PDA

View Full Version : Denver, the new Seattle

dmac
03-23-2006, 10:04 AM
What's the deal with these thugs Denver has? They couldn't beat us straight up, so they employ a bunch of goons to beat us up. Hey George, Seattle tried that last year, We beat them.

Keep your goons, or at least give them back to the Avalanche. Enforcers belong in the NHL not the NBA.

fraga
03-23-2006, 10:14 AM
Meh...

SenorSpur
03-23-2006, 10:29 AM
THey don't have a consistent perimeter shooter. I'm aware that Greg Buckner hit some wide open 3s last night, but they don't have that one proven shooter (like a Voshon Lenard) to open up the floor.

No doubt they'll still be a formidable opponent. I still don't see them getting by Phx.

JamStone
03-23-2006, 10:39 AM
Seattle didn't have a frontline of Anthony, K-Mart, and Camby.

Seattle's frontcourt was Rashard Lewis, Vladimir Radmanovic, Jerome James, Danny Fortson, and Nick Collison. I think even if you only count the three starters, Denver has the more talented frontline.

Seattle's starting point guard was Luke Ridnour. I'll go out on a limb and say Andre Miller is the better point guard.

Seattle had Danny Fortson to be the enforcer. Denver has Kenyon Martin AND Ruben Patterson, so they have bruisers on the inside and on the perimeter.

Denver might play like a bunch of goons. But, they are hardly comparable to last year's Seattle team. Denver is actually good. Denver is not a fraud. Denver also plays real defense, whether or not it's dirty sometimes. Seattle was dirty, but they still couldn't play defense.

There's a big difference between the two teams.

Sec24Row7
03-23-2006, 10:40 AM
Not really that worried about them.

TDMVPDPOY
03-23-2006, 10:43 AM
Didnt in the final games of the series between nuggets n us, had a few thumps that we had to go through, then stupid sonics did the same shit in the 2nd round.

I dont think the spurs are goin to worry about them, the good guys will always prevail.

snowboarder
03-23-2006, 10:45 AM
denver doesnt have thugs

their wannabes

NugzFan
03-23-2006, 03:10 PM
Seattle didn't have a frontline of Anthony, K-Mart, and Camby.

Seattle's frontcourt was Rashard Lewis, Vladimir Radmanovic, Jerome James, Danny Fortson, and Nick Collison. I think even if you only count the three starters, Denver has the more talented frontline.

Seattle's starting point guard was Luke Ridnour. I'll go out on a limb and say Andre Miller is the better point guard.

Seattle had Danny Fortson to be the enforcer. Denver has Kenyon Martin AND Ruben Patterson, so they have bruisers on the inside and on the perimeter.

Denver might play like a bunch of goons. But, they are hardly comparable to last year's Seattle team. Denver is actually good. Denver is not a fraud. Denver also plays real defense, whether or not it's dirty sometimes. Seattle was dirty, but they still couldn't play defense.

There's a big difference between the two teams.

exactly - we have a tough team.

NugzFan
03-23-2006, 03:11 PM
denver doesnt have thugs

their wannabes

:huh

ColoradoSpursFan
03-23-2006, 03:19 PM
I attended the game last night in Denver. The Nugget fans are ridiculously vile.

They cheered when any one got hurt or knocked down.

I was embarrassed being a Colorado citizen - I can see fan loyalty - but when someone gets whacked in the head or eye>>>

Not cool!

It was much more exciting being so close to the action - I had pretty awesome seats - being only 4 rows from Courtside....

Camby is a monster!

I need to post some videos or pictures if I get time.

Jeff

Amuseddaysleeper
03-23-2006, 03:21 PM
i dont get why everyone is worried about denver

we wont see them again till next season even if we do drop to the #4 seed. Phoenix >>>>>>>> denver

they will take care of that bitch ass team for us even though we woulda kicked their ass in the playoffs anyway

JamStone
03-23-2006, 03:23 PM
I actually think a match-up between Phoenix and Denver could go either way.

Amuseddaysleeper
03-23-2006, 03:25 PM
well even if we do face denver in the playoffs, the only team in the entire league that can beat us in a 7 game series is detroit. but i'm still taking phoenix over denver, denver's D isn't good enough to stop phoenix's O

JamStone
03-23-2006, 03:35 PM
In their first meeting Denver lost to Phoenix by 5 points.

In the second meeting, Denver won in triple overtime, showing they have enough offense to stay with Phoenix.

In the last match-up, Denver lost by 15 after Kenyon Martin got hurt and played only 9 minutes.

All of those games before the acquisition of Ruben Patterson and his perimeter defense and offensive boardwork.

Against Camby and K-Mart and Patterson, how does Phoenix ever get a defensive rebound?

Again, I think the series could go either way.

NugzFan
03-23-2006, 03:42 PM

we wont see them again till next season even if we do drop to the #4 seed. Phoenix >>>>>>>> denver

they will take care of that bitch ass team for us even though we woulda kicked their ass in the playoffs anyway

:rolleyes

NugzFan
03-23-2006, 03:43 PM
In their first meeting Denver lost to Phoenix by 5 points.

In the second meeting, Denver won in triple overtime, showing they have enough offense to stay with Phoenix.

In the last match-up, Denver lost by 15 after Kenyon Martin got hurt and played only 9 minutes.

All of those games before the acquisition of Ruben Patterson and his perimeter defense and offensive boardwork.

Against Camby and K-Mart and Patterson, how does Phoenix ever get a defensive rebound?

Again, I think the series could go either way.

frankly im still more worried about winning our division first. then we have to win our first round series. im not even considering playing the suns til we get there. it would be nice but its waaaay too early. we are still weeks from even winning the NW.

Winnipeg_Spur
03-23-2006, 03:45 PM
I think it's hilarious how the commentators last night were talking about what an easy road the McNuggets have to the WCF. This just in: the main reason that bracket is considered the easier bracket is because Denver is in it as the 3rd seed, even though they have the 7th best record in the West.

The Thuggets aren't even guaranteed HCA in the first round, and IF they make it to the 2nd round they don't have the shooters to compete with Phoenix, unless you count Kenyon (3-23) Martin. Even with their "new look defense" you can't shut down the Suns (as was proven in the WCF last year) so you have to be able to score with them, and without a reliable 3 point shooter they won't be able to do that.

NugzFan
03-23-2006, 03:45 PM
exactly. they got waaay too ahead of themselves.

NuGGeTs-FaN
03-23-2006, 03:59 PM
I think it's hilarious how the commentators last night were talking about what an easy road the McNuggets have to the WCF. This just in: the main reason that bracket is considered the easier bracket is because Denver is in it as the 3rd seed, even though they have the 7th best record in the West.

The Thuggets aren't even guaranteed HCA in the first round, and IF they make it to the 2nd round they don't have the shooters to compete with Phoenix, unless you count Kenyon (3-23) Martin. Even with their "new look defense" you can't shut down the Suns (as was proven in the WCF last year) so you have to be able to score with them, and without a reliable 3 point shooter they won't be able to do that.

yeh thats true

but i think its also funny how people think the Spurs have an easy run to the finals :fro

If you get the 4th seed, its going to be a tough road (clips would be a tough matchup for anyone)

the 1st seed.......much easier unless the mavs figure out how to beat the Spurs in San Antonio consistently

Ed Helicopter Jones
03-23-2006, 04:28 PM
I attended the game last night in Denver. The Nugget fans are ridiculously vile.

They cheered when any one got hurt or knocked down.

I was embarrassed being a Colorado citizen - I can see fan loyalty - but when someone gets whacked in the head or eye>>>

Not cool!

It was much more exciting being so close to the action - I had pretty awesome seats - being only 4 rows from Courtside....

Camby is a monster!

I need to post some videos or pictures if I get time.

Jeff

Nuggets fans are famous for being azzholes. I try to wear something Spurs whenever I go see a game in Denver and I always catch some hell for it. Since I get off on that type of thing though it's fun for me.

I remember when Bob Hill was coaching one season when the Spurs knocked the Nuggs out of the playoffs, and Hill was getting pelted with coins trying to leave the court. Some fans would have probably gotten in trouble in today's NBA.

NugzFan
03-23-2006, 04:28 PM
we are? i missed that story.

mavsfan1000
03-23-2006, 04:48 PM
The nuggets are pretty dangerous and I wouldn't be surprised if they beat the Suns. Having Camby back is huge for them and they are much tougher in the frontline and against the Suns shouldn't have any trouble scoring since the poor defense the suns play. Yes if they play the spurs they would get shut down again like last years playoffs but the suns don't force the nuggets in a half court. That would be a fun series if they play.

Ed Helicopter Jones
03-23-2006, 04:59 PM
we are? i missed that story.

Trust me.

I've been to a lot of games in a lot of cities and the Nuggets fans are the worst I've had the misfortune to be around.

FromWayDowntown
03-23-2006, 05:35 PM
I remember when Bob Hill was coaching one season when the Spurs knocked the Nuggs out of the playoffs, and Hill was getting pelted with coins trying to leave the court. Some fans would have probably gotten in trouble in today's NBA.

That was Game 3 of the First Round in 1995. I'm pretty sure that was just Nuggets fan being Nuggets fan. McNichols Arena went ballistic when Bernie Bickerstaff and (I'm pretty sure) Brian Williams (aka Bison Dele (R.I.P.)) were ejected for arguing calls.

That all followed on the heels of the 4th quarter of Game 2, where Greg Grant got a flagrant for tomahawking Avery Johnson into the goal support on a layup attempt. AJ was ejected on one T for reacting to the flagrant (Spurs were up by like 30 at the time) and then Jack Haley was assessed a flagrant 2 for retaliating against Grant. In Game 3, the Nuggets tried to increase the physicality and then cried about every call that went against them, culminating in the ejections. At one point, the game had to be stopped because coins and other objects were raining down on the floor. It was actually a pretty scary incident to watch. Very old school NBA. And, apparently, pretty typical Denver.

ALVAREZ6
03-23-2006, 05:48 PM
Denver won the game fair and square.

Some of the shit was questionable, but not enough to let it be made into an excuse for the loss.

ALVAREZ6
03-23-2006, 05:50 PM
I was embarrassed being a Colorado citizen
I know how you feel, I can get embarassed sometimes being a Philadelphia citizen.

Vingianx
03-23-2006, 05:56 PM
exactly - we have a tough team.
Doesn't change the fact you will exit in the 2nd round, good luck against the Suns....thanks for trying but Tim and Co. will handle them in the WCF....

Vingianx
03-23-2006, 05:57 PM

Yeah i bet with all those goons they are still scared to meet s.a. in the playoffs

yeahone
03-23-2006, 06:08 PM
:depressed
What's the deal with these thugs Denver has? They couldn't beat us straight up, so they employ a bunch of goons to beat us up. Hey George, Seattle tried that last year, We beat them.

Keep your goons, or at least give them back to the Avalanche. Enforcers belong in the NHL not the NBA.

ambchang
03-23-2006, 06:13 PM
yeh thats true

but i think its also funny how people think the Spurs have an easy run to the finals :fro

If you get the 4th seed, its going to be a tough road (clips would be a tough matchup for anyone)

the 1st seed.......much easier unless the mavs figure out how to beat the Spurs in San Antonio consistently
What insight! I never could figure it out before, but here it goes, the #1 seed gets the easier road to the finals because they earned it! They get to face a #8 rather than a higher seed, which theoretically, would be a better team!
This just in, the Spurs also had the easier road to the finals because they never had to face themselves. :smokin

aaronstampler
03-23-2006, 07:42 PM
I know how you feel, I can get embarassed sometimes being a Philadelphia citizen.

I hate TO more than anybody, but I fear that something will happen at the Linc next year by some crazy fan that's going to really make it embarrassing to be an Eagles fan. The Eagles fans might react worse next year than Detroit acted last year with Artest.

As far as the Nuggets go, this shit is nothing new. They pulled the same crap last year in the playoffs. They were just as physical as Seattle was. I'm not worried about them, at all. They can't shoot outside that well, and Bowen will slow down Melo. Not completely, obviously, but enough. It doesn't take much to frustrate that guy, and in the course of a series, he'll probably flip out by Game 3 or 4.