PDA

View Full Version : Showdown in Motown

sa_butta
03-22-2006, 04:10 PM
Can we get a Vbookie for the Heat vs Pistons game?
This should be a good one.

nkdlunch
03-22-2006, 04:36 PM
shaq might not play, heat coming from back-to-back. Detroit -7 pt favorites. Yeah, a real battle in the making :lol

I'll be rooting for the heat anyway, HCA for spurs

bdubya
03-22-2006, 04:52 PM
Pistons got no excuse if they drop this one. I don't expect them to need one, either.

theMUHMEshow
03-22-2006, 04:55 PM
They will be fine...Pistons have been waiting for this...They have only played two playoff teams all month. Flip said before the Atlanta game that the players were talking about Miami then...Chauncey said after that game that he wants Miami and some tougher teams...I guess that Detroit will win...but I do not think they will cover.

ABDENOUR POWER
03-22-2006, 05:37 PM
This will be a great game. Miami gets less credit than they deserve, they are EXTREMELY dangerous. (of course, by playoff time the media will be kissing their feet again ;))

Marklar MM
03-22-2006, 05:42 PM
This will be a great game. Miami gets less credit than they deserve, they are EXTREMELY dangerous. (of course, by playoff time the media will be kissing their feet again ;))

What are you talking about? The media have been riding the Heats dick over this win streak, which includes bottom feeders and a couple playoff teams. Needless to say, some of those bottom feeders beat Detroit, but you get the point. They haven't been playing that great of competition.

SlasherX
03-22-2006, 05:46 PM
shaq might not play, heat coming from back-to-back. Detroit -7 pt favorites. Yeah, a real battle in the making :lol

I'll be rooting for the heat anyway, HCA for spurs

shaq will play, he's just resting to play against the pistons. Just like he did last year.

Game is more important to heat then pistons.

Darrin
03-22-2006, 06:46 PM
Under normal circumstances, I would agree. But everything is set up for the Pistons to win and it just be another day in the NBA. If the Heat win, the press is going to be all over the Pistons for blowing it against a Heat team that was banged up and coming off a back-to-back.

I think the Pistons can only lose this game, they cannot win it. Winning the game would just shut up their critics. If the Heat do what only two other teams have done this season - beat the Pistons at home - end their 15-game home winning streak, and it's off that 18-point explosion by Wade in Miami a few weeks back...people are going to start to wonder who has the better team.

yeahone
03-22-2006, 07:27 PM
it looks like a detriot blow out

Cant_Be_Faded
03-22-2006, 08:18 PM
It does?

It looks to me like Detroit is again being the most whiniest cry babies in the league.

Every call should go our way!!! We're Detroit! [/piston]

nkdlunch
03-22-2006, 08:21 PM
go Heat. even though I like Pistons much more. But HCA...

ALVAREZ6
03-22-2006, 08:25 PM
If the Pistons lose and the Spurs win, the Spurs would have the best record in the NBA.

midgetonadonkey
03-22-2006, 08:37 PM
Fuck Detroit. They are down now and Wade only has 1 point. Wait until he heats up.

Cant_Be_Faded
03-22-2006, 08:54 PM
Typical. Alonzo Mourning gets injured, meanwhile Detroit keeps rolling with the same starting 5 all season.

Marklar MM
03-22-2006, 08:57 PM
Fuck Detroit. They are down now and Wade only has 1 point. Wait until he heats up.

Hell, the way Detroit is playing offensively, they can only go up.

Cant_Be_Faded
03-22-2006, 09:03 PM
Detroit's not doing this to themselves, Miami is playing surprisingly good D.

I still don't understand why they just dont run pick n rolls and shoot jump shots constantly for every play. Detroit seems to be the Jumpshot Kings now.

DarkReign
03-22-2006, 09:05 PM
Has anyone seen Rasheed Wallace?

Swore we traded for some dude named Wallace....

angel_luv
03-22-2006, 09:08 PM
One more half Miami! Keep it up!

yeahone
03-22-2006, 09:18 PM
Lets go Miami

Cant_Be_Faded
03-22-2006, 09:26 PM
rofl

How many DPOY did Ben Wallce earn?? How many Pistons posters here say he can guard shaq?

Now. How many shots has Shaq hit on Ben?
Exactly.

Most undeserving dpoy ever.

nkdlunch
03-22-2006, 09:27 PM
he's shaq's most valuable ragdoll

Pistons < Spurs
03-22-2006, 09:39 PM
rofl

How many DPOY did Ben Wallce earn?? How many Pistons posters here say he can guard shaq?

Now. How many shots has Shaq hit on Ben?
Exactly.

Most undeserving dpoy ever.

I don't think any Piston fan will ever say that Ben can STOP Shaq. But he can typically do just as good on him by himself as most teams do doubling him.

No one can stop Shaq. Thats just the way it is.

But that surely doesn't make Ben an undeserving DPOY.
:rolleyes

nkdlunch
03-22-2006, 09:39 PM
But he can typically do just as good on him by himself as most teams do doubling him.

is that why, FLip decided to double him now?

Cant_Be_Faded
03-22-2006, 09:41 PM
I don't think any Piston fan will ever say that Ben can STOP Shaq. But he can typically do just as good on him by himself as most teams do doubling him.

No one can stop Shaq. Thats just the way it is.

But that surely doesn't make Ben an undeserving DPOY.
:rolleyes

I am feeling like ass so i wont dig out the times you guys all say he can "guard shaq", but...

0wned

Pistons < Spurs
03-22-2006, 09:43 PM

On occasion we will double. But from a gameplan standpoint, He is Bens man, and Bens alone.

And usually when we do double him, it's more the players reacting to what's happening on the floor at that instance as opposed to a coach calling for it.

T-Pain
03-22-2006, 09:44 PM
someone needs to slap Bill Walton upside his head

Pistons < Spurs
03-22-2006, 09:46 PM
I am feeling like ass so i wont dig out the times you guys all say he can "guard shaq", but...

Guarding Shaq doesn't mean stopping Shaq.

He's going to get his.

Ben does a better job on him than 99% of all the other guys in the L.

Pistons < Spurs
03-22-2006, 09:46 PM
someone needs to slap Bill Walton upside his head

Agreed. I can't stand listening to his dumbass.

nkdlunch
03-22-2006, 09:47 PM
On occasion we will double. But from a gameplan standpoint, He is Bens man, and Bens alone.

And usually when we do double him, it's more the players reacting to what's happening on the floor at that instance as opposed to a coach calling for it.

stop being a homer dude. just accept Ben is Shaq's bitch. Last playoffs the Heat almost win because Shaq abused the hell out of Ben Wallace. Ben is a great defender but he needs help , alot of help guarding SHaq. face it

Pistons < Spurs
03-22-2006, 09:52 PM
stop being a homer dude. just accept Ben is Shaq's bitch. Last playoffs the Heat almost win because Shaq abused the hell out of Ben Wallace. Ben is a great defender but he needs help , alot of help guarding SHaq. face it

Ridiculious. Who'se being a homer? I'm not making Ben more than he is. I've stated that Ben cannot stop him. If Miami would actually give Shaq the ball more his stats would even be better.

The fact is though, that Ben is probably the best player in the L at gurading him. Again, guarding does not mean stopping.

And my initial post was mostly to offer a rebuttal to CBF's silly remark that Ben is the most undeserving DPOY.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
03-22-2006, 09:53 PM
Walton slurping on "the body crafted by Michaelangelo in a dream..."

:lol

Pistons < Spurs
03-22-2006, 09:54 PM

No doubt! What was up with that? It reminded me of him going on and on about Jason Kidds emerald green eyes.

DarkReign
03-22-2006, 09:54 PM
Oooooh, dont you Spurs fans get your panties in a bunch because Ben does better one on one than any player on your team. Shaq is going to score, unless Shaq has a bad game. Period.

He is scoring today, but for every dunk and baby hook, hes getting puched outside the paint and his own team cant go to him consistently.

Otherwise...

Im still wondering about this guy we have named Rasheed Wallace. I just havent seen him yet.

Leetonidas
03-22-2006, 09:55 PM
Ridiculious. Who'se being a homer? I'm not making Ben more than he is. I've stated that Ben cannot stop him. If Miami would actually give Shaq the ball more his stats would even be better.

The fact is though, that Ben is probably the best player in the L at gurading him. Again, guarding does not mean stopping.

And my initial post was mostly to offer a rebuttal to CBF's silly remark that Ben is the most undeserving DPOY.

I think Rasho Nesterovic is best at guarding Shaq. :king

nkdlunch

you said Ben guarding Shaq is equivalent to other teams doubling him. :lol that's fucking crazy. The fact is no one person can guard Shaq, Ben just looks silly tryin to do it.

answer why as soon as FLip decided to double Shaq, Detroit came back and took the lead?????

nkdlunch
yes, and Rasho is just as good as guarding Shaq as Ben. And Spurs STILL end up doubling Shaq.

Pistons < Spurs
Im still wondering about this guy we have named Rasheed Wallace. I just havent seen him yet.

Who's that? The name sounds familiar.....

nkdlunch
03-22-2006, 09:57 PM
Hey Piston fans, why is Delfino not playing??

03-22-2006, 09:58 PM
Dear God, can Delfino see some of Evans minutes?

Please??

03-22-2006, 09:58 PM

Flip's got a boner for Evans...

Pistons < Spurs
03-22-2006, 10:00 PM

Evans is Flips boy. He brought him in to Minnesota, and seems to be more comfortable playing him.

Ever since we picked up Delk, Delfino has barely played.....much to the dismay of most Piston fans.

carina_gino20
03-22-2006, 10:02 PM
isn't Delfino > Evans?

nkdlunch
03-22-2006, 10:03 PM
isn't Delfino > Evans?

hell yeah. Delfino could start in most teams

DarkReign
03-22-2006, 10:04 PM
Delfino>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Evans

But Flip has a boner, only Mrs Saunders could knock that thing down.

Pistons < Spurs
03-22-2006, 10:05 PM
isn't Delfino > Evans?

YES

He is much more versatile offensively. Has much better ball control. Has better vision of the floor. Better passer. Has better hands....Evans has hands as soft as boulders. And he is a much better man defender.

I really cannot explain why he doesn't get any run.

My biggest fear is that he gets Darko'd, doesn't make the playoff roster, and we end up losing him via trade, or when his contract is up.

03-22-2006, 10:05 PM
LeBron's dunks are just plain nasty...

Pistons < Spurs
03-22-2006, 10:07 PM
C'mon Pistons!!!

ReppinTheD
03-22-2006, 10:09 PM
Pistons turning up their game...mcdyess has been huge!!

03-22-2006, 10:09 PM
It's fucking great when Walton gets cut off like that...

DarkReign
03-22-2006, 10:10 PM
Wheres that mofo named Wallace?!

All I see is Antoooonio....Miggety-Miggety-Miggety-McDYESS!

Pistons < Spurs
03-22-2006, 10:10 PM
Pistons turning up their game...mcdyess has been huge!!

His shooting stroke is so damn pretty to watch.

ReppinTheD
03-22-2006, 10:14 PM
Chauncey checking back in...its time to take this game away from the heat.

Pistons < Spurs
03-22-2006, 10:15 PM
BS.

Shaq get so many damn calls......

DarkReign
03-22-2006, 10:18 PM
Goddamn! Get em Pistons!

Win or lose, these motherfuckers DO have a switch! And they control the operation!

03-22-2006, 10:18 PM
McDyess gets no love from the refs yet again.

03-22-2006, 10:21 PM
If Miami ever figures out to let Shaq touch the ball, they'll be pretty good...

Pistons < Spurs
03-22-2006, 10:22 PM
If Miami ever figures out to let Shaq touch the ball, they'll be pretty good...

Bingo.

How many times have we seen Shaq be great early....only to see his touches dissapear down the stretch.

Pistons < Spurs
03-22-2006, 10:23 PM
Walker with another airball....out of a timeout!!!!

Pistons < Spurs
03-22-2006, 10:24 PM
Game Over.

timvp
03-22-2006, 10:28 PM
Only way the Heat win more than one game against the Pistons is if Antoine Walker is offed.

Pistons < Spurs
03-22-2006, 10:33 PM
I'll take the win.....but I can't help but feel that we dodged a bullet tonight.

We're still not playing Detroit Basketball.....at least not for the whole game.

DarkReign
03-22-2006, 10:34 PM
It seems funny to me that the Pistons have their worst half in scoring all season, then the Pistons force Miami into their worst half of their season.

Shaq = man amongst boys. Miami has a chance if he stays healthy. But it was obvious he wore out in the end.

Good game. Another W.

Looking very much forward to the next game (Spurs vs Nuggets).

Cant_Be_Faded
03-22-2006, 10:37 PM
rofl

Good win by the Pistons. They stepped it up when it counted.

Also props to Antone Walker's decision making. He should be a point forward with that bball iq.

Cant_Be_Faded
03-22-2006, 10:37 PM
BS.

Shaq get so many damn calls......

rofl
wait till the playoffs

Pistons < Spurs
03-22-2006, 10:38 PM
rofl
wait till the playoffs

...so true.

jochhejaam
03-22-2006, 10:40 PM
Down by 12 win by 9, good win. 30-2 at home.

Cant_Be_Faded
03-22-2006, 10:40 PM
...so true.

"They're gonna let Shaq get away with murder in the playoffs"

Cant_Be_Faded
03-22-2006, 10:41 PM
I still dont get why the Pistons don't take more jumpshots.
I couldn't watch all of the second, but it seems to me that McDyess is a jumpshot king, Richard Hamilton is now the best 3 pt shooter in the league, Billups is still billups, and Tayshaun hits long range jumpers like a King.

When did yall become the fucking mavs

FreshPrince22
03-22-2006, 10:47 PM
I still dont get why the Pistons don't take more jumpshots.
I couldn't watch all of the second, but it seems to me that McDyess is a jumpshot king, Richard Hamilton is now the best 3 pt shooter in the league, Billups is still billups, and Tayshaun hits long range jumpers like a King.

When did yall become the fucking mavs

Tayshaun is a crap jumpshooter. He did almost all of his damage in the paint. He hit maybe 2 jumpers. McDyess is unstoppable on those mid-range shots. That's his game, and he hits at over 50% on them. Rip shoots 47% from three (Bowen-style from the corners). Not to mention he's the best mid-range shooter in the league. Chauncey had an off night, but still got himself to the line. It's the same team offensively, they are just being used to their strengths a little more. After that horrid shooting first half, they deserved a few guys to get hot.

Pistons < Spurs
03-22-2006, 10:54 PM
Tayshaun is a crap jumpshooter. He did almost all of his damage in the paint.

See I actually think he's a pretty good mid-range jump shooter...........it's just that he has that awkward shot that takes soooooooo damn long to get off. If he's open, and given enough time he'll hit it. He needs to learn when to take it, and when to pass or drive.

As you said, most of his work was in tha paint. He is also porbably our best consistent option in the paint. Not to mention all the fastbreak dunks he gets. Sheed is obviously more skilled in that regard........he would just rather shoot 3's all night. :rolleyes

FreshPrince22
03-22-2006, 11:03 PM
See I actually think he's a pretty good mid-range jump shooter...........it's just that he has that awkward shot that takes soooooooo damn long to get off. If he's open, and given enough time he'll hit it. He needs to learn when to take it, and when to pass or drive.

As you said, most of his work was in tha paint. He is also porbably our best consistent option in the paint. Not to mention all the fastbreak dunks he gets. Sheed is obviously more skilled in that regard........he would just rather shoot 3's all night. :rolleyes

Tayshaun's jumper was good last year. It was a damn good. This year he has been WAY off. It's weird, everyone else became a better shooter, and he got significantly worse. He has been playing well over the last couple games though.

Pistons < Spurs
03-22-2006, 11:07 PM
He has been playing well over the last couple games though.

Cross your fingers.......

mavsfan1000
03-22-2006, 11:16 PM
Has anyone benefited more from injuries than Detroit in the history of the nba?

JamStone
03-22-2006, 11:20 PM

Joe Dumars is from Louisiana ... as in he has voodoo powers.

As a Pistons fan, I won't complain about good luck. I certainly don't wish any injury to any player, including any palyer on a rival team. But, I'm not going to lose sleep over winning games or playoff series or championships with the help of injuries to players on the opposing team. I'd rather beat a team at full strength. But, I'm not going to complain if injury is a factor and the Pistons win.

FreshPrince22
03-22-2006, 11:23 PM

:lol Are you fucking Mark Cuban? Seriously, I've never seen a more whiney, asshole, hater in my life.

:cry Keep crying, you need to get warmed up for the post-season.

mavsfan1000
03-22-2006, 11:25 PM
Believe it or not I rooted for Detroit tonight. I'm just stating facts.

1Parker1
03-22-2006, 11:26 PM
Heat suck.

FreshPrince22
03-22-2006, 11:38 PM

This Delfino/Evans crap gives me a freaking migraine. Delfino is so much better than "No D" Mo it's not even funny. Flip is playing favorites, and the Delfino is the one getting screwed. It's only a matter of time before he asks for a trade and blows up for another team. The guy has all of the skills to be a star in this league on both ends of the floor.

Hopefully Dumars will Pull a Prince/Curry. Carlisle played favorites with playing Curry over Tayshaun, so Dumars immediately traded Curry in the offseason.

Darrin
03-22-2006, 11:40 PM
Let me state a few facts of my own: I told you Detroit couldn't win this game. If the Pistons won, there would be some reason as to why, and if Detroit lost, it would be all-day, all-night "What's wrong with the Pistons?"

I point to the closing minutes of the game on ESPN. Lisa Salters did a report, not on how good the Detroit defense was against D-Wade, rather how he injured himself the game before. It's a built-in excuse.

The next moment, Bill Walton says the game turned when Alonzo Mourning went out, despite the Heat gaining a 10 game lead on the Pistons last season with a backup center named Michael Doleac, who is still on the Heat roster.

Mike Tirico then brings up that Home-court throughout guarantees nothing. The Pistons won game seven in Miami, if San Antonio doesn't make the big shot over Detroit in game five at the Palace, the Pistons could've won the series (never mind their were better examples to be had, like the 2004 Finals that didn't include a 'what if?'). He goes on to say that "Don't tell me San Antonio, Dallas, Miami, and Phoenix can't win the big game on the road."

Why all this negative press towards the Pistons? It has nothing to do with a bias, as my brethren will probably claim. Disney is going to have to broadcast a series between these two and if it appears that the team with the 9 1/2 game lead can't lose, guess who gets the bad end of the ratings? If the Pistons make the Finals, again, they have to have some suspense.

That's why they asserted this game was more important for the Pistons, than the Heat. As if the Heat didn't have anything to prove.

It's all about business. No one at ESPN gives a damn who wins these games, and they don't have favorites. The only thing they wish for is money.

FreshPrince22
03-22-2006, 11:49 PM
Let me state a few facts of my own: I told you Detroit couldn't win this game. If the Pistons won, there would be some reason as to why, and if Detroit lost, it would be all-day, all-night "What's wrong with the Pistons?"

I point to the closing minutes of the game on ESPN. Lisa Salters did a report, not on how good the Detroit defense was against D-Wade, rather how he injured himself the game before. It's a built-in excuse.

The next moment, Bill Walton says the game turned when Alonzo Mourning went out, despite the Heat gaining a 10 game lead on the Pistons last season with a backup center named Michael Doleac, who is still on the Heat roster.

Mike Tirico then brings up that Home-court throughout guarantees nothing. The Pistons won game seven in Miami, if San Antonio doesn't make the big shot over Detroit in game five at the Palace, the Pistons could've won the series (never mind their were better examples to be had, like the 2004 Finals that didn't include a 'what if?'). He goes on to say that "Don't tell me San Antonio, Dallas, Miami, and Phoenix can't win the big game on the road."

Why all this negative press towards the Pistons? It has nothing to do with a bias, as my brethren will probably claim. Disney is going to have to broadcast a series between these two and if it appears that the team with the 9 1/2 game lead can't lose, guess who gets the bad end of the ratings? If the Pistons make the Finals, again, they have to have some suspense.

That's why they asserted this game was more important for the Pistons, than the Heat. As if the Heat didn't have anything to prove.

It's all about business. No one at ESPN gives a damn who wins these games, and they don't have favorites. The only thing they wish for is money.

ESPN loves the flavor of the week. It was the Pistons at first, then the Mavs/Spurs, and now it's the Heat. They always ride the bandwagon.

freedom&justice
03-22-2006, 11:49 PM

That is SO gay..Bill needs to come out of the closet. :lol

Darrin
03-22-2006, 11:51 PM
ESPN loves the flavor of the week. It was the Pistons at first, then the Mavs/Spurs, and now it's the Heat. They always ride the bandwagon.

Look at that list: They are preparing for all potential teams in the NBA Finals. Tirico even through in the outside chance of New Jersey making the Conference Finals JUST IN CASE THE HEAT CHOKE! They don't care, as long as they don't end up backing the LA Lakers, Sacramento Kings, Dallas Mavericks, and say they don't care about the East when they wind up with San Antonio and New Jersey in the NBA Finals.

Everything ESPN has done since 2002-03 has been about ratings over basketball. It's why I want different broadcasting partners.

theMUHMEshow
03-23-2006, 12:21 AM
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y266/jm_phenom23/IMG_0143.jpg

Not here....lol

theMUHMEshow
03-23-2006, 12:26 AM

The guy is JUST LIKE DARKO at practice...I have had a chance to go to a few practices the past few weeks and the kid just does not get it. Another case of the "I deserve to play...but I am not going to work hard for the PT" guy...whatever F him

Darrin
03-23-2006, 12:54 AM
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y266/jm_phenom23/IMG_0143.jpg

Not here....lol

He's actually not that bad at the Palace. He shoots .516 from the field, 20.0 ppg, 5.6 apg, 1.78 spg, and 2.89 tos. The Heat haven't done well. They are 2-8, including the playoffs, at the Palace in the Dwyane Wade era. The wins came in late December of 2004 when Wade had a triple-double (31 points, 10 rebounds, 10 assists) and in Game 3 of last year's playoffs. They've had a couple of games like this one, a big early lead, and then they end up losing. But Wade has actually been okay in most of those games. He's had a couple where he's taken like 5 shots or something, but his percentage has stayed high.

FreshPrince22
03-23-2006, 01:20 AM
The guy is JUST LIKE DARKO at practice...I have had a chance to go to a few practices the past few weeks and the kid just does not get it. Another case of the "I deserve to play...but I am not going to work hard for the PT" guy...whatever F him

That's not what Flip says. Flip says the guy is in there before everyone, and he stays after everyone working on his game. Maybe the guys that don't look like they work hard in practice are just players that don't get a big opportunity in practice? Why should I assume practice is any different from the game? If Flip has no intention of playing Delfino why would he do anything different in practice?

FreshPrince22
03-23-2006, 01:23 AM
The Heat haven't done well. They are 1-8, including the playoffs, at the Palace in the Dwyane Wade era.

Well... I've been to 2 games at the Palace that the Pistons lost against a Wade led Heat team. He had a triple double in the first one, and the other was the playoff game you were talking about.

Darrin
03-23-2006, 01:43 AM
Well... I've been to 2 games at the Palace that the Pistons lost against a Wade led Heat team. He had a triple double in the first one, and the other was the playoff game you were talking about.

I apolgize - that's 2-8. For some reason I thought that one of the Pistons alternate opponents (3 games for opponent in Conference, but outside Division) in 2005. I found the November game in the 04-05 season, and didn't see the December 30th game. Both the Heat's record, and his stats have been fixed.

jochhejaam
03-23-2006, 07:34 AM
Typical remarks from Shaq about the loss, "It wasn't anything they did". Okay then, you're team just sucks. :lol

Contrast Shaq's remarks with Riley's, "We came out strong, but we couldn't finish it and you've got to give them credit," Riley said

A season low 34.9 percent by the Pistons and they still closed the game 47-26.

Wades 13 points (3-15 fg's) a season low.

Miami's 30 points in the 2nd half a season low.

Miami's 73 for the game a season low (previous low 76 at Dallas).

TDMVPDPOY
03-23-2006, 07:58 AM
pistons made dwade look like a mvp pretender candidate

bdubya
03-23-2006, 10:36 AM

Maybe I'm just paranoid (okay, no "maybe" to it) but did it seem like a lot of the ads that ran happened to show the Pistons getting lit the hell up? The Pistons got a lot of screen time in the ad breaks, and the only bucket I saw in their favor was a dunk by some vermin from Ice Age 2. :wtf

FreshPrince22
03-23-2006, 10:46 AM
pistons made dwade look like a mvp pretender candidate

That's what happens when you put Rip and Lindsey (and Delfino if Flip had a clue) on the quick slashers instead of Tayshaun. I think we'll see Rip on Manu in the playoffs if the Pistons/Spurs matchup. Rip has really seemed to step up his defense against elite players.

nkdlunch
03-23-2006, 10:54 AM

:lol Playing time is not decided on how a guy practices, but how a guy performs in a real game. Everytime I've seen Delfino, he's done good things on the court. At least much more things that Evans.... dude can't even get a ball inbounds :lol

Darrin
03-23-2006, 09:19 PM
That's what happens when you put Rip and Lindsey (and Delfino if Flip had a clue) on the quick slashers instead of Tayshaun. I think we'll see Rip on Manu in the playoffs if the Pistons/Spurs matchup. Rip has really seemed to step up his defense against elite players.

I think the Pistons are going to junk it up on D-Wade if they meet for an entire series. They can use Billups, Rip, Lindsey, Delfino, and Prince on Wade, and not have to worry about any of those combination of guards recovering to help in Jason Williams. I will admit this: The X-Factors for Miami are Jason Williams and Antoine Walker. When they were on, the Pistons had no answer for how the Heat were spreading the floor, opening things up for Shaq, even with Wade essentially taken out of the game offensively. The rotations off of help on the Heat's two big guns will have to be superb in the postseason. What the Pistons proved last night in the second half is that they can indeed do that.

But the last time the Pistons saw Walker in a playoff series, the results were not kind. They ran off 4 straight, and are the only team since the 1991 Bulls to win two games in the playoffs at the Palace. I am, of course, referring to the 2001-02 Boston Celtics that made the Conference Finals. Only Ben Wallace remains from that team, however. Useless trivia of the day ended.