PDA

View Full Version : Barry Haters . . .

smeagol
03-25-2006, 06:53 AM
. . . any thoughts on why such a sucky player can have such a good night?

mikejones99
03-25-2006, 06:55 AM
Most of the haters are quiet fuckers now. 7 threes will buy him at least another week.

kalikot_boy_kr
03-25-2006, 07:43 AM
:elephant yea all haters are just big mouth! stop playing your big fuckin suck mouth! go barry go!...

smeagol
03-25-2006, 07:46 AM
5 . . . 4 . . . 3 . . . 2 . . . seconds for extatic or TPark to chip in their thoughts on this thread . . .

kalikot_boy_kr
03-25-2006, 08:01 AM
:elephant all barry haters go wash ur suckin' hole dirty hot shit pieces shit! :lol

Phenomanul
03-25-2006, 09:36 AM
I liked how Barry played yesterday... fearless, unhesitant, and confident. Hopefully his better playing days are still ahead of him.

exstatic
03-25-2006, 09:42 AM
5 . . . 4 . . . 3 . . . 2 . . . seconds for extatic or TPark to chip in their thoughts on this thread . . .

. . . any thoughts on why such a sucky player can have such a good night?

Every blind squirrel finds and acorn now and then. I hope his good play continues, otherwise his trade value drops, and N.O. won't revisit that JR Smith deal this summer.

Solid D
03-25-2006, 10:08 AM
Brent was taking some of those 3s from Chuck Person range.

exstatic
03-25-2006, 10:40 AM

Either the 6th or 7th one looked to be a good 28 footer. :lol

fraga
03-25-2006, 10:42 AM
I don't hate Barry...I just think he can't play D to save his life...

SpursWoman
03-25-2006, 10:44 AM
I'm glad we DVR'd the game ... the Power of Cleavage mojo I was emitting wiped me out and I fell asleep on the couch. :oops :lol

Yeah, Brent!! :elephant

fraga
03-25-2006, 10:45 AM
^^Umm...I think we're gonna need to see more shots like in your Avatar to get a better picture of what you're talking about...

MrChug
03-25-2006, 10:46 AM
Good God...I hate that I missed last nights FUCKING game for a bachelor party :banghead!! I'm such a Brent Barry fan, I missed his greatest game as a Spur. FUCK FUCK FUCK!! I'm hoping a nigga can get some clipz!! PM ME!!!

SequSpur
03-25-2006, 10:51 AM

I think his range is better from a few feet outside the line anyway.

leemajors
03-25-2006, 11:21 AM
I don't hate Barry...I just think he can't play D to save his life...

i think he has improved his defense markedly since coming to sa. he's still not a great defender by any means but he had a few nice steals last night.

whottt
03-25-2006, 11:25 AM
I am kinda bummed I miss this game. He did used to have a lot of these types of games in Seattle...but in Seattle still had a lot of games where he went 1-4 in 30 minutes of play, and still helped the team win with his ballhandling. That game where he hit the game winner against the Spurs, the year we won the title, that was his only made shot of the game.

Anyway, it's good to see him playing with some confidence. He does play better when he's pissed off, and I think that trade pissed him off. Last year just about anytime someone gave him a hard foul or sent him to the floor, he'd usually have a good game.

He is going to be traded this offseason though so Spurfans that like Barry might as well get used to it...given his age, our age on the perimeter, and his contract, it's hard to fault the Spurs for doing that...I just hope Finley doesn't choke in the post season like I saw him do many times in Dallas. If he does then it will be a bad move to get rid of Barry...because if there is one thing he isn't, it's a choker.

SequSpur
03-25-2006, 11:28 AM
His shot looked better and he seemed to "square up" and release the ball with good form rather than those ones where he throws the knuckle ball at it.

alamo50
03-25-2006, 11:51 AM
:elephant wash ur suckin' hole dirty hot shit pieces shit! :lol

wtf?

JamStone
03-25-2006, 12:06 PM
Is one good game against the Portland Trailblazers supposed to erase the dozens of subpar and completely ineffective games he's had over the last two seasons?

Are a few bad games by Tim Duncan supposed to negate the three championships he brought?

Exactly.

ChumpDumper
03-25-2006, 12:12 PM
Barry has been great since the trade deadline. Had he played this way last season, he wouldn't have been on the block in the first place. Shame on all of you who thought he couldn't do any better than last year.

SenorSpur
03-25-2006, 12:13 PM
Remember Barry was HUGE for us during last seasons WCF versus Phx.

Let's hope his aggressiveness and consistent shooting become the norm rather than the exception for the playoff run

exstatic
03-25-2006, 12:20 PM
Shame on all of you who thought he couldn't do any better than last year.

Let me be clear: I never thought he couldn't. That would imply a lack of talent. I had seen him play for other teams. I just thought he wouldn't. If SA is going to get one half a good season per two contract years then trading him is still the best option.

ChumpDumper
03-25-2006, 12:24 PM
Ironically, Barry's supporters were the ones who insisted he couldn't do any better than last season. Were that the case he never should have been signed for MLE money in the first place.

wildbill2u
03-25-2006, 12:31 PM
I think Barry simply deferred too much to the established Spurs stars: Duncan, Manu and Parker. It ruined his game when he became hesitant to shoot. Any shooter will tell you that it's all about learned reflexes that automatically kick in. If you think about it, your percentage goes down.

whottt
03-25-2006, 01:02 PM
Barry has been great since the trade deadline. Had he played this way last season, he wouldn't have been on the block in the first place. Shame on all of you who thought he couldn't do any better than last year.

GFY Chump...I just thought A. Limiting his minutes wasn't the way to go about fixing his confidence and B. That he still made signifigant contributions beyone shooting PCT, that made us a better team when he was on the court. Both of which were true...

Beno was better than expected and he got a lot of minutes Barry was expecting to get at the PG spot...don't even tell me Pop went into signing Barry with Beno already pencilled in as the backup PG. Once that happened it became Barry VS Devin...in Devin's town and with Devin being a better defender and more of a natural scorer and energy guy.

And no...I think Barry would still be on the block right now because, Finley is cheaper and younger, Barry's contract is a huge one, and the Spurs want to spend that money elsewhere(or not at all).

ChumpDumper
03-25-2006, 01:07 PM
Was Barry really expected to play the point here? Or was that just forum static?

Getting Finley at a discount made Barry even more expendable, I'll give you that.

whottt
03-25-2006, 01:14 PM
Was Barry really expected to play the point here? Or was that just forum static?

If he wasn't that who was? Do you think Pop makes a habit of planning title runs with unproven rookies at the back up PG spot?

He was definitely expecting to get minutes at both guard spots...

The bottom line is that, despite his struggles....Barry was not the choking heartless bitch that you and 90% of the forum alleged him to be...a fact he pointedly shoved up your ass time and time again last season. And whether you want to admit or not...he was our freaking entire backup guard rotation during last years title run....and Bruce's backup as well.

Getting Finley at a discount made Barry even more expendable, I'll give you that.

Well on paper he does..

Luckily for me I have seen plenty of Finely's playoff games though...

Doesn't really matter though, we are so old and undersized/underweight at the 2 guard and swing spots it is scary, so there really isn't any choice about moving him this offseason...we have to get some quality youth in that rotation or we are soon gonna be the 00-01 Spurs again....

ChumpDumper
03-25-2006, 01:19 PM
Sorry, you were the one who said he was playing the best he possibly could in the Spurs system. It was complete bullshit -- and he shoved that up YOUR ass a few times last year and every game since the trade deadline.

That's your shame. I never understood how you could underestimate the guy you claimed to like so horribly.

Spurologist
03-25-2006, 01:25 PM
See what happens we actually take shots. None of that pass the ball shit when you are wide open. That gave him confidence and he took some contested jumpers.

"Right between the eyes!!"

http://www.nba.com/media/allaccess/cool_harlan_040215.jpg

ChumpDumper
03-25-2006, 01:38 PM
Barry was not the choking heartless bitch that you and 90% of the forum alleged him to beI never called him a choker either and you know it.

I called him a pussy because he played like one.

kris
03-25-2006, 01:46 PM
Brent Barry hasn't proved anything with the Spurs. He's played with a purpose after almost getting traded, but how long will that last?

He also needs to stand in his spot when he shoots and not runaway.

ChumpDumper
03-25-2006, 01:54 PM
Regardless, I have zero compaints about Barry or Finley after the All-Star Break. With Manu's appearing to round into form, I'm less worried about or lack of youth and size at the swing spots.

SPARKY
03-25-2006, 01:57 PM
Have fun in Oklahoma City or New Orleans come October, Brent.

ShoogarBear
03-25-2006, 01:58 PM
Except Manu's health this season is a roll of the dice. So despite the good depth at the swing, I think they are still going to get zinged from time to time by lack of athleticism. Shouldn't be a fatal flaw, though.

Spurs have a lot of pieces, but it will be up to Pop to pick correctly which pieces are needed (and are hot) on any particular night.

whottt
03-25-2006, 02:06 PM
Sorry, you were the one who said he was playing the best he possibly could in the Spurs system. It was complete bullshit -- and he shoved that up YOUR ass a few times last year and every game since the trade deadline.

False...I never claimed he was playing as good as he could. What I claimed was that he was still effective regardless of numbers, that the team played better with him on the court, and that Spurs fans were wanting him to be something he isn't...a scorer, a shot chucker....he isn't that, him becoming one mean he has changed his game, not that he is playing up to potential...You want me to go dig up a recent quote by Barry himself that backs up my claim?

That's your shame. I never understood how you could underestimate the guy you claimed to like so horribly.

You don't understand a lot...and you have my sympathies for that condition...but I didn't underestimate him...I knew he was the best guard/swing option of the bench last year for the purposes of winning a title, regardless of what he shot or how often he shot it...something that was proved last season.

ALVAREZ6
03-25-2006, 02:07 PM
:lmao

Where've you been whottt?

It's good to see you and ChumpDumper goin at it again.

SPARKY
03-25-2006, 02:08 PM
Oh good. whottt v ChumpDumper is in full swing again.

ShoogarBear
03-25-2006, 02:09 PM
Oh good. whottt v ChumpDumper is in full swing again.
Isn't it all a part of SPAM?

SPARKY
03-25-2006, 02:10 PM
I guess. I should also retire, I suppose.

ShoogarBear
03-25-2006, 02:11 PM
I guess. I should also retire, I suppose.
Yeah, babee! Does that mean what I think it does?

SPARKY
03-25-2006, 02:14 PM
Championships.

clubalien
03-25-2006, 04:58 PM
he only played good until AFTER the "trade" maybe we shoudl try to trade tim duncan and see if he plays better

WalterBenitez
03-25-2006, 05:26 PM
I'm glad we DVR'd the game ... the Power of Cleavage mojo I was emitting wiped me out and I fell asleep on the couch. :oops :lol

Yeah, Brent!! :elephant

Spurswoman is that you in your avatar? :wow

Sportman
03-25-2006, 05:33 PM
it`s always important to see a player like barry playing in this way, because he and MF must bring the energy from the bench as manu did.

SpursWoman
03-25-2006, 05:35 PM
Spurswoman is that you in your avatar? :wow

Yes. :)

Sportman
03-25-2006, 05:38 PM

REALLY!!!!!!!!!!!! i want to know san antonio NOW :spin :spin

fraga
03-25-2006, 05:57 PM
I believe we're gonna need many more photos to follow up this breaking story...

SpursWoman
03-25-2006, 06:13 PM
There are more. :lol :lol

BTW ... I watched the parts of the game I missed. Barry was 'da man last night. :tu :)

Kori Ellis
03-25-2006, 06:24 PM
Pop should have told Barry he was going to trade him last season, then all year this year he would have been a monster. :smokin

fraga
03-25-2006, 10:04 PM
"I gotta say....I...I....really appreciate what you showing me right now..."

exstatic
03-25-2006, 10:36 PM
He's played with a purpose after almost getting traded, but how long will that last?

That's exactly my worry. Hopefully it lasts, so that he still has value on the trade market this summer.

Gerryatrics
03-26-2006, 09:24 AM
Brent Barry+Touches=Good Things

TwoHandJam
03-26-2006, 04:47 PM
What's been frustrating for me is that I've always felt Barry was most useful when he's running the point. I really thought Pop had realized this after last year but he gave Barry virtually no minutes running the point this year until recently because of the VanX pickup.

Make no mistake, Barry was also at fault for not being aggressive with the minutes he was given but Pop certainly didn't place him in the best position to succeed either. It just sucks that he was again misused even after a year with the club.

kalikot_boy_kr
03-26-2006, 07:30 PM
:tu :tu i agree to mr. two hand jam...exactly.

kalikot_boy_kr
03-26-2006, 07:33 PM
:baby hey peeps! why some of u showing ur big and small, large & extralarge breast here?...im just asking? :lol

kalikot_boy_kr
03-26-2006, 07:36 PM
:makeout why why why why! its no longer go spurs go! but go ****** go! :lmao

aaronstampler
03-26-2006, 07:41 PM
The whole concept of "Barry haters" blows my mind. You're going to dislike somebody because they don't play as well as you'd like them to? It's absurd. For me to dislike an NBA player, it has nothing to do with his play, he just has to act like a complete ass. So I'm never going to hate Brent Barry. Sorry.

But I hope he doesn't get traded in the offseason. He fits in well here. He has a good demeanor and a good personality and his teammates seem to like him. From the second we acquired Brent, it just felt natural to me that he should be a Spur. His shooting goes hot and cold, but like Pop says, there's more to playing on the team than how well you shoot, and I would miss him if he left.

It reminds me of the Red Sox trading Bronson Arroyo. That team won it all in '04, and in two short years, the GM has dismantled the whole team for no reason really, just to prove he could. Brent was like our Bronson Arroyo, and I would like him to retire a Spur.

aaronstampler
03-26-2006, 07:43 PM
What's been frustrating for me is that I've always felt Barry was most useful when he's running the point. I really thought Pop had realized this after last year but he gave Barry virtually no minutes running the point this year until recently because of the VanX pickup.

Make no mistake, Barry was also at fault for not being aggressive with the minutes he was given but Pop certainly didn't place him in the best position to succeed either. It just sucks that he was again misused even after a year with the club.

I still think he's got the most point guard-like mentality and skills of anyone on the club. If I were coach, he'd be the backup point, Beno would be the backup SG, and Fin would be the backup SF. But the guy who is coach has slightly more experience than I do..