PDA

View Full Version : Hey LA Spurs fans.

T Park
03-16-2006, 09:09 PM
Im gonna be in the area on the 30th, and watch the Spurs play the Lakers.

Its gonna be great, I get to visit, the Staples, and be in LA.

So just curious, what are some good places to hang out at around the Staples, and what inside the staples are some good places to hang out at??

Im sittin in section 110 row 6.

Behind the Spurs bench!!! :)

So, whats some good things to hang out at AROUND the ole Yeah we got that arena?

missmyzte
03-16-2006, 09:11 PM
You're not actually behind the Spurs bench, I'm sorry to break the news to you. The Spurs bench is at Section 102, you'll be sitting across from the Spurs. Still great seats though!

I'll be in Section 105, right by the Spurs tunnel.

What hotel are you staying at? Flying in/out of LAX, I presume? How long are you in town for? The Spurs also play here on the 28th, you should come early and go to both games.

SoCalSpursFan
03-16-2006, 09:14 PM
Staples has 5 Bars I believe...prob spent more on that than they did on the supersmall seats.

Just bring your cell phone and wear a suit coat over jeans and you will be fine.

missmyzte
03-16-2006, 09:40 PM
BTW, the doors open at 6pm (or so). The best entrance to go in has to be in Fox Sports Grill, it's the Sports bar that is attached to Staples Center and is near the Magic Johnson statue on the corner of Chick Hearn Ct. and Figueroa St. Go to the very back of the bar, have a drink, then go into the game through that entrance.

The best place to park, in my opinion, is on Pico Blvd between Flower St. and Figueroa. It's a very small lot, costs $20, but is the easiest to get out of and get back on the freeway while still being a very close walk. To get back on the freeway, take Pico going west, turn right on Cherry St and the freeway entrance will be right there.

The usher (people in the purple shirts) that works the area you will be sitting in is Darrell, he looks kinda like Bruce Bowen. Be nice to him, he's my favorite. The red coats are security, they don't talk much.

Horry For 3!
03-16-2006, 10:04 PM
You're not actually behind the Spurs bench, I'm sorry to break the news to you. The Spurs bench is at Section 102, you'll be sitting across from the Spurs. Still great seats though!

I'll be in Section 105, right by the Spurs tunnel.

What hotel are you staying at? Flying in/out of LAX, I presume? How long are you in town for? The Spurs also play here on the 28th, you should come early and go to both games.
Ouch.

T Park
03-16-2006, 10:05 PM
I just checked my tickets, I am in 102, I was looking at 110 seats when I typed that, I apologize lol.

EVENT: Lakers vs. Spurs
March 30, 2006
7:30 PM

SEATS: Section 102, Row 6, Seats 13

That sounds great.

No, Im gonna be working at a fair in Yuma AZ, and Ill be driving in.

are the parking spaces pretty big? I drive a dually pickup.

Ill be driving in that night, and prob just go to the nicest, closest hotel, closest to the Staples.

missmyzte
03-16-2006, 10:31 PM
^^^ In that case, GREAT seats! :) We'll be fairly close, be sure to say hi. I'll be in Row C.
For the parking area, it's a dirt lot, you'll have no trouble fitting your truck in there.

ChumpDumper
03-16-2006, 11:36 PM
Yuma?

Are you bringing ducks with you? I have to know if he talks like he posts.

slayermin
03-17-2006, 01:23 AM
Cool, man.

I hope you have fun here. I usually grab a drink at the bar in the Figueroa Hotel before games. It's right across the street from Staples. It's a cool spot you might want to hit. The bar is in the back of the hotel.

Amuseddaysleeper
03-17-2006, 02:10 AM
nice seats T Park, how much did those tix cost you if u dont mind my asking

T Park
03-17-2006, 02:12 AM
I hope you have fun here. I usually grab a drink at the bar in the Figueroa Hotel before games. It's right across the street from Staples. It's a cool spot you might want to hit. The bar is in the back of the hotel.

Wink wink

say no more!! :)

BTW, what time do you show up there.

Can you exchange "packages" there too? :)

Sportcamper
03-17-2006, 04:04 PM
Hey T-park... Why not ask Kori...She knows LA as well as anyone?

In any case...Don’t just roll into downtown & look for a hotel...They can be pricey...Unless your company is paying for it of course....There are nice places in the San Gabriel Valley (very close to Staples) much cheaper....

And save your Typing Tourettes Syndrome Act, for after you reach the safety of the interior of Staples...The Real Lakers Fans take the subway & various trains downtown hoping to score free tickets...Some of them don’t have a sense of humor....

slayermin
03-17-2006, 07:11 PM
Wink wink

say no more!! :)

BTW, what time do you show up there.

Can you exchange "packages" there too? :)

Yeah, it's usually never packed and the bartenders are cool. The drinks are $2 to $3 cheaper than what they are in Staples so that is why I like it.

lilmads
03-17-2006, 07:11 PM
When I went to LA, we stayed at the Holiday Inn right by the Staples Center.. I think it was pricey, so make sure you know what kind of hotel you are looking for.

missmyzte
03-17-2006, 09:16 PM
And save your Typing Tourettes Syndrome Act, for after you reach the safety of the interior of Staples...The Real Lakers Fans take the subway & various trains downtown hoping to score free tickets...Some of them don’t have a sense of humor....
Subway and trains??? Everyone in LA drives, period.