03-19-2006, 02:12 PM
:lol :lol :lol :lol

Nice Defense...

Hook Dem
03-19-2006, 02:13 PM
I'll be impressed if they hold the lead till the end! :blah

SequSpur
03-19-2006, 02:18 PM
The Nets are a very good team, I wouldn't be surprised if the banging continues.

Solid D
03-19-2006, 02:19 PM
Are you wearing your number 15 gear?

:fro

SequSpur
03-19-2006, 02:19 PM
Are you wearing your number 15 gear?

Hell yeah and a red head band.

Solid D
03-19-2006, 02:20 PM

T Park
03-19-2006, 02:20 PM
photoshop someone......anyone??? lol perfect oppurtunity

sa_butta
03-19-2006, 02:23 PM
10 point first quarter for the Mavs. But the Mavs are know for being down and coming back quickly, I wouldnt count them out.

exstatic
03-19-2006, 02:26 PM
photoshop someone......anyone??? lol perfect oppurtunity
Sorry. I can't work with a pic that small...

T Park
03-19-2006, 02:28 PM
BURN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lmao

boutons_
03-19-2006, 02:28 PM
Mavs FG shooting 29% vs 49%, plus losing in RBs, ASTs, and TOs.

SequSpur
03-19-2006, 02:35 PM

:flipoff

FromWayDowntown
03-19-2006, 02:39 PM
karma has not been kind to the Spurs in light of threads like this one. I recall "Cavs up 19 on Mavericks" among others.

With that said, GO NETS!

kskonn
03-19-2006, 02:49 PM
even though the mavs are still getting hammered the mavs are still in the game. Atleast that is what the annoncers said, I guess being inside 20 is still in the game.

Ishta
03-19-2006, 03:04 PM
3 words........ GO NETS GO!

loveforthegame
03-19-2006, 03:06 PM
Dirk is willing this team to victory right now. I know they're down 14 but with 6 minutes to go it won't surprise me to see the Mavs steal this game.

I hope they don't but he's been incredible in the 2nd half after the poor first half.

exstatic
03-19-2006, 03:08 PM
Other players are going to have to step up. Dirk is blowing up, but I don't think he can lead them back from -14 by himself.

Winnipeg_Spur
03-19-2006, 03:09 PM
If the Mavs win this game Dirk gets my (imaginary) MVP vote.

themvp
03-19-2006, 03:15 PM
If the Mavs win this game Dirk gets my (imaginary) MVP vote.

wont happen

boutons_
03-19-2006, 03:15 PM
-18 with 3:30 left, Spurs go 1L up on Mavs.

tw05baller
03-19-2006, 03:16 PM
go nets

SequSpur
03-19-2006, 03:17 PM
Dallas doesn't play defense.

The Nets are running a layup drill on them.

Kidd, Jefferson, Carter and Krystic look pretty good... but they aren't going very far because they don't play post defense either.

Duncanfan
03-19-2006, 03:22 PM
Dallas doesn't play defense.

The Nets are running a layup drill on them.

Kidd, Jefferson, Carter and Krystic look pretty good... but they aren't going very far because they don't play post defense either.

They're tired.
The Mavs are a better team that what they've shown tonight.
Personally, I like this loss because it benefits our Spurs, but to judge the Mavs defense by this game is kinda unfair. Everybody knows they're a better defensive team this year.

CubanMustGo
03-19-2006, 03:32 PM
I would think if anyone would be sensitive to how bad teams play on the back end of back-to-backs it would be Spurs fans. Thank goodness we only have three left.

pking
Saying they're tired is kind of whack. Probably valid, but still an excuse that shouldn't be made.

I agree that their D is much better than what showed today, but I wouldn't pull out the "tired team" card. We have crazy injury issues right now but that's something every team goes through.

I'd saying being a .5 game behind the Champs isn't something to fret about. Especially when you consider that we've built this record without playing Defense, right? /sarcasm

Hook Dem
OOPS! Sorry Mavs! :lol

loveforthegame
03-19-2006, 03:36 PM
The Mavs certainly made it interesting at the end there. I think AJ gave up too soon. He took Dirk out with like 4 minutes to go and the Mavs scrubs cut it to 6-7 points with 30 seconds left. Funny that he brought Dirk back in then.

The Nets bench should be ashamed of their performance in those last few minutes though.

pking
03-19-2006, 03:39 PM
The Mavs certainly made it interesting at the end there. I think AJ gave up too soon. He took Dirk out with like 4 minutes to go and the Mavs scrubs cut it to 6-7 points with 30 seconds left. Funny that he brought Dirk back in then.

The Nets bench should be ashamed of their performance in those last few minutes though.

20 point game with little less than 4 minutes to go.. I think it was kind of understandable to pull him. Plus, for whatever fucking reason, they stopped going to Dirk in the 4th (wtf?). I was still surprised to see him wave the flag that early but I thought it was understandable. It was pretty funny that the D-Leaguers and end of the bench guys cut it like that. :lol

jochhejaam
03-19-2006, 03:43 PM
They've lost 4 of their last 11 which isn't that bad except for the fact that they're having trouble with the better teams.
San Antonio-Loss
Charlotte-Win
Phoenix-Loss
Portland-Win
Portland-Win
Utah-Win
Sacramento-Loss
Cleveland-Win
Houston-Win
Washington-Win
New Jersey-Loss

pking
03-19-2006, 03:46 PM
Losing 4 of the last 11 sucks when you consider that before we got to this run, we had won 19 of the previous 20. We were phenomenal against better teams before the AS break. Sucks to see us struggle like this.

Last I heard, Devin and Josh will likley be out at least the remainder of March, probably most of the regular season....Griff and KVH could be back pretty soon. Can't wait to get them all back.

Rummpd
03-19-2006, 03:53 PM
It is reality - Mavs have some injuries and deserve credit for challenging the Spurs this year in the reg season. However, push comes to shove Spurs still by far the better team if healthy.

jochhejaam
03-19-2006, 03:55 PM
You play us the 28th at Det, hopefully some will be back for that game.

We're 5-4 in over our last 9 with no injuries. (have to beat others to that fact :lol )

picnroll
03-19-2006, 03:57 PM
What happened to Howard anyway?

Leetonidas
03-19-2006, 04:00 PM
You play us the 28th at Det, hopefully some will be back for that game.

We're 5-4 in over our last 9 with no injuries. (have to beat others to that fact :lol )

Well, seeing as how the Spurs are back in first, and if it can stay that way, I'll have to root for the Mavs.

pking
03-19-2006, 04:04 PM
What happened to Howard anyway?

Strained hamstring. He's been out since the game against SA on the 2nd. Tried to come back a few days later but only played 4 or 5 minutes and he just wasn't good to go.

Yea, I'm looking forward to that game on the 28th. I really hope we've got some of them back...We've looked so bad lately against the elite. I'd love to put on another show like we did at the AAC in November! :D

:lol

jochhejaam
03-19-2006, 04:14 PM
Yea, I'm looking forward to that game on the 28th. I really hope we've got some of them back...We've looked so bad lately against the elite. I'd love to put on another show like we did at the AAC in November! :D

:lol
I remember the game well, we were down in the 3rd quarter and Rasheed put up a 3 that would have cut the lead to 15, he missed and we ended up losing by 37.
The good news is that this game is in Det and we're 28-2 there. :wow :lol

smeagol
03-19-2006, 04:25 PM
After the AS break, Dallas plays the better teams and loses. DET is having trouble with almost any team. The Spurs, OTOH, play the better teams and wins (except in B2Bs, when we utterly suck!).

Am I the only one thinking SPAM?

1Parker1
03-19-2006, 04:40 PM
I can't wait for the Mavs vs Pistons game. That should be a very exciting game.

However, as a Spurs fan, I'm not sure which team I want to win more. It's a win-win situation either way I guess. However, I guess I'll be rooting for a Pistons loss, since I think Spurs can beat the Mavs without HC advantage.

yeahone
03-19-2006, 04:42 PM
thank you Nets

SAGambler
03-19-2006, 04:49 PM
I can't wait for the Mavs vs Pistons game. That should be a very exciting game.

However, as a Spurs fan, I'm not sure which team I want to win more. It's a win-win situation either way I guess. However, I guess I'll be rooting for a Pistons loss, since I think Spurs can beat the Mavs without HC advantage.

Mavs need to win this one to help us out. As long as we take care of business, we already have HCA over the Mavs.

I see Detroit losing possibly 3 more game. Dallas, Phoenix and one to Miami.

Detroit is struggling right now. Does anyone realize that since Mar 1, they have lost almost every other game, and barely eaked out wins over much inferior opponents?

Some seem to be under the illusion that the Pisons can just "turn it on" when they feel like it. I don't think so. I think the Pistons may have peaked just prior to the All Star Game. If they don't start notching it up, like other teams headed to postseason do at this time of year, they can look forward to watching the Finals while on vacation.

1Parker1
03-19-2006, 04:53 PM
^You're crazy. Pistons will cakewalk to the Finals. Miami may give them a tough time, but I honestly don't see them beating the Pistons 4 games out of 7...especially on the Pistons home floor.

T Park
03-19-2006, 04:59 PM
Are the Pistons still not playing their bench?

I haven't seen a Piston's game since they played the Lakers IN LA a couple sundays ago.

1Parker1
03-19-2006, 05:01 PM
Are the Pistons still not playing their bench?

I haven't seen a Piston's game since they played the Lakers IN LA a couple sundays ago.

Pistons don't really have much of a bench. McDyess and Hunter are the only players that really stands out.

T Park
03-19-2006, 05:05 PM
but guys like Delfino, and a couple others, Cato, maybe Dale Davis.

Using anyone outside McDyess and Hunter.

angel_luv
03-19-2006, 05:07 PM
Dallas lost... whoosh! :)

Holmes_Fans
03-19-2006, 05:24 PM
Mavs got owned today. But Dirk showed he is a leginamate MVP canidate, 35 points in the 2nd half when the rest of his team is doing nothing to try and atleast make it a game.

mavsfan1000
03-19-2006, 05:38 PM
Dallas is really messed up right now without Harris and Howard. They are going to get 4th seed. I can pretty much guarantee it. The question is if they can get healthy by the time the playoffs come. If not than Dallas has no chance against the spurs. I fucking hate injuries. :pctoss

SAGambler
03-19-2006, 05:48 PM
^You're crazy. Pistons will cakewalk to the Finals. Miami may give them a tough time, but I honestly don't see them beating the Pistons 4 games out of 7...especially on the Pistons home floor.

I think we will have a good indication of just exactly how Miami is going to match up to the Pistons this Wed.

Or better yet an indication of whether the Pistons are a team in decline, or if they actually can turn it on to play higher caliber teams than they have faced lately.

I know Miami has been turning out some wins lately, but not really against quality teams.

The game this Wed could have a huge impact on the rest of the season of both these teams.

Dre_7
03-19-2006, 05:53 PM
I fucking hate injuries. :pctoss

I am with ya on that one. It sucks having our two best players hurt all year as well. :pctoss

cs100
03-19-2006, 06:02 PM
Pistons don't really have much of a bench. McDyess and Hunter are the only players that really stands out.

Delk has had some really good games on the offensive side of the court. Evans has played okay.

T Park
03-19-2006, 06:06 PM
Dallas is really messed up right now without Harris and Howard. They are going to get 4th seed. I can pretty much guarantee it. The question is if they can get healthy by the time the playoffs come. If not than Dallas has no chance against the spurs. I fucking hate injuries

IMO

Josh Howard isn't hurt.....

DannyT
03-19-2006, 06:39 PM

its not the size of the boat that counts........

mavsfan1000
03-19-2006, 06:43 PM
IMO

Josh Howard isn't hurt.....
Did you ever get a hamstring injury? If Josh Howard wasn't hurt he would be playing now :stfu

Obstructed_View
03-19-2006, 07:05 PM
It's interesting that the Mavs and their fans talk about all this defense that they play, but they can't seem to stop anyone when their jump shots aren't falling.

T Park
03-19-2006, 07:13 PM
Did you ever get a hamstring injury? If Josh Howard wasn't hurt he would be playing now

you have a short memory.

You said Duncan isn't really hurt.

Just giving you a dose of your own medicine.

1Parker1
03-19-2006, 07:27 PM
I think we will have a good indication of just exactly how Miami is going to match up to the Pistons this Wed.

Or better yet an indication of whether the Pistons are a team in decline, or if they actually can turn it on to play higher caliber teams than they have faced lately.

I know Miami has been turning out some wins lately, but not really against quality teams.

The game this Wed could have a huge impact on the rest of the season of both these teams.

:tu Very true. I didn't realize that the Pistons vs. Heat game was this Wednesday. Is it in Miami or Detroit? Either way, I think Miami will be exposed and the Pistons will come out with the win.

CubanMustGo
03-19-2006, 07:33 PM
:tu Very true. I didn't realize that the Pistons vs. Heat game was this Wednesday. Is it in Miami or Detroit? Either way, I think Miami will be exposed and the Pistons will come out with the win.

Considering Mia enjoyed a 38-17 advantage at the free throw line (on the road!) and still almost lost at the buzzer to Chi last night, methinks you are spot on.

How do you shoot 32% for a game, suffer 22 turnovers (10 by DWade), and still win? Ask the zebras ...

mavsfan1000
03-19-2006, 07:34 PM
you have a short memory.

You said Duncan isn't really hurt.

Just giving you a dose of your own medicine.
Not enough to miss games. Duncan's prescence alone brings confidence to the spurs even if he isn't at his best. I still think people are overrating Duncan's injury since he seems to move fine every time I watch.

T Park
03-19-2006, 07:36 PM
lol.

I think the Mavericks are overrating Josh Howard's injury.

mavsfan1000
03-19-2006, 08:57 PM
lol.

I think the Mavericks are overrating Josh Howard's injury.
The difference between the injuries is Duncan can still play at a high level while Josh can't even play. Once again you are being an :idiot. Also Dallas is missing 3 other players. Take 4 out of the spurs top 9 players and see how well they do.

SAGambler
03-19-2006, 09:02 PM

Pistons get em at home this week and then they play in Miami on Apr 6.

Right now Pistons boast best home court record. However, if you look, they have only played Spurs once and Miami once of the top 5 teams. That is going to change in the next couple of weeks. In fact Detroit has like 10 of their next 12 games against playoff teams.

Which begs to be asked. Was that 37-5 start because they played so many inferior teams. The next couple of weeks is going to answer that question.

aaronstampler
03-19-2006, 09:08 PM
The difference between the injuries is Duncan can still play at a high level while Josh can't even play.

So you're calling Howard a pussy? Pretty gutsy statement from a Mavs fan. And I agree with you completely.

Plus he and Marquis Daniels look like extras from the movie Antz.

td4mvp21
03-19-2006, 09:08 PM
Not enough to miss games. Duncan's prescence alone brings confidence to the spurs even if he isn't at his best. I still think people are overrating Duncan's injury since he seems to move fine every time I watch.

When a guy's ppg is down by four points from his usual, his rebounds are down, his blocks are down, and his fg % are down, and you know its not because he's declining, I'd say its from injury. Its the idiots like you that need to STFU and not people like TPark.

mavsfan1000
03-19-2006, 09:16 PM
Duncan is on the decline anyway. His stats are going down year by year. How do you know it is just the injury and not losing a half step? I expected a small decline this year anyway since he is getting up there in age.

td4mvp21
03-19-2006, 09:18 PM
Duncan is on the decline anyway. His stats are going down year by year. How do you know it is just the injury and not losing a half step? I expected a small decline this year anyway since he is getting up there in age.

He's twenty nine. Dirk is one year younger. So does that mean Dirk's on the decline? I think not.

SequSpur
03-19-2006, 09:18 PM
Memo to Mavsfan,

Your team is going to lose in the first round because your MVP doesn't play defense, I don't give a shit about your injuries, because you jack the ball up with 20 seconds on the shot clock. You don't rebound and you let teams run layup drills on you.

Today, Dirk was more concerned with creating his next shot rather than guarding anyone.

Typical Mavs shit.

Goodbye!

mavsfan1000
03-19-2006, 09:20 PM
He's twenty nine. Dirk is one year younger. So does that mean Dirk's on the decline? I think not.
Everyone ages at a different rate. Bowen actually plays younger than Duncan and Finley.

picnroll
03-19-2006, 09:22 PM
Everyone ages at a different rate. Bowen actually plays younger than Duncan and Finley.
... and Dirk whose ass he kicked the other day.

mavsfan1000
03-19-2006, 09:22 PM
Memo to Mavsfan,

Your team is going to lose in the first round because your MVP doesn't play defense, I don't give a shit about your injuries, because you jack the ball up with 20 seconds on the shot clock. You don't rebound and you let teams run layup drills on you.

Today, Dirk was more concerned with creating his next shot rather than guarding anyone.

Typical Mavs shit.

Goodbye!
Josh Howard and Devin Harris is Dallas's 2 best slashers and defenders. It is amazing that the mavs are 4-2 without them considering how much they mean to the team. Take Parker and Ginobili out and see how well the spurs do.

SequSpur
03-19-2006, 09:25 PM
Josh Howard and Devin Harris are not even close to a Parker and Ginobili.

Conversation wasted.

picnroll
03-19-2006, 09:26 PM
Josh Howard and Devin Harris is Dallas's 2 best slashers and defenders. It is amazing that the mavs are 4-2 without them considering how much they mean to the team. Take Parker and Ginobili out and see how well the spurs do.
You're comparing your backup point guard to Parker and Ginobili? Another year another bunch of Mavs' excuses.

td4mvp21
03-19-2006, 09:26 PM

Wow, Devin Harris is NO WHERE near the talent of Parker or Ginobili. Josh Howard, probably a regular season version of Ginobili at best. So to answer your question, if you take Parker and Ginobili out, we would have a lot less wins. But obviously your team doesn't seem to miss those two players you named all that much.

mavsfan1000
03-19-2006, 09:37 PM
The mavs are 28-4 with them healthy along with the lineup of Diop, Nowitzki, Howard, Griffin, and Terry while they are 5-5 I believe without Harris and Howard. Also don't forget Griffin being injured.

td4mvp21
03-19-2006, 09:39 PM
The mavs are 28-4 with them healthy along with the lineup of Diop, Nowitzki, Howard, Griffin, and Terry while they are 5-5 I believe without Harris and Howard. Also don't forget Griffin being injured.

Cool! Guess what our record would be if our big three were just fien and dandy? BETTER THAN THAT. :flipoff

mavsfan1000
03-19-2006, 09:43 PM
Better than 28-4? I doubt that. Manu has been Beno or whoever San Antonio puts in the lineup seems to get it done. The only player not injured is probably San Antonio's MVP of this year. That is Tony Parker.

Extra Stout
03-19-2006, 10:17 PM
Better than 28-4? I doubt that. Manu has been Beno or whoever San Antonio puts in the lineup seems to get it done. The only player not injured is probably San Antonio's MVP of this year. That is Tony Parker.
Well, the Spurs are 21-4 so far since the midpoint of the season, and that's with the nagging injuries...

Buddy Holly
03-19-2006, 11:26 PM
Holy fuck is MavsFna a ginoumous retarded fucktard.

mavsfan1000
03-19-2006, 11:53 PM
Holy fuck is MavsFna a ginoumous retarded fucktard.
Dude you are the biggest retard on this site and that says a lot of all the spurs fans out there. The best thing for you to do is continue your spurs jerk off session and stop wasting time posting stupid shit like this. :pctoss

kalikot_boy_kr
03-20-2006, 04:23 AM
:elephant MAVS ARE NOT DEPTH THATS WHY!!!!! :elephant HAHAHHA

LEONARD
03-20-2006, 01:33 PM
They've lost 4 of their last 11 which isn't that bad except for the fact that they're having trouble with the better teams.
San Antonio-Loss
Charlotte-Win
Phoenix-Loss
Portland-Win
Portland-Win
Utah-Win
Sacramento-Loss
Cleveland-Win
Houston-Win
Washington-Win
New Jersey-Loss

They're deep enough to overcome the injuries against the weaker teams, but it's tough when you're missing 2 starters, your backup PG, and Dirk's backup.

Honestly, I'm satisfied that they're only 1 loss behind the Spurs at this point. I didn't expect the injuries to linger this long. The Mavs had Mbenga, Marshall, and Powell on the floor in the 1st quarter against the Nets!! There's a difference between bench players and guys that are barely hanging onto a roster spot between the Mavs and the Ft Worth Flyers :o

They have 3 easy games this week (should be easy at least). They need a couple guys back for the Pistons / Cavs back to back on the road the week after though!! :oops

SequSpur
03-20-2006, 02:07 PM
OK... address the fact that against the Nets that your team was jacking up shots with 20 seconds left on the clock?

You fukkin lost period.

Not because of injuries, because you have no defense, you can't rebound and Dirk is worried about his ppg.

STFU.

LEONARD
03-20-2006, 02:34 PM
OK... address the fact that against the Nets that your team was jacking up shots with 20 seconds left on the clock?

That probably had something to do with getting off to a horrible shooting start and getting way behind, and out of their typical gameplan.

The Mavs # of shots per game is down this year vs last year by a signicant amount (about 8-10 shots I believe). This was addressed in the broadcast on Sunday...you must've missed that. That's NOT how the Mavs have been playing this season.

You fukkin lost period. Not because of injuries,

Injuries is certainly part of it...you can't say it's not. They should've still won the game IMO though. Terry, Daniels, and Stack all sucked...and they had no energy. Marshall and Powell got significant miinutes though...they've both played for the Ft Worth Flyers in the past month! All in all, it was a poor effort on a back to back with a depleted roster. It was bound to happen eventually in this stretch they're in right now...

because you have no defense

6th in the league in PPG for opposing teams? Not as good as the Spurs, but saying they have no defense makes no sense at all.

If you're basing your opinions on the game Sunday ONLY, you'd think that they have no defense. They SUCKED yesterday...

you can't rebound

2nd in rebounding differential and 3rd in rpg. The Spurs are 10th & 13th...so they can't rebound either I guess?

But you're right...they didn't rebound worth a damn on Sunday. It was a bad game all around.

Dirk is worried about his ppg.

STFU.

Far from it dude...how many Mavs games have you seen this year?

Dirk was the only one doing ANYTHING yesterday and he was pissed about it so he took it over and starting taking every shot that was even close to being there. That's NOT the norm...

SequSpur
03-20-2006, 06:41 PM
Nets > Mavs

Admit it. You can't play against the top teams. The Nets have been playing well. They have 3 allstars. The Mavs just can't compete.

I am not interested in your pre allstar game stats. I am talking about today, right now. Your team can't rebound, can't play defense and have never heard of the shot clock.

I call it typical mav basketball. Good luck at the lake.

Obstructed_View
03-20-2006, 06:50 PM
Making an effort on defense does not a defensive team make.

mavsfan1000
03-20-2006, 07:15 PM
Nets > Mavs

Admit it. You can't play against the top teams. The Nets have been playing well. They have 3 allstars. The Mavs just can't compete.

I am not interested in your pre allstar game stats. I am talking about today, right now. Your team can't rebound, can't play defense and have never heard of the shot clock.

This argument is just as weak as your Mohammad>Duncan bullshit a couple days ago.

SequSpur
03-20-2006, 08:25 PM
This argument is just as weak as your Mohammad>Duncan bullshit a couple days ago.
:cry

LEONARD
03-21-2006, 09:10 AM
Nets > Mavs

Wow... :smokin

The Mavs are 8-4 against the Pistons, Heats, Spurs, Suns, and Clippers...

Obstructed_View
03-21-2006, 04:46 PM
Those Heats are tough...

LEONARD
03-22-2006, 11:38 AM
Those Heats are tough...

Man, you got me there...I guess I should just stop posting...

(pulling a weak typo = defeat)

mavsfan1000
03-22-2006, 12:36 PM
It doesn't look good when you do typeo's in your argument. People might think you are stoopid or sumthing. :lol

Obstructed_View
03-22-2006, 06:53 PM
Man, you got me there...I guess I should just stop posting...

(pulling a weak typo = defeat)
If you can't grow a fucking sense of humor, then learn to proofread.

LEONARD
03-23-2006, 09:10 AM
If you can't grow a fucking sense of humor, then learn to proofread.

Those Heats are tough... ___ <--- being a dick or being funny?? Not sure.

Those Heats are tough... ;) <--- indicates that you're goofing