PDA

View Full Version : Pipen Calls KG

weebo
03-19-2006, 12:37 PM
"the most overrated player in the NBA"....Any truth to that?

1Parker1
03-19-2006, 12:42 PM
:lmao I was just about to start this thread.

It's interesting. Because on the one hand, as mentioned, he hasn't had the supporting cast around him that Duncan and other players have. However, look at guys like AI, Kobe, etc. Their teams suck just as much, however, they're carrying their respective teams into the playoffs.

When you look at KG, his stats, his MVP award, his All Star game appearances, you'd expect him to have more of an impact on the Wolves than he's had. Wolves have gotten out of the first round in the playoffs once, they've only won their division once or twice, and they're not even in the playoff race for the second straight year this year. KG doesn't demand the ball and take over the game in the 4th quarter like a player of his caliber should.

weebo
03-19-2006, 12:44 PM
I wouldn't necessarily call KG overrated. Now, is he on the same level as a Duncan or Shaq? Not even close. To call him overrated is a bit much IMO.

1Parker1
03-19-2006, 12:45 PM
:lmao Fantasy or Reality: Mavs best team in the West...the one announcer actually said reality and that Avery Johnson is hands down, inch by inch the best coach in the NBA..that he has the Mavs playing defense. WTF are the Spurs playing? :lol

weebo
03-19-2006, 12:49 PM
I don't begrudge anyone for overlooking the Spurs. The way I see it most people expect the Spurs to always be there. They have been winning for such a long stretch that most people I think take them for granted.

Spurologist
03-19-2006, 01:53 PM
100% of this is based on his playoff success or lack thereof