PDA

View Full Version : American Idol...Walk the Line

NameDropper
03-21-2006, 08:39 PM
Okay, who else watched that Chris Daugherty dude just rock the house with his version of Johnny Cash's Walk the Line?

Did you like it? I did.

ididnotnothat
03-21-2006, 08:51 PM
I thought it was a strange rendition but he pulled it off....but since when did Vin Diesel sing?

RealEstateDude
03-21-2006, 09:14 PM
Simon is my bro...

Spurminator
03-21-2006, 09:15 PM
Paula's drunk again...

billboardbill
03-21-2006, 09:40 PM
I really like his version. I love Simon, he makes the show, Paula loves everyone, never has an opinion except that they are all wonderful. Simon tells it like it is.

Kdfelicity
03-21-2006, 09:46 PM
I think Chris is full of himself. I don't like him.

Sonia_TX
03-21-2006, 10:05 PM
I have not liked Chris this whole competition...until tonight! I love that song and his rendition was awesome.

Horry For 3!
03-21-2006, 10:07 PM
It was alright, I liked others more than this by him.

adrienne
03-21-2006, 10:22 PM
I thought it was good, but I still just love Elliott's voice. Kellie suprised me and did well tonight, Mandisa was awesome, and I got a little sweaty watching Ace. I'm in love, I'm in love, and I don't care who knows it!

Cant_Be_Faded
03-21-2006, 10:22 PM
Whoa, i Just saw a part of american idol for the first time in a year or so, but theres this dude on that show thats reeeeally brokeback

i think someone in here has a bunch of pics of him

but he's like even wearing makeup i think

JoePublic
03-21-2006, 10:32 PM
This dude is star in the making.

Cant_Be_Faded
03-21-2006, 10:37 PM
roflrofl

Scaroborough Country is talking about American Idol right now, and about how its a sham, same music, political, the winners are pre-scheduled, etc.

They just showed that dude, ace hahahaha

SpursWoman
03-21-2006, 10:38 PM
It's all in good fun. The best part of that whole thing for me is the auditions...I laugh so damn hard at all of these retards that couldn't carry a tune in a dump truck and think somehow that they can....

I think Chris is full of himself. I don't like him.

I don't think he is at all ... he's been in a band and has been singing for a long time. He's just comfortable and confident singing for an audience.

His band has an awesome website. :tu

Of course, he's been my favorite since the auditions ... and I've got a thing for bald guys...and for guys that marry older woman and take on their two kids 10,000 X better than their real dad ever did....and guys named Chris....so I'm a little biased. :lol

I loved it. :)

Sonia_TX
03-21-2006, 11:13 PM
Whoa, i Just saw a part of american idol for the first time in a year or so, but theres this dude on that show thats reeeeally brokeback

i think someone in here has a bunch of pics of him

but he's like even wearing makeup i think

They all wear Make up!

Kdfelicity
03-21-2006, 11:45 PM
Katharine's my fav, she was hot tonight.

SpursWoman
03-22-2006, 09:16 AM
She's may favorite female contestant .... and she sang one of my all-time favorite songs and did an awesome job. :)

katyon6th
03-22-2006, 10:52 AM
Pickler and Chris are my favorites! That girl is just so cute and bubbly, I love it, plus she can sing! And Chris just seems like a natural. Oh, and I like his bald head.

TheRage
03-22-2006, 11:04 AM
most of them sucked ass but that guy pulled off his rendition ok.... while i'm at it..i vote we change the title of american idol...to country idol, cas that's where they are heading. nothing wrong with country at all but let's call a spade a spade.

Kdfelicity
03-22-2006, 11:19 AM
That's why they have Nashville Star.

Sonia_TX
03-22-2006, 11:57 AM
Katharine's my fav, she was hot tonight.

Heck yea!

MaNuMaNiAc
03-22-2006, 12:41 PM
I'm surprised at how Elliot Yamin has been sucking it up as of late. Oh and someone needs to shoot Paula, she is annoying as hell!

MoSpur
03-22-2006, 12:52 PM
Chris did a great job with that song. He didn't sound anything like Cash, but he wasn't intending to. His own version was very good. I think he wins. I want Chicken Little to go home.

TheRage
03-22-2006, 01:15 PM
the news said there is some web site that gets people to try and keep the sucky ones in or something like that... i guess to mess with the show.

SpursWoman
03-22-2006, 01:24 PM
www.dialidol.com

You download the software there. :lol

greywheel
03-22-2006, 02:09 PM
the news said there is some web site that gets people to try and keep the sucky ones in or something like that... i guess to mess with the show.

Vote for the Worst (http://www.votefortheworst.com/)

SpursWoman
03-22-2006, 02:50 PM
Vote for the Worst (http://www.votefortheworst.com/)

There's another one? :wow :lmao

Sweet_P
03-22-2006, 05:40 PM
I really liked chris' version of walk the line it was different....

Sonia_TX
03-22-2006, 06:28 PM
Ok..so I liked the version Chris did but I thought he was original. He scammed us!

Listen (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/samples/B00064AF78/ref=dp_tracks_all_1/102-7258051-7168144?%5Fencoding=UTF8) to Walk The Line covered by someone else and see if Chris didn't do THAT version instead of his own. I feel jipped.

Sweet_P
03-22-2006, 06:35 PM
Ok..so I liked the version Chris did but I thought he was original. He scammed us!

Listen (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/samples/B00064AF78/ref=dp_tracks_all_1/102-7258051-7168144?%5Fencoding=UTF8) to Walk The Line covered by someone else and see if Chris didn't do THAT version instead of his own. I feel jipped.

it sure does sound the same :wow

SpursWoman
03-22-2006, 06:37 PM
I don't ever remember him saying he made it up all by himself...? :wtf

Das Texan
03-22-2006, 06:48 PM
Chris is one-dimensional.

SpursWoman
03-22-2006, 06:50 PM
Chris is one-dimensional.

So is Metallica, Staind, Tool ... I'd pay big bucks to see any of them cut an album of country & showtunes. :tu :lol

For the most part, most singers are one-dimensional. For example...sure Kellie sang a Stevie Wonder song like Stevie Wonder would sing it...and sucked like a mofo.

I don't blame him at all for sticking to what he's good at instead of singing something he sucks at, that he has no intention whatsoever of making a career out of.

To each their own, I guess. All I know is that Kevin needs to go. :drunk

Das Texan
03-22-2006, 06:52 PM
So is Metallica, Staind, Tool ... I'd pay big bucks to see any of them cut an album of country & showtunes. :tu :lol

Ya but this isnt a see who can do only one genre type contest and that alone.

Its supposed to be who can adapt to other genres and how you can handle them.

Chris has not done that in any song yet. Last night was themed after the 50s. Chris took a song that was written in the 50s and then dis-associated everything from it.

Its one thing to make a song you own, but I'm sorry but you need to do it within the theme of a set week.

Sonia_TX
03-22-2006, 06:58 PM
Ok Chris did not exactly say it was his original version of that song but he say that they took a Johnny Cash song and arranged it to a different version that nobody had heard before. Isn't that basically the same thing? I think that majority of people (from other boards I've read) think he created that version himself (even the original poster of this thread said his version).

And yes, Kevin needs to go tonight but I think it might be Lisa.

SpursWoman
03-22-2006, 07:06 PM
Its supposed to be who can adapt to other genres and how you can handle them.

The show is about who is going to be the most popular entertainer who will draw the most $$...it is Simon's label after all. I don't think Kellie Pickler bastardizing Stevie Wonder will cut it...or a dorky 16 year old singing about being someone's part-time lover. :lol

As far as I can tell, there are no rules whatsoever against him singing in the style he prefers. Every contestant on there has the option to do the same thing but choose not to.

T Park
03-22-2006, 07:06 PM
If the long haired blond hippie isn't kicked off this week, im done forever with Idol.

T Park
03-22-2006, 07:08 PM
Bucky.

If that fucker ain't gone tonight, it'll be proven no one in america knows what a good singer is.

That fucker can't sing one lick.

Das Texan
03-22-2006, 07:15 PM
The show is about who is going to be the most popular entertainer who will draw the most $$...it is Simon's label after all. I don't think Kellie Pickler bastardizing Stevie Wonder will cut it...or a dorky 16 year old singing about being someone's part-time lover. :lol

As far as I can tell, there are no rules whatsoever against him singing in the style he prefers. Every contestant on there has the option to do the same thing but choose not to.

so then why even have these themes?

He did a fine job. I'm just tired of seeing the same thing week after week. I want to see a little versatality.

SpursWoman
03-22-2006, 07:25 PM
Also, how is someone who actually does try singing in a different genre and suck at it any less one-dimensional than someone who'd just goes ahead and sings in his own genre and not making an ass out of himself? :lol

I can listen to Staind all day long, every day and I wouldn't get tired of it. I feel the same way about the way he sings. And I wouldn't expect an awful lot of variation when I download his albums, either. :nerd

majority of people (from other boards I've read)

If one of those boards was the AmericanIdol.com boards I went there today...that is by far the worst forum on the internet. It's ruled by nothing but 12 year old Kellie Pickler fans. It really, really, really makes you appreciate this forum sooooo much more. :lol :wow

Das Texan
03-22-2006, 07:51 PM
Also, how is someone who actually does try singing in a different genre and suck at it any less one-dimensional than someone who'd just goes ahead and sings in his own genre and not making an ass out of himself? :lol

I can listen to Staind all day long, every day and I wouldn't get tired of it. I feel the same way about the way he sings. And I wouldn't expect an awful lot of variation when I download his albums, either. :nerd

If one of those boards was the AmericanIdol.com boards I went there today...that is by far the worst forum on the internet. It's ruled by nothing but 12 year old Kellie Pickler fans. It really, really, really makes you appreciate this forum sooooo much more. :lol :wow

they would be one dimensional also, but at least we would know they took a 'shot'

I just dont like how every week its the same thing. I'm tired of it. I want to see him take a chance on something. They should do big band week next week so we can see how he can take a big band song and turn it into a Staind song. That would be quite fun.

MaNuMaNiAc
03-22-2006, 08:02 PM
If the long haired blond hippie isn't kicked off this week, im done forever with Idol.
hmm... where have I heard this before?...http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smirolleyes.gif

T Park
03-22-2006, 09:51 PM
Fuck this show.

Bucky staying on this week is an absolute joke.

Bucky hasn't got a talented bone in his goddamn body.

Kevin isn't the greatest, but he has twice the singing ability that long haired bozo does.

A total joke.

The show blows.

hmm... where have I heard this before?...

Don't like it?

Scroll

Last warning jackass.

adrienne
03-22-2006, 10:23 PM
Did Bucky run over your dog or something T Park?

Sonia_TX
03-22-2006, 10:55 PM
Glad Kevin is gone. About freakin' time!

Sweet_P
03-22-2006, 10:59 PM

i totally agree :elephant

MaNuMaNiAc
03-22-2006, 11:01 PM
Don't like it?

Scroll

Last warning jackass. http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gif what you going to do T Park? put me on ignore? http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smiblabber.gif I'm going to bust your balls about your quitting ass 'till the end of time, get used to it.

Sonia_TX
03-22-2006, 11:07 PM
i totally agree :elephant

oooh I forgot...welcome to the club, Sweet_P! :)

T Park
03-23-2006, 02:54 AM
what you going to do T Park? put me on ignore? I'm going to bust your balls about your quitting ass 'till the end of time, get used to it.

What am I gonna do about it??

Kori already knows, you don't want to find out.

Better put a stop to it, and I mean right now son.

Did Bucky run over your dog or something T Park?

No, he just sucks.

Him being on the AI tour is even more of a joke.

Wich is why Im never watching the show again.

The voting is a joke, and a totally non talented hack like Bucky, getting into the top 10 is a joke.

Sorry that the TRUTH is hard to handle.

Kevin has more talent in his left nostril, than Buck does in his entire back woods tobacco chewing body.

That simple.

MaNuMaNiAc
03-23-2006, 06:01 AM

http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gif you're a joke, and no, I don't think I'll stop "son". Get used to it

Sonia_TX
03-23-2006, 07:13 AM

No, he just sucks.

Him being on the AI tour is even more of a joke.

Wich is why Im never watching the show again.

The voting is a joke, and a totally non talented hack like Bucky, getting into the top 10 is a joke.

Sorry that the TRUTH is hard to handle.

Kevin has more talent in his left nostril, than Buck does in his entire back woods tobacco chewing body.

That simple.

Honestly I'd rather see Bucky on the AI tour than cocky little Chicken Little. I really could not stand the guy. He thought he was hot shit already and the show was in it's early stages of the competition. Before he got kicked out last night I said to my mom "I hope Kevin goes so I don't have to see him on tour" haha