PDA

View Full Version : Oscar De La Hoya Vs Ricardo Mayorga

atxrocker
03-18-2006, 12:53 PM
May 6th.. who wins?

I am rooting for Mayorga, DLH needs to hang his gloves already

ObiwanGinobili
03-18-2006, 04:25 PM
for a minute I thought it said Ricardo Montalban.

now that would be a great fight.
'KAAHHHHHHHHNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN'

atxrocker
03-20-2006, 01:40 AM
bump..
discuss-- any boxing fans read this shit?

KEDA
03-20-2006, 08:25 AM
for a minute I thought it said Ricardo Montalban.

now that would be a great fight.
'KAAHHHHHHHHNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN'

LMFAO!!!

http://www.cinefacts.de/kino/specials/Shatner/shatner1.jpg

VS

http://www.treknews.de/treknews/newspro-treknews/upload/newsbilder/star-trek-2-de-dvd-image-04.jpg

Id still take Kirk
you never saw Kahn without his posse, I dont think he could fight without them.

When Kahn starshipjacked the Reliant, he had them put a bad ass stereo system in the back if the bridge so he could listen to Tupac as he was trying to do a driveby on the Enterprise!

ObiwanGinobili
03-20-2006, 09:53 AM
Kirk totally kicked his ass tho.
freakin "hacking" into the Reliant's system! :lol

man I can't believe he didint; install his own security on a stolen ship. how the fuck do you steal something like that & not put in your own firewall???

it;s like stealing a car and then driving it around town like you own it with out changing the plates, VIN or paint color.

MoSpur
03-20-2006, 10:24 AM
I don't like Mayorga. To me he is a clown. I don't like DeLaHoya too much neither. However, I will root for Oscar. I like the fact that he is taking on someone like Mayorga. I will put my money on Oscar.

batman2883
03-20-2006, 10:58 AM
ha ha ha Mayorga wore a bull fighting uniform to the press conference that was funny

midgetonadonkey
03-20-2006, 11:01 AM
Does De la Hoya still walk to the ring with his spanish ballads playing?

pache100
03-20-2006, 11:03 AM
bump..
discuss-- any boxing fans read this shit?

Yeah. I guess I hope Mayorga...I'm not much of a Golden Girl fan.

batman2883
03-20-2006, 11:08 AM
I hate oscar de la hueta

Oscar DeLa
03-20-2006, 12:33 PM
I don't know what it is but I always root for ol Oscar!

batman2883
03-20-2006, 12:35 PM
Oscar said in the press conference that he never wanted to beat anyone so badly besides the other guy he knocked out and he was referring to my boy Fernando Vargas....i hope Mayorga whoops his ass till he needs plastic surgery to repair his broken cheek bones and retinal surgery for his eye hanging out his face

Oscar DeLa
03-20-2006, 01:29 PM
I don't know what it is but you just hate him because he's a true fighter!

MoSpur
03-20-2006, 01:31 PM
I like the fact that Osar agrees with a lot of fans that boxing isn't the same anymore. I root for Hispanic fighters all the time.

MoSpur
03-20-2006, 01:38 PM
You've only fought a couple or real fighters and you lost to Tito. Vargas had you beat but he got tired and caught on the ropes with the ref ready to jump in.

Vargas was the one on roids and still got beat.

batman2883
03-20-2006, 01:40 PM
he got tired thats why....Vargas had him beat the whole way....de la hueta was ready to shout no mas

MoSpur
03-20-2006, 01:44 PM
He got tired even though he was roided up. Funny.

MoSpur
03-20-2006, 02:07 PM
I am saying I am DeLaHoya's biggest fan. Its just funny that Vargas used steroids and still lost. He obviously thought the roids would give him an edge or else he wouldn't have used them. I am proud that a Mexican/American has made a name for himself by boxing and is making all kinds of cash. I always find myself pulling for the Mexican fighter. It has nothing to do DeLaHoya or Vargas in particular. I just think a lot of guys hate on Oscar because of the fact that he has a lot of money, a beautiful wife and so on.

MoSpur
03-20-2006, 02:13 PM
I can't stand his voice either, but the guy made it. Period. I admire that. His mom dies of cancer and he still goes on. That is tough. He beat some big names at the time. He beat Pernell, Ike, Campas, Chavez (twice), beat Moseley once for sure, but got robbed, and had Trinidad beat, but gave it away, which should have been a draw in my mind. I also admire Vargas for what he did at such a young age.

MoSpur
03-20-2006, 02:24 PM
I like me some Barrera and Morales. Those guys lay it all on the line.

Cant_Be_Faded
03-20-2006, 02:55 PM
I watched DeLaHoya/Vargas, and Vargas did not have him beat by any means.

It was a very close fight. Vargas did look slower and slower, DeLaHoya nailed an overhand right that made Vargas even slower

Then DeLaHoya threw a flurry of punches (only 1 or 2 of which landed) and Vargas was just standing there not moving just defending, so the ref called the fight.
Horrible call.
But Vargas wasn't looking in good shape either.

who can forget the infamous quotes by Oscar DeLaHoya after this fight was over?

I believe he said something along the lines of...

"I don't know what it is...but when I see blood? I want more!!!"
True quote.

pache100
03-20-2006, 03:53 PM
I think people hate him cause he acts like a little girl.

ACTS like one? I don't think it's an "act".

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

V=Vendetta
03-20-2006, 03:58 PM
I say that Oscar loses