PDA

View Full Version : Sheed and Rip Ejected vs. NYK

FreshPrince22
03-17-2006, 08:59 PM
I think this is the first time as a Piston (maybe one other). Pretty cheap Techs too. Back-to-back from the bench after getting 2 ticky tack fouls. He didn't do that much either. Tech-worthy? Yes. Ejection worthy? No.

I think this means a suspension as well because he's definately close to 16/17.

And... the Pistons have choked away a 16 point lead.

FreshPrince22
03-17-2006, 09:13 PM
Rip Hamilton has been ejected for throwing the ball at the shot clock. LMAO

Salvatore hates the Pistons

T.F. Storm
03-17-2006, 09:15 PM
Wtf.

Darrin
03-17-2006, 09:17 PM
I think this is the first time as a Piston (maybe one other). Pretty cheap Techs too. Back-to-back from the bench after getting 2 ticky tack fouls. He didn't do that much either. Tech-worthy? Yes. Ejection worthy? No.

I think this means a suspension as well because he's definately close to 16/17.

And... the Pistons have choked away a 16 point lead.

I am so tired of these fucking referees acting like the competition committee for each game. It's bullshit.

He was on the bench, the camera was on him, and he yelled "Fuck you, man!" to the referee and that gave him the second technical.

Yes, it's Rasheed's first ejection in Detroit. As for Rip Hamilton, it's like his third.

I don't complain about the referees on a regular basis but this crew has made some bullshit calls.
- Tayshaun putting his hands on Franchise, not pushing him, and that resulted in a flagrant one.
- Chauncey falling to the floor and calling an offensive foul on the Knicks.
- The techs on Rasheed

This game has been bullshit. I'm shutting it off. This is entertainment, not meant to raise my blood pressure.

T.F. Storm
03-17-2006, 09:25 PM
Now the refs are going nuts on the Knicks LOL

RobinsontoDuncan
03-17-2006, 09:25 PM
no the worst by far is Bavetta, i hate that dude

RobinsontoDuncan
03-17-2006, 09:26 PM
wait, you said he threw the ball at the shot clock? seems like they might have a somewhat ligit reason to toss him

Ali_Taimur
03-17-2006, 09:27 PM
Zebras have gone wild!!

FreshPrince22
03-17-2006, 09:28 PM
wait, you said he threw the ball at the shot clock? seems like they might have a somewhat ligit reason to toss him

He got called for an offensive foul. Then he threw the ball underhand toward the basket. It hit the shotclock and bounced out of bounds, so they automatically ejected him.

T.F. Storm
03-17-2006, 09:28 PM
Actually, I think he was just tossing it at the hoop from half court and it hit the shotclock and went in the crowd. I think he was throwing it in frustration, though.

T.F. Storm
03-17-2006, 09:30 PM
lol, I told everyone watching in the house it was going to be a weird game when I seen Salvatore was reffing, NO Idea it was gonna be this crazy.

RobinsontoDuncan
03-17-2006, 09:31 PM
oh, so they had to eject him, ok. Can you imagine a salvatore bavetta tandem in the playoffs?

anyteam would be pissed.

Pistons < Spurs
03-17-2006, 09:33 PM
Actually, I think he was just tossing it at the hoop from half court and it hit the shotclock and went in the crowd. I think he was throwing it in frustration, though.

Yeah, it went into the stands, and that is an automatic ejection.

Rip fucked up. He knows better. He wasn't attempting to get it into the crowd, but he didn't need to throw it either.

T.F. Storm
03-17-2006, 09:37 PM
Yeah, it went into the stands, and that is an automatic ejection.

Rip fucked up. He knows better. He wasn't attempting to get it into the crowd, but he didn't need to throw it either.
Yeah, the Pistons get a little too heated when calls don't go their way. This game has been a meltdown but I'm surprised its so close still. *Knocks on wood*

FreshPrince22
03-17-2006, 09:39 PM
Wow... the Pistons with Hunter-Delk-Evans-Dice-Davis out there in crunch time.

Dre_7
03-17-2006, 09:40 PM
If the ball goes in the stands, its an automatic ejection. Same as what happened to KG. Dont blame the refs please. Thats childish.

T.F. Storm
03-17-2006, 09:41 PM
Wow... the Pistons with Hunter-Delk-Evans-Dice-Davis out there in crunch time.
Flip makes no sense sometimes.

Marklar MM
03-17-2006, 09:42 PM
That 3rd quarter was rather entertaining.

FreshPrince22
03-17-2006, 09:45 PM
If the ball goes in the stands, its an automatic ejection. Same as what happened to KG. Dont blame the refs please. Thats childish.

But how many times do you see a guy throw the ball toward the hoop after a dead ball? It's not like he threw it straight into the stands. He threw it toward the hoop, and it hit the shot clock.

ohh well, I'm not really blaming the refs. I just think it's funny.

Marklar MM
03-17-2006, 09:50 PM
7 technicals now. :)

T.F. Storm
03-17-2006, 09:50 PM
Now a random double technical on Tay and some guy on the Celtics/Knicks. :lol:

Pistons < Spurs
03-17-2006, 09:56 PM
But how many times do you see a guy throw the ball toward the hoop after a dead ball? It's not like he threw it straight into the stands. He threw it toward the hoop, and it hit the shot clock.

ohh well, I'm not really blaming the refs. I just think it's funny.

It has nothing to do with hitting the clock. If it didn't go into the stands, he wouldn't have ejected. It wasn't intentional, but it was dumb.

T.F. Storm
03-17-2006, 10:12 PM
Wtf

Marklar MM
03-17-2006, 10:14 PM
HAHA. I was going to come on here and bet that Dice misses his first free throw. He is almost as bad as Ben.

Aggie Hoopsfan
03-17-2006, 10:14 PM

Quit being such a pussy. The league said if you throw the ball in the stands, you're ejected.

Rip threw the ball in the stands, and he got ejected. Fuck, this isn't rocket science. Don't get your panties in a wad Tay Tay.

T.F. Storm
03-17-2006, 10:15 PM
Thank God this thing is over. I need a drink.

SlasherX
03-17-2006, 10:16 PM
he threw the ball at the rip hit the shotclock then went in stands. Rocket Science.

SlasherX
03-17-2006, 10:16 PM
he threw the ball at the rim but it hit the shotclock then went in stands. Rocket Science. it was from the other side of the court.

Obstructed_View
03-17-2006, 11:00 PM
Ah. I couldn't figure that one when I saw the score. I thought maybe everybody got food poisoning or something. :)

Cant_Be_Faded
03-17-2006, 11:09 PM
Pistons think its their god given right to not be called for fouls and not get ejected all of a sudden

Obstructed_View
03-17-2006, 11:21 PM
Pistons think its their god given right to not be called for fouls and not get ejected all of a sudden
Who do they think they are? Denver? :lol

mavsfan1000
03-17-2006, 11:29 PM
Detroit is really in a slump. I think Ben has lost some of his quickness. I don't see too many monster games from him anymore.

Axare
03-17-2006, 11:30 PM
Hmm that ref in the Finals SanAntonio Spurs and Detroit Pistons....wonder what would happen...

danyel
03-18-2006, 12:40 AM
WTF is wrong with Flip? Rip ejected and Delfino got another DNP-CD?

FreshPrince22
03-18-2006, 12:56 AM
WTF is wrong with Flip? Rip ejected and Delfino got another DNP-CD?

Seriously... Fucking Mo Evans. His hideous D cost the Pistons the game while the best 2 perimeter defenders on the team (Delfino and Lindsey) were watching from the sidelines. Total BS. I wanted to puke watching scrubs like Qyntel Woods and Jamal Crawford torch him. Then again, Flip hates defense.

Delfino must be nailing Flip's daughter or something.

T.F. Storm
03-18-2006, 01:09 AM
Delfino must be nailing Flip's daughter or something.
:lol

Really ticks me off how Delfino hasnt gotten any PT the past few games except for a few miliseconds at the end of a blowout. He's probably going to wanna be traded if this keeps up and he could be part of our future. Flip is in love with Mo.

funkeepickle
03-18-2006, 02:28 AM
lol! That is one funny pic!

Winnipeg_Spur
03-18-2006, 02:40 AM

Yup. Shouting expletives at refs will get you a tech, and if you've already got one, it'll get you ejected. I'm not sure I understand this sentiment that Rasheed was somehow unfairly treated.

jochhejaam
03-18-2006, 07:14 AM
There are some horrible refs out there that seem to have it in for some teams, I think the worst for the Pistons is Crawford. Missed the game last night but it sounds like they deserved to be tossed. It's rather selfish of a starting player to put his team in the position of having to play part of the game without them, that needs to stop. Hamilton will be minus some $ for the ball in the stands, I think it cost Garnett $30,000?

Games over, get back to work tonight Pistons.

JamStone
03-18-2006, 10:13 AM
Pistons got what they deserve.

I don't think many Pistons fans were arguing about the Rip ejection. I think they were questioning how quick Rasheed got tossed. But, Sheed has the reputation, so he should know better.

Rip tossed the ball 70 feet out of frustration. Even if it didn't go out of bounds, he deserved a tech. But, the rules on that are black and white. If the ball goes INTO THE STANDS, automatic ejection.

As for Tayshaun's flagrant, that was deserved as well. If you ever played basketball, getting hit while jumping in the air is extrememly dangerous. What Tayshaun did to Francis, even though it wasn't a hard foul, was akin to undercutting him. You can land all sorts of weird ways and get injured.

Losing Rip and Rasheed was certainly not good for the Pistons. But, they still had chances to win. And, in my opinion, they still should have won the game.

1Parker1
03-18-2006, 12:09 PM
^^:tu Wow, first intelligent post from a Pistons fan in this thread.

mavsfan1000
03-18-2006, 03:02 PM
Pistons got what they deserve.

I don't think many Pistons fans were arguing about the Rip ejection. I think they were questioning how quick Rasheed got tossed. But, Sheed has the reputation, so he should know better.

Rip tossed the ball 70 feet out of frustration. Even if it didn't go out of bounds, he deserved a tech. But, the rules on that are black and white. If the ball goes INTO THE STANDS, automatic ejection.

As for Tayshaun's flagrant, that was deserved as well. If you ever played basketball, getting hit while jumping in the air is extrememly dangerous. What Tayshaun did to Francis, even though it wasn't a hard foul, was akin to undercutting him. You can land all sorts of weird ways and get injured.

Losing Rip and Rasheed was certainly not good for the Pistons. But, they still had chances to win. And, in my opinion, they still should have won the game.
:tu Great post.

SpellingCheck
03-19-2006, 03:05 PM
hm hm hm

sprrs
03-19-2006, 09:58 PM
I didn't see what happened but thowing the ball under handed from half-court isn't exactly a smart move, regardless of whether he was aiming for rim or not.

CubanMustGo
03-19-2006, 09:59 PM
Rip got a $5K fine assessed today for the toss.

ALVAREZ6
03-20-2006, 06:59 PM
Those Pistons....