PDA

View Full Version : Beno - Tony P. together

Fabbs
03-19-2006, 01:20 PM
I know it was only the Houston game and because Manu was injured, but what did everyone think of the

Parker 37 minutes
Beno 30 minutes

being on the floor at the same time for a good chunk of the game.
Granted it won't work ongoing, just seeing if you liked what you saw or naw, Houston just sucks, it could have been Tony P and your Grandma.

Spurologist
03-19-2006, 01:49 PM
tp + beno >> tp + vanx

Trooper 2112
03-19-2006, 01:55 PM
tp + beno >> tp + vanx
i missed the game but yeah, i would think so.

Solid D
03-19-2006, 02:23 PM
They've done better together when the Spurs are using only one Big and either Manu or Brent Barry are out there with them.

T Park
03-19-2006, 02:30 PM
tp + beno >> tp + vanx

research February,

New Jersey Nets.

THen come talk to me scooter.

Please_dont_ban_me
03-19-2006, 03:35 PM
I liked it.

Beno doesn't need to always have the ball in his hands. He can hit an open shot, he can also get the ball from someone else, then dribble penetrate and get to the rim or pull up for that little medium-range 10 footer kiss off the glass.

Looked good. Granted, it was houston.

rwb
03-19-2006, 10:35 PM
I don't think the combination worked that well. Beno seems to do better when Tony's on the bench. I kept thinking while watching the Rockets game that every time they were on the floor together it seemed like neither of them knew who to defer to. I think Beno appears more comfortable when he's joined by the other bench players, rather than when he's surrounded by the starters.

exstatic
03-19-2006, 11:04 PM
I liked it.

Beno doesn't need to always have the ball in his hands. He can hit an open shot, he can also get the ball from someone else, then dribble penetrate and get to the rim or pull up for that little medium-range 10 footer kiss off the glass.

Looked good. Granted, it was houston.

That shot is not supposed to be off the glass. Defenders are catching on to the fact that Beno is still moving towards the rim when he releases, and are bumping him to give him a little extra momentum towards the hoop. He'll get trips to the FT line when he learns to stop and pop. If they bump him, he'll get the foul call because it will be obvious that they crashed into him from behind.