PDA

View Full Version : Nagging question of vital importance

ShoogarBear
03-21-2006, 02:42 PM
Why is it that sometimes, when somebody quotes another post, the border surrounding the quotation changes?

Like in this thread: http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=812597

I see posts #3, 9, 10, 12, 15 all have a white border around their quotation, while posts 19, 21, 22 do not.

Other times, in the Spurs forum, I have noticed that sometimes the font of the quotations is black, other times it's gray.

Please tell me that other people see this and it's not just my impending dementia.

Mrs.Tlong
03-21-2006, 02:49 PM
The 1st quotes were posted while that thread was still in the Spurs forum. It has since moved to the Club.

Slomo
03-21-2006, 02:55 PM
Exactly, the quotes border is generated only the first time that it is displayed, while the other elements are generated "on the fly" - that's why there's a mix of the "Club" skin and the "Normal" skin.
There's actually a command in the admin panel that would force vBulletin to re-render everything - but it would probably freeze the forum, since there'a always a lot of people on it and it's a processor intensive process.

ShoogarBear
03-21-2006, 03:05 PM
Thanks, guys.

The 1st quotes were posted while that thread was still in the Spurs forum. It has since moved to the Club.

Okay, the most interesting thing about this is that it vastly changes my list of candidates about who is posting as Mrs.Tlong.

Slomo
03-21-2006, 03:10 PM
Okay, the most interesting thing about this is that it vastly changes my list of candidates about who is posting as Mrs.Tlong.:lmao

yes, it caught me by surprise too! It's an instant alibi to all my usual suspects :)

tlongII
03-21-2006, 03:14 PM
Thanks, guys.

Okay, the most interesting thing about this is that it vastly changes my list of candidates about who is posting as Mrs.Tlong.

I can guarantee that it AIN'T ME!