PDA

View Full Version : Comedy Central erased the Scientology South Park Episode!

Cant_Be_Faded
03-19-2006, 01:09 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/4819826.stm

South Park 'battling' Scientology

South Park is famed for lampooning religion
South Park's creators have renewed their "battle" with Scientology, after a US TV channel dropped a show which mocked its church and actor Tom Cruise.

"So, Scientology, you may have won THIS battle, but the million-year war for earth has just begun!" Trey Parker and Matt Stone told trade paper Variety. [:lmao]

Comedy Central said the schedule change enabled it to screen two extra episodes featuring Isaac Hayes, who played Chef.

Hayes left South Park this week after objecting to it sending up religion.

Parker and Stone added in their statement to Variety: "Temporarily anozinizing our episode will NOT stop us from keeping Thetans forever trapped in your pitiful man-bodies."

Curses and drat! You have obstructed us for now, but your feeble bid to save humanity will fail! Hail Xenu!!!

Trey Parker and Matt Stone

Comedy Central's spokesman said the channel wanted to "give Chef an appropriate tribute by airing two episodes he is most known for".

The channel also denied it had axed the episode featuring Cruise after reports of pressure from the actor to drop it from its schedules.

And the actor denied reports suggesting he had threatened not to promote his latest film Mission Impossible: 3 if the episode was broadcast.

The film is being brought out in May by Paramount, which is owned, along with Comedy Central, by Viacom.

"Not true," Cruise's spokesman said about the reports. "I can tell you that he never said that."

Cruise said he had nothing to do with the episode being dropped

Variety reported that the spokesman added: "He never said any such thing about Mission: Impossible 3."

Paramount were unavailable for comment.

Cruise, an outspoken follower of Scientology, starred in the first two Mission Impossible films.

The initial 1996 movie grossed $454m (£250m) worldwide and the second took a total of $546m (£300m) in 2000.

Animated series South Park tells the story of four boys in a dysfunctional Colorado town and regularly deals with sensitive subjects and sends up famous figures.

In a recent episode, one of the gang, Stan, did so well in a Scientology test that church followers thought he was the next L Ron Hubbard, the late science-fiction writer who founded Scientology.

Hayes, 63, had been a regular on South Park since its US TV debut in 1997.

The show was insensitive to "personal spiritual beliefs", Hayes said.

But Stone said Hayes had "never had a problem" until the Scientology Church, to which Hayes belongs, was parodied.

----------------

I know the Isaac Hayes thing was already posted, but I didn't read anything about Comedy Central actually dropping the episode.
How creepy is that? Makes you wonder how many Scientologists there really are out there.

spurs_fan_in_exile
03-19-2006, 01:15 AM
Man that's weak. Daily Show and Colbert Report spend four hours a week mocking people in high places, but Tom Cruise has the power to effect Comedy Central's programming?

Wasn't it supposed to be the crazy Republicans that stifle free speech while the hippy west coast liberals defend the first amendment? This whole thing is turning the world on it's ear.

Vashner
03-19-2006, 10:29 AM
Fuck comedy central... When did they become Commie's?

They let China run the show listings?

Maybe it's backlash for there support of Bush from the network. They might of been looking at a way to smack em a bit.

Trainwreck2100
03-19-2006, 10:31 AM
http://files.foundrymusic.com/MP3/121905_IsaacHayes_OA.mp3

Here's Isaac Hayes saying he had no problem with them. Which Means one of the Holy Trinity of Scientology got to him. Those being John Travolta, Tom Cruise, or L. Ron Hubbard.

Vashner
03-19-2006, 11:15 AM
Maybe they can Merge Scientology and the 5 dollar a bottle Kabala water factory that Madonna runs?

Let's just move the White House and Congress to Rodeo drive and run everything off daily phone polls too.

I give up Hollywood you win. I just want to wake up everyday and see what Hollywood has to say..

MEANTIME.... After Clooney bashed Bush and his evil war for oil he burned 40,000 gallons of JET A to fly as subsonic speeds to his massive billion dollar italin villa to prep for the wedding. OH THE humanity of the suffering Bush has cause Clooney. I say we impeach the bastard... and donate money to Clooney. I mean he only has what a 100 foot 20 million dollar yacht, multiple speedboats and jet ski's also docked at his mansion. I am sure Tom Cruise is suffering too from Bush's Christan Crusade in the Middle East...

/rant off

T Park
03-19-2006, 12:11 PM
Wasn't it supposed to be the crazy Republicans that stifle free speech while the hippy west coast liberals defend the first amendment? This whole thing is turning the world on it's ear.

The stereotype don't fit? What a suprise.

After Clooney bashed Bush and his evil war for oil he burned 40,000 gallons of JET A to fly as subsonic speeds to his massive billion dollar italin villa to prep for the wedding

example 1,

why you don't take ANYTHING, of what retard hollywood says seriously.

Republican, or Democrat.

CharlieMac
03-24-2006, 02:08 AM
Chef got his tonight on South Park.

E20
03-24-2006, 02:18 AM
The reason they did was because Tom Cruises new movie: Mission Impossible 3, is being produced by Paramount Pictures which is owned by Viacom. Viacom also owns Comedy Central. Tom Cruise probably threatend not to do press interviews, promos, screens, commericals, or anything to promote what could be a successful movie (99.9% I say it's gonna suck).

Trainwreck2100
03-24-2006, 02:26 AM
Chef got his tonight on South Park.

what happened?

Johnny_Blaze_47
03-24-2006, 03:36 AM
what happened?

They pieced together dialogue from other shows to make it look like the "Great Adventure Club" that Chef joined turned him into a pedophile.

Chef gets "killed" at the end, but is brought back to life by the Club. The city of South Park mourns Chef as a guy who was still loved and shouldn't be held against for his "recent actions".

Good handling, IMO.

ZStomp
03-24-2006, 07:09 AM
They should erase all of Southpark Episodes.

:lmao

Taco
03-24-2006, 08:46 AM
Re: Comedy Central erased the Scientology South Park Episode!

That's Bull!!!

Taco
03-24-2006, 08:52 AM
They should erase all of Southpark Episodes.

You cannot erase the Steroid episode!!!

Timmah!!!

ObiwanGinobili
03-24-2006, 09:53 AM
They pieced together dialogue from other shows to make it look like the "Great Adventure Club" that Chef joined turned him into a pedophile.

Chef gets "killed" at the end, but is brought back to life by the Club. The city of South Park mourns Chef as a guy who was still loved and shouldn't be held against for his "recent actions".

Good handling, IMO.

man! I wish emo had shown me how to do this torrents before he left! :pctoss
I want that episode!

Jim Rome
03-24-2006, 09:56 AM
Taco.

Hilarious.

Spurminator
03-24-2006, 10:45 AM
I'm gonna MAKE love to your assholes, children!

Peter
03-24-2006, 11:01 AM
Man that's weak. Daily Show and Colbert Report spend four hours a week mocking people in high places, but Tom Cruise has the power to effect Comedy Central's programming?

Even better, the censorship was done to placate a particular "religion".

Goes to show you that people are the same, regardless of the label.

Trainwreck2100
03-24-2006, 11:02 AM
http://img122.imageshack.us/my.php?image=alley3wt.gif

ObiwanGinobili
03-24-2006, 11:06 AM
http://img122.imageshack.us/my.php?image=alley3wt.gif

Trainwreck2100
03-24-2006, 11:09 AM

man! I wish emo had shown me how to do this torrents before he left! :pctoss
I want that episode!

If you have torrent arlready, just go to this page and hit download

http://www.southparkx.net/episodes/1001-the-return-of-chef

ObiwanGinobili
03-24-2006, 11:11 AM
crap .
i need to update & restart.

cecil collins
03-24-2006, 01:35 PM
Everyone knows that scientology nuts and liberals are one and the same. They're all a bunch of flip flop wearin, satchel carrying, cappuchino drinkin, draft dodgin pansies.

2Blonde
03-24-2006, 07:22 PM
It was really funny when the lion and the bear ripped him apart and then the kids said something like "do think think he's dead?" "probably" and just walk off like nothing happened. :lol

ORION
03-24-2006, 07:29 PM
I love the episode when Cartman's hand turns into jennifer lopez and gives ben a bj in the car