PDA

View Full Version : Kobe

1Parker1
03-19-2006, 04:10 PM
Horrible officiating in today's game against the Cavs. Anyone else watch? Lakers ended up losing their 18 point lead and lost by 1.

Kobe had a good game, something like 40 points, 5 assists, 6 rebounds. He was hitting crazy shots in the first half. However, second half, I must have counted at least 6 non-calls which were so blatantly fouls. Everytime, the non-call ended up with a Cavs steal or offensive foul which benefited the Cavs on the other end. Now I know Kobe takes a gazillion shots per game so it doesn't really matter and that he still gets to the line, but this game really showed why the officiating in the NBA is so bad and something really needs to be done about it. Considering the Cavs only won by 1, those calls were important.

Not that I really care the Lakers lost, but I was thinking if those same calls or same things happened to Parker or Manu, I'd be pissed as hell.

Anyone else watch the game?

1Parker1
03-19-2006, 04:14 PM
On a side note, Kobe's clutchness in the final seconds of the game has gone down considerably this season. He missed the last shot agains the Nets the other game, today against the Cavs. Of course, that's probably because teams triple and quadruple team him, since they don't have to guard anyone else, aside from maybe Odom, in the final seconds anyways.

JamStone
03-19-2006, 05:02 PM
Kobe definitely got jobbed by the officials in the second half. He got absolutely no calls when he was hacked, and he was called for a couple that were questionable. And, then the Lakers lose by 2? I recall at least four calls that should have been whistled FOR Kobe. Very questionable officiating.

NuGGeTs-FaN
03-19-2006, 05:21 PM
dang cant people talk about defense or getting hammered without saying someone got 'raped'?

i see it on heaps of forums for bball and its disgusting.....

on the weekend, a lady got drugged, gangraped on an ocean liner near Australia and she died.....

to compare someone getting hammered on a bball court to someone getting raped is shameful , and i know people dont mean it when they say it but still i would think that there should be another word used instead of that

anyway, just my 2 cents.........ive read that word in bball terms about 100 times this month on various bball forums and it has just finally got to me

Obstructed_View
03-19-2006, 06:41 PM
I just think about the irony of using the term "raped" when referring to Kobe...

MaNuMaNiAc
03-19-2006, 06:57 PM
A week ago, I was fixing my porch and I accidentally hammered my thumb, and it hurt like hell! I just feel that to refer to some basketball player getting pushed, shoved, and all around raped is to not do justice to the excrutiating pain that is actually getting "hammered". Just my two cents... http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smirolleyes.gif

1Parker1
03-19-2006, 07:35 PM
home court cooking and ref'ing let cavs win.

kobe was gettin RAPED inside and outside the entire 2half. it was quite brutal. on one play snow and murray double team kobe in the corner, slapping/elbowing his arms and neck, and then manage to steal the ball.

o well, i hate him but respect his game

:tu I remember that play...it had to be the most obvious, blatant foul ever, and it led to a fast break point at the other end, since the refs just considered it "Stealing" the ball.

My point was, that there were at least 5-6 calls like that against him, but I mean the fouls were just SO OBVIOUS!!! Like, any idiot could see them. And it wasn't like they were little touch fouls, he'd get fouled 2,3 times on a play without anything.

I just don't understand NBA officiating. And even though I wasn't rooting for either team, as a basketball fan it was just hard to watch and respect the game that was being played with such horrible officiating.

1Parker1
03-19-2006, 07:38 PM
Oh and Nuggets Fan, I think you're being a little overly sensitive about the whole "raped" thing...I understand where you're coming from (I don't use that word in basketball terms either)...but slang is what it is. And I don't think people honestly mean it in the literal, negative sense. People say things like, "Oh that's so gay!" when they see something stupid or whatever all the time also. If everyone was always so politically correct, we wouldn't have so many debates. Just my two cents.

1Parker1
03-19-2006, 07:40 PM
Kobe definitely got jobbed by the officials in the second half. He got absolutely no calls when he was hacked, and he was called for a couple that were questionable. And, then the Lakers lose by 2? I recall at least four calls that should have been whistled FOR Kobe. Very questionable officiating.

Even worse, they lost by 1. Game could have gone into OT, at least if the refs would have been watching the game.

ALVAREZ6
03-19-2006, 08:01 PM
refs suck fucking balls

ABDENOUR POWER
03-19-2006, 08:30 PM
refs blow.

Rummpd
03-19-2006, 10:28 PM
Kobe got what Duncan seemingly get every night these days.

baseline bum
03-20-2006, 01:14 AM
That game was ridiculous. I remember Odom getting hammered with the game tied and about 7 seconds left and no call, to which Hubie Brown said the refs weren't going to give you any call and give you the game. Next possession, Flip Murray trips and gets 2 free throws to steal it. I don't usually like to blame the refs for a game, but that was one of the worst games I've seen in a long time and Cleveland just got handed that win.

Obstructed_View
03-20-2006, 02:27 AM
That game was ridiculous. I remember Odom getting hammered with the game tied and about 7 seconds left and no call, to which Hubie Brown said the refs weren't going to give you any call and give you the game. Next possession, Flip Murray trips and gets 2 free throws to steal it. I don't usually like to blame the refs for a game, but that was one of the worst games I've seen in a long time and Cleveland just got handed that win.
I didn't see the whole game, but I thought EXACTLY the same thing at the end. I can't see how Odom gets a good look at a shot that would have gone in if he hadn't been fouled, yet Murray totally got bailed out for falling. Hubie Brown is a fucking moron.

1Parker1
03-20-2006, 09:18 AM

:tu You're right. I completely forgot about that play. After the game, Lebron said something about how the game had a playoff-like atomosphere and that the game showed how if the Cavs played as a team, they could be great, etc etc. Just got me thinking though that if a guy like Kobe can get such horrible calls against him...what about the rest of the league?

That game was very un-enjoyable. You'd think I was on the Lakers team by how pissed off it made, even me! :lol

1Parker1
03-20-2006, 09:20 AM
Oh yea, and ABC please get Hubie Brown the fuck out. Dude is so old, makes the game so boring, and his analysis and commentary is usually so one-sided to whichever his favorite team is. You wonder why you're ratings are down, even when you have guys like Kobe and Lebron going head to head? Well, no passing sports fan wants to hear an 80 year old, dry commentator, with absolutely no enthusiam or sense of humor for 2 hours.

MoSpur
03-20-2006, 10:05 AM
I think the officials are tired of Kobe. I know it sounds weird, but I think they are tired of him.

1Parker1
03-20-2006, 10:40 AM
^^That's a little too conspiracy theory.

kalikot_boy_kr
03-20-2006, 10:45 AM
:elephant HAHAHA! HERE WE GO AGAIN, "RAPED?" HOW ABOUT "SUCK"!!!! (sometimes i dont understand this guys)..... :blah "fuck" dimmit" "damn" bullshit" etc.....sanababitch" :blah ..

Sec24Row7
03-20-2006, 11:01 AM
Hubie, Coach Thompson etc can go jump off a cliff as far as I am concerned.

They annoy the hell out of me.

I basically hate Thompson because he is such a blatent racist.

Hubie... the dude knows basketball... but as a color comentator...

Make if Freaking INTERESTING plz...

Manu had an AWESOME move against miami last year when he drove to the baseline then scooped a shot up under shaq after stopping on a dime.

Hubie in a monotone voice: "Degree of difficulty, 100" or something...

Get excited! Drink a few beers before the game!

Get off the Heart medication!

Just do something that lets you actually make me not think about you and think about the game.

1Parker1
03-20-2006, 11:14 AM
Manu had an AWESOME move against miami last year when he drove to the baseline then scooped a shot up under shaq after stopping on a dime.

Hubie in a monotone voice: "Degree of difficulty, 100" or something...

:lol

Obstructed_View
03-20-2006, 06:48 PM
^^That's a little too conspiracy theory.
I agree. The game was bad, but it's never intentionally one-sided. Officials can have bad nights, too.

Fabbs
03-20-2006, 07:17 PM

Odom led with his arm and pushed away on defender. What Hubie said was yes Odom was obviously fouled but Odom obviously made an offensive foul himself. Thus ref decided to go with a non call.

Odor did not have to lead with the arm. He had Iglausus inside the mini circle and would have gotten the call IMO had he not stiff armed.

Obstructed_View
03-20-2006, 08:23 PM
So how do you explain the guy getting bailed out for falling?

mavsfan1000
03-20-2006, 09:04 PM
Kobe not getting all the calls is a conspiracy theory in its own.

Medvedenko
03-20-2006, 09:55 PM
My 2 cents....the game sucked balls....Kobe getting hacked and sodomized on nearly every play down the stretch..still Flip Murray getting like 8 lay ups in a row was the real back breaker...we miss Mihm a lot. Now back to the refs.....oh and Phil and Kobe didn't even protest the refs after that game....

1Parker1
03-21-2006, 09:35 AM
Yep, Lakers seriously missing Mihm. I think if the Lakers manage to somehow get a solid rebounder/defender in the middle, and a better guard than Smush, without giving up Odom...they'd be in ok shape. I think Odom and Kobe + some third defender/scorer would vastly improve the Lakers. They need to deal away guys like Devean George, Smush Parker, and Luke Walton in some kind of package deal.

Medvedenko
03-21-2006, 02:20 PM
Well your assessment is quite correct girl...I still think Dgeorge when healthy is a bright spot this year and Luke is coming on as of late. We'll see though if we can get that elusive third scorer...and odom can go on playing the faciliator role he's accustomed to.

Chris Childs
03-21-2006, 03:39 PM
kobe sucks. hahaahahahahahahahahahaa

mavsfan1000
03-21-2006, 04:31 PM
kobe sucks. hahaahahahahahahahahahaa
Yes he does. :lol The lakers suck as well. :spin

Obstructed_View
03-21-2006, 04:50 PM
Yep, Lakers seriously missing Mihm. I think if the Lakers manage to somehow get a solid rebounder/defender in the middle, and a better guard than Smush, without giving up Odom...they'd be in ok shape. I think Odom and Kobe + some third defender/scorer would vastly improve the Lakers. They need to deal away guys like Devean George, Smush Parker, and Luke Walton in some kind of package deal.
The only problem is Devean George raises the basketball IQ of the team when he's on the floor, which the Lakers desperately need with Odom around.

1Parker1
03-21-2006, 07:03 PM
^You really think so? From the few games I've seen DGeorge play, I wasn't that impressed. They could package him and Luke and get someone better in return in I think.

mavsfan1000
03-21-2006, 07:57 PM
Devean George is an idiot. IQ and Devean George do not go together. He has a lot of talent but intelligence has never seen Devean's game. :lol

Obstructed_View
03-21-2006, 11:23 PM
fixed
That works too. He's certainly smarter than most of the other players on the Lakers, given his championship experience. The Mavericks could use a little of that.

N4th4n
03-22-2006, 12:21 AM
Yes he does. :lol The lakers suck as well. :spin

HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAH 62 points

Chris Childs
03-22-2006, 02:02 AM
HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAH 62 points

hahahahahahahahaahahhaaha
spurs 4
sons 1