PDA

View Full Version : Speaking of Genetics...

Nbadan
03-20-2006, 02:37 PM
http://timmyray.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/bushbrat.jpg
Well, this explains everything!

How to spot a baby conservative
Whiny children, claims a new study, tend to grow up rigid and traditional. Future liberals, on the other hand ...
Mar. 19, 2006
KURT KLEINER
SPECIAL TO THE STAR

Remember the whiny, insecure kid in nursery school, the one who always thought everyone was out to get him, and was always running to the teacher with complaints? Chances are he grew up to be a conservative. At least, he did if he was one of 95 kids from the Berkeley area that social scientists have been tracking for the last 20 years. The confident, resilient, self-reliant kids mostly grew up to be liberals.

The study from the Journal of Research Into Personality isn't going to make the UC Berkeley professor who published it any friends on the right. Similar conclusions a few years ago from another academic saw him excoriated on right-wing blogs, and even led to a Congressional investigation into his research funding.

But the new results are worth a look. In the 1960s Jack Block and his wife and fellow professor Jeanne Block (now deceased) began tracking more than 100 nursery school kids as part of a general study of personality. The kids' personalities were rated at the time by teachers and assistants who had known them for months. There's no reason to think political bias skewed the ratings — the investigators were not looking at political orientation back then. Even if they had been, it's unlikely that 3- and 4-year-olds would have had much idea about their political leanings.

A few decades later, Block followed up with more surveys, looking again at personality, and this time at politics, too. The whiny kids tended to grow up conservative, and turned into rigid young adults who hewed closely to traditional gender roles and were uncomfortable with ambiguity.

Toronto Star (http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/ContentServer?pagename=thestar/Layout/Article_Type1&call_pageid=971358637177&c=Article&cid=1142722231554)

:hat

Cant_Be_Faded
03-20-2006, 03:02 PM
I believe this study.

Seriously most of the douchebag, stuck up, two faced, flat out weird headcases at my former high school are declaring themselves "conservative" on their myspace.

Coincidence? Yeah. Right.

xrayzebra
03-20-2006, 03:09 PM
My. my. And Liberals grow up to be whinny, spiteful and full of themselves.
They believe in hanging chads, no one loves the earth but them and on and on
and on and on.

Nbadan
03-20-2006, 04:34 PM
Oh man, even Darth Cheney's whining now...

http://planetsean.blogspot.com/cheney%20boner%201.jpg
That's not a cell phone in his pocket futhermucker

I made sure both in 2000 and 2004 that the president had other options. I mean, I didn't ask for this job. I didn't campaign for it. I got drafted," Cheney said on CBS television's "Face The Nation."

Being part of the administration was a highlight of his career, Cheney said. "I've now been elected to a second term. I'll serve out my term," he said.

"I don't run anything. I'm not in charge of the White House. I'm not in charge of the Defense Department, as I once was, or a congressman from Wyoming," Cheney said.

Phenomanul
03-20-2006, 05:37 PM
Guess I was an exception....

gtownspur
03-21-2006, 02:09 AM
I believe this study.

Seriously most of the douchebag, stuck up, two faced, flat out weird headcases at my former high school are declaring themselves "conservative" on their myspace.

Oh, so did you finally decide on wether you're a liberal or independent?

Besides this study is so stupid since the whole insecure raging emotional drama shit is prevalent in males and the other traits in females. Does that mean that liberals are full of estrogen.

gtownspur
03-21-2006, 02:10 AM
I believe this study.

Plus only douchebags know about myspace. :lol

cecil collins
03-21-2006, 02:33 AM
I can typically spot a conservative based on their staunch, I don't give a damn about anything but money appearance. Xray sucks. How is he going to bring up hanging chads like it's some preposterous thing. Plus, that wasn't even the biggest deal in Florida that dreadful year. Most of the country hates Bush, except when election time comes and they remember how afraid they are of brown skin.

I wouldn't hold much on the study, but if you are on the left, it seems right.

gtownspur
03-21-2006, 02:57 AM
I can typically spot a conservative based on their staunch, I don't give a damn about anything but money appearance. Xray sucks. How is he going to bring up hanging chads like it's some preposterous thing. Plus, that wasn't even the biggest deal in Florida that dreadful year. Most of the country hates Bush, except when election time comes and they remember how afraid they are of brown skin.

I wouldn't hold much on the study, but if you are on the left, it seems right.

Do they really vato!! esay! orale putos!!!! les get fucked up in here!! i'm like a maching in here homey.... :rolleyes

Mr. Dictionary
03-21-2006, 03:04 AM
tinfoil hat, also tin-foil hat, n.

A piece of headgear worn for the purpose of protecting the brain from such influences as electromagnetic fields, or as a shield against mind control and/or mind reading. Actual tin-foil hats are very rarely used, since the injuries they might guard against are highly speculative, and their effectiveness in preventing such harm would be dubious even if the harm was plausible