizing equipment, wear gloves at all times and talk you/show you the procedure, including where the implements go after use, how they cleanse the stuff, etc. Also, they should be willing to let you watch one or more procedures to ensure safety.

I can't recommend any place in SA, but I've got a great place in Houston. I wish I could repierce my eyebrow, but SFIE hated my eyebrow ring. At least I can still go get tattooed!
DAMN !!! :wow

easjer
03-16-2006, 05:47 PM
:lol @SW.

At my place here, they don't do, erm, 'private' piercings in full view, because that would be exhibitionism, and they could be fined. They have closed rooms, etc.

I'm so craving another tattoo right now because of all of this. Hmmmmmm. I do have another designed.

2Blonde
03-16-2006, 05:48 PM
I'll do it, what time do you want me to come over?

Buy one get one free, we'll do you as well since she can only get the one, where do you want yours?

:lol

PM5K
03-16-2006, 05:48 PM
:lol

What's that supposed to mean?

easjer
03-16-2006, 05:50 PM
2Blonde - that was a very painful day . . . :lol

Good luck to your daughter! You are a cool mom. My dad flipped out when I got the cartiledge piercing done - and I was in college at the time. Can't complain too much though, they were very cool about the eyebrow ring (I sort of asked their permission - I would have done it anyway, but I didn't want a big fight and my college $ being revoked).

SpursWoman
03-16-2006, 05:50 PM
:lol @SW.

At my place here, they don't do, erm, 'private' piercings in full view, because that would be exhibitionism, and they could be fined. They have closed rooms, etc.

I'm sure they do ... but that day they'd be like, spraying for roaches or something. :lol :lol

Actually, now that I think about it ... I think my friend got hers done at Phoenix Graphics, which is a tatoo place off Nacogdoches somewhere that a very old friend owns(ed?). I have no idea if it's still there...and Claire's was where she took my daughter to get her second set of earrings done.

2Blonde
03-16-2006, 05:53 PM
PM5K,
I was laughing at the idea of me with body piercings.

PM5K
03-16-2006, 05:53 PM
PM5K,

I thought you already had some?

I thought you were laughing at the idea of me doing them....

spurs=bling
03-16-2006, 05:54 PM
i have a total of 6 ear piercings. i had seven but the hole in my upper ear closed.

SpursWoman
03-16-2006, 05:54 PM
PM5K,

Why not? We can go get some together! :eyebrows :lol

I'd do it ... but nothing on my face. I'm an accountant, for Pete's sake! :wow :lol

PM5K
03-16-2006, 05:56 PM
I have both of my ears pierced, but I haven't worn earrings for at least ten years..

SpursWoman
03-16-2006, 05:56 PM
i have a total of 6 ear piercings. i had seven but the hole in my upper ear closed.

At one time I had 7 in one ear, and 5 in the other....I think I was like 13 or 14. I ended up taking all but 4 out because it hurt too bad to talk on the phone. And since they didn't have internet way back then...I talked on the phone a lot. :lol

2Blonde
03-16-2006, 05:57 PM
I thought you already had some?

I thought you were laughing at the idea of me doing them....

Well, I do have my ears pierced but I meant the idea of private body part piercing. It just struck me as funny. No I wasn't laughing at you. Although my husband might not be too fond of that idea. :spin

PM5K
03-16-2006, 05:58 PM
Well, I do have my ears pierced but I meant the idea of private body part piercing. It just struck me as funny. No I wasn't laughing at you. Although my husband might not be too fond of that idea. :spin

Hey I never said anything about piercing any of your private body parts, please get your mind out of the gutter!!!!!

spurs=bling
At one time I had 7 in one ear, and 5 in the other....I think I was like 13 or 14. I ended up taking all but 4 out because it hurt too bad to talk on the phone. And since they didn't have internet way back then...I talked on the phone a lot. :lol

cool.

back to topic

2Blonde
Why not? We can go get some together! :eyebrows :lol

I'd do it ... but nothing on my face. I'm an accountant, for Pete's sake! :wow :lol

Now that might be an idea !!! A spurstalk girls night out !! :lol

SpursWoman
03-16-2006, 06:00 PM
cool.

back to topic

This thread is about piercing. Duh. :)

easjer
03-16-2006, 06:03 PM
I have six piercings, all in my ears. My eyebrow closed up but you can still see the holes. . . I wouldn't mind one more in my ear to make my lucky number, but the symmetry would bug the shit out of me.

Spurstalk girls night - now THAT would be fun. :lol

spurs=bling
03-16-2006, 06:57 PM
I have six piercings, all in my ears. My eyebrow closed up but you can still see the holes. . . I wouldn't mind one more in my ear to make my lucky number, but the symmetry would bug the shit out of me.

Spurstalk girls night - now THAT would be fun. :lol

my cousin eddie had one in his eyebrow but he took it off when he joined the Army. it looked nice.

SpursWoman
03-16-2006, 07:00 PM
My ex-nephew who is 21 must have 20 piercings in his face ... multiple eyebrows, lips, tongue...wherever. It kills me because he's gorgeous, but with all of that shit on his face he looks like a freak. :wow

KEDA
03-16-2006, 07:38 PM
I heard Johnny Blaze got a good deal when he got the Jacobs Ladder done.

but the demanded that Mr Yuchnitz do it himeself!

lilmads
03-16-2006, 08:47 PM
My ex-nephew who is 21 must have 20 piercings in his face ... multiple eyebrows, lips, tongue...wherever. It kills me because he's gorgeous, but with all of that shit on his face he looks like a freak. :wow

I hate when people overdo it...

ObiwanGinobili
03-16-2006, 10:01 PM
my ears are not pierced.
they were, like 3 times over, but the last time they closed up I was 15 and now you can barely see the holes.
I havn't done it again even tho I've always meant too. And thinking about it now .. I might not ever get them done becasue if it was that important to me I would've done it some time in the last 10 years. :lol

but I've always wanted a nipple piercing... don;t know why. hubby wants a ring of daisys around one of 'em. (mine, not his) but that freaks me out. strange i know - i'd consider a piercing there but not a tat needle. :lol

PM5K
03-16-2006, 11:38 PM
I've always wanted a nipple piercing...

:jack