PDA

View Full Version : _A Real fan will not panic!_

Troll
03-23-2006, 02:03 AM
All you Spur fans who are having your weekly MeltDowns are showing the old School Spur fans how long you been a fan. A real fan does not over react on a game that is not a playoff game. They know there will be enough time to MeltDown come playoff time.
If all you Kool-Aid drinkers are freaking out now? How in the name of David Stern did you live past the 2000-2001 season?
Don't get me wrong you can have passion, But to say the Spurs will "win it all , or "lose it all", just from one game? Then your what we call a fair weather fans. And everyone knows there is only one place for that type of fan.

It's called SpursReport!

smeagol
03-23-2006, 02:04 AM
Even the rodent gets it

Hooters Girl
03-23-2006, 02:07 AM
Dam guys! If an Alien just landed here in San Antonio tonight? he would think this team has never won shit! :lol

Budkin
03-23-2006, 02:10 AM
Now this is one troll who actually knows what he is talking about! :smokin

valluco
03-23-2006, 02:14 AM
All you Spur fans who are having your weekly MeltDowns are showing the old School Spur fans how long you been a fan. A real fan does not over react on a game that is not a playoff game. They know there will be enough time to MeltDown come playoff time.
If all you Kool-Aid drinkers are freaking out now? How in the name of David Stern did you live past the 2000-2001 season?
Don't get me wrong you can have passion, But to say the Spurs will "win it all , or "lose it all", just from one game? Then your what we call a fair weather fans. And everyone knows there is only one place for that type of fan.

It's called SpursReport!

You're right raton. It was just a regular season B2B game in Denver and honestly I was suprised that the Spurs made it so close in a good part of the second half. Absolutely no reason to freak out after a loss like that as much as there's no reason to get cocky after a regular season game win. I really thought it was going to be even uglier after what went on in the first half. I aint' worried. I have faith in the Silver and Black.

Winston Wolf
03-23-2006, 02:18 AM
I would love to take some of these fence riding Spur fan to Monters Truck & Tow!

T Park
03-23-2006, 02:27 AM
Last year, i would've been pissed.

But actually, Im more encouraged than pissed.

Duncan looked vintage on the offensive end there tonight.

Practically giving me reason to jump out of my chair.

mavsfan1000
03-23-2006, 02:32 AM
Yeah they'll have to wait till the playoffs before they start jumping ship.

Big Worm
03-23-2006, 02:38 AM
Yeah they'll have to wait till the playoffs before they start jumping ship.

Kinda like my patna here did?

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18939

mavsfan1000
03-23-2006, 03:07 AM
Gotta love the part where T Pork says Quote:

Originally Posted by T Park

Yup.

Support a band of quitters. makes sense.

Dude
03-23-2006, 03:14 AM
:lol

rayray2k8
03-23-2006, 03:28 AM
What makes you think spurs fans are panicing?
Everyone knows they are one of the worst when it comes to back-to-backs.
The only good thing about it, is that theres no back to backs in the playoffs :lol

slayermin
03-23-2006, 03:49 AM
It ain't even the playoffs yet. That is when I will begin to freak out a little. The later the rounds, the more freaked I will get. But I think this team has it. Knock on wood. I want homecourt but I will trade that for health, anyday of the week. A healthy group to defend the title is all I want.

dragonfly
03-23-2006, 03:54 AM
It is amazing how many fans of other teams come to this site specially when Spurs loose. Maybe we should understand them a bit better- it is still quite rare occasion for them to "enjoy" that. Specially ones (from the west conference) who's team are loosing almost half of their games. :)

But good poost by Troll anyways. Helps us to show our determination to support the team.

Dre_7
03-23-2006, 06:16 AM
I would love to take some of these fence riding Spur fan to Monters Truck & Tow!

This fake Pulp Fiction troll is not as funny as the originals.

TDMVPDPOY
03-23-2006, 06:33 AM
dont really care, we are still on target for 67wins :D

WayDowntownBang
03-23-2006, 07:03 AM
It is amazing how many fans of other teams come to this site specially when Spurs loose. Maybe we should understand them a bit better- it is still quite rare occasion for them to "enjoy" that. Specially ones (from the west conference) who's team are loosing almost half of their games. :)

But good poost by Troll anyways. Helps us to show our determination to support the team.

I'll be the first to admit that the first thing I did when I heard the Spurs lost that game was come to the site. But I've been here a while, and you guys know I'm not the 'HA! you lost!!1!!" type of fan. It's just glad to see that when your team has a loss in the middle of the season, there's always going to be a few that freak out over it. I'm just happy to see that it's not only MY team's fans that do that.

The Spurs got beat by a fresher team last night. That was obvious. But, as I tell people who laughed when New York beat Detroit a week or so back, do you think the Nuggets would beat the Spurs in a 7 game series? That's the great thing about the NBA.. none of this "any given Sunday" garbage. Anyone can pop you in the mouth, but in order to win an NBA series, you need to TKO the champ.

TDMVPDPOY
03-23-2006, 08:00 AM
Look at our run lately, we were destined to drop at least one game when we are on a winnin run, thought we wouldve loss the last game, but we didnt.

Fabbs
03-23-2006, 08:11 AM
Dam guys! If an Alien just landed here in San Antonio tonight? he would think this team has never won shit! :lol

Hooters Girl,
Who is in the picture under "lets get busy"?

Fabbs
03-23-2006, 08:15 AM
That they lost is fine. Spurs are like 25 of 30, which is great.

Pops stategy in yet another back to back loss is lame. Play Dunkan, GNob and Parker the most minutes while benching Rasho, Barry, and Fabs to a combined 11 minutes. All while the Nuggets are in cheapshot mode. Couple times it looked like season ending injurys were delivered by the cheapshots.

Nope, playing those three the most minutes and then benching Bowen to let MarchMellow Anothy go off on Finley was lame.

WalterBenitez
03-23-2006, 09:22 AM
panic!? ... what panic!? thanks god that arent b2b in playoffs, otherwise this team will lose the series even with NY ... :rolleyes

Speaking seriously ... I am afraid of facing Denver if Melo is hot and we play like last night ...

ploto
03-23-2006, 09:30 AM
I actually am not a panicker- but I really have not been impressed with the Spurs lately. I don't care what the record is. I remember sitting at games this time 2 years ago and the Spurs were blowing everyone out- with easy wins and the bench in the fourth quarter. They are having to work way too hard to win the "easy" games. And the defense just isn't there. When Tim, Tony, and Manu combine for over 60 points and Finley scores in double digits off the bench, you expect to win, but giving up over a 100 points is not Spurs basketball. Golden State had 96 the night before.

Sec24Row7
03-23-2006, 09:36 AM
second night of a b2b with it in DENVER... I'm suprised it was even close at the end.

GoSpurs21
03-23-2006, 10:49 AM

It's called SpursReport!as I remember it didnt you jump to the allas bandwagon after the 2002 season mouse?
so if anyone knows about panicing it would be mouse, he's actually made of career of it