PDA

View Full Version : Mavs starting to fold

Duncanfan
03-23-2006, 11:38 PM
I know it's just 1 game, but I have a feeling that this is as far as the Mavs can go without those 4 injured players that they're missing. I was so surprised at their carelessness tonight. They played exactly the way they did against Denver a couple of weeks ago. Turnover here, turnover there. Personally, I'd like the Mavs to grow into one of the best teams ever since Avery took over the coaching job. I have a lot of respect for him and for what he has tried to do this season. But face it Mavs fans, virtually all of the teams that are in the playoffs right now can give your team a hard time.

There are 3 points I'd like to share to the group.

1)This hatred toward the Mavs all started because of their inability to defend. I have to give them props for improving this year.. but the truth is.. they're not yet there. Everyone talks about Dirk's inability to defend but the guy has made strides this year. You know who they should blame on D, JASON TERRY AND JERRY STACKHOUSE. Don't believe me Mavs fans, watch more of your team's games and you'll know what I'm talking about.

2)The Mavs fans in this forum are generally cocky. There's nothing wrong with being proud of your team, just don't come here and rant about how good your team is when all they've ever done is have a strong regular season showing for 6 years. Win a championship.. and maybe.... JUST MAYBE we'll give you more le-way to brag in our turf.

3)The Mavs, though we hate them because of the rivalry for the best record.. are in truth.. a victim of media and of STACKHOUSE. He guaranteed a trip to the finals this season on QUITE FRANKLY!?!?!?! Can you believe that!? Honestly Stack, you're a cancer to your team! You're a disgrace! You're inconsistent and would shoot your team to mediocrity most of the time. I don't know why the Mavs management keeps you but you sir are a disgrace.
On the media side, Mavs are relatively a quiet group and show respect (except Stack) to the Pistons and Spurs and even declared that they won't have an easy playoffs this year. I like they're modesty as a group and I know that even though they're goal is to win a championship, they.. in their hearts acknowledge that San Antonio is better than them.

AND THAT MY FRIENDS, IS THE TRUTH!!!!!

Now, to my fellow Spurs fans, our team may slip and lose back to backs at times but I know that each and everyone of you believes in the system and that this team will win when it counts!!!!!! :) GO SPURS!!!!!!

pking
03-23-2006, 11:43 PM
I disagree with you, of course, but that's not why I'm responding. It's pretty pointless to get into a battle on one of your biggest rivals fan forum. (and oh yea, I dont think I'm cocky!!)

I'm replying because WTFFF did Stackhouse really guarantee a trip to the finals?!? I missed that shit. I love confidence but that's just STUPID.

mavsfan1000
03-23-2006, 11:46 PM
Spurs starting to fold. After that game last night in Denver I felt that Parker and Duncan are ready to disappear again in this years playoffs and this time Ginobili and Horry aren't going to bail them out.

Obstructed_View
03-23-2006, 11:47 PM
1)This hatred toward the Mavs all started because of Mark Cuban crying to the league and the newspapers every time the Spurs win a game against the Mavs.

Fixed. :)

Amuseddaysleeper
03-23-2006, 11:48 PM
I disagree with you, of course, but that's not why I'm responding. It's pretty pointless to get into a battle on one of your biggest rivals fan forum. (and oh yea, I dont think I'm cocky!!)

I'm replying because WTFFF did Stackhouse really guarantee a trip to the finals?!? I missed that shit. I love confidence but that's just STUPID.

its not impossible for them to make the finals, though doubtful, but stackhouse is a moron and shouldnt be making guaransheed comments like that

Obstructed_View
03-23-2006, 11:48 PM
Spurs starting to fold. After that game last night in Denver I felt that Parker and Duncan are ready to disappear again in this years playoffs and this time Ginobili and Horry aren't going to bail them out.
The Spurs would have won that game if Devin Harris and Josh Howard weren't hurt. :lol

T.F. Storm
03-23-2006, 11:51 PM
Lets face it everyone, the Pistons, Spurs, and Mavs are all quickly turning into a trio of lottery bound teams that will not make it out of the first round this season. Lets all just let it go and look forward to watching Nash, Amare, and The Matrix deny Snaq another championship.

pking
03-23-2006, 11:52 PM
its not impossible for them to make the finals, though doubtful, but stackhouse is a moron and shouldnt be making guaransheed comments like that

Oh I'm not saying they can't - I believe in the team (call me naive, that's ok with me! :lol) but I just think it's stupid to guarantee anything like that. Especially when you have to go through the champs.

SpursWillOwn
03-23-2006, 11:52 PM

we have gino and big shot rob to turn to who does the mavs have to turn to? Mr Jerry? Van Horn? Diop? their bench can kiss em's ass..

mavsfan1000
03-23-2006, 11:53 PM
The Spurs would have won that game if Devin Harris and Josh Howard weren't hurt. :lol
Too bad Parker and Ginobili didn't play. Oh that's right they did and you still lost. :lol

mavsfan1000
03-23-2006, 11:55 PM
we have gino and big shot rob to turn to who does the mavs have to turn to? Mr Jerry? Van Horn? Diop? their bench can kiss em's ass..
Dampier and Harris sounds like a good bench to me along with Daniels or Griffin. Whoever they decide will come off the bench.

Leetonidas
03-23-2006, 11:59 PM

Did you miss Tim Duncan take over the game in the second half?

SpursWillOwn
03-24-2006, 12:05 AM
Dampier and Harris sounds like a good bench to me along with Daniels or Griffin. Whoever they decide will come off the bench.

they're jus sub-par overrated players and didnt have much play-offs experiences.. Spurs bench is different all of them are tough veterans who knows exactly wat would work.. mavs would not make it thru the 2nd round..

Obstructed_View
03-24-2006, 12:13 AM
Too bad Parker and Ginobili didn't play. Oh that's right they did and you still lost. :lol
What exactly did I lose?

mavsfan1000
03-24-2006, 12:21 AM
they're jus sub-par overrated players and didnt have much play-offs experiences.. Spurs bench is different all of them are tough veterans who knows exactly wat would work.. mavs would not make it thru the 2nd round..
overrated? How about the spurs bench who all are over the hill. Finley, Van Exel, and Horry is getting as well. The spurs bench have more clutch players but the Mavs have a more productive bench all around. Anyways the starters should be playing the most at the end of a game anyways.

T Park
03-24-2006, 12:25 AM
Parker and Duncan are ready to disappear again in this years playoffs and this time Ginobili and Horry aren't going to bail them out.

:lol

jealousy is a sad thing....

CubanMustGo
03-24-2006, 10:17 AM
Let's see:

Losing on the road, at altitude, on the second half of a B2B, against a team that's leading its division and is 7-3 in its last ten, against:
choking at home, two days after your last game, to a team (4-6 in its last ten) that hasn't been in the playoff picture for months

Which would you rather do? And which tells you more?

BigVee
03-24-2006, 10:27 AM
And, not just losing to GS, but giving up 122 points?

valluco
03-24-2006, 10:30 AM
mavsfan1000 = The Village Idiot of SpursTalk

cheguevara
03-24-2006, 10:32 AM
Let's see:

Losing on the road, at altitude, on the second half of a B2B, against a team that's leading its division and is 7-3 in its last ten, against:
choking at home, two days after your last game, to a team (4-6 in its last ten) that hasn't been in the playoff picture for months

Which would you rather do? And which tells you more?

:lol mavfan is one dellusional mofo

austinfan
03-24-2006, 10:45 AM
Lets face it everyone, the Pistons, Spurs, and Mavs are all quickly turning into a trio of lottery bound teams that will not make it out of the first round this season. Lets all just let it go and look forward to watching Nash, Amare, and The Matrix deny Snaq another championship.

:lol

leemajors
03-24-2006, 10:47 AM
i would say this thread is a bit premature, they're only a half game back.

SenorSpur
03-24-2006, 11:38 AM
i would say this thread is a bit premature, they're only a half game back.

It is a bit premature to predict their demise. If the Mavs were coached by Nelson, I would feel otherwise. However, AJ won't let that happen.

The Mavs are fairly resilient bunch dating back to their "improbable" comeback from an 0-2 deficit to win the series against Houston in the 2005 playoffs. They've also had their share of other come-from-behind games this year (i.e. Toronto, Cleveland, etc.)

Vingianx
03-24-2006, 11:48 AM
Dream On

kalikot_boy_kr
03-24-2006, 12:20 PM
1)This hatred toward the Mavs all started because of Mark Cuban crying to the league and the newspapers every time the Spurs win a game against the Mavs.

......APPROVE!!!! BHAHAHAHHAHAHA!

LEONARD
03-24-2006, 12:42 PM
A bit premature...if Richardson doesn't hit the prayer 3 pointer, are they still starting to fold??

Regarding your points...

1) I agree. Dirk is highly UNDER-RATED as a defender. Most that say he's a terrible defender are basing it on Dirk of a couple years ago. He's much improved and far from the weak link on the Mavs. Terry definitely isn't a strong defender. Stackhouse getting more minutes is one of the big problems with the injury situation the last few weeks. Seeing way too much Stack on the floor...

2) The Mavs had a good showing a few years ago when they made it to the WCF and lost in 6 to the Spurs. (not making excuses, but Dirk was out at the end of the series...and Steve Kerr, damn you!!)

3) I saw Stack and Avery on Quite Frankly, but I can't stand Steven A so I changed the channel. I hadn't heard about his prediction...that IS lame.

He better step it up in the playoffs if he's going to make predictions like that...he's been ice cold for a while now...

conqueso
03-24-2006, 12:54 PM
overrated? How about the spurs bench who all are over the hill. Finley, Van Exel, and Horry is getting as well. The spurs bench have more clutch players but the Mavs have a more productive bench all around. Anyways the starters should be playing the most at the end of a game anyways.

Mavs bench:
27.6 ppg - 16.9 rpg - 6.5 apg

Spurs bench:
32.7 ppg - 14.2 rpg - 6.0 apg

Just based on the stats, I'm not sure it's fair to say that the Mavs bench is more productive all-around. They get 2.7 boards and half an assist more, but score 5.1 fewer points per game. Justify your position please.

leemajors
03-24-2006, 01:30 PM
conqueso, i think he was still reeling and lashing out from the bone inserted into the mavs ass last night.

Duncanfan
03-24-2006, 01:36 PM
Spurs bench > Mavs bench. Although Dampier is starting to look better nowadays, Stackhouse is stinking up the place (Hey I made a rhyme!). Though I'm not totally convinced about Finley yet (I need to see how he does in the playoffs.. remember this guy is an ex-mav and didn't do much for his team in last year's post season). But we have Horry and Barry.. two vets who really know how to win and that's that.

I've heard Mavs fans rant about how Ginobili/Parker = Howard/Harris. EH EH! Way far out! I WOULD UNDERSTAND HOWEVER!! If you say Howard/Harris (equivalent) Manu/Tony. I would agree that Howard and Harris is equally important to the Mavs as Tony and Manu are to the Spurs. But skill wise, those two still have to chew through a lot of wood before they're even in Manu and Parker's league. Equivalent.. not equal.

Willinsa
03-24-2006, 01:49 PM

Why don't we count the number of rings both teams have won, ooh I just remembered that you guys have never even been to the finals.

Dallass sucks, don't talk smack till you get to the finals.

Xylus
03-24-2006, 01:54 PM

That would be a pretty exciting championship. :) Who knows, maybe next year.

LEONARD
03-24-2006, 02:05 PM
Spurs bench > Mavs bench. Although Dampier is starting to look better nowadays, Stackhouse is stinking up the place (Hey I made a rhyme!). Though I'm not totally convinced about Finley yet (I need to see how he does in the playoffs.. remember this guy is an ex-mav and didn't do much for his team in last year's post season). But we have Horry and Barry.. two vets who really know how to win and that's that.

Which Mavs bench? A month ago or now?

When healthy:

Stackhouse
Dampier
Harris
Daniels
KVH

Right now the Mavs bench is in bad shape:

Stackhouse
Dampier
Armstrong
Mbenga
Powell
(and that's with Marshall starting!)

At one point in the game last night they had this lineup on the floor:

Mbenga
Powell
Marshall
Armstrong
Stack

with Stack being the only guy that was drafted :wtf

mavsfan1000
03-24-2006, 04:57 PM
Mavs bench:
27.6 ppg - 16.9 rpg - 6.5 apg

Spurs bench:
32.7 ppg - 14.2 rpg - 6.0 apg

Just based on the stats, I'm not sure it's fair to say that the Mavs bench is more productive all-around. They get 2.7 boards and half an assist more, but score 5.1 fewer points per game. Justify your position please.

If the mavs can stay healthy they have the best bench but right now with the injuries their bench is really sorry. Harris, Daniels, Stackhouse, Van Horn, and Dampier seems like a pretty good bench to me but only 2 of them are available right now.

Hook Dem
03-24-2006, 07:18 PM
"seems like"...........See....that's where you get in trouble! :lol

mavsfan1000
03-24-2006, 07:32 PM
It is a pretty good bench but only 2 of them are available right now. Better?

atxrocker
03-24-2006, 07:45 PM
If the mavs can stay healthy they have the best bench but right now with the injuries their bench is really sorry. Harris, Daniels, Stackhouse, Van Horn, and Dampier seems like a pretty good bench to me but only 2 of them are available right now.

your touting Van Choke? lmao. too bad we got rid of peja, the Dirk STOPPER!!

mavsfan1000
03-24-2006, 07:49 PM
your touting Van Choke? lmao. too bad we got rid of peja, the Dirk STOPPER!!
There is no Dirk stopper on the Kings as there was no Webber stopper either. It was Walker that fucked up our team along with never getting a big man. Dampier and Diop has solidified our center position now. If the mavs play the kings again it is mavs in 6. This board loves to live in the past but I am living in the now. The Mavs will be competing for a championship.

Hook Dem
03-24-2006, 07:53 PM
There is no Dirk stopper on the Kings as there was no Webber stopper either. It was Walker that fucked up our team along with never getting a big man. Dampier and Diop has solidified our center position now. If the mavs play the kings again it is mavs in 6. This board loves to live in the past but I am living in the now. The Mavs will be competing for a championship.
Good Luck! :lol

atxrocker
03-24-2006, 07:53 PM

Dampier is looking better, much improved over his less than mediocre efforts last season when Dirk punkd him and all but he still aint shit. Damp=overrated, mavs=overrated.btw, Peja was a Dirk stopper in that playoff series, with the picture still in my head I would really love to see it again-good times! still, the contending part is some good comedy, thanks man had a pretty shitty day and all. Mavs will surely continue their reputation of not getting past second round. haha, go Kings!

CubanMustGo
03-24-2006, 08:07 PM
And a Kings fan is talking about someone else's playoff reputation because ... ?

atxrocker
03-24-2006, 08:11 PM
^.... because I can since we are a playoff tested team and have been closer to a championship series than Dallas for sure. also, Im not the one stating we are championship contenders this year when our poor playoff record and tough competition would suggest otherwise. im a realist, obviously Mavsfan is not. oh yeah, GO KINGS!!

mavsfan1000
03-24-2006, 08:18 PM
Yeah the Queens were close to a championship but they "King of Choke" They had game 7 in their place and lost. I still got that picture in my mind with Peja air balling an open 3. :lol GO MAVS!!

atxrocker
03-24-2006, 08:21 PM
Yeah the Queens were close to a championship but they "King of Choke" They had game 7 in their place and lost. I still got that picture in my mind with Peja air balling an open 3. :lol GO MAVS!!

Oh yeah, that happened AFTER the Mavs had 'gone fishin' :rolleyes

mavsfan1000
03-24-2006, 08:32 PM
Well the mavs had no defense back than but now they do. There is a big difference between the Nellie years and the Avery years.

Hook Dem
03-24-2006, 09:00 PM
Well the mavs had no defense back than but now they do. There is a big difference between the Nellie years and the Avery years.
While what you say is true, don't confuse it with success! :lol

StylisticS
03-24-2006, 09:08 PM
because I can since we are a playoff tested team and have been closer to a championship series than Dallas for sure

You was only one game closer than Dallas to go to the finals. Other than that, we both have accomplished the same thing. Which is basically jackshit. They don't give out banners for teams almost winning. Try clinching the playoffs this year before you pop off from the mouth.

to the thread starter. I would say that there is only one Mav fan that is on here that is cocky. Delusional he can also be called as well. But I do see your point albeit just a bit premature. Stackhouse must go. He should not be on the playoff roster. Van Horn as well. Harris is still a young and developing player and he has the potential to be a star. But he is not in Parker's nor Ginoboli's league yet.