PDA

View Full Version : I'm Screwed

Big Pimp_21
03-23-2006, 10:15 AM
Bad News (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11965237/)

midgetonadonkey
03-23-2006, 10:22 AM
What the fuck? It's illegal to be drunk in a bar? What's the point of going to the bar if you can't get drunk there? Pinches narcos.

batman2883
03-23-2006, 10:27 AM
they are going to find those who are most likely to get drunk and arrest them before they even go out to the bar

Melmart1
03-23-2006, 10:51 AM
“There are a lot of dangerous and stupid things people do when they’re intoxicated, other than get behind the wheel of a car,” Beck said. “People walk out into traffic and get run over, people jump off of balconies trying to reach a swimming pool and miss.”

Sooo...arrest all those that are drunk and have a designated driver because one or two people thought they could dive into a swimming pool from a balcony? What bullshit! You can't punish the rest of the populace for one or two Darwin Award winners. I guess you will just have to drink in the privacy of your own home now.

Horry For 3!
03-23-2006, 11:09 AM
Thats fucking stupid. You can get drunk and then if someone drives you home that isn't drunk, no problem.

ShoogarBear
03-23-2006, 11:33 AM
Being drunk has always been a crime in many (most?) places. Just one that cops usually chose to ignore unless you were causing a problem.

spurs_fan_in_exile
03-23-2006, 11:36 AM
I'd rather read about how they'll crack down on bars that keeping serving drunks and don't pay any attention when the hop behind the wheel to go home.

TDMVPDPOY
03-23-2006, 11:54 AM
In sum cases they award ppl who dob in ppl who are drunk leavin the bar premises gettin ready to drive home. How lame.

Jekka
03-23-2006, 11:59 AM
So no smoking in bars now? Soon there will be no drinking and no talking!

Hey, we're getting close! :rolleyes

ObiwanGinobili
03-23-2006, 12:02 PM
I'd rather read about how they'll crack down on bars that keeping serving drunks and don't pay any attention when the hop behind the wheel to go home.

amen! :tu

----------------------------

as to the article:

what a bunch of BS! :rolleyes this is the most ridicules thing I've read all week.

valluco
03-23-2006, 12:07 PM
If anyone here has lost a friend or loved one to the stupidity of a drunk driver this crackdown won't bother you at all. It's fucked up how lives can be completely shattered because of irresponsability.

AlamoSpursFan
03-23-2006, 12:12 PM
"I was drunk in a BAR...they THREW me into PUBLICK! I don't want to be drunk in PUBLICK! I wanna be drunk in a BAR...which is perfectly legal...arrest THEM!" -- Ron White, the Tater Salad bit

ObiwanGinobili
03-23-2006, 12:13 PM
If anyone here has lost a friend or loved one to the stupidity of a drunk driver this crackdown won't bother you at all. It's fucked up how lives can be completely shattered because of irresponsability.

I have.
and I've been stuck in a car with a drunk driver scared shitless more than once.
when I was 9 I actually took DARE's advice and got out of the car of a drunk driver and walked home - 80 miles from home.

but there is such a thing as steping tooo far back in prevention.
not everyone at a bar drove there or will be driving home. alot have rides, came as a group, or have a taxi # in thier pocket.

why not just outlaw bars?
or outlaw alcohol?

ShoogarBear
03-23-2006, 12:18 PM
Although I'm not in favor of this enforcement, alcohol-related deaths and injuries are not just from driving. While the measures are going too far, the rationale is not entirely off-base.

ObiwanGinobili
03-23-2006, 12:19 PM
Although I'm not in favor of this enforcement, alcohol-related deaths and injuries are not just from driving. While the measures are going too far, the rationale is not entirely off-base.

agreed.

tlongII
03-23-2006, 12:20 PM
I have.
and I've been stuck in a car with a drunk driver scared shitless more than once.
when I was 9 I actually took DARE's advice and got out of the car of a drunk driver and walked home - 80 miles from home.

not everyone at a bar drove there or will be driving home. alot have rides, came as a group, or have a taxi # in thier pocket.

or outlaw alcohol?

You walked 80 miles?!

valluco
03-23-2006, 12:44 PM
I have.

or outlaw alcohol?
Smart choice Obi. Walking any distance is better than dying in a wreck even though you were just 9. And yes, there has to be a better way for prevention. Hopefully, it's just a case of them not being organized enough or just crappy planning and they can iron out the wrinkles in their plan, but at least they started something. And not everyone that gets behind the wheel drunk is coming out of a bar. A lot of DWIs happen after parties, bbqs, just drinking at a friend's, etc.

CosmicCowboy
03-23-2006, 12:45 PM
“There are a lot of dangerous and stupid things people do when they’re intoxicated, other than get behind the wheel of a car,”

:lmao

so how do the ugly girls get laid now?

ObiwanGinobili
03-23-2006, 01:01 PM
You walked 80 miles?!

I walked 45 and by then the drunk driver had gotten home and my cousin who lived with us figured out i wasn't there.. she drove back the same route trying to find me.

it was about 10 or 11 hours alter that I got home.

j-6
03-23-2006, 01:15 PM
I walked 45 and by then the drunk driver had gotten home and my cousin who lived with us figured out i wasn't there.. she drove back the same route trying to find me.

it was about 10 or 11 hours alter that I got home.

I'm not calling bullshit on your story by any means, but...

An average sized human being walks at about 4 feet per second, or about 14,400 feet per hour (2.72 mph). And an average nine year old female is about 80% the size of an average sized human being, so let's say that the child would move at 3.2 feet per second, or 11,520 feet per hour (2.18 mph).

At that pace it would take you twenty hours and forty minutes to go 45 miles.

ObiwanGinobili
03-23-2006, 01:32 PM
I'm not calling bullshit on your story by any means, but...

An average sized human being walks at about 4 feet per second, or about 14,400 feet per hour (2.72 mph). And an average nine year old female is about 80% the size of an average sized human being, so let's say that the child would move at 3.2 feet per second, or 11,520 feet per hour (2.18 mph).

At that pace it would take you twenty hours and forty minutes to go 45 miles.

all I'm saying is it was about 100 miles from the place in mass to the place in CT.
I got out at 2 beers into a 6 pack on what was normaly a 3 6 pack drive.
When my cousin picked me up I had just crossed the mass/ct border about 20 mins back.

ShoogarBear
03-23-2006, 01:55 PM
I'm not saying you did the wrong thing, but you were lucky, Obi. I'm not sure what's more dangerous: driving with a drunk, or a 9 year old girl hiking by herself (presumably at night).

ObiwanGinobili
03-23-2006, 02:48 PM
I'm not saying you did the wrong thing, but you were lucky, Obi. I'm not sure what's more dangerous: driving with a drunk, or a 9 year old girl hiking by herself (presumably at night).

yeah it was at night.
and I tell you i regreted it within 2 miles.
but he had bumped the car up against the jersey barriers one too many times.
I had just graduated DARE class so all that stuff was fresh in my mind.
when my mom found out (she was in the hospitol at the time) she didin;t feel she could yell at me about it.. given the circumstances. but she di give me a long list of things I could have done instead. And she laminated out home phone # , acct# and some friends #'s so that I could call or help should it happen again.

oh, and I totally had to get new shoes after that.

Mixability
03-23-2006, 02:52 PM
I'm not sure what's more dangerous: driving with a drunk, or a 9 year old girl hiking by herself (presumably at night).

:tu