PDA

View Full Version : Kitten Help

Old School Chic
03-22-2006, 01:57 AM
On Feb 14th (Valentine's Day) my cat had 7 kittens.
My family and I attended a funeral out of town this past weekend and when I got back I noticed the Mom Cat was gone :depressed

I went to Petsmart and bought some tiny little feeding bottles and some kitten milk. I am now officially nursing the little brats.
My question is: Has anyone here ever encounter such situation? if so, does the Mom Cat ever come back?

Thanks in advance for any info given on this topic...

Jekka
03-22-2006, 02:03 AM
My family and I attended a funeral out of town this past weekend and when I got back I noticed the Mom Cat was gone :depressed

I went to Petsmart and bought some tiny little feeding bottles and some kitten milk. I am now officially nursing the little brats.
My question is: Has anyone here ever encounter such situation? if so, does the Mom Cat ever come back? (I literally want to kill her for taking off)

When a stray had kittens on the porch of my last apartment she would often come and go. She never did it for more than a few hours though, so I can't speak for your cat so much. The stray on my porch (who I still have now that the kittens all have other homes) was fiercely protective of her kittens, and didn't leave much at first, but the older they got the longer she would stay out sometimes, so she still might come back.

Your kittens are five weeks old (and very much mobile, I remember that age well with four kittens running around a one bedroom apartment), you might be able to start giving them dry food that you soak in water for a few minutes before giving it to them. Call a vet and ask - if they're 5 weeks I can't imagine you needing to bottle feed them much.

The sone
03-22-2006, 02:06 AM
when I got back I noticed the Mom Cat was gone :depressed

must have been a west side cat.

Old School Chic
03-22-2006, 02:07 AM
^^^ Thank you ^^^

I am going to try the dry food idea... It was a big challenge trying to feed these little brats one at a time while the others sat there crying...

Old School Chic
03-22-2006, 02:08 AM
must have been a west side cat.

http://courses.unt.edu/sliu/funny/Drunk%20Cat.jpg

:lol

Trainwreck2100
03-22-2006, 02:11 AM
Kitty Moses law?

Old School Chic
03-22-2006, 02:16 AM
Kitty Moses law?

On my way to Petsmart I passed by a fire station on Babcock & Wurzbach and thought of that...

:lmao

If it hits the news... It wasn't me :angel

Jekka
03-22-2006, 02:39 AM
^^^ Thank you ^^^

I am going to try the dry food idea... It was a big challenge trying to feed these little brats one at a time while the others sat there crying...

I had been leaving dry food out for the mom ever since she started camping out in my storage closet, and I want to say that the kittens were around 5 weeks when they started getting into it themselves, so you should be good to go I would think. They are almost entirely weaned by 6 weeks anyways.

Old School Chic
03-22-2006, 07:09 AM
I had been leaving dry food out for the mom ever since she started camping out in my storage closet, and I want to say that the kittens were around 5 weeks when they started getting into it themselves, so you should be good to go I would think. They are almost entirely weaned by 6 weeks anyways.

Thank you, Sweetie.

I appreciate your advice. These brats woke me up @ 5:15am today.

I just went to the kitchen and filled up a bowl with some wet cat food and gave it to them.
It was funny at first because they all looked at it like WTF
but they stopped crying 10 minutes later. :spin

ObiwanGinobili
03-22-2006, 11:07 AM
I had to do this about 6 years back with 4 kittens that my cat had.
she got hit by a truck.
apparently becoming a mommy didin;t stop her desire to chase down squirrels and mice.

anyway.
they wer 3 weeks when she dies.
we feed them kitty formula at least every 3 or 4 hours for the 1st week, then on demand after that.
At 6 weeks we started giving them dry cat food soaked in kitty formula.
Then wet/dry cat food mixed at 7 weeks. Still gave them 1 bottle day of kitty formula because at that point most kitties are still nursing at that point.
by 9 weeks they were on cat food only.

the thing is, you have to give them alot of personal attention. so that they feel conected to someone atleast.
otherwise you'll have very messed up grown cats.
the kind that pee on things alot and are contantly sucking wool or blankets and "kneading" your couch or carpet.

Old School Chic
03-22-2006, 11:18 AM
the thing is, you have to give them alot of personal attention. so that they feel conected to someone atleast.

My husband and I are both stuck at work... :depressed

I guess they are all going to turn out like this one:
http://courses.unt.edu/sliu/funny/Drunk%20Cat.jpg

ShoogarBear
03-22-2006, 11:22 AM
Please tell me that pic is PhotoShopped. :lol

Old School Chic
03-22-2006, 11:33 AM
Please tell me that pic is PhotoShopped. :lol

Sorry to dissapoint you Shoogar but It's a real pic of a West Side Cat from San Antonio.

:lmao

cherylsteele
03-22-2006, 12:38 PM

My question is: Has anyone here ever encounter such situation? if so, does the Mom Cat ever come back? (I literally want to kill her for taking off)

We adopted a stray in our Apt. complex 1 1/2 ago and she had 5 kittens.....we kept one....a seal tip siamese. Even though the mother never left the kittens....she immediately knew what to do....unlike humans......your predicament surprises me. I would have asked the vet and some employees at Petsmart what to do and if you should worry.

I was the at the birth of the kittens......I was on my vacation last March and it was a fascinating experience.

If you any pointers on what to expect....let me know.

cherylsteele
03-22-2006, 12:40 PM
^^^ Thank you ^^^

According to my vet and many other sources...dry food is best for cats. They digest it better than "wet" food.

cherylsteele
03-22-2006, 12:43 PM
I found it fascinating that I had not real part in training them to eat the cat food......or use the litter box.....it was just instinct for all the kittens.

I have heard of some adult humans that have not mastered either skill yet. :lol

Jekka
03-22-2006, 12:49 PM
I found it fascinating that I had not real part in training them to eat the cat food......or use the litter box.....it was just instinct for all the kittens.

I have heard of some adult humans that have not mastered either skill yet. :lol

When the kittens were still living outside the apartment (before I had to move them inside when some idiot repairman stole the 4 week old runt from my supply closet - the moron got a fucking earful from me, I can't believe he'd think I wouldn't notice) and before they started eating solid food, I noticed that they tended to relieve themselves in one area, so I littertrained them by putting the box right on top of the spot. It worked perfectly, I never had a problem with them not using the litterbox.

cherylsteele
03-22-2006, 12:57 PM
Mom Cat....was there for mine...and they just followed her lead....did have to anything except clean up the mess of the litter they put on the floor trying to bury their stuff. I finally got a covered litter box and that helped cut down on the mess alot.

Once they start learning about the box you should be able to move and they will follow.

I find it fascinating how kittens just have the insticts to do this rather easily and dogs (and humans) need to be vigorously trained.

Ed Helicopter Jones
03-22-2006, 01:20 PM
MMM. . .all this talk about kittens is making me hungry.

Kitten stew. . . .mmmmmm.

Old School Chic
03-22-2006, 02:24 PM
MMM. . .all this talk about kittens is making me hungry.

Kitten stew. . . .mmmmmm.

:nope

Vashner
03-22-2006, 06:09 PM
Someone should of had there cat fixed.....

I am thinking about getting an Uber Maine Coon cat someday...

Nice fat one.

CosmicCowboy
03-22-2006, 06:47 PM
may I suggest...kitten skeet?

http://www.richsalter.btinternet.co.uk/cks2/index.html

Old School Chic
03-22-2006, 09:10 PM
may I suggest...kitten skeet?

http://www.richsalter.btinternet.co.uk/cks2/index.html

:depressed

hussker
03-22-2006, 09:26 PM

I thought I saw them on my way to St Ives!!!

Old School Chic
03-23-2006, 12:20 PM
Update

I'm so sad right now. I called the dog pound across from the zoo and they had my cat. I was so excited to hear that I was going to go pick her up. When I got there it was another cat and the guy said that I was a day late.
My cat was put to sleep yesterday morning. :depressed

I feel like this is all my fault for not calling them first but I thought Kit-Kat was out and about... :cry

Jekka
03-23-2006, 12:39 PM
Update

I'm so sad right now. I called the dog pound across from the zoo and they had my cat. I was so excited to hear that I was going to go pick her up. When I got there it was another cat and the guy said that I was a day late.

I feel like this is all my fault for not calling them first but I thought Kit-Kat was out and about... :cry

That's so sad ... I'm surprised they didn't keep her a little longer since it's pretty obvious when they're nursing :depressed It's not your fault though, cats disappear for no reason all the time when they can go outside. I hope you're doing okay.

valluco
03-23-2006, 12:52 PM
Update

A neighbor trapped your cat and called animal control. That's how it works. I was a Fort Worth Animal Control Officer (fucking dog catcher) for a while when I first moved to the Metroplex and we never bothered chasing stray cats. No Animal Cotrol Dept. in any city does that. We would issue traps to citizens, they would set the traps and catch cats and possums and then call us to come pick them up. 78% of the animals that get picked up get put to sleep.

pache100
03-23-2006, 12:58 PM
Update When I got there it was another cat and the guy said that I was a day late.

My heart is aching for you. I have tears in my eyes. I'm going to go home and hug my cat Dudley when I get off work. This is so sad. I know it's not the same and little compensation now, but at least you have the kitties.

pache100
03-23-2006, 01:02 PM
A neighbor trapped your cat and called animal control. That's how it works. I was a Fort Worth Animal Control Officer (fucking dog catcher) for a while when I first moved to the Metroplex and we never bothered chasing stray cats. No Animal Cotrol Dept. in any city does that. We would issue traps to citizens, they would set the traps and catch cats and possums and then call us to come pick them up. 78% of the animals that get picked up get put to sleep.

That may be true in Ft. Worth, but I used to live in an apartment complex here, and I sat in my car one day and watched the Universal City animal control chase the loose cats in the complex. Most all of them were very tame because they were "community cats" and everyone took care of them and fed them. They chased and caught seven cats that day, using the collar that they can close up. They caught two of them by chasing them inside the pool fence and knocking them into the water. In that case animal control was called by the complex management and THOSE CATS WERE CHASED. I watched for almost three hours. I don't know how long they had already been there chasing those poor things when I got home.

Jekka
03-23-2006, 01:05 PM

That's not necessarily true - it totally depends on your neighborhood. I've been cautioned by my neighbors not to let my cat out because they've picked up residents' cats on numerous occasions - they also used to chase cats in my last apartment complex.

valluco
03-23-2006, 01:16 PM
That's not necessarily true - it totally depends on your neighborhood. I've been cautioned by my neighbors not to let my cat out because they've picked up residents' cats on numerous occasions - they also used to chase cats in my last apartment complex.
SA's animal control is more determined than the ones in DFW I guess or they were just trying to scare residents into keeping their felines contained. The boss man never wanted us to "waste our time trying to catch stray cats because it's impossible, trap em instead". Too fast and the ability to climb fences and walls makes them hard targets.

pache100
03-23-2006, 01:27 PM
SA's animal control is more determined than the ones in DFW I guess or they were just trying to scare residents into keeping their felines contained. The boss man never wanted us to "waste our time trying to catch stray cats because it's impossible, trap em instead". Too fast and the ability to climb fences and walls makes them hard targets.

No one was trying to "scare residents into keeping their felines contained" on the day I watched them round up those cats. That place was deserted during the day back then, almost everyone in the complex worked during the day or slept during the day because they worked nights. There was not another soul around to see what happened except me. And those guys were ENJOYING it. It made me sick. I couldn't sleep for days.

valluco
03-23-2006, 01:48 PM
No one was trying to "scare residents into keeping their felines contained" on the day I watched them round up those cats. That place was deserted during the day back then, almost everyone in the complex worked during the day or slept during the day because they worked nights. There was not another soul around to see what happened except me. And those guys were ENJOYING it. It made me sick. I couldn't sleep for days.
Chasing stray cats is a waste of municipal time and money. Anyway, I can relate to you getting sick over this. One of the reasons I didn't stick around in animal control because I worked with some twisted fucks. I actually LOVE animals and it was painful to see them suffer. They say that euthanasia is painless and the dog or cat doens't feel a thing, but they know what's about to happen. Some of them would get really sad w/ their tails tucked between their legs cowering in a ball and whimpering, others go fucking nuts and try to take a chunk out of anything or anyone near them. Cats get sedated before they get injected with the "blue juice" but dogs get muzzled, put on a cold steel table and poked. If the dog is moving too much durring this time, instead of shooting the stuff into the poor animal's vein some of the stupid lab techs would stab them in the side and shoot it into their organs. I really hated that.

Old School Chic
03-23-2006, 02:32 PM
I called the manager from the apartments where I live and all the bitch said was that the traps were for the skunks and opposums.

I just wish the pound would of kept her longer... :depressed

Silver21_Black20
03-23-2006, 02:44 PM
Sorry to hear about Kit-Kat, OSC.

Old School Chic
03-23-2006, 02:59 PM
Sorry to hear about Kit-Kat, OSC.

Thank you.

Silver21_Black20
03-23-2006, 03:05 PM
I guess I know how you feel. I had three stray cats in my back-yard and two disappeared a couple of months ago and the last one, I haven't seen her for two weeks :( I'm hoping that they are ok and living somewhere else but after hearing the other stories I'm not so sure.

ObiwanGinobili
03-23-2006, 03:06 PM
oh man ! :( that is sooooo sad! :depressed
I am so sorry to hear about your kitty!.... at least you know she wasn't a bad mommy.

Old School Chic
03-23-2006, 03:46 PM
Thank you to everyone for your comforting words...

I will try to post a pic of Kit-Kat in a little while so everyone can see how cute she was... :spin

pache100
03-23-2006, 03:57 PM
OSC, I hope this will help you a little (it has helped me on several occasions):

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

Silver21_Black20
03-23-2006, 04:05 PM
OSC, I hope this will help you a little (it has helped me on several occasions):

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Author unknown...

Wow...that was really heart-warming.

Old School Chic
03-23-2006, 04:07 PM

Author unknown...

Thank you. This is so nice...

pache100
03-23-2006, 04:15 PM
Thank you. This is so nice...

You are very welcome. My vet gives a copy to each person who brings a pet to him that doesn't go home. And there is a copy on the wall in the office.

RashoFan
03-23-2006, 06:39 PM
Pache100, that was beautiful. OSC, my condolences to you. We had to put a cat to sleep last Sat due to illness.

Holt's Cat
03-23-2006, 06:40 PM
They're not mine.

Old School Chic
03-23-2006, 07:40 PM
Pache100, that was beautiful. OSC, my condolences to you. We had to put a cat to sleep last Sat due to illness.

I know the feeling of losing a loved one but didn't realise it would hurt as much to lose a pet. :depressed

I cried at work all day today. :cry

Old School Chic
03-30-2006, 12:03 PM
UPDATE

Since I last posted I have 2 kittens left from the 7 my cat had on Valentine's Day.

Unfortunately, since the kittens were only 5 weeks old when there Mom was gone no one not even the Humane Society could help me. They tried getting me some foster animal care for them but they never called back...
Every day I have been running home from work to feed and care for them as much as I can but I also find myself crying every day because another one is gone.
What I don't understand is why no one wanted to help me with my kittens?
I even called a 24 hour animal hospital and they told me that they could not take them and if they did I had to leave a $200.00 deposit. I told off the lady telling her then why the fuck are you a 24 hour emergency animal hospital if you really don't take care of these type of situations.
Well, I am only posting this information so that all you animal lovers out there can give your pets all the love and attention as if there was no tomorrow...

I miss my Cat (Kit-Kat) so much... :depressed

Like Bob Barker says, Spay and Neuter your pets

Jekka
03-30-2006, 12:09 PM
UPDATE

Since I last posted I have 2 kittens left from the 7 my cat had on Valentine's Day.

Unfortunately, since the kittens were only 5 weeks old when there Mom was gone no one not even the Humane Society could help me. They tried getting me some foster animal care for them but they never called back...
Every day I have been running home from work to feed and care for them as much as I can but I also find myself crying every day because another one is gone.
What I don't understand is why no one wanted to help me with my kittens?
I even called a 24 hour animal hospital and they told me that they could not take them and if they did I had to leave a $200.00 deposit. I told off the lady telling her then why the fuck are you a 24 hour emergency animal hospital if you really don't take care of these type of situations.
Well, I am only posting this information so that all you animal lovers out there can give your pets all the love and attention as if there was no tomorrow...

I miss my Cat (Kit-Kat) so much... :depressed

Like Bob Barker says, Spay and Neuter your pets

I wish I had known you were looking for foster care for them :depressed I'm a full-time student and at home most of the day, and when I'm not there Manny's there, so we could have helped until they were weaned and you could find them homes. Do you still need help with them?

SpursWoman
03-30-2006, 12:10 PM
I am finally down to 6 cats ... 5 of whom are male (which includes the 2 I got from Manny & Jekka :) ). In the last 6 years we've had mostly females and countless litters of kittens. I've scraped I don't know how many off the street ... found one dead under the hot tub, one got stuck between 2 rocks in our fish pond and drown with it's little head only about an inch below the surface (that one was fucked up) ... and some just vanish.

So I was really looking forward to taking this one last female and having her spayed (for some reason I thought because she was less than a year old I couldn't do it yet) ... and now we just found out the bitch is pregnant. User was asking if it was too late for Plan B. :cuss :lol

And she'll probably have all girls. :drunk

I'm very sorry about your kitty, OSC. :depressed

Old School Chic
03-30-2006, 12:15 PM
I am finally down to 6 cats ... 5 of whom are male (which includes the 2 I got from Manny & Jekka :) ). In the last 6 years we've had mostly females and countless litters of kittens. I've scraped I don't know how many off the street ... found one dead under the hot tub, one got stuck between 2 rocks in our fish pond and drown with it's little head only about an inch below the surface (that one was fucked up) ... and some just vanish.

So I was really looking forward to taking this one last female and having her spayed (for some reason I thought because she was less than a year old I couldn't do it yet) ... and now we just found out the bitch is pregnant. User was asking if it was too late for Plan B. :cuss :lol

And she'll probably have all girls. :drunk

I'm very sorry about your kitty, OSC. :depressed

Thank you SW. That's exactly what happened to me with Kit-Kat.
Since she was only 10 months old I figured she was too young to come out pregnant. Boy was I wrong... I put her pic of her and the 7 little ones on my avatar.

Jekka
03-30-2006, 12:28 PM
Since she was only 10 months old I figured she was too young to come out pregnant. Boy was I wrong... I put her pic of her and the 7 little ones on my avatar.

Kit-Kat was adorable, I'm sorry she's gone.

I had no idea they could get pregnant that early, either, but when I took my cat in to the vet right after she'd had the kittens as a stray, the vet told me she was probably only about a year old. My dad took the runt of the litter he adopted (that is now his youngest child) to get spayed at something like 5 months old since the vet said they can start having kittens at around 6 months.

SequSpur
03-30-2006, 12:40 PM
Flat cats are cool. I saw one this morning.

pache100
03-30-2006, 01:21 PM
OSC, if you still need assistance, guidance, or just moral support for the kitties you have left, please email me at [email protected]

I have a friend who does rescues and fostering for the ADL. His wife is a vet tech and they have been doing this for years. They are very good at it and they have saved some kittens that no one thought would survive, babies with terrible things wrong with them (they have lost a few, too). I don't know if he would be willing to take the kittens (they usually have a houseful), but I think he would certainly be able to give you advice and tips. I would be happy to email him and see if he's game. Let me know.

pache100
03-30-2006, 01:25 PM

Love that avatar!

Kittens can come into heat as young as 3 months. Anytime after they first come into heat, they can get pregnant. Most vets will spay as young as 8-12 weeks now. My Mom used to work at a vet's office, and you wouldn't believe some of the heart-breaking stories she told us.

Old School Chic
03-30-2006, 02:13 PM
I wish I had known you were looking for foster care for them :depressed I'm a full-time student and at home most of the day, and when I'm not there Manny's there, so we could have helped until they were weaned and you could find them homes. Do you still need help with them?

Thank you Jekka.

I appreciate your concern, but I'm afraid that when I get home today I will have another bad surprise. God knows I tried everything possible to keep them alive but bad luck struck. :depressed

Old School Chic
03-30-2006, 02:17 PM
Love that avatar!

Kittens can come into heat as young as 3 months. Anytime after they first come into heat, they can get pregnant. Most vets will spay as young as 8-12 weeks now. My Mom used to work at a vet's office, and you wouldn't believe some of the heart-breaking stories she told us.

3 Months :wow

I'm sure there are worst stories then mine and just thinking about all those poor animals out there that don't have a chance at life breaks my heart...

SpursWoman
03-30-2006, 03:30 PM
Kittens can come into heat as young as 3 months. Anytime after they first come into heat, they can get pregnant. Most vets will spay as young as 8-12 weeks now.

See, I didn't know that ... the last I heard is they wouldn't spay them until they were about a year old. That must have been a long time ago. :oops

I was actually just planning on taking her, because she'll be a year old next week. Now I have to figure out what to do with this cat. She's actually my least favorite...she won't let anyone near her with a ten-foot pole (except the male cat, obviously), yet she's the one that screams the loudest when it's dinner time--and that just makes me feel used, which pisses me off. :lol

I really have no desire to be back up to 13 cats....but I have no idea what to do with her. I can't just go drop her off in another neighborhood...I do have somewhat of a conscience. :nerd

Old School Chic
03-30-2006, 03:46 PM
See, I didn't know that ... the last I heard is they wouldn't spay them until they were about a year old. That must have been a long time ago. :oops

I was actually just planning on taking her, because she'll be a year old next week. Now I have to figure out what to do with this cat. She's actually my least favorite...she won't let anyone near her with a ten-foot pole (except the male cat, obviously), yet she's the one that screams the loudest when it's dinner time--and that just makes me feel used, which pisses me off. :lol

I really have no desire to be back up to 13 cats....but I have no idea what to do with her. I can't just go drop her off in another neighborhood...I do have somewhat of a conscience. :nerd

Well since the stupid Humane Society made it so clear to me that they can only take cats 8 weeks and up, you may want to drop her off there. I'm sure she will get spayed and then put up for adoption. :spin

pache100
03-30-2006, 04:24 PM
OSC, I emailed my friend that does rescues/fostering for the Animal Defense League. He is willing to give any advice he can to help you out; as I said, I don't know anyone who has saved more kittens/cats than him. They have saved many kittens who were not weaned when they lost their mommy. I have a phone number I can give you if you'd like to talk to him.

He also said if you want to give the kittens (or any cats) up, take them to the Animal Defense League:

The Animal Defense League of Texas
We take them in, you take them home
The No-Kill Shelter Since 1934
11300 Nacogdoches - San Antonio Texas 78217 - (210)655-1481

That's who my friend and his wife rescue and foster for. It's an excellent organization. My Mom got her little Rosie (she's not actually little any more, she's 17 months old now and weighs 10 pounds :lol ) from them when they were at the PetSmart at The Forum. They do really good work and they care about the animals and what happens to them. An animal has to be in really dire straits for them to put one down.

Let me know if you want the phone #; he works at BAMC.

Old School Chic
03-30-2006, 04:27 PM
OSC, I emailed my friend that does rescues/fostering for the Animal Defense League. He is willing to give any advice he can to help you out; as I said, I don't know anyone who has saved more kittens/cats than him. They have saved many kittens who were not weaned when they lost their mommy. I have a phone number I can give you if you'd like to talk to him.

He also said if you want to give the kittens (or any cats) up, take them to the Animal Defense League:

The Animal Defense League of Texas
We take them in, you take them home
The No-Kill Shelter Since 1934
11300 Nacogdoches - San Antonio Texas 78217 - (210)655-1481

That's who my friend and his wife rescue and foster for. It's an excellent organization. My Mom got her little Rosie (she's not actually little any more, she's 17 months old now and weighs 10 pounds :lol ) from them when they were at the PetSmart at The Forum. They do really good work and they care about the animals and what happens to them. An animal has to be in really dire straits for them to put one down.

Let me know if you want the phone #; he works at BAMC.

Yes, I would like the phone number... I will PM you

I don't think you have the PM option so can you please PM me the number. Thank you

pache100
03-30-2006, 04:32 PM
Yes, I would like the phone number... I will PM you

I don't think you have the PM option so can you please PM me the number. Thank you

I can't PM here at work on this POS computer :depressed .

If you will email me at [email protected] I will send you his name and phone #. He's a really good guy.

Old School Chic
03-30-2006, 04:32 PM
I can't PM here at work on this POS computer :depressed .

If you will email me at [email protected] I will send you his name and phone #. He's a really good guy.

ok.

polandprzem
03-30-2006, 05:21 PM
That's not normal to leave own kits by mother.
Maybe she thought she couldn't hadle them all... (ok stupid joke) :(

You didn't tried to sell those kittens?

Old School Chic
03-30-2006, 05:38 PM
That's not normal to leave own kits by mother.
Maybe she thought she couldn't hadle them all... (ok stupid joke) :(

You didn't tried to sell those kittens?

Sell them? Poland did you not read this whole thread before posting a comment? They are dying on me one by one... You need to get some serious sleep.

polandprzem
03-30-2006, 05:50 PM
I read that they are dying

And I'm very sorry :depressed

But aren't there any zoological stores? (or how you call that? - where you buy animals).

I don't know

I'm sorry for my comment

Old School Chic
03-30-2006, 05:52 PM
I read that they are dying

And I'm very sorry :depressed

But aren't there any zoological stores? (or how you call that? - where you buy animals).

I don't know

I'm sorry for my comment

No need to be sorry. I tried everything In my power to save those kittens but unfortunately It wasn't enough...

When I left home this morning I had 2 left, God only knows if they are still alive...

Old School Chic
03-30-2006, 11:17 PM
Thanks to everyone for all your kind words and support to my kitty story
Unfortunately the last 2 kittens from the litter just died :depressed :cry

spurs=bling
03-30-2006, 11:17 PM
i'm sorry. :(

Old School Chic
03-30-2006, 11:21 PM
i'm sorry. :(

Thanks Blingy

I went to go ceck on them and they were huddled together but had no movement... Eventually I knew this was going to happen but I was hoping it didn't :cry :depressed

pache100
03-31-2006, 08:49 AM
I am so very sorry, OSC. I was so hoping for a different outcome. You did your very best for them.

Duff McCartney
03-31-2006, 12:53 PM
Crazy...my dog had puppies again on Feb 14th. The same day your cat had hers. I had no clue that she was pregnant because it was so close to her last litter.

She had pups on 9/11/05 and again just last month on 2/14/06. Now I have to wait another month or so to get her fixed according to the vet. I already got my other pup fixed but it was crazy. I went from 2 dogs...to 6 dogs, and now back down to 5.

But I'll be giving them away to responsible people.

Old School Chic
04-02-2006, 02:01 AM
Crazy...my dog had puppies again on Feb 14th. The same day your cat had hers. I had no clue that she was pregnant because it was so close to her last litter.

She had pups on 9/11/05 and again just last month on 2/14/06. Now I have to wait another month or so to get her fixed according to the vet. I already got my other pup fixed but it was crazy. I went from 2 dogs...to 6 dogs, and now back down to 5.

@ 8 weeks you can take them to the Humane Society

Kori Ellis
04-02-2006, 02:03 AM

What kind of puppies?

Kori Ellis
04-02-2006, 02:04 AM

Sorry :(

Vashner
04-02-2006, 09:04 AM
RIP... bummer.

Future note, I have had success with condensed milk (cow) and abandoned kittens b4 when I was kid. Well that's what we used to fee them. But we didn't water it back up much just fed it by finger then later small plate.

SpursWoman
04-02-2006, 11:10 AM
Oh man, this is a bad week for kittens. My last female kitty is in the process of miscarrying them all over my patio ... I hope she's done before my daughter wakes up. They look like the little piggies we dissected in college. :(

Old School Chic
04-02-2006, 02:48 PM
Sorry :(

Thank you Kori and SW give us an update on the kittens...

SpursWoman
04-02-2006, 02:56 PM
It was really weird ... I found 3 (dead) that look like she maybe miscarried yesterday, and they were really tiny ... one was about twice the size as the other 3 she had somewhere else (dead) ... one she had was still in it's placenta (dead) looked seriously deformed ...

And then mama kitty was laying on a little carpet on the patio and my daughter walked outside ... she asked me why the cat looked like she was heaving, and then plopped out another one in it's sac right in front of her. That one was still alive...User put on some gloves and cut it out of the sac, and it's still alive..but I don't know what to do with it. It's several weeks premature and no way it's going to survive...but it's still hanging in there, but mama wants nothing to do with it. :(

Kori Ellis
04-02-2006, 03:01 PM
It was really weird ... I found 3 (dead) that look like she maybe miscarried yesterday, and they were really tiny ... one was about twice the size as the other 3 she had somewhere else (dead) ... one she had was still in it's placenta (dead) looked seriously deformed ...

And then mama kitty was laying on a little carpet on the patio and my daughter walked outside ... she asked me why the cat looked like she was heaving, and then plopped out another one in it's sac right in front of her. That one was still alive...User put on some gloves and cut it out of the sac, and it's still alive..but I don't know what to do with it. It's several weeks premature and no way it's going to survive...but it's still hanging in there, but mama wants nothing to do with it. :(

Sad. Are you sure that there's no way it's going to survive? By the way, LJ and Kris were looking for User earlier to play basketball.

Old School Chic
04-02-2006, 03:04 PM

I'm sorry SW.
I know how this animal stuff sux sometimes.
I already told my husband Please! No more animals :depressed

SpursWoman
04-02-2006, 05:53 PM
Thanks ... I wasn't really thrilled about another litter, but I do love cats, so it was sad. I went to Walmart to get some kitten milk & a dropper to at least try and do something with it but it died before I got back. :(

Sad. Are you sure that there's no way it's going to survive? By the way, LJ and Kris were looking for User earlier to play basketball.

Yeah, he'd just gotten home from there when I got back from Walmart ... beet red and sweaty...in not that much better shape than the kitten. It must have been pretty hot today. :lol

Kori Ellis
04-02-2006, 06:14 PM
Yeah, he'd just gotten home from there when I got back from Walmart ... beet red and sweaty...in not that much better shape than the kitten. It must have been pretty hot today. :lol

Yeah LJ got a lot darker too. I didn't know it was that hot outside.