PDA

View Full Version : The Nuggs are Thugs

mando6599
03-24-2006, 08:46 AM
Watching that game Wed. night, I was reminded at how the Denver Nuggets would rather beat up a team, rather than beat them, even though they did both. Granted, the Spurs never retaliated and hence looked as soft as I've ever seen them. But, I watched as KMart, Camby, Elson, and some others took shot after shot at what looked like trying to physically hurt a Spur. Take for example the Manu breakaway dunk attempt. In no way did I feel that Kenyon was actually thinking he could get back fast enough to just challenge the dunk. No, he had to make Manu suffer for "flopping" last year in the playoffs. And it tells you how horrible the Thugs fans are when after Manu was hit and knocked down, the crowd cheered. BrentBurger made it sound like the crowd was cheering KMart's hustle. Whatever. Classless fans that cheer on a classless coach and team.
And another instance where the foul was called at the top of the key and Manu continues to drive toward the basket and the arms of KMart and Camby come slapping at Manu even after the play has been whistled dead.

Now, the poked eyes are inadvertant so I won't label those as thuggery. But when Parker drove the lane into Elson, there was no attempt at the ball by Elson. He just draped his body over Parker's as Parker fell to the floor.
Nazr was attempting a pump fake(one of 1 million over the past season and a half) and actually got Camby off his feet with it. Instead of trying to use his long arms to block or contest the shot, Camby drapes them over Nazr's head as Nazr falls to the floor.

Dirty. The Nuggs are thugs. They're dirty. If we had to play them in the playoffs again, fine. We'd do the same thing to them as last year. But the only downfall will be we'd be literally beaten to a pulp. Carmelo did have a great game and the Thuggs won. But does anyone else think that 'Melo looks like a Tennessee Lady Volunteer? Anyway.

Solid D
03-24-2006, 08:56 AM
The second the Nuggets pulled off the trade for Patterson and Evans, they became the most physical team in the league. They were already a physical team. They don't need to thug it up, but K Mart does stuff like that anyway. They need to be careful and not go overboard in dealing it out or they'll lose their edge with the refs, who normally reward physical play if it's across the board and consistent.

Chris
03-24-2006, 09:08 AM
If it wasn't for Kmart I might actually have an ounce of respect for the Thuggets.

Sec24Row7
03-24-2006, 10:13 AM
Meh...

They are physical.

Seattle was more physical.

dmac
03-24-2006, 10:37 AM
The "inadvertant" pokes to the eye could have been avoided. I agree they are now the thugs of the NBA, taking that title away from Seattle.

NuGGeTs-FaN
03-24-2006, 02:24 PM
Watching that game Wed. night, I was reminded at how the Denver Nuggets would rather beat up a team, rather than beat them, even though they did both. Granted, the Spurs never retaliated and hence looked as soft as I've ever seen them. But, I watched as KMart, Camby, Elson, and some others took shot after shot at what looked like trying to physically hurt a Spur. Take for example the Manu breakaway dunk attempt. In no way did I feel that Kenyon was actually thinking he could get back fast enough to just challenge the dunk. No, he had to make Manu suffer for "flopping" last year in the playoffs. And it tells you how horrible the Thugs fans are when after Manu was hit and knocked down, the crowd cheered. BrentBurger made it sound like the crowd was cheering KMart's hustle. Whatever. Classless fans that cheer on a classless coach and team.
And another instance where the foul was called at the top of the key and Manu continues to drive toward the basket and the arms of KMart and Camby come slapping at Manu even after the play has been whistled dead.

Now, the poked eyes are inadvertant so I won't label those as thuggery. But when Parker drove the lane into Elson, there was no attempt at the ball by Elson. He just draped his body over Parker's as Parker fell to the floor.
Nazr was attempting a pump fake(one of 1 million over the past season and a half) and actually got Camby off his feet with it. Instead of trying to use his long arms to block or contest the shot, Camby drapes them over Nazr's head as Nazr falls to the floor.

Dirty. The Nuggs are thugs. They're dirty. If we had to play them in the playoffs again, fine. We'd do the same thing to them as last year. But the only downfall will be we'd be literally beaten to a pulp. Carmelo did have a great game and the Thuggs won. But does anyone else think that 'Melo looks like a Tennessee Lady Volunteer? Anyway.

:rolleyes suprise.........

another fan whinging, crying and bitching coz they lost.......

anyone who is more physical than the spurs is 'dirty'..........

Melo got hammered inside by TD a couple of times with no call, doesnt mean TD is dirty , he was just contesting the shot and bumped him hard.......

Solid D
03-24-2006, 02:55 PM

Melo got hammered inside by TD a couple of times with no call, doesnt mean TD is dirty , he was just contesting the shot and bumped him hard.......

K Mart wasn't being physical...nor was he able to even make an attempt on the ball. The Spurs and Nuggets are both physical teams and don't like to give up easy baskets...we all get that, but the K Mart antic was not basketball. I thought it was a heat of the moment judgment error on Martin's part.

NuGGeTs-FaN
03-24-2006, 03:02 PM
K Mart wasn't being physical...nor was he able to even make an attempt on the ball. The Spurs and Nuggets are both physical teams and don't like to give up easy baskets...we all get that, but the K Mart antic was not basketball. I thought it was a heat of the moment judgment error on Martin's part.

i get what u mean, he was probably full of emotion in the big game but it wasnt that bad, he came from behind and hit his arm which made him miss the breakaway dunk (no easy points in the NBA)........ it wasn't like he clobbered him or anything, the only reason manu ended up where we did was because the momentum of the missed dunk.

I have seen far worse plays than that, and knowing manu's style, he probably even exaggerated the landing :lol

if spurs fans are worried about physical play now , then wait for the playoffs coz the road to the finals wont be as easy as some of you think......

and i have noticed that Duncan does tend to complain and wait for the refs to do something instead of being his old dominant self who didnt back down.......

Sec24Row7
03-24-2006, 03:10 PM
and i have noticed that Duncan does tend to complain and wait for the refs to do something instead of being his old dominant self who didnt back down.......

Duncan has always talked to the refs.

As for K-Mart:

The dude is a mental midget that can jump high. Let him celebrate and do all that shit during the game, because he is rarely going to get a chance to do it after.

Solid D
03-24-2006, 03:13 PM
if spurs fans are worried about physical play now , then wait for the playoffs coz the road to the finals wont be as easy as some of you think......

Yes, we know.

I personally like physical play.

cheguevara
03-24-2006, 03:15 PM
"Don't nobody thought we couldn't win no games but us"

http://www.mc.ccnw.ne.jp/playground/images/martin_01.jpg

cheguevara
03-24-2006, 03:16 PM
"I second that! (i think)"

http://www.mc.ccnw.ne.jp/playground/images/boykins_01.jpg

LakerHater0823
03-24-2006, 03:28 PM

Don't talk about whinin bro cuz your Coach takes the cake (and eats it too apparently) when it comes to that. All you heard was his bitchin about ginobili takin it to the rim on his guys. "Well I guess what makes you a good player is just throwin your body around and floppin." :baby So check yo self FOOL!

NuGGeTs-FaN
03-24-2006, 04:04 PM
i guess the sports guy was right

Enrique, SA, TX: Bill, what were you thinking when you wrote that Spurs coach Greg Poppovich was going to retire after this season? Do you know how much money he would be walking away from if he did?

Bill Simmons: (1:30 PM ET ) I didn't, actually. The funny part was all the angry e-mails from the San Antonio area -- is San Antonio a third world country or something and nobody told me? I haven't seen that many misspellings and crazed threats in the history of my column ... if there was a way to send e-mails in capital letters and crayons, that would have been the typical response from a Spurs fan. Do they have school systems there or is it simply home schooling and that's it?

Solid D
03-24-2006, 04:37 PM

:lmao
Misspellings and punctuation errors happen.

LakerHater0823
03-24-2006, 04:42 PM
i guess the sports guy was right

Oh I am sorry...... I thought you were smart enough to figure out all of my little short cuts. Since you are not here are the details:

bro= brother

cuz=because

thx=thanks

whinin= Whining

There are others so feel free to ask anytime you need help little boy.

NuGGeTs-FaN
03-24-2006, 04:45 PM
:lmao
Misspellings and punctuation errors happen.

exactly :lol

my work and uni suffer coz of forums........i find myself writing all kinds of things and shortcuts which don't work in assignments :pctoss

too much time on forums = detrimental to spelling, grammar and punctuation

nkdlunch
03-24-2006, 04:50 PM
nug fans cannot talk about whinning. cause they got the single most whinny annoying fat bitch of a coach in the history of the NBA. George Karl.

kskonn
03-24-2006, 06:03 PM
someone must have really got uner Bill Simmons skin to warrant a response like that.

It should have showed him the average intelligence of his audience, and of the people that actually take him seriously.

Solid D
03-24-2006, 06:45 PM
http://www.pediatrics.wisc.edu/images/patientcare.jpg

Someone needs to give Bill a lollypop and make him feel loved.

Marklar MM
03-24-2006, 06:47 PM
Shaq almost took Ben's head off a couple times.