PDA

View Full Version : Missing UTSA Student Found Alive

CAGE
03-24-2006, 04:54 PM
Naomi Fuentes is okay." That word from UTSA Police Chief David Hernandez. "This brings 34 days of investigation to a close."

Hernandez led a 2pm press conference Friday to announce the 40 year old San Antonio woman has been found alive and well. Naomi Fuentes disappeared February 19th from UTSA's downtown campus.

Hernandez stated that UTSA spent several weeks following thousands of leads and checking phone records in an effort to find Fuentes.

Investigators eventually came across a phone call made to a relative that led police to Fuentes. They confirmed at about 11am on Friday that Fuentes is alive.

Hernandez also said that out of respect to Fuentes and her family, he would not reveal where she was found, adding that she has "serious personal problems." He said she left of her own free will and that no criminal charges would be filed against her.

A massive search was launched following her disappearance. Friends and family had said she drove to the campus, parked her car and went missing. Volunteers posted several missing fliers and some of Fuentes' relatives traveled to San Antonio to help in the search.

News 4 WOAI will continue to monitor today's developments and bring you updates as they happen. Watch tonight at 5pm and 6pm for the very latest information

ObiwanGinobili
03-24-2006, 04:56 PM
I bet she was escaping an abusive relationship.

CAGE
03-24-2006, 04:58 PM
Bitch says she had "serious personal problems"

Don't we all

MannyIsGod
03-24-2006, 05:01 PM
Who didn't know she ran away? Com'on now.

midgetonadonkey
03-24-2006, 05:02 PM
She was probably out getting double plugged by gangbangers.

T-Pain
03-24-2006, 05:04 PM
this is just as bad as the runaway bride

ObiwanGinobili
03-24-2006, 05:05 PM
this is just as bad as the runaway bride

the runaway bride got charged and had to pay.

this chicks not getting charged - so obviously the police agree with her reasoning for trying to get away.

ShoogarBear
03-24-2006, 05:16 PM
The runaway bride gave the police a phony story about a kidnapping; that's why she got charged

It's not against the law to just disappear for whatever reason. Doesn't mean the police have to agree with you.

Anyway, I think the bravatars brought her out of hiding.

Mixability
03-24-2006, 05:19 PM
I bet she was escaping an abusive relationship.

c'mon, is it ALWAYS a guys fault?

if it was, at least next time don't just assume a guy scared her off.

ChumpDumper
03-24-2006, 05:20 PM
She's not young and white, so we weren't supposed to care anyway.

Mixability
03-24-2006, 05:22 PM
She's not young and white, so we weren't supposed to care anyway.

:tu

this would've been all over CNN if she was.

:lol

CharlieMac
03-24-2006, 05:30 PM
I knew it.

ObiwanGinobili
03-24-2006, 05:33 PM
c'mon, is it ALWAYS a guys fault?

if it was, at least next time don't just assume a guy scared her off.

whose to say it wasn't an abusive lesbo relationship?

Trainwreck2100
03-24-2006, 05:38 PM
sancho

CAGE
03-24-2006, 05:44 PM
It sounds like she just wanted to spend a few days with Sancho :drunk

fraga
03-24-2006, 07:20 PM
Damn Woman

Hook Dem
03-24-2006, 08:02 PM
Hey........people walk away every day! Why should it be surprising?

Old School Chic
03-24-2006, 09:09 PM
I hope her dude kicks her ass for taking off like that.

SpursWoman
03-24-2006, 10:17 PM
I hope her dude kicks her ass for taking off like that.

Maybe that's why she took off in the first place? It sucks that she did that to the people that do love her though ... that's unconscionable. :(

Vashner
03-24-2006, 11:34 PM
I bet she was on the meth or the rock.

Buddy Holly
03-25-2006, 01:16 AM
Windcrest police say she's a "person of interest" in an on going criminal investigation.

Wouldn't you know it, the Cox radio building she worked in is in Windcrest.

Opps... seems thats what she may have ran away from.

The sone
03-25-2006, 03:39 AM
im just glad she didnt tell them she was at my place doing what she does best!

but for the reals...its messed up that she did what she did, to her family that is...

Kori Ellis
03-25-2006, 03:40 AM
but for the reals...its messed up that she did what she did, to her family that is...

She doesn't seem to care even now. She told her sister that she isn't returning to San Antonio and the news said she was just having fun and partying.

kris
03-25-2006, 05:25 AM
Who didn't know she ran away? Com'on now.

Yeah, there was a dead giveaway in the opening story. I didn't pay close enough attention, but something like she was seen with a travel map, waiting at a bus stop with her back pack. After a few tense hours of contemplation, I gave running away the nod. But kidnapping did come in a close fourth.

The sone
03-25-2006, 07:26 AM
Yeah, there was a dead giveaway in the opening story. I didn't pay close enough attention, but something like she was seen with a travel map, waiting at a bus stop with her back pack. After a few tense hours of contemplation, I gave running away the nod. But kidnapping did come in a close fourth.

yeah i have to agree...after i heard she was last seen with a "bag of clothes"...i mean cmon...what a "fuck" for doing that to her family. they should take one of her kidneys as punishment or something...or tell her, that her mother killed herself because she thought she was kidnapped. then let her believe it until the burial and let her mom walk out and be like..."you got punked, bitch!" this ass face needs to be used as target practice, with a slingshot and a bag full of frozen puppy nuts at two paces...

HennyYoungman
03-25-2006, 09:29 AM
I guess she saw "Need to get away.." one too many times.

Samr
03-25-2006, 02:50 PM
Are the professors really that bad at UTSA?

Jekka
03-25-2006, 03:01 PM
Are the professors really that bad at UTSA?

One of my profs last semester left out my first exam in calculating my final grade and a D showed up on my transcript. It took her three months to fix it because she couldn't remember what class I was in and couldn't apparently find the time to look through the rosters of all three classes she taught Fall 2005 :rolleyes She did finally fix it at least, but it was an amazingly drawn-out, frustrating, and stupid process.

It's not all of them at UTSA, but I have at least one horror story from every semester I've been there. The administration is pretty ridiculous as well.

clubalien
03-25-2006, 05:20 PM
there was this frontline story on KLRN about sex trade. Also UTSA police issued a statement they had camera footage of her. IS it possible that she was kindnapped and used as a sex slave and that the reaosn they don;t say why is because it would be more emootional abuse if everyone knew about it?

Trainwreck2100
03-25-2006, 10:29 PM
there was this frontline story on KLRN about sex trade. Also UTSA police issued a statement they had camera footage of her. IS it possible that she was kindnapped and used as a sex slave and that the reaosn they don;t say why is because it would be more emootional abuse if everyone knew about it?

Sex trade really only would apply if she was
1)White
and
2)Hot

If they wanted a mexican they could just get one from Mexico, it's not that far.

midgetonadonkey
03-26-2006, 01:18 AM
Mexico sex slave >>>> UTSA student

Clandestino
03-28-2006, 01:59 PM
it is funny how the women love to blame everything on men... if only i could've come up with the lifetime channel idea!!! i bet that idea was pitched so many times and men said, "oh that would suck" and finally some woman exec took a chance with it...

btw, she is pretty fucked up to just take off and leave her husband and children crying on tv, holding memorials, people taking off work to conduct searches, etc... fuck her

Mixability
03-28-2006, 02:05 PM
it is funny how the women love to blame everything on men...
... fuck her

:tu

a woman would NEVER do that, it had to be because she was being abused.... :rolleyes

Trainwreck2100
03-28-2006, 02:05 PM
For the no shit column, she's been fired

MoSpur
03-28-2006, 02:07 PM
It is pretty messed up.

Mixability
03-28-2006, 02:08 PM
For the no shit column, she's been fired

really, I wonder why? :lol

desflood
03-28-2006, 02:14 PM
it is funny how the women love to blame everything on men... btw, she is pretty fucked up to just take off and leave her husband and children crying on tv, holding memorials, people taking off work to conduct searches, etc... fuck her
Most women thrive on stability, family love... it would take something pretty drastic to make a seemingly otherwise normal woman just drop everything and run away. Either she's got serious emotional and/or mental issues we have no idea about, or she was put into some intolerable situation by somebody else (probably not another woman). Odds are...

Trainwreck2100
03-28-2006, 02:19 PM
Most women thrive on stability, family love... it would take something pretty drastic to make a seemingly otherwise normal woman just drop everything and run away. Either she's got serious emotional and/or mental issues we have no idea about, or she was put into some intolerable situation by somebody else (probably not another woman). Odds are...

Or maybe she's just a selfish bitch looking out for herself

Mixability
03-28-2006, 02:19 PM

or she's a stupid bitch, who didn't care how many people were looking for her or how many people wasted their time praying/worrying about her.

Trainwreck2100
03-28-2006, 02:23 PM
or she's a stupid bitch, who didn't care how many people were looking for her or how many people wasted their time praying/worrying about her.

beat ya, the secret is less words, but the same point

Mixability
03-28-2006, 02:25 PM
beat ya, the secret is less words, but the same point

have fun Tootin' Your Own Trumpet. :lol

Trainwreck2100
03-28-2006, 02:27 PM
have fun Tootin' Your Own Trumpet. :lol

If only
:depressed

Mixability
03-28-2006, 02:31 PM
If only
:depressed

:lol

Sunshine
03-28-2006, 03:59 PM
She's a "person of interest" in an investigation at Cox Radio where she worked for (I think) misuse of a company credit card. She was supposedly confront by her boss about it the day before she disappeared.

Mixability
03-28-2006, 04:00 PM
She's a "person of interest" in an investigation at Cox Radio where she worked for (I think) misuse of a company credit card. She was supposedly confront by her boss about it the day before she disappeared.

she left her family because she was gonna get fired?!?!? ok, now I know she's a stupid/selfish bitch.

pache100
03-28-2006, 04:01 PM

Yes, and I believe that is the reason the UTSA police are not pursuing her with charges. They will let Windcrest do it and pay the bills because their case is stronger and more important.

pache100
03-28-2006, 04:03 PM
she left her family because she was gonna get fired?!?!? ok, now I know she's a stupid/selfish bitch.

More than just fired, that's the least of her worries. If she mishandled a company credit card, or any other financial assets that belong to the company, that is a crime.

My question is...this has to be a smart woman to get where she was; why would she screw up her life and embarrass her family over something so petty? I still cannot believe she put her children and her mother through not knowing where she was and thinking she might be dead. That is unforgiveable in my book.

pache100
03-28-2006, 04:04 PM
double post...sorry (it SAID it didn't go!)

Sunshine
03-28-2006, 04:12 PM
More than just fired, that's the least of her worries. If she mishandled a company credit card, or any other financial assets that belong to the company, that is a crime.

My question is...this has to be a smart woman to get where she was; why would she screw up her life and embarrass her family over something so petty? I still cannot believe she put her children and her mother through not knowing where she was and thinking she might be dead. That is unforgiveable in my book.

Besides, a lot of companies will even try and work something out with the employee rather than press charges, etc. She only made things worse by disappearing like she did.

Unconscionable.

Johnny_Blaze_47
07-12-2006, 09:11 PM
Guess who's got warrants.

-----

UPDATED: Warrants issued for Naomi Fuentes

Web Posted: 07/12/2006 06:11 PM CDT
Itza Gutierrez
KENS 5 Eyewitness News

Windcrest police have issued two warrants for the arrest of Naomi Fuentes, a University of Texas at San Antonio student who disappeared earlier this year.

Fuentes, 40, went missing from the school's downtown campus on February 19. After a city-wide search, she was found alive and well, hiding from family and friends on March 24.

At the time, police confirmed that they were investigating Fuentes for alleged crimes at her former workplace, Cox Radio.

On Wednesday, authorities announced they are executing two warrants for her arrest. The first is for credit card abuse, because Fuentes allegedly opened an account under a co-worker's name, and charged nearly $60,000. The second warrant is for misapplication of fiduciary property, because Fuentes allegedly used money from her workplace to pay off the illegal credit card. Both of these charges are felonies.

According to police there will be an announcement Thursday morning concerning the case.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Online at: http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/crime/stories/MYSA071206.fuenteswarrants.kens.796c1be.html

Old School Chic
07-12-2006, 09:48 PM
It's funny how it took them 4 months to figure it out :rolleyes

Johnny_Blaze_47
07-12-2006, 10:09 PM
It's funny how it took them 4 months to figure it out :rolleyes

It couldn't possibly have been something like, well, you know, the investigation?

ShoogarBear
07-12-2006, 11:02 PM
This is the Windcrest popo we're talking about.

Their ace Special Investigations Unit had to crack on a couple of tough bicycle speeding cases before applying the full brunt of their crime-solving powers to this latest case.

CharlieMac
07-13-2006, 12:13 AM
I want to find that bitch I had in class that lectured the class after no one seemed to give a shit about her announcing a special search party for Naomi a few months ago.

Mixability
07-13-2006, 11:10 AM
I want to find that bitch I had in class that lectured the class after no one seemed to give a shit about her announcing a special search party for Naomi a few months ago.

:lmao

Old School Chic
07-13-2006, 11:28 AM

Forget about that girl in class... Slap Naomi if you see her.

Johnny_Blaze_47
07-13-2006, 11:42 AM
Forget about that girl in class... Slap Naomi if you see her.

I'd say slap them both.

Jekka
07-13-2006, 11:47 AM
Who didn't see all of this coming when they said the last time she was seen on the night she disappeared that she was carrying a bag of clothes?

Mixability
07-13-2006, 12:06 PM
Who didn't see all of this coming when they said the last time she was seen on the night she disappeared that she was carrying a bag of clothes?

All the people who assumed it HAD to be because she was being abused.... :rolleyes

Old School Chic
07-13-2006, 11:02 PM
All the people who assumed it HAD to be because she was being abused.... :rolleyes

And to think she was the Abuser $$$ :lol

furry_spurry
07-14-2006, 01:06 AM
A lot of people owe her husband a HUGE apology. Go back and read what people assumed.

Quadzilla99
07-14-2006, 01:42 AM
She was probably out getting double plugged by gangbangers.Nice remark. Classy.

Mixability
07-14-2006, 11:09 AM
Nice remark. Classy.

you're a newcomer, so I hope he lets you live after that remark.....

Johnny_Blaze_47
01-22-2008, 01:01 PM
Guess who's back?

Johnny_Blaze_47
01-22-2008, 01:05 PM
No Contest plea entered today for misappropriation of funds..

She's repaid $62,000 to her employer.

ploto
01-22-2008, 02:25 PM
A mom who was reported missing and then later turned up alive and well, has pleaded "no contest" to charges file against her.

Naomi Fuentes appeared in court Tuesday and entered a plea of "no contest" in connection with charges of 'misappropriate of fiduciary funds.' Fuentes is accused of misusing funds belonging to her former employer.

Back in February of 2006, Fuentes disappeared from the Downtown UTSA campus where she was attending classes. A massive search was launched following her disappearance. Friends and family had said she drove to the campus, parked her car and went missing. Volunteers posted several missing fliers and some of Fuentes' relatives traveled to San Antonio to help in the search.

Police later found that Fuentes left of her own free will. An investigation revealed she left after her former employer was looking into the possible misuse of funds by Fuentes. Investigators tracked down Fuentes in the state of New York 5 months later and arrested her.

Fuentes is expected to be sentenced on March 10th.

http://www.woai.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=187a689d-9b85-44f2-9fd5-cdffe6d77d37

Fillmoe
01-22-2008, 02:50 PM
who bumped this old ass thread? LOL

degenerate_gambler
01-22-2008, 03:26 PM
Welcome to the Iron Bar Motel, bitch..

Johnny_Blaze_47
01-22-2008, 06:30 PM
who bumped this old ass thread? LOL

Considering it was an update with stuff that happened today...

CubanMustGo
01-22-2008, 08:42 PM
Logic.

Fillmoe.

Never shall the twain meet.