PDA

View Full Version : Official: Stoudamire to start tonight

CubanMustGo
03-23-2006, 02:37 PM
I posted this in a thread on the Spurs board, but figured it deserved one of its own over here.

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns/articles/0323suns.html

Stat is back, will start tonight
D'Antoni says Suns big man will start tonight

Paul Coro
The Arizona Republic
Mar. 23, 2006 11:33 AM

It’s official.

Suns forward Amaré Stoudemire will return to action tonight at home against Portland — as a starter.

“We want to warm him up,” Suns coach Mike D’Antoni said after the Suns’ shootaround at US Airways Center this morning. “He’ll probably go the first three to four minutes and we’ll see how it goes and how he goes. We want to win games.”

Stoudemire has not played this season after undergoing microfracture surgery on his left knee in October.

T-Pain
03-23-2006, 02:39 PM
I posted this in a thread on the Spurs board, but figured it deserved one of its own over here.

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns/articles/0323suns.html

Stat is back, will start tonight
D'Antoni says Suns big man will start tonight

Paul Coro
The Arizona Republic
Mar. 23, 2006 11:33 AM

It’s official.

Suns forward Amaré Stoudemire will return to action tonight at home against Portland — as a starter.

“We want to warm him up,” Suns coach Mike D’Antoni said after the Suns’ shootaround at US Airways Center this morning. “He’ll probably go the first three to four minutes and we’ll see how it goes and how he goes. We want to win games.”

Stoudemire has not played this season after undergoing microfracture surgery on his left knee in October.

wow, good luck to him

Horry For 3!
03-23-2006, 03:18 PM
Good luck to him :tu

1Parker1
03-23-2006, 05:20 PM
wow...it'll be interesting to see how the Suns close out the season...now that game against the Pistons will be even more interesting.

ALVAREZ6
03-23-2006, 06:19 PM
He can finally play. That's good news for him.

I wonder how he spent all this time though....doing push-ups??? :lol

ShoogarBear
03-23-2006, 06:20 PM
Good luck. I'll get the 'ol League Pass going in-between the NCAA games.

mavsfan1000
03-23-2006, 06:59 PM
I can't wait to see him out there. It should be interesting even if it isn't for long.

Darrin
03-23-2006, 07:39 PM
His name is Stoudemire! The only reason why I make such a big deal about this is because the Grizzlies have been struggling mightily without Damon Stoudamire (achilles), and Salim Stoudamire in Atlanta appears to be done for the season.

I thought the heart and soul of the most underrated team in the league was back, and then I learned it was about Amare Stoudemire, who is more likely to make a Alonzo Mourning-in-2001 impact on his team (50-32, but .500 down the stretch, and swept by the Charlotte Hornets in the first round) than propel them to the Finals.

ShoogarBear
03-23-2006, 07:56 PM
:lol Deal with it. Nobody's going to get the a vs. e thing consistently right for his entire career.

Speaking of which, WTF is it with that name? Does anyone know someone named Stoude/amire who doesn't ball?

Darrin
03-23-2006, 08:01 PM
:lol Deal with it. Nobody's going to get the a vs. e thing consistently right for his entire career.

Speaking of which, WTF is it with that name? Does anyone know someone named Stoude/amire who doesn't ball?

Salim is Damon's cousin.

ShoogarBear
03-23-2006, 08:06 PM
Yeah, I knew that. And there's a Patrick who plays football in Oregon, so I figure he must be a relation, too.

Also, both Damon and Salim went to Arizona, and Amare plays for Phoenix.

Stoudamire must mean "plays hoops where it's friggin hot" in some language.

Darrin
03-23-2006, 09:21 PM
Yeah, I knew that. And there's a Patrick who plays football in Oregon, so I figure he must be a relation, too.

Also, both Damon and Salim went to Arizona, and Amare plays for Phoenix.

Stoudamire must mean "plays hoops where it's friggin hot" in some language.

It's like the Wayans family.

ABDENOUR POWER
03-23-2006, 09:46 PM
Good luck Amare. :tu

Xylus
03-23-2006, 09:49 PM
11 points in 6 minutes.

He definitely looks rusty, doesn't have quite the same explosiveness, but his shot is falling tonight inside and out of the paint. It's great to have him back.

Cant_Be_Faded
03-23-2006, 10:54 PM
I know this is cold hearted but I will laugh when he crumbles. The Phoenix organization deserves it for pushing him to come back so soon.

Xylus
03-23-2006, 10:59 PM
I know this is cold hearted but I will laugh when he crumbles. The Phoenix organization deserves it for pushing him to come back so soon.

Very classy. :rolleyes

Cant_Be_Faded
03-23-2006, 11:00 PM
If they didn't rush him back i'd wish him no harm, but they deserve to lose their gamble.

N4th4n
03-23-2006, 11:00 PM

You are totaly ignorant on the subject arnt you? First off lets start with amares injury the part of the knee that amare required surgry on was very small and in a low weight bearing area , Amare has healed very fast , all his MRI's have show positive cartalige build up. He has been cleared to play by doctors , and his PT( Who do this for a living by the way ) for almost 4 weeks. Amare is physicaly and mental ready to come back so why the hell shouldnt he?

Now lets look at his line for tonight: 13 points 5-10 6 boards and 2 blocks in 14 minutes.

You sir , are a damn fool!

rayray2k8
03-23-2006, 11:09 PM
Hows he doing so far?

N4th4n
03-23-2006, 11:10 PM
15 points 7 boards 2 blocks shooting 50 %

Horry For 3!
03-23-2006, 11:22 PM
7-14 fg 6-7 ft 20 pts 9 rebs 2 blks in 20 mins

Xylus
03-23-2006, 11:22 PM
Amare finished with:

20 pts
9 reb
2 blk
7-14 FG

19 minutes

rayray2k8
03-23-2006, 11:24 PM
Amare finished with:

20 pts
9 reb
2 blk
7-14 FG

19 minutes
....... interesting...

Xylus
03-23-2006, 11:25 PM
The game against Denver on Saturday will be just as interesting. The Nuggets better not beat him up. :p

ShoogarBear
03-23-2006, 11:35 PM
The game against Denver on Saturday will be just as interesting. The Nuggets better not beat him up. :p
Oooh. Where are they playing?

Xylus
03-23-2006, 11:37 PM
Oooh. Where are they playing?

Luckily, they're playing in Phoenix. So there won't be a bloodthirsty crowd calling for Amare's head.

CharlieMac
03-24-2006, 02:18 AM
I hope he doesn't push himself too hard. I don't like him, but I'd hate to see him go down for good. Phoenix is the new LA, and you know those were always great games to watch.

mavsfan1000
03-24-2006, 03:42 AM
I actually like Phoenix. Stoudemire is exciting to watch along with the outside shooting of Phoenix. The suns size in their frontcourt is still a problem if they meet the spurs but it is not as bad of a size difference as before. Amare should be able to guard Mohammad and Diaw on Duncan.

polandprzem
03-24-2006, 04:14 AM
Most in here wish him luck.

I want to see the same ppl when Amare will kick everybodys ass this year in the NBA

CubanMustGo
03-24-2006, 03:20 PM
His name is Stoudemire! The only reason why I make such a big deal about this is because the Grizzlies have been struggling mightily without Damon Stoudamire (achilles), and Salim Stoudamire in Atlanta appears to be done for the season.
Apologies for the error (which is too late to correct at this point). I know how annoying it is to have your name constantly misspelled; mine is German, and since there is no "ö" in English it's transliterated to "oe." Whenever someone tries to spell my name, they leave out either the o or the e.

Look at the bright side, Amaré played incredibly well despite my mistake. :lol

Cant_Be_Faded
03-28-2006, 08:46 PM

cbf classic :king

Xylus
03-28-2006, 11:15 PM
cbf classic :king
You need a gunshot to the kneecap.

:depressed

Cant_Be_Faded
03-29-2006, 12:05 AM
No, your management needs to check themselves before they wreck themselves.

No matter how optomistic a suns fan could be, deep down inside they had to realize bringing him back was a huge mistake. Huge.

Do you have any idea the outrage that would spread forth from this website if Duncan was in the same exact situation and our team was 3rd in the West without him?

We'd fucking riot. Oh nm, we're not LA fans :lol

My original post was slightly in jest, i don't want amare to get hurt, but i was saying, in a sense, the organization deserves whatever bad luck befalls them by bringing him back

Xylus
03-29-2006, 12:32 AM
No, your management needs to check themselves before they wreck themselves.

No matter how optomistic a suns fan could be, deep down inside they had to realize bringing him back was a huge mistake. Huge.

Do you have any idea the outrage that would spread forth from this website if Duncan was in the same exact situation and our team was 3rd in the West without him?

We'd fucking riot. Oh nm, we're not LA fans :lol

My original post was slightly in jest, i don't want amare to get hurt, but i was saying, in a sense, the organization deserves whatever bad luck befalls them by bringing him back

Actually, what you said was that you would "laugh when he crumbles," which is more than just an attack on the organization. Joking or not, it was made in bad taste.

And unfortunately, the fans don't have any say in whether Amare sits out the whole season. Had it been up to me, I wouldn't have risked it. I'm with you in that it was a bad idea to begin with, even though it was really nice having him back for those first two games.

Cant_Be_Faded
03-29-2006, 06:57 PM
Actually, what you said was that you would "laugh when he crumbles," which is more than just an attack on the organization. Joking or not, it was made in bad taste.

And unfortunately, the fans don't have any say in whether Amare sits out the whole season. Had it been up to me, I wouldn't have risked it. I'm with you in that it was a bad idea to begin with, even though it was really nice having him back for those first two games.

I know exactly what I said and i meant it slightly as a joke. I'm not the type of asshole to wish harm on someone but I am the type of asshole to wish bad results to a bad decision.

The only reason I even started commenting about Stoudemire in this forum at all was cuz it seemed that most suns posters on this board were gung ho about him coming back.