PDA

View Full Version : First post and Team Argentina question.

StoneCutter
03-21-2006, 04:26 AM
Hello Everyone,

Being a Spurs fan in Hawaii I don't get much Spurs coverage...so finding this website has really helped me learn more about the team and to keep up with the latest news.

Like many of you I was screaming GINOBILIIIIIIIIII! at my tv before Barkley was. I have been trying to locate a copy of the Argentina games from the past Olympics. I am really interested in the USA and the gold medal games. I was wondering if anyone here could lead me in the right direction.

Now that I have taken my first "shot" I look forward to posting in the future.

MaNuMaNiAc
03-21-2006, 04:37 AM
Welcome to the forum bro. Sorry I have no idea where you could get a copy of the Argentina games on the net. I've got a few friends that have them on video, over here though... ofcourse that's not going to be much help. Hope you find what you looking for.

spurschick
03-21-2006, 08:25 AM
Welcome! What part of Hawaii do you live in? I went to high school and college there.

WalterBenitez
03-21-2006, 08:31 AM
Welcome! What part of Hawaii do you live in? I went to high school and college there.

woow, I want to do my MBA there, but nobody offers me a Scolarship ... :D

btw, no idea where to get those games

CubanMustGo
03-21-2006, 09:16 AM
Hello Everyone,

Being a Spurs fan in Hawaii I don't get much Spurs coverage...so finding this website has really helped me learn more about the team and to keep up with the latest news.

Like many of you I was screaming GINOBILIIIIIIIIII! at my tv before Barkley was. I have been trying to locate a copy of the Argentina games from the past Olympics. I am really interested in the USA and the gold medal games. I was wondering if anyone here could lead me in the right direction.

Welcome.

I hope you don't live in Kauai, they've had a lot of flooding problems the last couple of weeks. Oahu has too, but not like Kauai. In any case, you live in a beautiful part of the world. Only been there twice (honeymoon and tenth anniversary) but love the islands and the people.

If there is a DVD available, no doubt our Argentine contingent will be able to help you out. Good luck.

angel_luv
03-21-2006, 11:11 AM
Hi and welcome.

hendrix
03-21-2006, 11:29 AM
I have been trying to locate a copy of the Argentina games from the past Olympics. I am really interested in the USA and the gold medal games. I was wondering if anyone here could lead me in the right direction.

I found some on emule last year. They might be still there.
HOWEVER I never download that stuff... it's illegal and wrong. I do not support that type of activity and all pirates should go to hell... to hell i tell ya!!

lilmads
03-21-2006, 12:16 PM
Welcome:)

Manu'sMagicalLeftHand
03-21-2006, 12:24 PM
I recorded the games on my DVR (with Spanish commentary), but there is no official DVD which you can purchase.

Hint: Have a look in networks like eMule or BitTorrent. Not that I support that kind of illegal activity, which is very very wrong, and should be punished with life sentences or death penalty.

StoneCutter
03-21-2006, 01:35 PM
I grew up in Waipahu. I live in Pearl City. I went to the University of Hawaii.
Thanks for the welcome.

StoneCutter
03-21-2006, 01:49 PM
Welcome.

I hope you don't live in Kauai, they've had a lot of flooding problems the last couple of weeks. Oahu has too, but not like Kauai. In any case, you live in a beautiful part of the world. Only been there twice (honeymoon and tenth anniversary) but love the islands and the people.

If there is a DVD available, no doubt our Argentine contingent will be able to help you out. Good luck.
Thanks for the concern. I live on Oahu. I am lucky, where I live has not been hit hard. Parts of Kauai have had it much worse.

StoneCutter
03-21-2006, 01:58 PM
I recorded the games on my DVR (with Spanish commentary), but there is no official DVD which you can purchase.

Hint: Have a look in networks like eMule or BitTorrent. Not that I support that kind of illegal activity, which is very very wrong, and should be punished with life sentences or death penalty.
MMLH and hendrix...thanks for the information. It's very helpful to know where not to go. My search continues.

Spurologist
03-21-2006, 02:46 PM
Hello Everyone,

Bienvenue au Forum. Interesting name. I am getting many wrestling images in my head from that. 'Stone Cold Stunner' and 'Diamond cutter'

leemajors
03-21-2006, 02:58 PM
Bienvenue au Forum. Interesting name. I am getting many wrestling images in my head from that. 'Stone Cold Stunner' and 'Diamond cutter'

no simpsons images? "who made Steve Guttenburg a star"

StoneCutter
03-21-2006, 06:11 PM
no simpsons images? "who made Steve Guttenburg a star"
One of my favorite Simpsons episodes is the one with the secret organization known as the Stonecutters. That's not what lead me to use it as my username though. I got the name from a quote that I heard is posted somewhere in the Spurs facilities.

Jacob Riis-Look at a stone cutter hammering away at his rock, perhaps a hundred times without as much as a crack showing in it. Yet at the hundred-and-first blow it will split in two, and I know it was not the last blow that did it, but all that had gone before.

spurschick
03-21-2006, 07:38 PM
I grew up in Waipahu. I live in Pearl City. I went to the University of Hawaii.

A UH grad myself. :tu

hendrix
03-21-2006, 08:19 PM
MMLH and hendrix...thanks for the information. It's very helpful to know where not to go. My search continues.

You got it dude.