PDA

View Full Version : Dallas Cowboys sent their quarterbacks coach to the UT Pro Day...

Mr. Peabody
03-22-2006, 05:58 PM
Star-Telegram (http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/14161546.htm)

Why would they do this? Do they even have a chance of drafting Vince Young?

Young 'impressive' at workout for NFL scoutsBy CHAREAN WILLIAMSSTAR-TELEGRAM STAFF WRITERAUSTIN

Quarterback Vince Young had an “impressive” workout for the NFL scouts on Wednesday at the University of Texas.
Young, who is bypassing his senior season with the Longhorns to enter the draft, measured 6-foot-4˝ inches and weighed 228 pounds. He ran one 40-yard dash in a hand-held 4.58 seconds.
The Longhorns’ Pro Day attracted 130 scouts and 85 media members.
Young threw 55 passes with five incomplete and one drop. He used four wide receivers. They were Texas teammates David Thomas, Ahmard Hall, Brian Carter and former high school teammate and Idaho player Daniel Smith. Young caught one pass on a trick play.
“I feel like I did a good job. I stayed relaxed, poised and had fun,” Young said. “You hear so much that 'Vince is not working out. Vince is not doing this and that.' I wanted to go out and show them that I am working out.”
The Houston Texans, who have the No. 1 overall pick in April’s draft, sent 10 representatives, including head coach Gary Kubiak. The Tennessee Titans, who pick third overall, sent seven representatives.
“I love this guy. He’s got a big arm,” Kubiak said. “He was very impressive.”
Kubiak said he will attend only two college pro days. The other will be at Southern Cal on April 2.
Other notables attending the workouts were Miami coach Nick Saban, Green Bay coach Mike McCarthy and Cowboys quarterback coach Chris Palmer.
Another coach, Tennessee’s Jeff Fisher, is scheduled to fly to Austin later tonight and visit with Young.

samikeyp
03-22-2006, 06:15 PM
Maybe he is there to look at the other guys on offense.

Horry For 3!
03-22-2006, 06:23 PM
They could also be looking at Michael Huff

samikeyp
03-22-2006, 06:30 PM
True. He was probably the guy that could get there the quickest. He is a former head coach so he is probably a decent evaluator of talent on both sides of the ball. Man....Huff would be AWESOME in Dallas.