PDA

View Full Version : Tim Duncan's dunk on Yao

zocool16
03-19-2006, 03:55 AM
well i just got done watching the top 10 plays of nbatv and it wasn't there... i think it deserved one of those spots?...

ah whatever, this isn't the greatest post ever i guess hehe.

go spurs go!

mikejones99
03-19-2006, 04:01 AM
You should at least have a picture of it though. The Dunk made the regular highlites though.

themvp
03-19-2006, 04:15 AM
I think so too. But there are always some circus shots. But they are not better than dunks.

Dingle Barry
03-19-2006, 06:06 AM
Yao gets posterized so much that there is nothing exciting about it anymore

Jimcs50
03-19-2006, 09:15 AM
Yao gets posterized so much that there is nothing exciting about it anymore

When Spurs guard Michael Finley drove the baseline and theoretically threw down a hard slam on Yao Ming last week — Yao came over in time only to wave at the ball as it went through the rim — the Spurs became the latest team to wildly celebrate scoring on Yao.

Yao said that reaction, different from dunks on other players, is "because I'm big. It can only be because I am big."

Yao said it bothers him "a little bit, but just for a very short time, and then it passes. It does not bother me at the end of that night's game."

Rockets coach Jeff Van Gundy, however, said: "I think there is a bigger, broader thing.

"I think some of those same people that like to mock Yao's negative plays are the same people who predicted that he wasn't good and would never really (make an impact). So instead of just saying, 'I'm wrong, I'm an idiot, I have no idea what I'm talking about,' they try to pick out a couple plays where it may not have gone as well for Yao. Saying you're wrong is difficult.

"A lot of players, if you remember, tried to say he was not that special. I think a lot of it, player-wise, is just talk. A lot of players never appreciated Yao's slow and steady improvement. There's something beyond it, but I'm sure natural size has something to do with it."

TDMVPDPOY
03-19-2006, 10:49 AM
hey at least yao contest for blocks, give the dude credit though, unlike sum ppl who dont wanna be on the end of a poster

v2freak
03-19-2006, 10:55 AM
There is nothing 'natural' about his height...

Every team celebrates when one of its players dunks on the other team's big man. No surprise here

nkdlunch
03-19-2006, 12:49 PM
Rasho gets posterized a lot too. It's because him and Yao ain't afraid to contest the dunks. Other bigs just stay away from the cameras when someone is dunkin

yeahone
03-19-2006, 05:01 PM
that was a nasty throwdown by timmy

T Park
03-19-2006, 05:06 PM
YAO >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Any bigman on this team outside Duncan

CubanMustGo
03-19-2006, 05:09 PM
NBA TV video highlights show the dunk:

http://boss.streamos.com/wmedia/nba/nbacom/recaps/recap_978_sashou.asx

Most of the Houston highlights are courtesy Juwan Howard.

:lol at Barry throwing up that trash and having it go in, too.

Obstructed_View
03-19-2006, 06:51 PM
If the dude was easy to dunk on everybody would do it and there'd be no celebrating. Van Gundy is a moron.

rwb
03-19-2006, 10:26 PM
I think what made Tim's dunk so gnarly was him swinging on the rim afterward. You hardly ever see him do that, but it was a nice touch.

LilMissSPURfect
03-19-2006, 10:39 PM
I think what made Tim's dunk so gnarly was him swinging on the rim afterward. You hardly ever see him do that, but it was a nice touch.

that was :fro KEN (FRO KEN) awesome!

Vingianx
03-19-2006, 10:56 PM
well i just got done watching the top 10 plays of nbatv and it wasn't there... i think it deserved one of those spots?...

ah whatever, this isn't the greatest post ever i guess hehe.

go spurs go!
if it's the dunk i think it is, that was SICK

Obstructed_View
03-20-2006, 02:37 AM
the league's top blockers always get posterized. its no big deal if you really think about it.

except if your name is shawn bradley
Except that Shawn Bradley was a top shot blocker his entire career.

Rynospursfan
03-20-2006, 03:00 AM
I loved it when Drob was young......people tried to dunk on him, but his blocks made them look silly.....so they stopped trying until he got older.

I loved how Big Dave would always control the blocks too. He would block it to himself and ignite the fast break with the outlet pass. You don't see anyone doing that anymore.

Please_dont_ban_me
03-20-2006, 04:03 AM
Wasn't that great.

He drove past a 7'6 footer, and dunked. Not like it was a facial.

zocool16
03-20-2006, 04:35 AM
well it kinda was i mean yao was standing right in front of him... but okay