PDA

View Full Version : Reggie Evans

Sec24Row7
03-23-2006, 10:52 AM
This guy honestly cracks me up.

The Spurs Flop. Horry is great at flopping when there is almost no contact. Manu accentuates contact and sometimes gets away with pure acting.

But Reggie Evans!

I have NEVER seen a player get another player a Technical because of a flop!

Props to you sir! That was amazing. He tried the same move in the second half and the officials didn't bite.

:lol

spurs_fan_in_exile
03-23-2006, 10:55 AM
Evans was flopping pretty hard, but most of my ire is reserved for Joey Crawford. The Spurs finally got into the physical rhythm of the game and suddenly Joey finds his whistle and starts calling everything. I know that a good number of those calls were going for the Spurs, but it brough the game to a grinding halt and killed the momentum, IMO.

mikejones99
03-23-2006, 10:57 AM
How do stupid teams (SEA) give away players that can rebound like that? He gets about 5 min a game for Sonics and now he is in the good team ( DEN) rotation. Same with patterson.

Solid D
03-23-2006, 11:02 AM
His acting proved to be a great move in getting Bowen nailed for his 4th foul. That proved to be a key point in the game. Evans made a difference in the energy in that game, also.

TDMVPDPOY
03-23-2006, 11:02 AM
Patterson wouldve been good for us, but his contract is nasty :(:(

Sec24Row7
03-23-2006, 11:14 AM
Just me, but I have a thing against registered Sex offenders being in our locker room...

Patterson is a cancer if there ever was one.

NugzFan
03-23-2006, 03:12 PM
Just me, but I have a thing against registered Sex offenders being in our locker room...

Patterson is a cancer if there ever was one.

granted his off court stuff in the past i do not agree with, but his play for us since the trade has been quite surprising. i love his energy and team play. as long as he stays out of trouble and continues this good attitude, i love having him in denver.

PASPURSFAN
03-23-2006, 04:07 PM
Anybody else think Reggie Evans looks like a baboon?

FromWayDowntown
03-23-2006, 04:17 PM
It's funny to me that the fans at the Pepsi Center last night could applaud the play of a convicted rapist, but lustily and incessantly boo a guy who's never done anything other than play well against their team in a playoff series.

NugzFan
03-23-2006, 04:18 PM
thats a nice 3rd post.

NugzFan
03-23-2006, 04:19 PM
It's funny to me that the fans at the Pepsi Center last night could applaud the play of a convicted rapist, but lustily and incessantly boo a guy who's never done anything other than play well against their team in a playoff series.

probably because patterson plays for the nuggets and manu was on the opposing teams.

im seriously shocked that you guys say stuff like this. im sure the spurs have been in MUCH MORE hostile arenas before and heard worse. and you guys are SURPRISED that our fans cheer our guys and boo the other team?

this is a sport. a competition. get used to it.

BigVee
03-23-2006, 04:21 PM
I'm seriously shocked you said you love having Ruben Patterson in Denver. He is a lousy human being.

FromWayDowntown
03-23-2006, 04:22 PM
probably because patterson plays for the nuggets and manu was on the opposing teams.

im seriously shocked that you guys say stuff like this. im sure the spurs have been in MUCH MORE hostile arenas before and heard worse. and you guys are SURPRISED that our fans cheer our guys and boo the other team?

I can understand booing opposing players; and I understand that playing for the home team can cover up a variety of sins.

What I don't get is the 48 minutes of hostility that Denver reserves exclusively for Manu Ginobili. It's obviously not a Spurs thing, because no other player on San Antonio's roster gets that sort of attention. I guess I shouldn't complain -- it seems to elevate his game, and it has to be about the surest sign of respect there can be.

cheguevara
03-23-2006, 04:23 PM

I agree Spurs have seen worse, and been in worse situations. Like Seattle last year. But yesterday was up there. It was embarrasing to see fans act this way. I would be embarrased if I was from Denver at least. And yeah some of the Nuggets players were acting like dirty thugs yesterday. Am I shocked, or worried? hell no. payback is a bitch. I have no doubt Kmart is gonna end up crying on the sidelines this year again. and it's gonna make me smile :)

NugzFan
03-23-2006, 04:23 PM
I'm seriously shocked you said you love having Ruben Patterson in Denver. He is a lousy human being.

:rolleyes he did that stuff in the past, on a different team in a different city. as long as he behaves and keeps a good attitude, im ok with him. the fact that hes playing very well is even better.

NugzFan
03-23-2006, 04:24 PM
I can understand booing opposing players; and I understand that playing for the home team can cover up a variety of sins.

What I don't get is the 48 minutes of hostility that Denver reserves exclusively for Manu Ginobili. It's obviously not a Spurs thing, because no other player on San Antonio's roster gets that sort of attention. I guess I shouldn't complain -- it seems to elevate his game, and it has to be about the surest sign of respect there can be.

exactly - no one boos a bad player. no one boos oberto or udrih.

same thing with teams - no one hates a bad team. ever heard of a bobcats hater? or a warriors hater?

you know youve reached a new level when your team gets haters :)

FromWayDowntown
03-23-2006, 04:26 PM
exactly - no one boos a bad player. no one boos oberto or udrih.

same thing with teams - no one hates a bad team. ever heard of a bobcats hater? or a warriors hater?

you know youve reached a new level when your team gets haters :)

Guess that's why there aren't many Nuggets haters in San Antonio . . . .

NuGGeTs-FaN
03-23-2006, 04:26 PM
I agree Spurs have seen worse, and been in worse situations. Like Seattle last year. But yesterday was up there. It was embarrasing to see fans act this way. I would be embarrased if I was from Denver at least. And yeah some of the Nuggets players were acting like dirty thugs yesterday. Am I shocked, or worried? hell no. payback is a bitch. I have no doubt Kmart is gonna end up crying on the sidelines this year again. and it's gonna make me smile :)

Spurs fans boo K like crazy in San Antonio, nuggets fans accept that, it wouldnt be a sporting competition if players didnt get booed by the opposing fans

get over it......

and dont bring the word 'dirty' into it

the Spurs arent Angels who do no wrong

they just cant handle physical games, they need to toughen up or just face the fact that teams will play them as physical as possible

NugzFan
03-23-2006, 04:27 PM

embarrassed? no way. i wanst there but booing an opposing player is embarrassing?

id be embarrassed and PISSED OFF if the fans didnt boo and cheer and make noise.

the irony is you guys keep crying about kmarts foul on manu yet many posts imply or flat out hope kmart gets hurt and that you will be happy when he does it. so sorry if i dont agree with you guys. lots of hypocricy going on.

cheguevara
Spurs fans boo K like crazy in San Antonio, nuggets fans accept that, it wouldnt be a sporting competition if players didnt get booed by the opposing fans

get over it......

they just cant handle physical games, they need to toughen up or just face the fact that teams will play them as physical as possible

I'm not fuckin talking about them booing. I'm talking about the fans cheering when Duncan got poked, or when Manu was slammed on the ground. :rolleyes

NugzFan
Guess that's why there aren't many Nuggets haters in San Antonio . . . .

um, check the forum. :lol

cheguevara
03-23-2006, 04:28 PM
we are the champions. we beat the Pistons in 7 games. still think we can't handle physical contact? :lol

FromWayDowntown
03-23-2006, 04:30 PM
um, check the forum. :lol

I still have yet to hear an entire arena boo a Nuggets player for an entire game just for being on the floor. Obviously, a single Spurs player has the year-round ire of Nuggets fans.

As I think about this, though, Manu must be deeply in the heads of Nuggets fans.

NuGGeTs-FaN
03-23-2006, 04:33 PM
we are the champions. we beat the Pistons in 7 games. still think we can't handle physical contact? :lol

how is ur record against the Pistons this season?

:smokin

cheguevara
03-23-2006, 04:35 PM
nice way of changing the subject. :lol

NuGGeTs-FaN
03-23-2006, 04:35 PM
seriously,

you guys are the biggest hypocrites.........you do all the same things that other teams fans do, when you lose, you whinge about the things that the opposing fans did that night

you lost, you cried, you blamed, you whinged...........your just the same as any other teams fans after a loss................NBA fans are one in the same...........get used it, Spurs fans arent any better or worse than anyone else

i do know their are exceptions where some fans are going beyond a joke but in general all fans are the same

there is no denying it

my2sons
03-23-2006, 04:39 PM
0-0...finals haven't started yet!!!

NugzFan
03-23-2006, 04:39 PM
I still have yet to hear an entire arena boo a Nuggets player for an entire game just for being on the floor. Obviously, a single Spurs player has the year-round ire of Nuggets fans.

As I think about this, though, Manu must be deeply in the heads of Nuggets fans.

he probably is. remember, no one BOOS a bad player.

mikejones99
03-23-2006, 04:41 PM
Now that you in Denver have a "Kobe stopper" and Reggie Evans maybe you can get out of the 1st round this year. Probly 30% or more of the NBA has had law problems.

leemajors
03-23-2006, 04:42 PM
i'd say a chorus of cheers when a player gets a hard foul, and has to remain on the ground because of the severity goes beyond a few exceptions to the rule. the complaint here is about intentional hard fouls and the crowd getting off on it. it implies cro-magnon delight at one person purposely hurting another.

cheguevara
03-23-2006, 04:45 PM
I've seen only 2 arenas where when an opposing player goes down, the crowd cheers. 1 is Seattle, the second is Denver. Even when Duncan went down with ankle injury in Detroit, the fans didn't cheer.

So in my book Seattle and Denver are the shithole of the NBA. and got the shittiest fans.

FromWayDowntown
03-23-2006, 04:46 PM

Kenyon Martin gets booed in San Antonio only after he eggs the crowd on. He actually encourages the crowd to boo him. Until he does that, I think most Spurs fans couldn't care less about Kenyon Martin. It's not as if anyone circles the days the Nuggets will be in town and says "Hey, that's the night I get to boo KMart for 48 minutes."

But Kenyon Martin isn't in San Antonio's head; Manu Ginobili is in Denver's head.

You must not watch much basketball. The Spurs are far from a soft team and they've won their share of physical basketball games and series. Somehow, the Nuggets physical play last season and earlier this season wasn't an impediment to the Spurs beating them. And last night, with all of the physical play, the Spurs absolutely dominated the Nuggets for about 15 minutes of the 2nd half. They certainly didn't back down.

With that said, being physically tough is one thing -- hitting guys who are vulnerable is another. That's the difference between being physically tough and dirty. In last year's playoff series, particularly at the end of Game 3, the Nuggets were just plain dirty. To the Spurs credit, they just got up off the floor and kept playing. That's the way a team should respond to physical or dirty play. Just win.

birdy219
03-23-2006, 04:54 PM
Anybody else think Reggie Evans looks like a baboon?

I do. :lol

Have you ever heard him speak? It will confirm your suspicions. :eyebrows

smeagol
03-23-2006, 05:17 PM

:rolleyes

PASPURSFAN
03-23-2006, 06:59 PM
Thanks Birdy

Spurologist
03-23-2006, 07:42 PM

I find that hilarious. :lmao

Phenomanul
03-23-2006, 08:16 PM

Not only that, but Ginobili has been the sore thumb of Denver's media as well.

exstatic
03-23-2006, 10:16 PM
how is ur record against the Pistons this season?

:smokin
Same as it was last year in the regular season: 0-2. Didn't stop us then...

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
03-23-2006, 10:19 PM
Same as it was last year in the regular season: 0-2. Didn't stop us then...

1-1 last year...

If I remember correctly, G6 was the first time Detroit won a game in SA since 97...

aaronstampler
03-23-2006, 11:12 PM
Don't forget the Nugs wanted Manu when he was a free agent. As I recall, they may have even offered more money. So maybe the fans are upset he spurned them and they had to settle for K-Mart instead. Which is pretty understandable. Imagine how pissed we'd all be if we had K-Mart instead of Manu.