Solid D
03-23-2006, 11:11 PM
Buzzer beater, Warriors win.

efrem1
03-23-2006, 11:12 PM
Eases the pain of last night a bit. :)

Viva Las Espuelas
i love it. i'm buying a warrior jersey tomorrow. yeeehhaawwwwww. VIVA LAS ESPUELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

T.F. Storm
Freaking good game. Everything seemed to go the Warriror's way there. Even that 37 foot three pointer that didnt count. :lol:

J-Rich at the buzzer!

efrem1
03-23-2006, 11:13 PM
Nice to know that the Spurs struggle with GS Tuesday wasn't unique.

Spurologist
03-23-2006, 11:13 PM
http://www.kepplerspeakers.com/speakers/pics/enberg-d.jpg

OH MY!!

Spurologist
03-23-2006, 11:14 PM

OH MY!!

Viva Las Espuelas
Freaking good game. Everything seemed to go the Warriror's way there. Even that 37 foot three pointer that didnt count. :lol:

J-Rich at the buzzer!
that should have counted. can you say "horse puckey"

Obstructed_View
Derek Fisher's shot could have been ruled continuation. Dirk scores 53 and can't close it out. M V P! M V P!

SpursWoman
03-23-2006, 11:15 PM
See...cleavage is more powerful than you can ever imagine. :smokin

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37085

Spurologist
03-23-2006, 11:16 PM
Dallas' new and improved defense on display.

OH MY!!

infinite styles
03-23-2006, 11:17 PM
Fisher's should have counted. The shot was clearly 0.4 of a second from the foul.

1Parker1
OUR MAGICAL POWERS ARE WORKING! :elephant

mavsfan1000
That Warriors team always gives Dallas trouble. Don't know why they don't play that more often but against Dallas their eyes seem to lighten up. That was fucking unbelievable.

Duncanfan
03-23-2006, 11:18 PM
This is why the Mavs will never be respected in this league.

1)They're so called SIXTH MAN of the YEAR (Stackhouse) is more of a cancer than a cure.

2)They don't have a real point guard.
3)They're centers can't score!
4)They commit too many stupid turnovers.

Dirk's starting to earn my respect this year. He's elevating his game and really doing his best.. but his team just sucks. DENVER,PHX,CLIPS,LAKERS,MEMPHIS, and SACTO can all beat the Mavs (no need to mention the Spurs because that's a given... :: HIGH FIVES EVERYONE!!!!! :smokin ::.

Sorry Mavs, you'll never get any respect from this site.. nor from media!

Amuseddaysleeper
03-23-2006, 11:19 PM
god damnit! i turned off the damn game b/c i thought it was over when armstrong hit both ft's!! :pctoss :pctoss :pctoss :pctoss :pctoss

anyways i'm glad dallas got sucker punched! :elephant :elephant

Solid D
03-23-2006, 11:19 PM
Ouch. Thayt's just a bit harsh thayre idn't-it?

mavsfan1000
03-23-2006, 11:20 PM
0.4 of a second from the foul.
:lol

Viva Las Espuelas
03-23-2006, 11:20 PM
This is why the Mavs will never respected in this league.

1)They're so called SIXTH MAN of the YEAR (Stackhouse) is more of a cancer than a cure.

Dirk's starting to earn my respect this year. He's elevating his game and really doing his best.. but his team just sucks. DENVER,PHX,CLIPS,LAKERS,MEMPHIS, and SACTO can all beat the Mavs (no need to mention the Spurs because that's a given... :: HIGH FIVES EVERYONE!!!!! :smokin ::.

ditto. earn it, dont demand it.

SpursWillOwn
03-23-2006, 11:22 PM
woo hooo we are 1.5 games up again

mavsfan1000
03-23-2006, 11:22 PM
Have fun now while Dallas is having injury problems. Once they get Howard and Harris back Dirk won't need to score that much. Anyways gotta give credit to the Warriors even though I hate their players. Particular Dunleavy.

T.F. Storm
03-23-2006, 11:23 PM
that should have counted. can you say "horse puckey"

I thought it looked good, but I guess the call could've went either way. If it hadnt been so close I could definetly see that being counted as a continuation.

But it doesnt really matter because in the end, the Mavs would have probably been better off had that counted. :lol

Viva Las Espuelas
03-23-2006, 11:24 PM
Have fun now while Dallas is having injury problems. Once they get Howard and Harris back Dirk won't need to score that much. Anyways gotta give credit to the Warriors even though I hate their players. Particular Dunleavy.
we'll have fun THROUGH the second round of the playoffs, son.

td4mvp21
03-23-2006, 11:24 PM

Poor Dallas, the only team in the NBA to face adversity during the regular season. I mean, lets just forget about all the other superstars who have been out "just a couple of games".

Obstructed_View
03-23-2006, 11:28 PM
Yeah, Baron Davis sure owned the undermanned Mavs tonight. :rolleyes

1Parker1
03-23-2006, 11:28 PM

Dude, seriously, get off the stupid injury argument. You make it seem like Howard and Harris are on par with Kobe or TMac in talent. If Dallas prides itself on having the best bench in the NBA...they should be able to win more games without you having to constantly use the "injury arguement."

Mavs are a great team, Dirk is having an MVP season, and yes Harris and Howard are being missed. Difference is...great teams find ways to win despite all this. Look at the Spurs... look at the Suns. Until Mavs prove themselves in the postseason, you're not going to get anyone to buy into their hype.

dieman8686
03-23-2006, 11:29 PM
Oh, please at least we lost in fashion by a buzzer beater, unlike your Spurs who lost before 5 minutes were left in the 4th qtr, hows that about you defense. I'm just countering the morons bashing the Mavs right now, saying no defense...apparantly you don't understand the concepts of really close games of defending. Funny thign is that for half the game we were playign with the UNDRAFTED group of the unknowns, and we were able to score 121, plus the great incentive of Dirk gettign 51 :drunk and getting hotter as we go into the playoffs :depressed . So overall I'm not that depressed, I was just in awe when that buzzer beater went in.

mavsfan1000
03-23-2006, 11:32 PM
Omg Dallas lost in a hail mary attempt by the Warriors. You freaking idiots act like Dallas shouldn't lose any regular season games. Btw Jason Richardson was guarded by Rawle Marshall. I doubt he scores 40 with Adrian Griffin or Josh Howard on him. Talking smack when Dallas is missing 4 of their top 8 players. The warriors were only missing one player. There is a big difference.

efrem1
03-23-2006, 11:32 PM
Love to look on the Mavs board now. They would have things like "Fire Avery!" or "We just too soft to beat the Warriors." At least the Spurs have not lost at home to any sub-500 team. :)

dieman8686
03-23-2006, 11:35 PM
Dude, seriously, get off the stupid injury argument. You make it seem like Howard and Harris are on par with Kobe or TMac in talent. If Dallas prides itself on having the best bench in the NBA...they should be able to win more games without you having to constantly use the "injury arguement."

Mavs are a great team, Dirk is having an MVP season, and yes Harris and Howard are being missed. Difference is...great teams find ways to win despite all this. Look at the Spurs... look at the Suns. Until Mavs prove themselves in the postseason, you're not going to get anyone to buy into their hype.

When we talk about having the greatest bench this season is because the ease of rotations of players and combinations that can be used. Sure it also means when someone is injured, the deep bench will bail us out, but not when almsot the whole bench is out, how is that deep now....
Take out Howard, take out GIno, take out Harris, take of the drive in's of Tony and make him take jump shots, so please don't bash them by saying they are no TMACS etc...(dont tell us the obvious), I would wonder hwo good the Spurs would do with the exempts I gave you, but including that Tim Duncan would be at 100% only. :oops

mavsfan1000
03-23-2006, 11:35 PM
The Warriors have the mavs number. Dallas has struggled against this team last year as well. It is not a good matchup for Dallas. Especially Jason Richardson. He plays like Kobe against us.

SpursWillOwn
03-23-2006, 11:36 PM
J-Rich is such a clutch player.. Dirk rarely scores more than 30 tonight was a great night for him but the warriors still managed to steal a win..

1Parker1
03-23-2006, 11:37 PM
Oh, please at least we lost in fashion by a buzzer beater, unlike your Spurs who lost before 5 minutes were left in the 4th qtr, hows that about you defense. I'm just countering the morons bashing the Mavs right now, saying no defense...apparantly you don't understand the concepts of really close games of defending. Funny thign is that for half the game we were playign with the UNDRAFTED group of the unknowns, and we were able to score 121, plus the great incentive of Dirk gettign 51 :drunk and getting hotter as we go into the playoffs :depressed . So overall I'm not that depressed, I was just in awe when that buzzer beater went in.

Calm down and re-read my post. I didn't say anything about Mavs losing to the lottery bound Warriors...Spurs had a tough time with them as well. I was countering yet another post by Mavsfan1000 in which he bitches about "injuries" after every single Mavs loss...as if that's the only justification for them losing. How about sometimes, Mavs just get outplayed? How about sometimes, their defense gets soft? How about sometimes, the great Stackhouse sucks ass?? Stop using the injury excuse after every loss is all I'm saying.

CHAMPS AGAIN
03-23-2006, 11:38 PM
This is why the Mavs will never be respected in this league.

you forget the main reason,we lost because of the REFS. :lol :lol

mavsfan1000
03-23-2006, 11:39 PM
The injury excuse is that Stackhouse is forced to play more and that is a bad thing. I will admit Stackhouse sucks ass and the best place for him is the 12th man. :lol

pking
woo hooo we are 1.5 games up again

Spurs are only .5 game up. One less loss, same amount of wins.

That one hurt. I felt like I was going to vomit.

Dirk w/ 51 points on 24 shots.

Mavs knock down the first 31 FT attempts, start missing the clutch..wtf?

Ah, no excuses here....honestly though, I just wish everybody was healthy again.

Obstructed_View
When we talk about having the greatest bench this season is because the ease of rotations of players and combinations that can be used. Sure it also means when someone is injured, the deep bench will bail us out, but not when almsot the whole bench is out, how is that deep now....
Take out Howard, take out GIno, take out Harris, take of the drive in's of Tony and make him take jump shots, so please don't bash them by saying they are no TMACS etc...(dont tell us the obvious), I would wonder hwo good the Spurs would do with the exempts I gave you, but including that Tim Duncan would be at 100% only. :oops
Please stop with comparing Howard and Harris to Ginobili and Parker. It's ridiculous.

Obstructed_View
03-23-2006, 11:40 PM
Spurs are only .5 game up. One less loss, same amount of wins.
I think they were referring to the fact that the Spurs own the tiebreakers. Dallas probably has to finish a game better to win the division.

Amuseddaysleeper
03-23-2006, 11:40 PM
spurs >>>> dallas

even the dallas fans know that

dieman8686
03-23-2006, 11:42 PM
I'm not giving any excuses here like some of you Spurs game here after the Denver loss, I'm still proud of my Mavs. And Mavsfan is really nto helping.. by giving bullshit excuses, but then people attack him on about his claims on injuries an they go over the limit like its no big deal about the injuries, but what team is better of with injuries so enough about the injury talk. Just be happy they lost and that we won't be tied up again with yall, and let it be... was a good and enjoying game to watch :fro

Duff McCartney
03-23-2006, 11:43 PM
The most glaring stat of all is that Dirk and Terry combined for 80+ points and the Mavericks still lose.

infinite styles
03-23-2006, 11:44 PM
I think they were referring to the fact that the Spurs own the tiebreakers. Dallas probably has to finish a game better to win the division.

You beat me to that one.
:depressed

dieman8686
03-23-2006, 11:44 PM
Please stop with comparing Howard and Harris to Ginobili and Parker. It's ridiculous.
Idiot I'm not comparing them striaght up, its by their attributes and what they mean to the team. I only compared Tony's driving layup power in the paint(Devin does this with us) and not the whole player. I thought you would be smart to catch on with this.... I'd be stupid to actually believe wut you said, which well for you...

Viva Las Espuelas
03-23-2006, 11:47 PM

wow. all this statement needs is icing and party favors.

dieman8686
03-23-2006, 11:48 PM
Calm down and re-read my post. I didn't say anything about Mavs losing to the lottery bound Warriors...Spurs had a tough time with them as well. I was countering yet another post by Mavsfan1000 in which he bitches about "injuries" after every single Mavs loss...as if that's the only justification for them losing. How about sometimes, Mavs just get outplayed? How about sometimes, their defense gets soft? How about sometimes, the great Stackhouse sucks ass?? Stop using the injury excuse after every loss is all I'm saying.
Ya, no kidding him bitching makes us Mavs fans look bad....the same way a couple of your fans do it in this post, but I'm glad that other Spurs bash on them for giving excuses.

pking
03-23-2006, 11:48 PM
Dallas wouldn't get respect even if they did it in the playoffs :lol At least from the media, it'd be all about the other teams issues, not what the Mavs did right.

That's alright though.

infinite styles
03-23-2006, 11:49 PM
I'm not giving any excuses here like some of you Spurs game here after the Denver loss, I'm still proud of my Mavs. And Mavsfan is really nto helping.. by giving bullshit excuses, but then people attack him on about his claims on injuries an they go over the limit like its no big deal about the injuries, but what team is better of with injuries so enough about the injury talk. Just be happy they lost and that we won't be tied up again with yall, and let it be... was a good and enjoying game to watch :fro

I think the problem here is that we all know that this is a Spurs board and not to say that no fans from other teams can come in and speak their peace, but we as fans we'll go after a rival that just lost. Mavs lost so Spurs fans rejoice and all is well but you can't expect not to celebrate. So I suggest that you keep defending your team to the fullest but do not expect others to "let it be..."

You have to admit Mavsfan1000 doesn't make it any better... :lol

infinite styles
03-23-2006, 11:51 PM
Dallas wouldn't get respect even if they did it in the playoffs :lol At least from the media, it'd be all about the other teams issues, not what the Mavs did right.

That's alright though.

I seriously doubt that. The media would salivate at the mouth if the Mavs could put together a great championship run. Who do you think they would rather have on top Spurs, Pistons or Mavs?

sanman53
03-23-2006, 11:52 PM
I wonder what Cuban will have on his blog tomorrow???

Derek Fisher V0.4
03-23-2006, 11:53 PM
I'm so glad the warriors won! I hate _Allas anyways. It was a great game by both teams although I wish D-fish would of had a better game. man, he struggle big time, but thanks to the best dunker ever, d-fish didnt have to worry about his performance.

Nice buzzer beater J-rich!!

Jimcs50
03-23-2006, 11:53 PM
We are .5 games up on Dallas but we have played 34 Home and 34 Road

Dallas has played 33 Road and 36 Home games

Advantage Spurs

dieman8686
03-23-2006, 11:54 PM
Exactly...I'm just defending my team from ignorant comments, but like you say I' can't change their mines, since I'm in a Spurs forum. Just takes off the stress of the loss too :spin ....

1Parker1
03-23-2006, 11:55 PM
PS. If the Mavs had won tonight...I think that would have upped Dirk's standing in the MVP polling.

Obstructed_View
03-23-2006, 11:57 PM
Idiot I'm not comparing them striaght up, its by their attributes and what they mean to the team. I only compared Tony's driving layup power in the paint(Devin does this with us) and not the whole player. I thought you would be smart to catch on with this.... I'd be stupid to actually believe wut you said, which well for you...
"Take out Howard, take out GIno (sic)". That sounds pretty fucking straight up to me, junior. You are a retard.

infinite styles
03-23-2006, 11:58 PM
PS. If the Mavs had won tonight...I think that would have upped Dirk's standing in the MVP polling.

Yeah prolly would have put him right behind Nash still. But damn those Mavs commentators were practically begging for him to get it. "I know this is a nationally televised game so if you have a vote you better make it for Dirk." But I guess we weren't any better when DRob got his.
:angel

mavsfan1000
03-23-2006, 11:58 PM
Dirk did choke tonight I'll admit that as well. He should've made that free throw and grab that one rebound strong instead of dribbling into traffic but hardly did Dallas get their hearts ripped out on one regular season game. That is just a little overdramatic I'd say.

infinite styles
03-24-2006, 12:00 AM
Dirk did choke tonight I'll admit that as well. He should've made that free throw and grab that one rebound strong instead of dribbling into traffic but hardly did Dallas get their hearts ripped out on one regular season game. That is just a little overdramatic I'd say.

Getting beat on your homecourt at the buzzer by a lottery team is pretty disheartening no matter what time of the season it is. Losing by one will kill a team more than getting blown out.

pking
03-24-2006, 12:01 AM
I seriously doubt that. The media would salivate at the mouth if the Mavs could put together a great championship run. Who do you think they would rather have on top Spurs, Pistons or Mavs?

I dunno..I just don't see it that way. I see that if the Mavs make it by the Spurs, it'll be because TD has planterwhatever (:lol) and isn't 100%; make it past the Suns, it's because Amare didn't have his legs back or something along those lines...
oops!

Everybody wants to bitch about Mavs fans making injury excuses. I do think it's stupid to blame losses on injuries but I also think it's kind of obvious that being down 4 of your top 8 or 9 guys does make things a hell of alot more difficult. I think struggling right now is relatively understandable. Not that I'm saying the losing is acceptable, but things aren't going to go as smoothly and that makes sense considering we have alot less options.

mavsfan1000
03-24-2006, 12:03 AM
Getting beat on your homecourt at the buzzer by a lottery team is pretty disheartening no matter what time of the season it is. Losing by one will kill a team more than getting blown out.
The warriors are a much better team than their record shows. Anyways Jason Richardson overachieved tonight and was unconscious. When that happens even the spurs could lose like what Carmello did last night. A loss is a loss no matter what the score was. If Dallas was fully healthy and they loss that would be more disheartening but they got something to fall back on.

dieman8686
03-24-2006, 12:03 AM
"Take out Howard, take out GIno (sic)". That sounds pretty fucking straight up to me, junior. You are a retard.
Don't be hurting I see you had no comment on what I said about tony and only base you Retard attack on the Gino and Howard. Once again ATTRIBUTES AND WHAT THEY MEAN TO THEIR TEAM. Do I have to give his name in there... it's called an ellipsis look it up .... guess I have to do this with you [insert so this idiot can understand]. Plus you can't compare your Gino to a TMAC either where he can't even be mentioned with Howard....

cs100
03-24-2006, 12:04 AM
If _allas and SA tie for best record, what is the tiebreaker order?

Is it division record first or conference record?

We have played one less game than _allas. If we win tommorrow against Portland, it will be one full game over _allas. Alot can happen before the end of the season.

_allas had a very good game. There was not much to the defense ( as noted by the score of 122-121), but it was a great shootout. Dirk has a killer jump shot. Richardson had a great game.

pking
03-24-2006, 12:05 AM
conference.

Amuseddaysleeper
03-24-2006, 12:05 AM
Don't be hurting I see you had no comment on what I said about tony and only base you Retard attack on the Gino and Howard. Once again ATTRIBUTES AND WHAT THEY MEAN TO THEIR TEAM. Do I have to give his name in there... it;s called in ellipsis look it up .... guess I have to do this withe you [insert so this idiot can understand]. Plus you can't compare your Gino to a TMAC either where he can't even be mentioned with Howard....

gino

2003 nba champion
2004 olympic gold medalist
2005 nba champion

howard

wears braces or desperately needs them

end of discussion

Amuseddaysleeper
03-24-2006, 12:06 AM
If _allas and SA tie for best record, what is the tiebreaker order?

Is it division record first or conference record?

We have played one less game than _allas. If we win tommorrow against Portland, it will be one full game over _allas. Alot can happen before the end of the season.

_allas had a very good game. There was not much to the defense ( as noted by the score of 122-121), but it was a great shootout. Dirk has a killer jump shot. Richardson had a great game.

we OWN dallas

we lead tie breaker and by the time april 7th comes along that spurs mavericks matchup we'll be pointless since we already have it in the bag much like 2003. we need to focus on detroit who very well can beat us

Looter
03-24-2006, 12:08 AM
Psssssssssssssssssssssssst! regular season game, remember?

1Parker1
03-24-2006, 12:08 AM

Spurs struggled against said lottery team just a few nights ago on their own Homecourt :rolleyes

That was a miracle, clutch shot followed by a little Dirk choking that lost them the game. Oh well, not like they're out of the playoff race.

infinite styles
03-24-2006, 12:09 AM
I dunno..I just don't see it that way. I see that if the Mavs make it by the Spurs, it'll be because TD has planterwhatever and isn't 100% (:lol); make it past the Suns, it's because Amare didn't have his legs back or something along those lines...

Sure the media would say things like "a healthy Tim" or "if Amare..." but all of that would be overshadowed by the fact that the Mavs, a team that was always great in the regular season but average in the Playoffs, a team that could never play on defense, finally became a champion. You can't deny that winning this year for the Mavs would erase what they used to be. All you have heard all year long is "these aren't the same old Mavs" If you ask me the media is just dying to shower them with respect.

dieman8686
03-24-2006, 12:11 AM
gino

2003 nba champion
2004 olympic gold medalist
2005 nba champion

howard

wears braces or desperately needs them

end of discussion
Was this a one man team?(did he even win Finals MVP at least?) Proved my point Gino was needed(just like we need Howard on our team to win, an not neccessarly meaning winning a championship, like some of you morons would take it) to win those championships. And you counter me with Howards appearance or what he wears, uses? Lets get this ON the court please.

end of discussion

Keep this shit up, this is relieving me of the stress and kind of making me forget more and more about the loss.

Solid D
03-24-2006, 12:13 AM
Spurs fans, remember Milwaukee.

Amuseddaysleeper
03-24-2006, 12:15 AM
Spurs fans, remember Milwaukee.

and utah

and phoenix (rd 1 of 2003)

and HOUSTON

and the lakers

the list could go on and on

Obstructed_View
03-24-2006, 12:19 AM
Don't be hurting I see you had no comment on what I said about tony and only base you Retard attack on the Gino and Howard. Once again ATTRIBUTES AND WHAT THEY MEAN TO THEIR TEAM. Do I have to give his name in there... it;s called in ellipsis look it up .... guess I have to do this withe you [insert so this idiot can understand]. Plus you can't compare your Gino to a TMAC either where he can't even be mentioned with Howard....
Is there a sentence somewhere in there that makes sense? Don't compare your scrubs with all-stars; it just makes you look more pathetic. Your team got beat because they can't hit free throws in the clutch or play defense. It's a good thing they've got their seven foot shooting guard to keep them in the games.

infinite styles
03-24-2006, 12:19 AM
Spurs struggled against said lottery team just a few nights ago on their own Homecourt :rolleyes

That was a miracle, clutch shot followed by a little Dirk choking that lost them the game. Oh well, not like they're out of the playoff race.

I'm sorry but I don't understand what point you are trying to make.

T Park
03-24-2006, 12:21 AM
guarded by Rawle Marshall

let me guess, hes the Mavericks new defensive stopper.

Its a miracle that Richardson even got a shot off.

FromWayDowntown
03-24-2006, 12:23 AM
122 points allowed? at home?

Did I read that correctly?

mavsfan1000
03-24-2006, 12:24 AM
let me guess, hes the Mavericks new defensive stopper.

Its a miracle that Richardson even got a shot off.
No he is a subpar defender. He is too skinny to be a defensive stopper. Griffin is the only mavs defensive stopper at the 2 or 3 followed by Josh Howard. Devin Harris is the best all around player at the 1. Van Horn can give Dirk more rest time instead of having to play him 40+ minutes but you got a point on why support a band of losers. :lol

SlasherX
03-24-2006, 12:25 AM
Tonight was Allas vs Warriors

mavsfan1000
03-24-2006, 12:27 AM
Anyone who watched the game would realize that Dallas's defense wasn't that bad. It was the Warriors making tough shot after shot. Just watch that Fisher shot and you get the idea.

dieman8686
03-24-2006, 12:29 AM
Is there a sentence somewhere in there that makes sense? Don't compare your scrubs with all-stars; it just makes you look more pathetic. Your team got beat because they can't hit free throws in the clutch or play defense. It's a good thing they've got their seven foot shooting guard to keep them in the games.
Is that it...? I don't want to repeat myself again. All-stars doesn't really mean much to me, especially if they been All-stars one time each. Its like me attacking you on one game because your Spurs miss A ft(they miss a lol) on one game. They have been clutch all season long beating teams in fourth qters so please...

Care to explain what I said, sure it doesn't make sense, or do you agree with it by avoiding it? I surely thought you would grasp the Ideas from here, but once again you have disappointed me...AYE CARAMBA!

dieman8686
03-24-2006, 12:31 AM
Tonight was Allas vs Warriors
No comment(ROFL).

FromWayDowntown
03-24-2006, 12:31 AM
How do you outshoot a team 54% to 47%, outrebound that team by 11, shoot 10 more free throws and make 10 more free throws, at home, and lose to a team that isn't going to make the playoffs?

I wonder if AJ regrets his 4th Quarter T?

mavsfan1000
03-24-2006, 12:34 AM
I respect some of your opinions FWD but the Warriors were just jacking up 3 pointers and they all were going in. It is hard to guard against that. Alot of them were made in desperation which are the hardest to defend.

FromWayDowntown
03-24-2006, 12:35 AM
edited for content

T Park
03-24-2006, 12:37 AM
:lol

cs100
Anyone who watched the game would realize that Dallas's defense wasn't that bad. It was the Warriors making tough shot after shot. Just watch that Fisher shot and you get the idea.

I watched the game and I thought that _allas, as usual, played defense some of the time. They are not disciplined enough to play D for 48 minutes. That is what they significantly lack in the defensive scheme -- consistency for 48 minutes. A team that scores 122 points on you is not just "hot", but are opened. Just a couple of days ago when the Spurs played the Warriors, we somehow managed to keep their score under 100 (96 to be exact). Our defense is not as sharp as it needs to be, but it is much better than _allas.

Xylus
The Warriors shot about 20 more shots than the Mavericks, because Dallas had 20 turnovers. That could be a contributing factor.

FromWayDowntown
03-24-2006, 12:39 AM
The Warriors shot about 20 more shots than the Mavericks, because Dallas had 20 turnovers. That could be a contributing factor.

I'd say that's the difference. GST had 18 more FGA. Oddly, though, they only had 3 more FGM, were +5 in 3's, but -10 in FT. You rarely see games like that, from a statistical standpoint.

pking
03-24-2006, 12:40 AM
Sigur Ros fan?

mavsfan1000
Dallas needs a true point guard. I'm not going to say his name but I got an idea who could fix that problem.

T Park
If Dallas was fully healthy and they loss that would be more disheartening but they got something to fall back on.

I dont think Josh Howard nor Keith Van Horn are that injured..

FromWayDowntown
03-24-2006, 12:41 AM
Dallas needs a true point guard. I'm not going to say his name but I got an idea who could fix that problem.

John Stockton?

Amuseddaysleeper

you guys already gave away steve nash

and sigur ros is an excellent band whose album cover is shown in xylus's avatar

Obstructed_View
Steve Nash?

T Park
03-24-2006, 12:42 AM
I'm not going to say his name but I got an idea who could fix that problem.

Brad Davis?

mavsfan1000
03-24-2006, 12:43 AM
I was going to say Devin Harris but I wasn't supposed to mention injuries. Harris>>>Armstrong or Terry at handling the ball.

pking
03-24-2006, 12:43 AM
GREAT band. I want to see them live so bad. Apparently it's an amazing show.

FromWayDowntown
03-24-2006, 12:44 AM
I was going to say Devin Harris but I wasn't supposed to mention injuries. Harris>>>Armstrong or Terry at handling the ball.

Oh, that's right -- my bad, I forgot that Devin Harris is the biggest difference maker in the NBA right now. I'll try to remember that from now on.

pking
03-24-2006, 12:45 AM

Devin means more to the Mavs than most casual fans/fans of other teams realize. His injury is a big deal.

Amuseddaysleeper
03-24-2006, 12:45 AM
GREAT band. I want to see them live so bad. Apparently it's an amazing show.

i work the ticketmaster outlet and tickets went superfast for them up here in toronto. and here i was thinking i'm the only indie sports fan in the world :lol

T Park
03-24-2006, 12:47 AM
Devin Harris of course.

LOL

the greatest PG in NBA history...

Obstructed_View
03-24-2006, 12:47 AM
Oh, that's right -- my bad, I forgot that Devin Harris is the biggest difference maker in the NBA right now. I'll try to remember that from now on.
Haven't you heard? He's as good as Tony Parker but he plays defense like Bowen.

Derek Fisher V0.4
03-24-2006, 12:48 AM
I'd take offense to that.

Obstructed_View
03-24-2006, 12:48 AM
Devin means more to the Mavs injured than he means to them healthy.

pking
03-24-2006, 12:49 AM
i work the ticketmaster outlet and tickets went superfast for them up here in toronto. and here i was thinking i'm the only indie sports fan in the world :lol

:lol I'm always shocked when I'm talking to sports fans who like the same kind of music -- it's pretty rare. I get typically bashed by people who are into the same kind of music as me because they think sports fans don't know shit about music and I get bashed by sports fans because I'm a chick and they all think girls don't know shit about the game. Ohh well.

They were here not too long ago but I missed out.

dieman8686
03-24-2006, 12:50 AM
Wow stop being sarcastic and hyperbolic about this, every time you put or make smart-allic comments, in which we all know thats not what Mavsfan or someone else meant.

Amuseddaysleeper
03-24-2006, 12:51 AM
:lol I'm always shocked when I'm talking to sports fans who like the same kind of music -- it's pretty rare. I get typically bashed by people who are into the same kind of music as me because they think sports fans don't know shit about music and I get bashed by sports fans because I'm a chick and they all think girls don't know shit about the game. Ohh well.

They were here not too long ago but I missed out.

yeah, most of my friends with similiar tastes in music HATE sports while my friends that enjoy sports listen to some crap like Kid Rock or Linkin park (sigh)
I wasnt too crazy about the Life Aquatic when compared to wes anderson's other films which were all brilliant, but the sigur ros song in the final scene was used beautifully

pking
03-24-2006, 12:52 AM
yeah, most of my friends with similiar tastes in music HATE sports while my friends that enjoy sports listen to some crap like Kid Rock or Linkin park (sigh)
Exactly. I like that someone else knows how it feels :lol

Amuseddaysleeper
03-24-2006, 12:55 AM
Exactly. I like that someone else knows how it feels :lol

haha, outta curiosity what other bands are you into?

also, sorry to the other posters if we're hiijacking this thread!

mavsfan1000
03-24-2006, 12:55 AM
Devin Harris of course.

LOL

the greatest PG in NBA history...
Isn't it about time for you to quit on your team? Devin Harris is Dallas's best pure point guard. Terry is a shooting guard in a point guards body.

cs100
03-24-2006, 12:56 AM

:lol I understand your hesitancy. I hear that Harris will be the PG of the future for the Mavs. He is good, but still has a lot to learn. But he is better than Terry.

DannyT
03-24-2006, 12:58 AM
i love it. i'm buying a warrior jersey tomorrow. yeeehhaawwwwww. VIVA LAS ESPUELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

que son LAS ESPUELAS..... :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant

T Park
03-24-2006, 12:58 AM
Isn't it about time for you to quit on your team

lol

sigh

you morons all love to fall back on that supposed "rip"

Hilarious.

pking
03-24-2006, 01:00 AM
haha, outta curiosity what other bands are you into?

also, sorry to the other posters if we're hiijacking this thread!

I actually saw Life Aquatic but I honestly do not remember anything about the end of the movie...I want to hear/see what the hell everybody is talking about.

I'm into a bunch of different stuff.. not too much indie type stuff, actually. I like Turin Brakes, Coldplay, Pearl Jam, Al Green, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Aqualung, Richard Ashcroft, Travis, Tori Amos, Stevie Wonder, Stereophonics, Secret Machines, Incubus, John Legend, Pete Yorn, Paloalto, Our Lady Peace, Nirvana, The Moody Blues, Marvin Gaye, Jack Johnson, Frou Frou, The Fray, Doves, The Fire Theft, Sunny Day Real Estate, CCR, Cake, Bjork, Ben Harper, Audioslave, Soundgarden, Bill Withers, Radiohead, Damien Rice, Eric Clapton, Fiona Apple, Foo Fighters, Wilco, Sublime, Stroke 9, Sting, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Spoon, Pink Floyd, Rage Against The Machine, Massive Attack, Mike Oldfield, Miles Davis, Oasis, Rival Schools, Santana, Sigur Ros, Snow Patrol, Smashing Pumpkins, 30 Seconds To Mars, Ben Folds, Jeff Buckley, John Coltrane, Kenna, Greenwheel, Kent, Leaves, Maroon 5, Muse, Nick Drake, Elvis Costello, The Roots, Silverchair, etc...

^^totally just jacked that off of my myspace :lol

You?

And yes, I apologize for the hijacking as well.

cs100
03-24-2006, 01:02 AM
Ya'll probably should go to The Club and start a new thread. ^^

Xylus
03-24-2006, 01:02 AM

Man, Sigur Ros is never going to come to Arizona. :( I think I might have to travel to California if I ever plan on seeing them.

And yes, I absolutely love Sigur Ros. They're my favorite band of the moment. Agaetis Byrjun is a brilliant album, and Takk.. is as well. :)

Amuseddaysleeper
03-24-2006, 01:04 AM
I actually saw Life Aquatic but I honestly do not remember anything about the end of the movie...I want to hear/see what the hell everybody is talking about.

I'm into a bunch of different stuff.. not too much indie type stuff, actually. I like Turin Brakes, Coldplay, Pearl Jam, Al Green, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Aqualung, Richard Ashcroft, Travis, Tori Amos, Stevie Wonder, Stereophonics, Secret Machines, Incubus, John Legend, Pete Yorn, Paloalto, Our Lady Peace, Nirvana, The Moody Blues, Marvin Gaye, Jack Johnson, Frou Frou, The Fray, Doves, The Fire Theft, Sunny Day Real Estate, CCR, Cake, Bjork, Ben Harper, Audioslave, Soundgarden, Bill Withers, Radiohead, Damien Rice, Eric Clapton, Fiona Apple, Foo Fighters, Wilco, Sublime, Stroke 9, Sting, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Spoon, Pink Floyd, Rage Against The Machine, Massive Attack, Mike Oldfield, Miles Davis, Oasis, Rival Schools, Santana, Sigur Ros, Snow Patrol, Smashing Pumpkins, 30 Seconds To Mars, Ben Folds, Jeff Buckley, John Coltrane, Kenna, Greenwheel, Kent, Leaves, Maroon 5, Muse, Nick Drake, Elvis Costello, The Roots, Silverchair, etc...

^^totally just jacked that off of my myspace :lol

You?

And yes, I apologize for the hijacking as well.

very nice choice of bands, good to see that you appreciate some jazz

here's my list, also taken from my myspace :lol

Nirvana, Weezer, Smiths, Pixies, Pavement, Guided by Voices, Blur, Zombies, Beatles, Husker Du, Replacements, Minutemen, Joy Division, Jeff Buckley, Cat Power, Dinosaur Jr, Interpol, Strokes, Morrissey, Wire, Sonic Youth, Sufjan Stevens, Kinks, XTC, Mission of Burma, Pulp, Stone Roses, REM, Broken Social Scene, Nick Drake, David Bowie, Slint, Beach Boys, Futureheads, Television, Clap Your Hands and Yeah, Talking Heads, Lou Reed, Meat Puppets, Gang of Four, Descendents, Jens Lekman, M83, Jesus &; Mary Chain, Clash, Iggy Pop, Stooges, Pere Ubu, Flaming Lips, Wilco, Elvis Costello, Violent Femmes, Beck, Gorillaz, Buzzcocks, New Order, Pete Yorn, Sunny Day Real Estate, Yo La Tengo, Bjork, Fiery Furnaces, Nada Surf, Decemberists, Sleater-Kinney, Rolling Stones, New York Dolls, Cure, Elliot Smith, New Pornographers, Bad Brains, The Fall, X, Belle &; Sebastian, Neutral Milk Hotel, Liz Phair, Trees Cause Pollution, Jon Brion, Pearl Jam, Brian Eno, Chameleons, Wrens, Arcade Fire, Bob Dylan, Andrew Bird, Stars, Architecture in Helsinki, Breeders, Frank Black, My Bloody Valentine, Velvet Underground, Suede, Oasis, White Stripes, Nico, Antony and the Johnsons, and many many many more

i was gonna highlight the bands from your list that i liked but there were too many! and yeah i am big on the indie scene (i work at a record store when im not in school, go figure!)

leemajors
03-24-2006, 01:05 AM

don't hate on the mask...

Amuseddaysleeper
Ya'll probably should go to The Club and start a new thread. ^^

dont you see whats happening!? a spurs fan and a mavs fan GETTING ALONG

this could be a new beginning!

ladies and gentlemen i give you

Spavericktalk.com!!

and yeah sigur ros barely tours north america so when they come people are dying to get their tickets.

Hooters Girl
Anyone want to talk about Sex? Go here

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=819469#post819469

pking
03-24-2006, 01:06 AM
Man, Sigur Ros is never going to come to Arizona. :( I think I might have to travel to California if I ever plan on seeing them.

And yes, I absolutely love Sigur Ros. They're my favorite band of the moment. Agaetis Byrjun is a brilliant album, and Takk.. is as well. :)

I actually like ( ) the most probably. I have Von and Von Brigši but I really haven't listened to them much.

Chris Childs
excuse me but i was just wondering, why do yall call Dallas _allas?

Amuseddaysleeper
I actually like ( ) the most probably. I have Von and Von Brigši but I really haven't listened to them much.

() is definitely their best album, Tekk isn't bad but I havent given it enough time I dont think.

SpursWillOwn

After some serious thoughts i think Devin Harris is goin to make it into the hall of fame tomorrow.. He passes like magic johnson and shoots like michael jordan.. The future of mavs is in him..

Amuseddaysleeper
03-24-2006, 01:07 AM

because of their lack of "D"efense

mavsfan1000
03-24-2006, 01:07 AM
There's no D in Dallas as in defense which was started a few years ago and people have held onto it despite the obvious improvements the last 2 years.

SpursWillOwn
03-24-2006, 01:08 AM
a Dallas team without "D" (defense) is called _allas

Chris Childs
03-24-2006, 01:08 AM
Oh thanks Amuseddaysleeper LOL! i never thought of that

Amuseddaysleeper
03-24-2006, 01:09 AM
Oh thanks Amuseddaysleeper LOL! i never thought of that

ha! anytime

aaronstampler
03-24-2006, 01:09 AM
We'd have to go to double or triple OT to allow 122 to the Warriors. Mavs or Suns can't D up anybody when it counts.

mavsfan1000
03-24-2006, 01:10 AM
After some serious thoughts i think Devin Harris is goin to make it into the hall of fame tomorrow.. He passes like magic johnson and shoots like michael jordan.. The future of mavs is in him..
Well I have high expectations for him just like the spurs had high expectations for Parker. I see Harris becoming the next Tony Parker in a couple years. That isn't too far fetched. Harris might even be a better passer as well.

aaronstampler
03-24-2006, 01:10 AM
There's no D in Dallas as in defense which was started a few years ago and people have held onto it despite the obvious improvements the last 2 years.

By obvious do you mean giving up 63 in the second half to a gimpy Tim and Manu, or giving up 122 to a pathetic Warriors team?

Spurologist
03-24-2006, 01:13 AM

The improvements showed tonight.

mavsfan1000
03-24-2006, 01:13 AM
The Warriors are far from a pathetic team. They are underachieving big time and only play well against the best teams. Other games they don't seem to give a shit. Not as bad as losing to the Hawks though.

pking
03-24-2006, 01:14 AM
Ah, some good stuff on your list as well! Yea, I like some Jazz, definently. That's gotta be fun to work at a record store. I'm a slave to the corporate world, do that whole 8-5 office job BS...I'd totally dig working at a record store, though. There's some sweet little shops downtown where you can find the best stuff. They'd be fun to work at.

Yea, getting along now...let's see 4/7. :lol

Daddys Girl
03-24-2006, 01:17 AM
Anyone want to talk about Sex? Go here

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=819469#post819469

see you there!

Amuseddaysleeper
03-24-2006, 01:18 AM
haha we get along fine until the second round of the playoffs! but yeah the record store is great, listen to any cd you want (its part of a chain of stores but not nearly as corporate as most music stores, very very easy going and not strict at all) we did however, have this one girl who listened to all that emo crap like my chemical romance, as i lay dying, fall out boy, atreyu, and i swear to god everytime she played a an emo CD you felt like you were inside of some dreary teenager's myspace profile!! needless to say she was fired promptly after thinking that Bob Marley should be filed under latin, and that led zeppelin is a guy not a band :rolleyes

and i'm majoring in film, so i'll probably be dying for a 8-5 job after college so i can find some sort of stability!

aaronstampler
03-24-2006, 01:19 AM
The Warriors are far from a pathetic team. They are underachieving big time and only play well against the best teams. Other games they don't seem to give a shit. Not as bad as losing to the Hawks though.

I guess we don't qualify as one of the best teams then seeing as we went a fairly breezy 4-0 against them this year.

atxrocker
03-24-2006, 01:20 AM
haha take that shit Dallas! j.rich clutch shooting saves the day

pking
03-24-2006, 01:22 AM
haha we get along fine until the second round of the playoffs! but yeah the record store is great, listen to any cd you want (its part of a chain of stores but not nearly as corporate as most music stores, very very easy going and not strict at all) we did however, have this one girl who listened to all that emo crap like my chemical romance, as i lay dying, fall out boy, atreyu, and i swear to god everytime she played a an emo CD you felt like you were inside of some dreary teenager's myspace profile!! needless to say she was fired promptly after thinking that Bob Marley should be filed under latin, and that led zeppelin is a guy not a band :rolleyes

and i'm majoring in film, so i'll probably be dying for a 8-5 job after college so i can find some sort of stability!

:lol Bob Marley..Latin. NIIICE. That's good stuff. That actually made me laugh out loud.

Majoring in film, eh? That's cool. I haven't been to college -- still young, I'll go at some point..but I'm not interested in much besides music and basketball so it's just not easy for me to pick a career lol

mavsfan1000
03-24-2006, 01:23 AM
haha take that shit Dallas! j.rich clutch shooting saves the day
Haha a Queens fan. Doesn't hurt as much as the Horry shot though. Take that shit.

Amuseddaysleeper
03-24-2006, 01:23 AM
:lol Bob Marley..Latin. NIIICE. That's good stuff. That actually made me laugh out loud.

Majoring in film, eh? That's cool. I haven't been to college -- still young, I'll go at some point..but I'm not interested in much besides music and basketball so it's just not easy for me to pick a career lol

thats exactly why i chose film! hardly any text books! :lol

Amuseddaysleeper
03-24-2006, 01:24 AM
Haha a Queens fan. Doesn't hurt as much as the Horry shot though. Take that shit.

you could say the "horry shot" quote to a lot of teams! :lol

atxrocker

yeah, that shot hurt but at least we got to the conference finals that year. fuck the mavs, overrated bastards.

cs100

I think the difference was that the Mavs were fighting hard to win this game with more rebounds, more FT, but you just committed too many turnovers and the defense wasn't consistent.

With Atlanta, it was a b2b and we suck on b2b, ie, no energy, poor rebounding, etc. We still kept the Hawks under 100 points (94 to be exact). We also lost to the Hawks early in the season. I also think Detroit lost to the Hawks as well.

Chris Childs
03-24-2006, 01:27 AM
_allas sucks

SequSpur
03-24-2006, 01:27 AM
ftm.

pking
03-24-2006, 01:30 AM
_allas sucks

You're a New York Knicks fan.

It kills me how people come out everytime the Mavs lose and talk about how bad the Mavs suck. The Mavs are still 53-16. .5 game behind the defending champs, something like 2 games behind the best record in the league.

Mavs don't suck.

Chris Childs
03-24-2006, 01:36 AM
You're a New York Knicks fan.

It kills me how people come out everytime the Mavs lose and talk about how bad the Mavs suck. The Mavs are still 53-16. .5 game behind the defending champs, something like 2 games behind the best record in the league.

Mavs don't suck.

Hey i know my team suck, but at least my franchise has won A championship! :lol

Budkin
03-24-2006, 01:39 AM
Warriors > Mavs :lol

SpursWillOwn
03-24-2006, 01:42 AM
caption this http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20060324/capt.dna10603240444.warriors_mavericks_basketball_ dna106.jpg

mavsfan1000
03-24-2006, 01:42 AM
Nuggets>Spurs :lol

Amuseddaysleeper
03-24-2006, 01:46 AM
Nuggets>Spurs :lol

but the nuggets are a higher seed than the mavs so......

nuggets > mavs

???

mavsfan1000
03-24-2006, 01:50 AM
That is only because of a stupid technicality of having 3 divisions. Dumbest idea ever.

T Park
03-24-2006, 02:34 AM
lol

and if it worked to the maverick's advantage it would be "genius"

jochhejaam
03-24-2006, 02:50 AM
Dirk did choke tonight I'll admit that as well. He should've made that free throw and grab that one rebound strong instead of dribbling into traffic but hardly did Dallas get their hearts ripped out on one regular season game. .
I think Dallas finishes the season with the toughest schedule with 8 of the next 11 on the road including;

28th @ Detroit
29th @ Cleveland
7th @ San Antonio
10th @ Clippers
12th @ Golden State
13th @ Phoenix

And home games against
Denver, Sacramento, Utah and the Clippers

Good luck with that.

mavsfan1000
03-24-2006, 03:28 AM
So why does Dallas need that 1 position so badly? Home court is overrated and Dallas matches up better with the Clippers over the Lakers and Kings anyways. The don't have anyone to guard Dirk while the Kings have Artest and the Lakers have Odom.

cs100
03-24-2006, 03:39 AM
If the Clippers keep loosing, Memphis may end up at the 5 spot. I bet _allas would love that.

mavsfan1000
03-24-2006, 03:45 AM
It shouldn't matter since Dallas can take both down since neither is built for the playoffs. They are both regular season teams. Maybe the Grizzlies might give Dallas more problems but I think Dallas can handle them.

kalikot_boy_kr
03-24-2006, 07:48 AM
:elephant MARK CUBAN MUCH MORE THOUSAND OF BOX$$$$$$$! BWAHAHAHHAAHAHHAHA! :elephant

kalikot_boy_kr
03-24-2006, 07:49 AM
:elephant I SEE MR. CUBAN IN A BAR :elephant HAHHAHAHA!

leemajors
03-24-2006, 09:11 AM
just think how good the mavs defense would be if they had kept buckner and griffin a few years ago. with diop, dampier, dirk, buckner and griffin out there at the same time teams couldn't even score 50 points against them.

Solid D
03-24-2006, 09:41 AM
just think how good the mavs defense would be if they had kept buckner and griffin a few years ago. with diop, dampier, dirk, buckner and griffin out there at the same time teams couldn't even score 50 points against them.

I understand your point but the "at the same time" scenario wouldn't work very well. Dirk is the only scorer in that scenario and there's no distributor/playmaker. Defensively, Buckner and Griffin could not lock up the quicker PGs, also.

leemajors
03-24-2006, 09:48 AM
don't thwart my baiting solid d =[

slayermin
03-24-2006, 10:14 AM
It shouldn't matter since Dallas can take both down since neither is built for the playoffs. They are both regular season teams. Maybe the Grizzlies might give Dallas more problems but I think Dallas can handle them.

It matters when they face the Spurs. There is no way in hell Dallas beats a healthy SA without homecourt.

cheguevara
03-24-2006, 10:17 AM
god damnit! i turned off the damn game b/c i thought it was over when armstrong hit both ft's!! :pctoss :pctoss :pctoss :pctoss :pctoss

me too fuck!!! :pctoss

FromWayDowntown
03-24-2006, 10:18 AM

And the Mavericks wouldn't be able to score 40 most nights.

leemajors
03-24-2006, 10:18 AM
shhhhhhhhh

kalikot_boy_kr
03-24-2006, 01:27 PM
:elephant ANG TANGA TANGA NYO! ANG DAMI NYO NG SINABI! HAHAHA :elephant

kalikot_boy_kr
03-24-2006, 01:30 PM
:blah EL-CONDO BUETRES DELA PACTOS CON SUELO DES AMIGOS!!! :blah

Hook Dem
03-24-2006, 02:23 PM
Spurs have tried to hand it to the Mavs on several ocassions but _allas just can't handle it! :lol

mavsfan1000
03-24-2006, 04:35 PM
It matters when they face the Spurs. There is no way in hell Dallas beats a healthy SA without homecourt.
If Dallas beats San Antonio it is not because of home court. The Lakers beat San Antonio without home court a couple years ago. If Dallas can steal one game in San Antonio they can win in 6.

101A
03-24-2006, 04:38 PM
If Dallas beats San Antonio it is not because of home court. The Lakers beat San Antonio without home court a couple years ago. If Dallas can steal one game in San Antonio they can win in 6.

THAT Lakers squad had won 3 of 4 championships, had been a consistent playoff performer AND had Shaq and Kobe. That Spurs team wasn't as good as this one. BAAAD analogy.

101A
03-24-2006, 04:39 PM
Hook Dem, Indeed.

nkdlunch
03-24-2006, 04:53 PM
damn, Mavfan gets put in his place daily

mavsfan1000
03-24-2006, 04:59 PM
THAT Lakers squad had won 3 of 4 championships, had been a consistent playoff performer AND had Shaq and Kobe. That Spurs team wasn't as good as this one. BAAAD analogy.
That lakers was clearly inferior to the spurs but the spurs choked. Parker tightened up and stopped attacking.

Duncanfan
03-24-2006, 07:01 PM
:elephant ANG TANGA TANGA NYO! ANG DAMI NYO NG SINABI! HAHAHA :elephant

Marami ngang nag asksaya nag panahon sa thread na to ;)

Hook Dem
03-24-2006, 07:13 PM
That lakers was clearly inferior to the spurs but the spurs choked. Parker tightened up and stopped attacking.
Inferior????...............Indeed! :lol

hussker
03-24-2006, 07:19 PM
:blah EL-CONDO BUETRES DELA PACTOS CON SUELO DES AMIGOS!!! :blah

You pack comdoms in the butts of your friends? WTF?

Extra Stout
03-25-2006, 11:26 AM

You Mavericks fans have zero concept of the mental aspect of the game. You're comparing a three-time champion Lakers team with a team having only two guys who've been past the second round.

The Spurs would not choke against the Mavericks. The Mavericks would choke against the Spurs.

SenorSpur
03-25-2006, 11:32 AM

Fact is that after Tony ripped them to shreds in Games 1 & 2, the Fakers employed a singular strategy of deliberately shutting Tony out of the lane. Thereby forcing the ball out to shooters (Hedo, Gino and others) and none of them came through.

As for Tony, he didn't have a consistent outside shot then as he does now. Tony didn't choke, he just simply got shut down and the Spurs couldn't adjust.

boutons_
03-25-2006, 11:35 AM
"shutting Tony out of the lane."

It was broader than that. Malone also pushed Tim out to the first row of the seats. The paint was closed to everybody.

SenorSpur
03-25-2006, 11:36 AM

Dallas won't beat a healthy SA team regardeless of who has homecourt advantage.