PDA

View Full Version : Prince trashes Boozer's House

Kori Ellis
03-22-2006, 03:24 PM
Prince puts his L.A. landlord into a purple rage
NBA star Carlos Boozer filed suit over an unauthorized purple makeover of his L.A. mansion.
Jon Bream, Star Tribune

http://www.startribune.com/457/story/322256.html

Seven lucky Prince fans will find a ticket in their copy of his new "3121" CD, which was released Tuesday, that is good for a private concert in his home. But the host may have to opt for a change of venue.

Prince was sued by the owner of the $70,000-a-month Los Angeles mansion he is renting because he gave the place an unauthorized purple makeover.

NBA star Carlos Boozer filed suit in January claiming that Prince violated their eight-month lease by "painting the exterior of the [house] with purple striping, Prince symbol and numbers 3121" and installing monogrammed purple carpeting in the master bedroom and a water system "for beauty salon chairs" in a downstairs bedroom. :lmao

Prince's lease on the 10-bedroom, 11-bathroom house in the Hollywood Hills expires May 31.

These purple stylings are typical of Prince's places. Paisley Park, his studio in Chanhassen, is festooned with all kinds of Prince glyphs, including one inlaid in the atrium floor. And remember that he had his first house in Chanhassen painted purple circa 1983.

The booklet to the album "3121" shows photos of a pool table and a master bedroom decorated with giant Prince glyphs.

Los Angeles appears to be the Minnesota star's residence of choice these days. He recorded his new album at 3121, apparently his name for his L.A. haunt, and at Paisley Park.

To celebrate the release of his new CD, Prince gave a midnight concert late Monday at the L.A. landmark Tower Records store on Sunset Boulevard, only a couple of miles from the star's rental house.

In typical Prince fashion, his staff called the store at 4 p.m. requesting to perform there eight hours later, and there was no mention of his appearance on the fabled store's marquee.

According to a publicist for Boozer's team, the Utah Jazz, the forward spent last summer in Los Angeles rehabilitating an injury with a trainer. Boozer declined to comment, the team publicist said.

This dispute came to light Tuesday when the sleuthing website TheSmokingGun.com posted a copy of Boozer's complaint.

The website also indicated that Boozer's lawyers have dropped the complaint for now but that they could file again on the same grounds. On Tuesday, his lawyer declined to comment.

And no surprise, Prince's publicists did not offer comment about the Purple One's latest controversy.

The only detail about his private in-home concert is what's on the sticker for his new album: The chances of winning a ticket to the Willie Wonka-like promotion are 1 in 107,143.

Of course, Prince could get Boozer off his case simply by buying the mansion. It's reportedly for sale for $11.9 million.

ShoogarBear
03-22-2006, 03:58 PM
You just can't make shit like this up.

bdubya
03-22-2006, 04:33 PM
....The website also indicated that Boozer's lawyers have dropped the complaint for now but that they could file again on the same grounds. On Tuesday, his lawyer declined to comment.

After the way Prince abused Charlie Murphy, it's no surprise Boozer is backing down...

http://www.chappellecenter.com/seasontwo/episodes/images/205_3.jpg

Marklar MM
03-22-2006, 05:39 PM
After the way Prince abused Charlie Murphy, it's no surprise Boozer is backing down...

http://www.chappellecenter.com/seasontwo/episodes/images/205_3.jpg

Game...Blouses

1Parker1
03-22-2006, 05:43 PM
:lol At first, I thought this thread was referring to Tayshaun Prince.

Kori Ellis
03-22-2006, 06:09 PM
:lol At first, I thought this thread was referring to Tayshaun Prince.

Yeah I was hoping that's what people would think :lmao

samikeyp
03-22-2006, 06:17 PM
Game...Blouses

:lmao

love that sketch.

CubanMustGo
03-22-2006, 06:48 PM
So why doesn't this rich mook own a house rather than pay someone $70K a month in rent? :bang

Darrin
03-22-2006, 06:49 PM
I totally thought this was about California native Tayshaun Prince.

samikeyp
03-22-2006, 06:58 PM
"computer blue"

"darling picky"

:lol

yeahone
03-22-2006, 07:22 PM
Prince puts his L.A. landlord into a purple rage
NBA star Carlos Boozer filed suit over an unauthorized purple makeover of his L.A. mansion.
Jon Bream, Star Tribune

http://www.startribune.com/457/story/322256.html

Seven lucky Prince fans will find a ticket in their copy of his new "3121" CD, which was released Tuesday, that is good for a private concert in his home. But the host may have to opt for a change of venue.

Prince was sued by the owner of the $70,000-a-month Los Angeles mansion he is renting because he gave the place an unauthorized purple makeover.

NBA star Carlos Boozer filed suit in January claiming that Prince violated their eight-month lease by "painting the exterior of the [house] with purple striping, Prince symbol and numbers 3121" and installing monogrammed purple carpeting in the master bedroom and a water system "for beauty salon chairs" in a downstairs bedroom. :lmao

Prince's lease on the 10-bedroom, 11-bathroom house in the Hollywood Hills expires May 31.

These purple stylings are typical of Prince's places. Paisley Park, his studio in Chanhassen, is festooned with all kinds of Prince glyphs, including one inlaid in the atrium floor. And remember that he had his first house in Chanhassen painted purple circa 1983.

The booklet to the album "3121" shows photos of a pool table and a master bedroom decorated with giant Prince glyphs.

Los Angeles appears to be the Minnesota star's residence of choice these days. He recorded his new album at 3121, apparently his name for his L.A. haunt, and at Paisley Park.

To celebrate the release of his new CD, Prince gave a midnight concert late Monday at the L.A. landmark Tower Records store on Sunset Boulevard, only a couple of miles from the star's rental house.

In typical Prince fashion, his staff called the store at 4 p.m. requesting to perform there eight hours later, and there was no mention of his appearance on the fabled store's marquee.

According to a publicist for Boozer's team, the Utah Jazz, the forward spent last summer in Los Angeles rehabilitating an injury with a trainer. Boozer declined to comment, the team publicist said.

This dispute came to light Tuesday when the sleuthing website TheSmokingGun.com posted a copy of Boozer's complaint.

The website also indicated that Boozer's lawyers have dropped the complaint for now but that they could file again on the same grounds. On Tuesday, his lawyer declined to comment.

And no surprise, Prince's publicists did not offer comment about the Purple One's latest controversy.

The only detail about his private in-home concert is what's on the sticker for his new album: The chances of winning a ticket to the Willie Wonka-like promotion are 1 in 107,143.

Of course, Prince could get Boozer off his case simply by buying the mansion. It's reportedly for sale for $11.9 million.

yeahone
03-22-2006, 07:23 PM

same here

1Parker1
03-22-2006, 07:55 PM

:lol Well it worked. When I saw the thread title, I couldn't believe that Tayshaun would trash a fellow basketball players house....so many possible stories ran through my head before I even opened the thread.