View Full Version : Our new go to guy - Nazr Mohammed

E20
03-17-2006, 10:45 PM
http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/us/sp/v/nba/players/2005/3272.jpg
N. Mohammed 32 12-20 0-0 4-4 8 16 3 4 0 0 4 28
I check the box score and....................BAM

Guru of Nothing
03-17-2006, 10:48 PM
It's as if, the Spurs are playing Phoenix!

E20
03-17-2006, 10:49 PM
It's as if, the Spurs are playing Phoenix!
I thought they were playing the Pistons????

Because I see Timmy, Manu and Tony all with less than 20.......

mavsfan1000
03-17-2006, 10:49 PM
Phoenix equals softest front court ever. Mohammad and Duncan own them.

E20
03-17-2006, 10:50 PM
And it's not like I'm proclaiming Nazr is our savior. I'm just giving him a good job thread on having a above average game.

exstatic
03-17-2006, 10:51 PM
Excellent game. Phoenix is a good matchup for him, as it allows him to use his athletic ability. They have no real inside presence, either.

What will happen over the next 5-6 games, though? He has this habbit of disappearing...for games and games.

Question.

E20
03-17-2006, 10:53 PM
Excellent game. Phoenix is a good matchup for him, as it allows him to use his athletic ability. They have no real inside presence, either.

What will happen over the next 5-6 games, though. He has this habbit of disappearing...for games and games.
He averages of ~10 and ~7.
All our bigs disappear for 5-6 games and play good for a couple of games with the exception of Tim Duncan who is having an abhorrent year due to Plantar Faciitis.

Slo spurs fan
03-17-2006, 10:58 PM
Suns or not, he had a HUGE game. Congrats Nazr!!!

sa_butta
03-17-2006, 10:59 PM
Great game keep it up Nazr!!!!

Amuseddaysleeper
03-17-2006, 11:00 PM
NAZR MOHAMMED

:elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
03-17-2006, 11:00 PM
man, his price tag just sky rocketed

Spurologist
03-17-2006, 11:01 PM
yep Nazr is our go to guy against Pheonix

Solid D
03-17-2006, 11:02 PM
Swingmen Shawn Marion, Boris Diaw and Tim Thomas were no match for him. :lol

Spurs had 57 - 29 rebound edge and 26 offensive rebounds. :wow :wow :wow

Slight size advantage.

mavsfan1000
03-17-2006, 11:03 PM
You got to match up with Nazr. You can't throw a SF on him and expect him not to go off.

timvp
03-17-2006, 11:03 PM
man, his price tag just sky rocketed

:lol

I told Kori Ellis that Mohammed just made $7M tonight.

Solid D
03-17-2006, 11:05 PM
2nd chance points 30 - 10 :wow Nazr just upped the ante, that's true timvp.

Trifecta
Barring any injury to Mohammed, Rasho can kiss his starting spot goodbye!

themvp
Great game keep it up Nazr!!!!

That`s right! :elephant

Solid D
03-17-2006, 11:06 PM
True. Pop doesn't play Rasho vs. PHX any more either.

Guru of Nothing
03-17-2006, 11:07 PM
:lol

I told Kori Ellis that Mohammed just made $7M tonight.

Name dropper!

itzsoweezee
03-17-2006, 11:23 PM
Could you ever see Rasho doing something like that? Never.

That is why I have always said Nazr>Rasho.

exactly. look at these fools trying to discredit what nazr did. rasho could play 5 on 1 and not score 30.

SAGambler
03-17-2006, 11:25 PM
Nazr put on a show tonight. Good job.

ZStomp
03-18-2006, 12:30 AM
Damn, give credit where credit is due.

Damn.

I don't see Rasho doing something like that...ever.

cs100
03-18-2006, 12:35 AM
Nazr had a monster game tonight. Kudos to him and the team for the win. Tim had a near triple double as well tonight.

SequSpur
03-18-2006, 01:06 AM
Fact.

T Park
03-18-2006, 01:06 AM
^ moron

Fact.

SequSpur
03-18-2006, 01:09 AM
^ Retard.

SequSpur
03-18-2006, 01:13 AM
Damn.. that green beer does some wicked shit.

T Park
03-18-2006, 01:19 AM
Retard.

coming from the guy who thinks John Lucas is a better coach than Pop.

Right....

mavsfan1000
03-18-2006, 01:28 AM
Looks like San Antonio is taking advantage of player in his contract year. Mohammad is looking to get big money this summer.

SpursStillTippin
03-18-2006, 01:36 AM
Yea it was on a weak ass front court but damn Nazr putting up 30 and 16 on anyone in the NBA is nice. Plus he has been doing it since the all star break, he is really peaking and he couldnt be doing it at a better time for the Spurs. Go Nazr

MaNuMaNiAc
03-18-2006, 01:39 AM
I don't understand how people can dismiss Nazr's 30 pt 16 rb night with the excuse that it was just the Suns. People, unless you didn't notice, Duncan didn't have as many points nor as many rebounds. Besides the Suns defence has improved, its not like its non existant like last year.

Please_dont_ban_me
03-18-2006, 02:27 AM
I love it.

I absolutely fucking love it. He's a beast when playing with confidence. The guy can muscle up with anybody, and surprisingly that ugly shit of a shot goes in. His free throws get me horny.

Leetonidas
03-18-2006, 02:34 AM
I count four merged threads. :lol

mikejones99
03-18-2006, 02:37 AM
His Dallas performance was even better with those 2 Power dunks. Some one will pay Nazr 9 mil at least.

Please_dont_ban_me
03-18-2006, 02:38 AM
His Dallas performance was even better with those 2 Power dunks. Some one will pay Nazr 9 mil at least.

Hopefully that someone is us.

Maybe he'll take a little less to stick around.

leemajors
03-18-2006, 03:12 AM
I don't understand how people can dismiss Nazr's 30 pt 16 rb night with the excuse that it was just the Suns. People, unless you didn't notice, Duncan didn't have as many points nor as many rebounds. Besides the Suns defence has improved, its not like its non existant like last year.

it was just the suns, duncan was almost immediately doubled every time he got the ball near the post. they had no one with height to challenge him for any kind of boards either - phoenix doesn't really have a true center or power forward. he took great advantage of phoenix's strat. i was there tonight, he had a great game. i still cringe when they get him the ball in the post and he doesn't pass it back out though... tonight he made those shots, and we needed it. last game they sagged off tp and he made them pay. this game they shifted their strat and nazr stepped up with a huge night.

Kori Ellis
03-18-2006, 03:13 AM

Do you mean a contract that starts at 9M -- that would be astronomical -- or averages 9M (like 5 years/45M)?

The Spurs reportedly offered him somewhere around 4years/26?M this past summer. I'm not sure how much higher than that they'd go.

Please_dont_ban_me
03-18-2006, 03:14 AM
I watched the game at work, so didn't get a chance to really focus but...

It seemed like they were trying to guard Nazr with Marion. That's a huge mismatch.

leemajors
03-18-2006, 03:19 AM
i liked what the spurs did with nash too, it worked well late. switching on him and daring him to score. taking nazr or tim off the dribble was too tempting and they covered the 3 point shooters well. let nash get his, don't let him get the ball to everyone else.

MaNuMaNiAc
03-18-2006, 04:20 AM
Do you mean a contract that starts at 9M -- that would be astronomical -- or averages 9M (like 5 years/45M)?

The Spurs reportedly offered him somewhere around 4years/26?M this past summer. I'm not sure how much higher than that they'd go.
Maybe they could get rid of Rasho and pay Nazr what is needed to keep him. Without going overboard ofcourse.

Slomo
03-18-2006, 04:32 AM
Unfortunately I only saw the score box. But it's very impressive.

Of course there will always be factors that help in a performance like that, but it does not take anything away from his achievement - major props.

Kori Ellis
03-18-2006, 04:41 AM
Maybe they could get rid of Rasho and pay Nazr what is needed to keep him. Without going overboard ofcourse.

Even if they got rid of Rasho, I doubt they'd think Nazr is worth a contract starting at 9M. That's more than Manu or Tony.

mikejones99
03-18-2006, 04:56 AM
Someone will offer him at least 5 yrs at 45 mil. Free agent bidding is advantage player and not alot of Power players better than Nazr besides older guys.

mavsfan1000
03-18-2006, 05:25 AM
Man the spurs are loaded. All they needed was help at center and now they got it. There isn't a weak spot on the team now.

Dre_7
03-18-2006, 05:37 AM
You got to match up with Nazr. You can't throw a SF on him and expect him not to go off.

Your right. you cant just put a SF on him. Hes not Dirk. :lol

mavsfan1000
03-18-2006, 05:40 AM
And you can't put a center on Dirk either. :lol

alamo50
03-18-2006, 07:39 AM
That sure brought back sweet memories:

http://www.southalabama.edu/mathstat/info/why_math/rob1.jpg

Mark in Austin
03-18-2006, 07:58 AM
Don't you people see?

This is all part of the Spurs front office master plan to manipulate minutes and drive down Nazr's value. He's getting the Malik Rose treatment, I tell ya.

[/sillyconspiracytheory]

picnroll
03-18-2006, 08:36 AM
And you can't put a center on Dirk either. :lol
No you put a SF on candyass. :lol

5ToolMan
03-18-2006, 08:57 AM
Barring any injury to Mohammed, Rasho can kiss his starting spot goodbye!

When will Spurs fans learn the entire TEAM can contribute to TEAM success. And when one player does good, it does not lower the potential value of another. Each player is on the team to deliver in specific assigned rolls.

Nazr was awesome against the smaller Suns. Today, a rested Rasho will get his chance to contribute some down and dirty physical post defense against a streaking Yao.

Solid D
03-18-2006, 08:57 AM
it was just the suns, duncan was almost immediately doubled every time he got the ball near the post. they had no one with height to challenge him for any kind of boards either - phoenix doesn't really have a true center or power forward. he took great advantage of phoenix's strat. i was there tonight, he had a great game. i still cringe when they get him the ball in the post and he doesn't pass it back out though... tonight he made those shots, and we needed it. last game they sagged off tp and he made them pay. this game they shifted their strat and nazr stepped up with a huge night.

leemajors' post says it well. Not only was Timmy doubled, Nazr was basically unchecked once the ball started moving.

Even when Nazr didn't score, he hurt the Suns with the hi/lo (Nazr high, Timmy low). Nazr easily threw it over the fronting of Timmy.

Nazr still has trouble with the concept of bringing the ball down then trying to go back up. Once he gets the ball under the basket, he should keep his arms and the ball up and then go up with it for the shot or dunk. This is something that makes Tim Duncan so tough to defend, so Nazr should learn this from Tim. Tim and Kevin McHale are 2 of the best, that come to mind, at using this technique.

Nazr played well against swingmen so let's not get too carried away.

SpursWoman
03-18-2006, 09:12 AM
Name dropper!

:lol :lol

Man, Nazr was a stud last night ... regardless of who they were playing. :hat

SpursWoman
03-18-2006, 09:13 AM
Could you ever see Rasho doing something like that? Never.

That's what User kept saying over & over during the game last night. I couldn't disagree with him.

:fro

boutons_
03-18-2006, 09:50 AM
"trouble with the concept of bringing the ball down"

Come on! It's a very diffucult, perplexing concept!

Not everybody has the Einsteinian brain to figure it out!

He only needs the right guru or mentor to lead him through subtilties.

He's only 29, he's has plenty of time to figure it out.

T Park
03-18-2006, 11:07 AM
eople, unless you didn't notice, Duncan didn't have as many points nor as many rebounds.

He had 11 or 12 boards.

But Nazr took 21 shots.

Duncan 17.

Duncan was 9-17.

Over 50%.

If Duncan had taken 21 shots and made his GD freethrows like Nazr, he would've been right there.

T Park
03-18-2006, 11:13 AM
That's what User kept saying over & over during the game last night

WTF

did Rasho run over User's dog or something?

Oberto could get a tip in dunk and the first thing he would say instead of, GREAT SHOT would be RASHO CANT DO THAT.

Come on! It's a very diffucult, perplexing concept!

Not everybody has the Einsteinian brain to figure it out!

He only needs the right guru or mentor to lead him through subtilties.

He's only 29, he's has plenty of time to figure it out.

30 points, 16 boards,

and its still not enough for some people....

polandprzem
03-18-2006, 11:29 AM
If Duncan had taken 21 shots and made his GD freethrows like Nazr, he would've been right there.

Yeah Tim is almost like Nazr

T Park
03-18-2006, 11:32 AM
???

Buddy Holly
03-18-2006, 11:33 AM
I watched the game at work, so didn't get a chance to really focus but...

It seemed like they were trying to guard Nazr with Marion. That's a huge mismatch.

Actually, they had Diaw on him.

CharlieMac
03-18-2006, 11:35 AM
Speaking of contracts, I remember when Malik had a few good games......

exstatic
03-18-2006, 11:37 AM
Offense and rebounds have never been Mohammed's weakness. Given sufficient shots, he'll score. Given sufficient minutes he'll rebound. Unfortunately, given sufficient minutes, the other team will score at will too, and in the lane.

Last year, Tim had the ankle thing, but in a straight line, he could run and block shots. This year, not only is his lateral mobility compromised, his jumping ability overall is, too. He can no longer clean up Mohammed's messes in the lane.

polandprzem
03-18-2006, 11:40 AM
???
?

SpursWoman
03-18-2006, 11:41 AM
WTF

did Rasho run over User's dog or something?

Oberto could get a tip in dunk and the first thing he would say instead of, GREAT SHOT would be RASHO CANT DO THAT.

Ummm...have you even read the thread? I saw at least 4 other people say the same thing. Are you seriously going to deny it's not true? So if Rasho has run over that many dogs, he has some serious issues other than the fact that he has no balls.

And you have no damn clue what User would say or not say...so STFU.

spurs_fan_in_exile
03-18-2006, 11:46 AM
I didn't start watching the game until the second half and when I saw Nazr's stat line I was like, "Oh dammmmmmmmmmm!" The second thought that quickly came was, "Well he ought to be." Those kind of numbers are impressive against any team, but as I use to say after TP would have one of those monster games, "I'd settle for 2/3 of that if he can deliver it consistently."

T Park
03-18-2006, 11:51 AM
Ummm...have you even read the thread? I saw at least 4 other people say the same thing. Are you seriously going to deny it's not true? So if Rasho has run over that many dogs, he has some serious issues other than the fact that he has no balls.

And you have no damn clue what User would say or not say...so STFU.

alright chill the hell out, first off, it wasn't even meant as a bad thing, holy cow.

No Rasho can't do that, and if you remember all the way back last year, in about December, when we were ripping Nesterovic up, I came up with a list of centers I would want instead of him, and one of the players I came up with was Nazr Mohammed, just got done seeing him against Indiana VS Jermaine O'Neal, and he was fantastic.

The dog thing was a joke jees.

I know its ok to make little jokes at me, but apparently it can't go the other way.

No problemo.

exstatic
03-18-2006, 12:00 PM
Those kind of numbers are impressive against any team, but as I use to say after TP would have one of those monster games, "I'd settle for 2/3 of that if he can deliver it consistently."

That's always been Nazr's problem: consistancy. I'm basically expecting nothing from him tonight. Yao uses him like a ragdoll, so Rasho will probably get the minutes.

polandprzem
03-18-2006, 12:00 PM
I love you all !!!!!!!!!!!!! :elephant

RobinsontoDuncan
03-18-2006, 12:17 PM
All I care about are his rebounds, if he can do this against Detroit/Miami and Dallas in the playoffs I'll be happy if he gets 10 points, just so long as they cant control our glass like they did.

Fabbs
03-18-2006, 12:39 PM
leemajors' post says it well. Not only was Timmy doubled, Nazr was basically unchecked once the ball started moving.

Even when Nazr didn't score, he hurt the Suns with the hi/lo (Nazr high, Timmy low). Nazr easily threw it over the fronting of Timmy.

Nazr still has trouble with the concept of bringing the ball down then trying to go back up. Once he gets the ball under the basket, he should keep his arms and the ball up and then go up with it for the shot or dunk. This is something that makes Tim Duncan so tough to defend, so Nazr should learn this from Tim. Tim and Kevin McHale are 2 of the best, that come to mind, at using this technique.

Nazr played well against swingmen so let's not get too carried away.

Amen. I would like to see what Nazr does in an empty gym when he is thrown the ball under the basket. I bet the 1st thing he does is lower the ball to his waist and pump fake. :spin Well hopefully Pop will continue to work with him. Props on the passing last night.

SAGambler
03-18-2006, 12:41 PM
I think it all depends on who we are playing and the strategy involved as to which gets the most minutes. I think today with the Rockets, we are going to see more of Rasho. Against a smaller team like the Suns, Nazr performs better.

I think Rasho has the defense down much better, while Nazr can give you offense that Rasho cannot.

Like someone said, this is a TEAM sport. You use your different strengths depending on the circumstances. That's why the Spurs are so good. They have learned how to do this, and most nights it works out in their favor.

spurs_fan_in_exile
03-18-2006, 12:44 PM
Amen. I would like to see what Nazr does in an empty gym when he is thrown the ball under the basket. I bet the 1st thing he does is lower the ball to his waist and pump fake. :spin Well hopefully Pop will continue to work with him. Props on the passing last night.

The pump fake actually worked last night! :lol
I think it was the 3rd quarter. I busted out laughing because Nazr did the usual weak ass pump fake that usually results in him getting blocked by three guys. But apparently when you play the Suns it causes the defender to leap right over your head. :spin

Leetonidas
03-18-2006, 12:52 PM
Actually, they had Diaw on him.

Yeah, Diaw is 6'9" and Nazr is 6'10", so it's not like there was a huge height advantage there. Nazr just took advantage of them, plain and simple.

T Park
03-18-2006, 01:45 PM
Yeah, Diaw is 6'9" and Nazr is 6'10", so it's not like there was a huge height advantage there

Well Nazr has a bigger body.

Diaw is a 6'9 SF.

Hes long and thin, while Nazr is long but still stout in the body.

Hence why he was able to back down Diaw so easily.

2centsworth
03-18-2006, 01:50 PM
Why all the hate for Nazr? The guy has been an upgrade. Sure he has weaknesses but so does everyone else on the team. Maybe the hate is a good sign, because Parker, Manu, Drob and others received the same kind of treatment.

T Park
03-18-2006, 01:51 PM
Why all the hate for Nazr?

Rasho don't play anymore.

Gotta blame someone who plays minutes ya know.

2centsworth
03-18-2006, 01:56 PM
Rasho don't play anymore.

Gotta blame someone who plays minutes ya know.
I don't like the bashing of Rasho either. He's part of the team and unlike most people I actually noticed his contribution in last years playoffs.

ChumpDumper
03-18-2006, 01:58 PM
It's good that we have the personnel to play almost any style of basketball.

2centsworth
03-18-2006, 01:59 PM
It's good that we have the personnel to play almost any style of basketball.
agreed.

T Park
03-18-2006, 02:04 PM
I don't like the bashing of Rasho either. He's part of the team and unlike most people I actually noticed his contribution in last years playoffs

Yeah, you need a guy to add some hilarity of getting dunked on by Ray Allen :lol

JK

I agree.

exstatic
03-18-2006, 02:12 PM
I think it all depends on who we are playing and the strategy involved as to which gets the most minutes. I think today with the Rockets, we are going to see more of Rasho. Against a smaller team like the Suns, Nazr performs better.

I think Rasho has the defense down much better, while Nazr can give you offense that Rasho cannot.

Like someone said, this is a TEAM sport. You use your different strengths depending on the circumstances. That's why the Spurs are so good. They have learned how to do this, and most nights it works out in their favor.

FINALLY. Someone who realizes that both Nazr and Rasho have something to bring to the table. The thing that Nazr brings to the table that no one else does this year with Tim hurt is offensive rebounding. The thing that Rasho brings that no one else does this year with Tim hurt is defensive paint patrolling and shot blocking. They are both one half of a center. Rasho is shitty on offense, and Nazr is shitty on defense.

The thing is, when Nazr is in there, the whole defense seems to break down. Guys funnel their man to the baseline, but Nazr doesn't come off his man to rotate and attack the driving player, who gets a dunk or an easy layup. As the game progresses, I see our players less willing to funnel their man, and backing off instead, which opens up the jumper. All most NBA players need is just a crack of daylight to get that shot off.

Last night before the game, Sean threw out a stat that the Spurs had allowed ~47% FGs over the previous 7 games. I was horrified, but not surprised. The Spurs will not even make the Finals to take on Detroit if they don't get that back down to 40-41% and maintain it throughout the playoffs. I don't belive that is possible with Mohammed playing more than 20 minutes. Don't bring up last year. Tim was there to clean up his messes, but can't do that without the lift that PF is robbing him of this year.

T Park
03-18-2006, 02:28 PM
Well Ex.

Im afraid, unless Tim magically gets healed, that aint getting fixed.

It may be their downfall.

boutons_
03-18-2006, 02:35 PM
"when Nazr is in there, the whole defense seems to break down"

yep, Suns scored 56 pts!! in the paint last night, vs the Spurs 60.

There have been several games this years where Spurs opponents have scored huge numbers in the paint, and/or won the paint, both of which I think are due to Tim being hobbled in his paint offense and defense. That's not playoff quality ball where "no easy layups" is the objective. Tim just can't move around with his PF to anchor the interior, Nazr is a totally useless defender, and Rasho provides real defensive help, but can't take on the role of anchor.

T Park
03-18-2006, 02:52 PM
Yup.

Gotta pray to the feet gods that that food gets to 90 95% by playoff time.

SpursWoman
03-18-2006, 03:00 PM
FINALLY. Someone who realizes that both Nazr and Rasho have something to bring to the table.

I have no problem recognizing that Rasho brings something to the table...and has his own upside. It's just not cajones. :lol

SequSpur
03-18-2006, 03:12 PM
Rasho? A defensive presence? You got to be kidding me...........

Rasho blows ass.

Nazr had more stats last night than Rasho had in a season and a wet dream.

Rasho needs to be waived.

T Park
03-18-2006, 03:13 PM
You've already proven your basketball knowledge wouldn't fill a thimble Sequstooge.

Be gone.

SequSpur
03-18-2006, 03:15 PM
You've already proven your basketball knowledge wouldn't fill a thimble Sequstooge.

Be gone.

Quitter.

Solid D
03-18-2006, 03:17 PM
In the 4 games PHX and the Lakers have played against the Spurs the past week and a half, they lifted their players to the edges, moved the ball and then attacked. To make things worse in the middle, Pop had the strategy versus PHX to defend the arc as Priority 1. The Spurs have stopped collapsing or playing any zone whatsoever.

Once they go back to how they played against Dallas or Portland, the Opp. FG% will drop once again.

T Park
03-18-2006, 03:22 PM
Quitter

You mean, you after game 1 after the Nuggets Spurs game last playoffs?

During the playoffs of 03?

Don't go there short stuff.

T Park
03-18-2006, 03:23 PM
Once they go back to how they played against Dallas or Portland, the Opp. FG% will drop once again.

I hope your right.

That is a good question, why they wouldn't go last night to a 3-2 zone.

Would've helped with the penetration by Nash.

That was what kept the Suns in it last night in the 4th quarter.

SequSpur
03-18-2006, 03:24 PM
You mean, you after game 1 after the Nuggets Spurs game last playoffs?

During the playoffs of 03?

Don't go there short stuff.

Shut up Quitter.

T Park
03-18-2006, 03:27 PM
Truth hurts dont it shorty.

Solid D
03-18-2006, 03:32 PM
I hope your right.

That is a good question, why they wouldn't go last night to a 3-2 zone.

Would've helped with the penetration by Nash.

That was what kept the Suns in it last night in the 4th quarter.

Because Pop chose to defend 3-pointers and a 3-2 zone doesn't really defend the arc. It gives up the outside shot less than a 2-3 but it still doesn't cover the NBA 3 well enough. He was willing to trade 2 point trips for allowing the Suns confidence to get 3 point trips. As long as the Spurs didn't foul Nash and converted offensively, themselves, it appeared to be effective enough to get a W.

T Park
03-18-2006, 03:41 PM
Problem is, is when Stoudamire comes back, Im afraid that I think their perimiter players are better shooters this year that it'll make it difficult to institute that idea.
Bell, Jones, House>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Richardson, Jim Jackson.

RashoFan
03-18-2006, 03:59 PM
I am not Anti Nazr...I am Pro Rasho...BUT DAMN NAZR had a great night!!!:wow
Great Job Nazr!!!!! RESPECT!!!!

leemajors
03-18-2006, 04:44 PM
Problem is, is when Stoudamire comes back, Im afraid that I think their perimiter players are better shooters this year that it'll make it difficult to institute that idea.
Bell, Jones, House>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Richardson, Jim Jackson.

i don't think we'll have to worry about stoudemire coming back this year. he said his rehab was at a standstill yesterday, and there is absolutely no reason for him to come back this season and jeopardize his whole career. as it stands now, he should rehab slowly till next fall and come back

T Park
03-18-2006, 04:45 PM
While that might sound good.

That could be all smoke and mirrors and BS.

Gotta take that BS with grain of salt bro, IMO.

T-Pain
03-18-2006, 05:31 PM
Nazr is the shit. I was impressed by his performance last night, hopefully he'll have the same night. Last night, Nazr was playing like David Robinson in his young days.

exstatic
03-18-2006, 05:34 PM
TPark, NO ONE comes back effectively from micro-fracture surgery in less than 12 months, and some never come back at all. The whole "four months" bullshit put out by the Suns is your fucking smoke and mirrors. They didn't want their season tickets to crater by announcing that he was out for the year.

He was favoring his knee for the 5 on 5s, and got fluid buildup on his OTHER knee. He's not ready, and likely won't be. I frankly think he's a fool to play for USA*Basketball. He should not play until next season.

Kori Ellis
03-18-2006, 05:46 PM
TPark, NO ONE comes back effectively from micro-fracture surgery in less than 12 months.

I think this was true until this season.
Zach Randolph had it in late April and he was back on the floor in September/October and has been fine all this season.

It's definitely a rarity to come back in less than 12 months, but I just thought I'd point out that Zach did it.

exstatic
03-18-2006, 05:46 PM
Nazr is the shit. I was impressed by his performance last night, hopefully he'll have the same night. Last night, Nazr was playing like David Robinson in his young days.

:lol:rollin
Except David did it with 3 guys hanging on him, and still managed to play monster defense on the other end. Other than that, I couldn't tell them apart. :lol
Nazr is MUCH more Malik than he is David.

T Park
03-18-2006, 05:48 PM
Nazr is MUCH more Malik than he is David

Nazr is a taller, not as good defensively, version of Malik Rose, thats correct.

T Park
03-18-2006, 05:49 PM
NO ONE comes back effectively from micro-fracture surgery in less than 12 months, and some never come back at all. The whole "four months" bullshit put out by the Suns is your fucking smoke and mirrors. They didn't want their season tickets to crater by announcing that he was out for the year.

He was favoring his knee for the 5 on 5s, and got fluid buildup on his OTHER knee. He's not ready, and likely won't be. I frankly think he's a fool to play for USA*Basketball. He should not play until next season.

I agree Ex.

Im just skeptical.

I don't want to plan the playoffs for this this and this, and have that jack ass come trotting out like a freakin monster dunking all over the place.

Although, Nazr played D decently against him.

polandprzem
03-18-2006, 05:53 PM
I agree Ex.

Im just skeptical.

I don't want to plan the playoffs for this this and this, and have that jack ass come trotting out like a freakin monster dunking all over the place.

Although, Nazr played D decently against him.

He wouldn't.
I mean Amare.
He may be back but to be in the playoff shape he at least have to play 1 full month. It's not easy to come back and feel good in the system. Although with the suns you never know. They are not playing so complicated bball.

all in all I don't think that the suns will be a much better team with Amere just after rehab joing the team in the PO

T-Pain
03-18-2006, 05:56 PM
Nazr is a taller, not as good defensively, version of Malik Rose, thats correct.

I guess, last night when Nazr was sinking jumpers and making Shaq-like dunks, to me it was reminiscent of big Dave.

T Park
03-18-2006, 06:05 PM
all in all I don't think that the suns will be a much better team with Amere just after rehab joing the team in the PO

I disagree.

IMO they would pass the Spurs on the depth chart.

Adding a Stoudamire of any kind to the current Suns team is scary to the 10th degree.

exstatic
03-18-2006, 06:08 PM
David in his prime was Amare...plus a 20 foot jumper, handles, and suffocating defense. That's why I'm laughing at the Nazr comparisions when PHO was refusing to guard him.

polandprzem
03-18-2006, 06:09 PM
I disagree.

IMO they would pass the Spurs on the depth chart.

Adding a Stoudamire of any kind to the current Suns team is scary to the 10th degree.

On paper maybe

T Park
03-18-2006, 06:19 PM
Not on paper.

In play.

Your forgetting how GREAT, Amare Stoudamire is.

David in his prime was Amare...plus a 20 foot jumper, handles, and suffocating defense

Damn, exactly right. Stoudamire's jumper is getting there though. (shivers at remembering that hideous jumper)

yeahone
03-18-2006, 06:43 PM
Great game NAzr

Guru of Nothing
03-18-2006, 07:22 PM
I think this was true until this season.
Zach Randolph had it in late April and he was back on the floor in September/October and has been fine all this season.

It's definitely a rarity to come back in less than 12 months, but I just thought I'd point out that Zach did it.

Funny to imagine Zach busting out with Amare moves. ....especially push-ups.

polandprzem
03-19-2006, 02:24 AM
Not on paper.

In play.

Your forgetting how GREAT, Amare Stoudamire is.

Damn, exactly right. Stoudamire's jumper is getting there though. (shivers at remembering that hideous jumper)

You are forgetting how GREAT Amare is in Suns system.
In the series vs the spurs he wasn't even doubled. I do not think he is such a dominant player. Right now he is Shawn Kemp. And Shawn Kemp was fantastic. WAS.

We'll see

ata
03-19-2006, 06:43 AM
30+16; great game, congrats

zeleni
03-19-2006, 07:07 AM
Nazr was unbelievable.

I saw that stats, and didn't speak a word until i looked at the 82games.com, where he is still behind Rasho. Then I got my breath back.

Nazr, you had one hell of a game! Kudos! Props! Hats off!

One head of a 2headed monster got his teeth shapened. :)

wildbill2u
03-19-2006, 05:21 PM
But what about the following game and the next and the next? Does anyone think NAZR will put up those numbers consistently?

Maybe against a short-handed Suns team that chooses to go small, but not in the real world.

Meanwhile, good game Nazr and let's all be glad we have a two-headed center position that can handle most teams.

SenorSpur
03-20-2006, 03:48 PM

I've been away from the forum for several days, so I'm getting caught up. I did see Nazr's "stunning" performance against the Suns. Spectacular!

With Nazr rounding into form as the Spurs make their stretch run, obviously his FA value is going up.

With that said, I was wondering whether Pop and R.C. would now consider making this guy an offseason priority? Would they now be enticed to work hard to "ink him" to a reasonable offer over the summer?

The Spurs are a much more dangerous team with that type of production from the 5 spot. Also, there are certainly no other FA centers out there and there are few to little replacement options that can provide his level of production.

SoCalSpursFan
03-20-2006, 04:12 PM

Well, right now it can't be attributed to anything really but just a 'fluke' night. I think the Suns helped though, they have no big men. It was nice to see that taken advantage of.

LEONARD
05-11-2006, 05:54 PM
Awesome game!! Go Nazr!! Nazr's the man... :fro

A-Train
05-11-2006, 06:03 PM
Mav Fan is definitely worse than Piston Fan.

mavsfan1000
05-11-2006, 07:45 PM
So much for Nazr being the go to guy.

RON ARTEST
05-11-2006, 07:48 PM
:lmao

T Park
05-11-2006, 08:24 PM
and mavs fan proves that yes, they CAN get dumber after the famous question,

"They can't get any dumber, can they?"

J.T.
05-11-2006, 08:26 PM
http://masklinnscans.free.fr/4chan/gtfo.jpg

Deb
05-11-2006, 09:16 PM
You just better pray he's not the one that smokes your asses this Saturday

zeleni
05-12-2006, 02:37 AM
Nazr is a wash. Believe!

He is as much a presence under the basket as I am, when I kneel. But I hope he will embrace the opportunity to be T-Rex I grow accustomed to love when he rebounds 14 a night.

T-Pain
05-12-2006, 03:18 AM
i still love nazr for his rebounding and scoring in the paint, but damn!!! t-rex!!! catch the ball!!!

zeleni
05-12-2006, 07:13 AM
i still love nazr for his rebounding and scoring in the paint, but damn!!! t-rex!!! catch the ball!!!

But He Doesn't rebound... or score... for like 3 weeks now... WTF!