PDA

View Full Version : Gerald Wallace

TOP_MODEL_M
03-21-2006, 06:53 AM
Hey guys, I'm new to this forum but I've been a Spurs fan for more than 10 years and I'm really happy I found this site.Seems much better than any other basketball forum I've ever seen.
I don't know if this has been discussed before but I was wondering if there's any realistic way we get Gerald Wallace.I think he's awesome and we could use his athletisism.He's by far my fav non-Spur player.I do believe he'd be a perfect fit behind Bruce and eventually his successor at the 3.
I'm not gonna bore you with a long message, just wanted to know your opinion and I'm really happy to be here, hopefully I make a lot of friends!

MaNuMaNiAc
03-21-2006, 06:55 AM
welcome

TDMVPDPOY
03-21-2006, 07:33 AM
gwallace will be out of our price range what we can offer, dude has nice stats though but isnt he sumtimes inconsistent?

TOP_MODEL_M
03-21-2006, 07:39 AM
He makes roughly $5 mil and has 2 more years on his contract ( if I'm not mistaken ) so we'd have to trade for him.The problem is I doubt the Kittens would be keen on letting him go if they don't get something in exchange and we don't really have anyone attractive.I'd never trade Timmy,Manu,Parker or Bruce.

TDMVPDPOY
03-21-2006, 08:06 AM
hey i trade rasho+sum scrub for brezec+gwallace

TOP_MODEL_M
03-21-2006, 08:17 AM
works ;) why oh why isn't Isaih Thomas Bobcats GM lol

genghisrex
03-21-2006, 08:56 AM
Rasho's a little tall for an Isiah Thomas player, isn't he?

velik_m
03-21-2006, 09:33 AM
I don't know if this has been discussed before but I was wondering if there's any realistic way we get Gerald Wallace.I think he's awesome and we could use his athletisism.He's by far my fav non-Spur player.I do believe he'd be a perfect fit behind Bruce and eventually his successor at the 3.

no way, unless you are willing to trade Duncan.

T-Pain
03-21-2006, 10:05 AM
Hey guys, I'm new to this forum but I've been a Spurs fan for more than 10 years and I'm really happy I found this site.Seems much better than any other basketball forum I've ever seen.
I'm not gonna bore you with a long message, just wanted to know your opinion and I'm really happy to be here, hopefully I make a lot of friends!

Gerald Wallace huh. LeBron is my favorite non-spur player.

CharlieMac
03-21-2006, 10:56 AM
Rasho's a little tall for an Isiah Thomas player, isn't he?

:lol

MoSpur
03-21-2006, 12:45 PM
Welcome. I would love Gerald Wallace in a Spurs uniform, but I doubt he would come to the Spurs because of the money issue.

FreshPrince22
03-21-2006, 09:05 PM
He is overrated. He is very injury prone, and he does not play "Spurs Defense". He gambles for steals, and leaves his man open on the perimeter to "gamble" for a block. He's a stat guy on a bad team.

TDMVPDPOY
03-21-2006, 09:31 PM
brezec just had another 18pt game, we should bring this slovenian over!

TOP_MODEL_M
03-22-2006, 03:24 AM
I don't think he's overrated at all.Yea he gambles sometimes but I'm sure he'd blossom within our system with Pop&Bruce being his tutors.He's extremely talented, yet not a complete player.Yet.And you don't really need to trade Duncan for Wallace.All in all I'd prefer paying him $5 mil than paying Oberto $3 mil.I realize it's highly unrealistic that we get him but I def would wanna see the Spurs getting some real talent, not the Linton Johnson type...My wet dreams also include Dwight Howard and Ben Gordon but that only works out on my PlayStation ;) anyway, thanks for the discussion

ChumpDumper
03-22-2006, 03:26 AM
Buy low.

Can't do that with Wallace.

dragonfly
03-22-2006, 07:05 AM
brezec just had another 18pt game, we should bring this slovenian over!
He had another 22 point game today :smokin
But agree. I'd like to see him play with a better team as well.

MI21
03-22-2006, 09:12 AM
Wallace is to expensive for the Spurs to look at.

Another good, obscure young player is Ryan Gomes. He would fit in nicely as backup PF on the Spurs.