PDA

View Full Version : Frye out for the rest of the season

Kori Ellis
03-22-2006, 06:10 PM
NEW YORK (AP) -- New York Knicks rookie Channing Frye will miss the rest of the season because of a sprained left knee ligament.

An MRI exam in New York on Wednesday confirmed the injury. Frye will be on crutches for the next three weeks, but surgery will not be needed. The Knicks expect Frye to be able to return in time for summer league play in July.

Frye was injured early in the fourth quarter of the Knicks' 114-109 loss to the Toronto Raptors on Tuesday night. Toronto's Andre Barrett was racing upcourt with the ball with a little more than 9 1/2 minutes left when Knicks guard Nate Robinson, chasing him from behind, appeared to try to swipe the ball away. Barrett lost his balance and fell into Frye's left leg.

The eighth pick in last year's draft, Frye has been one of the top rookies in the NBA this season. He is third among first-year players with 12.3 points per game, and also ranks in the top five in field goal percentage (47.7 percent) and rebounds (5.8).

caŽlo
03-22-2006, 06:22 PM
dang... tough luck for the knicks..

Darrin
03-22-2006, 06:47 PM
This is good news for the Bulls.

JamStone
03-22-2006, 07:26 PM
This is good news for the Bulls.

Why? When Frye was healthy, he wasn't helping them win either. Knicks won't lose more games because he's out. In fact, Frye was starting to lose most of his minutes to Malik Rose anyway.

ducks
03-22-2006, 07:44 PM
spurs should try to trade for him ASP

JMarkJohns
03-22-2006, 08:01 PM
With the way Brown was playing him recently, his absense won't even be felt.

ALVAREZ6
03-22-2006, 08:16 PM
I got rid of him just in time in my fantasy league, picked up Radmonovic, he's puttin up some solid #'s with some solid playing time.

He's inconsistent on the boards, but occasionally grabs a lot in one game, hits a lot of 3's, pretty good %'s.

yeahone
03-22-2006, 09:19 PM
thats a terrible blow to his confidence

Darrin
03-22-2006, 11:55 PM
I got rid of him just in time in my fantasy league, picked up Radmonovic, he's puttin up some solid #'s with some solid playing time.

He's inconsistent on the boards, but occasionally grabs a lot in one game, hits a lot of 3's, pretty good %'s.

I've got about 4 games until David Harrison is completely useless (JO came back tonight). Any suggestions?

He's been insurance for the injury-prone Alonzo Mourning / Marcus Camby tandem.