PDA

View Full Version : St Louis Rams at San Francisco 49ers

timvp
10-01-2004, 12:32 PM
SAN FRANCISCO (Ticker) -- After getting shut out for the first time in nearly 27 years, the San Francisco 49ers look to avert their first 0-4 start since 1979 when they meet the St. Louis Rams on Sunday in a matchup of NFC West Division rivals.

The Niners had their record streak of 420 regular season games and 36 postseason contests without getting blanked stopped in last week's 34-0 loss at Seattle.

San Francisco is off to its worst start since losing its first seven games in Bill Walsh's first season.

Quarterback Tim Rattay hopes to return this week after he missed the last two games with a separated shoulder. Ken Dorsey passed for just 153 yards and was intercepted twice against Seattle.

For the second straight season, the Rams are off to a 1-2 start. They bounced back to finish 12-4 last year en route to winning the division.

But the Rams seem to be a team in flux this season with questions on both the offensive and defensive lines.

In last week's 28-25 overtime loss to the New Orleans Saints , the Rams surrendered 462 total yards, including 149 on the ground.

Coach Mike Martz also received some heat for the loss after electing to squib kick with under 30 seconds left in regulation, a move that led to a tying field goal.

The teams split two meetings last season, with each winning at home. San Francisco posted a 30-10 victory here.

Matchup to watch: Rams receiver Isaac Bruce , who had eight catches for 134 yards last week, against left cornerback Ahmed Plummer .

ducks
10-03-2004, 10:45 PM
how long does it take to have it update your winnings

timvp
10-03-2004, 11:22 PM
how long does it take to have it update your winnings

Right away.

Duff McCartney
10-03-2004, 11:24 PM
It almost makes me cry to see the 49ers. They have gone from a once mighty franchise...to a sorry excuse for a team.

timvp
10-04-2004, 12:34 AM
Nice job, Jav. You are 88 vBookie dollars richer after that bet.

Useruser666
10-04-2004, 08:00 AM
Hey where's my 59 cents! So far vBookie owes me $1.17! I'm gonna send Bruno and Vinny to collect if it doesn't come up with the cash. :wtf