PDA

View Full Version : Lets go with the first playoff prediction thread

Sspursin06
03-23-2006, 07:45 PM
I think it's funny that this site was so quiet the past couple of weeks when we have been doing so fantastic, but once we lose again all the posters come out and there are tons of new threads. Last night was dissapointing that we lost, but nothing more. It was a b2b and there's nothing we can do about it. We are playing so great and last night had alot of pro's and we win easy if not for a back to back. Tim and Manu looked good and thats what we need in the playoffs. How can you not think we will be the number one seed with our crazy easy last month? Catch Detroit? I don't know, I do wish our b2b's hadn't hurt us this bad, because then I would be certain we would catch Detroit. I think we will lose a max of four more games this season and a minimum of two. We are fine and dandy and fixing to peak. We are looking great, and here are how its gonna do down this playoffs.

West Seedings
1.Spurs
2.Suns
3.Nugs
4.Mavs
5.Clips
6.Lakers(so few road games left)
7.Grizz
8.Sac

East Seedings
1.Detroit
2.Miami
3.Nets
4.Cavs
5.Wash
6.Jermaine
7.Buccaneers
8.AI

West first round
1.#1 Spurs over #8 Sac in a sweep. One close game. Duncan High points
2.Suns rape Grizz
3.Nugs over Lakers in 6/7
4.Mavs over Clips in 6
East First round
1.Detroit over Sixers sweep
2.Heat over Bucks in 5
3.Nets over Jermaine in 6
4.Cavs over Arenas

West Semi's
1.Spurs over Mavs in 5. Mavs win game 3. Spurs win two blowouts and one comes down to last shot. Parker/Manu high points. Dirk has good series but role players are shut down
2.Suns over Nugs in 7. Competing styles should be fun to see

East Semi's
1.Piss over Cavs in 6 or 7(No answer for Lebron. Shows first signs of likeness to His Airness
2.Heat take Nets in 5. Shaq kills

East Finals
Detroit....

Gone Fishin
Heat's bench is too deep and ben is too short for shaq. Heat in 7. Heat do what everyone expected at the beginning

West Finals
Spurs take Suns in I want to say 5 but I'll be safe and say 6 as Suns show improvement on last year. All Tres Amigos average above 20 for the series and Mike averages over 15. Nazr over 9. Spurs do get significant amount of rest similar to last year. Tim and Pop awaits for the next chapter in the showdown between Tim and Diesel

THE 2006 NBA FINALS
Game One-Spurs win big at home. Tony wrecks shop. Heat dead tired after grueling series with Detroit. Spurs 97 Heat 81 Tony with 26. Tim with 20. Manu 16. Bruce steps up big rebounding from awful game one performance last year Spurs 1-0

Game Dos-Heat lead in first half but Spurs have big third quarter riding Tim's back. Tim drops from 26-30 pts. Spurs 88 heat 82 Spurs 2-0
Welcome to Miami Game Tres Flash and Shaq get Randy Moss and the stars out and put on a show. Heat 101 Spurs 88 Spurs 2-1
Game 4444-Tim OWNS but nobody steps up, except Mike who makes the Heat sick they didnt get him. Tim makes big shot at the end to make up for last year. Spurs win in OT 106-104 Spurs 3-1

Cinco -Shaq doesnt let his troops give up that east. Heat win by 1 to 6 Spurs 3-2

SEIS -Carbon copy of last years game 7 and '03 game 6. Runs decide whos the winner. Tim and Manu score the high points, but everyone steps up like Brunce last year. Bruce, Robert and Brent come up HUGE. Spurs win 84-79 Spurs 4-2

The Spurs win their fourth championship and 2nd in a row. Tim gets 4th finals MVP and as Michaels said "The riverwalk turns into Margaritaville." And the parade is better than ever.

I don't see why everyones do down after one back to back loss to a mediocre Denver. We are playing great. Remember how yall doubted them last year, well we are better now, and look how last year turned out.

SAN ANTONIO SPURS all the way in 2006. Back to Back Baby. Don't Believe KNOW

New Motto- "Suck it Cuban while we set the Sun cause Shaq is Whack and K-Marts gettin clubbed. We're the champs so fuck Artest...Piss on the Pistons, cause the Spurs are the FUCKING BEST (4 life)

Budkin
03-23-2006, 07:54 PM
There's some optimism for ya! The only thing I disagree with is that there is no way Miami is beating Detroit. Which obviously changes the Finals scenario. Spurs still win though!

Sspursin06
03-23-2006, 07:56 PM
i think detroit peaked too early and bench is not deep enough. my prediction however is like 55 to 45% so im not positive

Kori Ellis
03-24-2006, 01:10 AM
Nice thread.

West Semi's
1.Spurs over Mavs in 5. Mavs win game 3. Spurs win two blowouts and one comes down to last shot. Parker/Manu high points. Dirk has good series but role players are shut down
2.Suns over Nugs in 7. Competing styles should be fun to see

East Semi's
1.Piss over Cavs in 6 or 7(No answer for Lebron. Shows first signs of likeness to His Airness
2.Heat take Nets in 5. Shaq kills

I think Spurs-Mavs would go 6 and I think Pistons would take the Cavs in 5. With Zo out now, the Heat may have trouble with the Nets.

mavsfan1000
03-24-2006, 01:16 AM
Mavs win in 6 against the spurs :lol

SpursWillOwn
03-24-2006, 01:20 AM
Detroit in my opinion will play out the spurs and this time it would be no game 7s.. it'd be settled in 5 games depending on how nazr and gino is playin.. the rest of the team is rather consistent..

Rummpd
03-24-2006, 05:50 AM
Spurs over Miami (If Alonzo back, if not same prediction vs. Pistons) 4-3.

Spurs will go through Lakers, Clippers (who will upset Mavs in 7) and Suns. All series 4-2.

mavsfan1000
03-24-2006, 06:05 AM
Fiction can be fun Rummpd. No way the Clippers beat the mavs. The Clippers don't have anyone to guard Dirk and they don't have a shooting guarding like Kobe that would bother Dallas. Mavs in 5 or 6 against the Clippers, Mavs in 7 against the spurs, Suns in 6 against the mavs, and Suns in 6 against the Pistons. That's what will happen.

aaronstampler
03-24-2006, 02:11 PM
1 spurs
2 suns
3 nugs
4 mavs
5 grizz
6 clips
7 kings
8 lakers

Only upset here is Clips beat Nugs in round 1. They let Memphis pass them for the 5th seed for a reason, Den's a better matchup for them. Brand, Maggette, and Cassell are too much for Melo and the thugs to handle...
Kings give Suns a series, but Suns will prevail in six. Mavs beat Griz in five, ditto with Spurs and Lakers.

1. Pistons
2. Heat
3. Nets
4. Cavs
5. Pacers
6. Wiz
7. Sixers
8. Bucks

Pistons in five, Heat in six, but then a couple small upsets. Indy finally gets healthy and throttles an inexperienced Cavs team in six, and Wiz take it to heartless Vinsanity and win on the road in game 7.

2nd round...

Spurs over Mavs in 5. Defensive intensity indeed. Suns over Clips in six. Just too much firepower for the Clips to handle.

Pistons over Pacers in 7. This will be a low-scoring, boxing match type of series. Home court will ultimately prevail.... Heat over Wiz in five. No answers for Shaq in Washington.

Conference finals...
Spurs over Suns in six. A little closer than last year, but they still can't handle us on both ends of the floor consistently enough to win. Pistons over Heat in five. A completely one-sided mismatch, and to quote Bill Simmons, "I WILL NOT argue about this."

Finals... well it'll probably go to the team with home court and the healthier team. Right now both of those things point to the Pistons. But the season isn't over....

cheguevara
03-24-2006, 02:14 PM
as I look into the future I see...... a river parade

Vinnie_Johnson
03-24-2006, 02:32 PM
as I look into the future I see...... a river parade

What river in Detroit are you talking about?? :lol

cheguevara
03-24-2006, 02:39 PM
What river in Detroit are you talking about?? :lol

yes, I also see a river in Detroit, but a river of tears

T-Pain
03-24-2006, 02:40 PM

:lmao clever, clever

caŽlo
03-24-2006, 03:06 PM

witty. haha

himat
03-24-2006, 04:14 PM
For all of you who think heat will beat the pistons you should have watched the game on wednesady. Pistons missed every shot let shaq get layups, and we finishede the game with around 30% field goal percentage. We also were down 12 at 3 different times, but we still won.

Pistons sweep sixers
Pistons in 5 over indy
Pistons in 6 over miami

Spurs in 5 over kings (i don't see a sweep because ron artest has them playing very well.)
Spurs in 5 over mavs
Spurs in 6 over suns...

Finals: Detroit in 6, Rasheed Wallace Finals MVP
:)

Vizzini
03-24-2006, 04:22 PM
The two biggest hurdles to the Pistons winning the title (Heat, Spurs) are dealing with injuries right now. If the Pistons were to stay healthy, I would say they beat both of those teams in six games apiece. Shaq will not be effective after the second game of the ECF, and his team will suffer b/c of it, especially if Zo isn't 100%. Timmy D is a warrior, but I don't think he will be the Duncan of June of '05 this year. Pistons in six to win the title. CBill is the MVP once again.

101A
03-24-2006, 04:33 PM
Fo, Fi, Fi, Fi

Riverwalk parade.

101A
03-24-2006, 04:37 PM
...Mavs in 7 against the spurs...

Understanding with last night's loss AND trips yet to go to Detroit, Cleveland AND back here in SA that Dallas most assuredly will NOT have HCA in that series - you picking a win in ATT during a game 7??? VERY optimistic indeed. Say Mavs in 6 and at least you have SOME credibility.

Rummpd
03-24-2006, 10:34 PM
Fiction can be fun Rummpd. No way the Clippers beat the mavs. The Clippers don't have anyone to guard Dirk and they don't have a shooting guarding like Kobe that would bother Dallas. Mavs in 5 or 6 against the Clippers, Mavs in 7 against the spurs, Suns in 6 against the mavs, and Suns in 6 against the Pistons. That's what will happen.

The Clippers have nothing to lose, are arguebly just as talented position by postion, and it not like they would be playing a team in Dallas with a glorious playoff history if they face the Mavs. Pressure goes squarely on the Mavs!

If Mavs get by Clippers to say they would beat Spurs in 7 is also argueble. Healthy Spurs take out Mavs in 5-6.

mavsfan1000
03-24-2006, 11:30 PM

The Clippers have nothing to lose, are arguebly just as talented position by postion, and it not like they would be playing a team in Dallas with a glorious playoff history if they face the Mavs. Pressure goes squarely on the Mavs!

If Mavs get by Clippers to say they would beat Spurs in 7 is also argueble. Healthy Spurs take out Mavs in 5-6.
If everything went by reputation your predictions would be right but that doesn't decide it. Factors as key free agent signings (Diop and Griffin), Developing youth (Harris, Howard, Daniels, and Nowitzki), and slightly more experience all are factors this year.

ambchang
03-24-2006, 11:55 PM
I'd say Mavs will go through the playoffs 16-0 because/if their whole roster is healthy, and the refs called the game correctly every single time.

adrienne
03-24-2006, 11:57 PM
Spurs over Mavs in 7.:) Because I like to think the Mavs will have everyone back and they can give the Spurs a series...a very entertaining series I might add, though crushing in the end.

mikejones99
03-25-2006, 07:06 AM
101a is good prediction. Spurs over Denver is west finals and Heat over Pacers in East. 2006 NBA finals Spurs 4 Miami 3. Soon franchises in Seattle, Portland and Detroit are moved.

kalikot_boy_kr
03-25-2006, 07:52 AM
:elephant i see the river in the eyes of big mommazona wallace.hahaha!

Sspursin06
03-25-2006, 04:23 PM
hows everyone so high on detroit when we are playing so much better than them and we are banged up right now

1Parker1
03-25-2006, 04:31 PM
hows everyone so high on detroit when we are playing so much better than them and we are banged up right now

Because Detroit would most likely have HCA. Also, many people (ok well, at least me), just think Detroit is playing badly right now because they are bored. They have some tough games comming up, Mavs, Cavs, Heat again. So it'll be interesting to see how they play those games. Spurs can beat the Pistons, if Manu and Duncan can get a little bit healthier... HCA would also help.

zero signal
03-25-2006, 04:51 PM
Last year we weren't on top of the league going into the postseason either. Neither were the Pistons. And in seasons past, the Lakers were yawning their way through spring too.