New York
Seattle
Toronto
Boston
Atlanta
Charlotte
Washington
Golden State (loss)

Washington is the only semi-decent team on that list.

Pistons < Spurs
03-18-2006, 11:14 PM
I don't think any team in the League this year has a 5-game stretch like this:

Charlotte (W)
Toronto (W)
New York (L)
Charlotte (W)
Atlanta

Talk about cake.

The way we've been playing lately, we may struggle in some of those......as we did tonight against Charlotte. :bang :bang

td4mvp21
03-18-2006, 11:26 PM
Look at Miami's latest strech...

Orlando
Orlando
New York
Seattle
Toronto
Boston
Atlanta
Charlotte
Washington
Golden State (loss)

Washington is the only semi-decent team on that list.

BUT THATS NOT A FIVE GAME STRETCH.

:)

FreshPrince22
03-19-2006, 12:49 AM
BUT THATS NOT A FIVE GAME STRETCH.

:lol pick 5

JamStone
03-19-2006, 01:06 AM
Plus I think the Heat won all of those games.

Pistons had an easy stretch. The meltdown by Rip and Rasheed cost them the game in New York. Not exactly what we want to see at this point of the season.

CubanMustGo
03-19-2006, 09:57 AM
Everyone has easy stretches and tough ones.

Of course, if you're in the EC there are more easy ones than tough ones :lol

JamStone
03-19-2006, 11:37 AM
Cake is good. I like cake. Pistons will take cake and eat it too. 22 back-to-back sets in the regular season, they deserve some cake.

NCaliSpurs
03-19-2006, 11:53 AM
22 back to backs is unreal. Fortunately, you guys have a pretty young and athletic team.

jochhejaam
03-19-2006, 12:30 PM
22 back to backs is unreal. Fortunately, you guys have a pretty young and athletic team.
And only 15 back-to-backs for the Heat, what a scheduling break!
Could the NBA/Stern be trying to stack the deck for HCA? (Conspiracy theory #31.149)

1Parker1
03-19-2006, 12:48 PM
Miami had a much easier stretch than the Pistons.

kskonn
03-19-2006, 02:46 PM
And only 15 back-to-backs for the Heat, what a scheduling break!
Could the NBA/Stern be trying to stack the deck for HCA? (Conspiracy theory #31.149)

The spurs have received similiar scheduling treatment in past seasons, I always credited the rodeo for some of the scheduling nightmares. However the Pistons, the team that almost won the Championship seems to be getting the shaft, that just does not make any sense to me. Is there some event at the palace that causes your schedule to be adjusted?

jochhejaam
03-19-2006, 03:59 PM
The spurs have received similiar scheduling treatment in past seasons, I always credited the rodeo for some of the scheduling nightmares. However the Pistons, the team that almost won the Championship seems to be getting the shaft, that just does not make any sense to me. Is there some event at the palace that causes your schedule to be adjusted?
The NBA gets the new NBA schedules out pretty quickly and they're a huge money maker for the Palace. I would think other events are scheduled around them.

Pistons < Spurs
03-19-2006, 05:22 PM
Is there some event at the palace that causes your schedule to be adjusted?

Nope. At least nothing that I'm aware of.

Right now we have some of the NCAA tournamnet games going on at the Palace.....but that only counts for a few days. Nothing else that would make a good excuse for current schedule we have.

Dunc
03-20-2006, 01:58 AM
There's next to nothing at the Palace during the season, as far as I know. They advertise just about everything on local tv that happens at the Palace, and I can think of nothing that would mess with our sched.

mavsfan1000
03-20-2006, 02:16 AM
The mavs would like some cake also. It has been brutal lately with back to backs, injuries, and different time zones.

ALVAREZ6
03-20-2006, 06:58 PM
http://info.detnews.com/pix/sports/2006/pistons/pistons_20060214_nets/Pistons1.jpg
Random, but I think those red Piston jerseys should be their regular away ones rather than alternate. Thery're nice.

Marklar MM
03-21-2006, 06:32 PM
Random, but I think those red Piston jerseys should be their regular away ones rather than alternate. Thery're nice.

Me to...they are undefeated while wearing them this year. :(

Darrin
03-22-2006, 02:17 AM

There are events that occur annually, the World Championship Rodeo just to name one. But Bill Davidson built the Palace as a playground for the Pistons. Before that, they were always a second-rate tenant like the Clippers at Staples. Whether it be the Lions (Pontiac Silverdome), Red Wings (Joe Louis Arena), or Conventions (COBO HALL), the Pistons took a back seat.

There are no public funds in the Palace - everything is privately-owned by Davidson, and that was done on purpose. Usually, to get public funds, the owner of the building will have to make concessions to prove this is a public service to the community, not just meant for the individual team. That's why Chicago and Utah have to deal with circus trips.

There's this story that Tom Wilson tells in a recent book about how on opening night in 1988-89 didn't have adaquate entrances and exits out of the Palace. Wilson, Davidson's right-hand man, had been flying by the seat of his pants overseeing this operation, and they just underestimated how heavy the traffic would get before gametime.

They went to Auburn Hills' council, got the permits to double their entrances, and had them built in two weeks after opening night because they didn't have to haggle with the governing body over how Auburn Hills was going to pay for new entrances.

What really is working against the Pistons here is Metro Detroit's proximity to other NBA cities. Bording the state of Michigan are the Bucks, Bulls, Pacers, and Raptors. They are still reasonably close (1-5 hr flight) to the Timberwolves, Grizzlies, Hawks, Bobcats, Wizards, Sixers, Knicks, and Celtics.

That's 12 of 29 opponents. The others like the Florida (Heat and Magic), Texas (Spurs, Rockets, and Mavs), and California/Pacific (Warriors, Kings, Lakers, Clippers, Blazers, Suns, and Sonics) tours usually put the Pistons on the road for the better part of a week, and that results in 3 games in 6 nights or 4 games in 5 nights, and at least one back-to-back. That's 22 of 29 opponents for potential back-to-backs.

The states that would propose strenuous back-to-backs (traveling a long distance, but short enough the NBA may schedule it anyway) - the Dakotas, Nebraska, Okalahoma, Missouri, Wyoming, Montana, Kansas - these states are devoid of NBA teams.

Being in Southern Michigan (Auburn Hills as opposed to Macinac, Traverse City, or Souix St. Marie) makes traveling to even southern states like Florida and Georgia a shorter trip.

ShoogarBear
03-22-2006, 11:15 AM
Is there some event at the palace that causes your schedule to be adjusted?

http://www.bongonews.com/StoryImages/ron_artest_brawl_2004_11-24.jpg

Pistons < Spurs
03-22-2006, 11:45 AM
http://www.bongonews.com/StoryImages/ron_artest_brawl_2004_11-24.jpg

Not funny Shoog!

:lol

DarkReign
03-22-2006, 12:26 PM
I thought it was hilarious.

bdubya
03-22-2006, 02:34 PM
WTF is going on here?

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e332/bpdubya/ron_artest_brawl_2004_11-24.jpg

Leaving aside what that hand is doing, is it on BACKWARDS?

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
03-22-2006, 02:46 PM
Whoa, who knew David Copperfield was a Piston Fan?

SlasherX
03-22-2006, 03:37 PM
Pistons played their first 18 games from 20 on road!!!

theMUHMEshow
03-22-2006, 03:47 PM
What the hell is with that hand?

Darrin
03-22-2006, 04:15 PM
Pistons played their first 18 games from 20 on road!!!

Is there a sentence structure here? The Pistons played 12 of their first 20 games on the road (17-3). Of their remaining 16 games, only six are on the road. The Pistons have won 15 straight at home dating back to January 6th. The only challenging road games left are in Miami and in Indiana.

What was it you were trying to say?