PDA

View Full Version : This will be one tense dinner at home with the wife

ShoogarBear
03-23-2006, 06:35 PM
WASHINGTON (AP) -- Commuters racing to catch the train typically forget things in the car -- keys, wallets, briefcases. But a baby daughter?

That's what happened Thursday just north of Washington, police say.

"Dad forgot baby was in the car, parked the car, got on the Metro," said Lucille Baur, a spokeswoman for the Montgomery County, Maryland, Police Department.

"I don't know exactly when he got the memory flash, but he was in D.C. when it was the horrible defining moment, 'Oh my goodness, I think I've left my child back in my car,' " Baur said.

At that point, she said, Jonathan Sander got off the southbound train and onto a northbound one, returning to the Shady Grove Metrorail station about 12 miles north of Washington.

By that time, other commuters had noticed the 71/2-month-old girl in the back seat of the car, firefighters had opened the locked door and the child had been taken to a hospital as a precaution.

She was reunited there with her mother.

"Child Protective Services was comfortable with releasing the child back to the mom," said Baur. "We all believe that the child was not intentionally left in the car."

Sander, described as "terrified, embarrassed," was charged with leaving a child under 8 unattended in a car or building. He could face a fine of up to $500 and 30 days in jail.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/03/23/baby.forgotten.ap/index.html

MaNuMaNiAc
03-23-2006, 06:47 PM
What a moron

CosmicCowboy
03-23-2006, 06:51 PM
My mom left me in the grocery store when I was 6. She figured it out when she put dinner on the table and I wasn't sitting behind my plate. I was still reading comic books in the kids section when she got back.

Johnny_Blaze_47
03-23-2006, 06:53 PM
Shoog, I never knew your name was Jonathan.

ShoogarBear
03-23-2006, 06:56 PM
It's not, but shit, I know deep down I'm perfectly capable of doing something this stupid one day.

SpursWoman
03-23-2006, 06:59 PM
I left my (sick) son at home with my mom once ... I'd asked her if he could stay with her that morning because he had fever and couldn't go to daycare. Maybe it was my fault for getting the "okay" while she was still semi-asleep, but apparently she had no recollection of our conversation...got up and went to work while my 3 year old son was asleep in his bed.

She had the epiphany after being at work for about an hour, and sent a friend to come back home and pick him up. He found him in the den, eating out of a box of cereal watching cartoons. He was actually more upset having to leave with a stranger than being left all alone. :wow :fro

ObiwanGinobili
03-23-2006, 07:31 PM
This reminds me of that story out of California last year.
Wife was sick with the flu and had a dr.s appt. so th husband had to bring the baby to daycare which wasn;t part of his mornign routine.

well once he was i nthe car & on his 1 hr commute he completely forgot his 5month old son was in the backseat.
Parked his trunk @ the construction site and compeltely forgot about his son untill his wife called at lunch.
It was 120 degree i nthe truck and the baby didn't make it. :depressed