PDA

View Full Version : Go buy "A History of Violence." Now.

Samr
03-25-2006, 01:58 PM
Watched it last night. That was a great movie. It made me want to go out and smash some guy's nose up into his skull, several times, while simultaneously shooting the shit out of his mafia partner and, as a side-effect, making my wife (who is watching the ordeal) crave hot, steamy hate-sex because I lead a double-life I kinda forgot to tell her about.

Anyone else seen the movie? It's great.

SPARKY
03-25-2006, 02:00 PM
Nah.

http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/9104/cuban7xa.png

Nice sig. Does your mommy know you think rape is so trivial?

Samr
03-25-2006, 02:02 PM
rape is so trivial?

In the context of the playoffs, or rather, the Mavs, it is. It's just a simple formality.

mookie2001
03-25-2006, 02:02 PM
rape is not
dominant aggie avatars are serious as well

SPARKY
03-25-2006, 02:05 PM
In the context of the playoffs, or rather, the Mavs, it is. It's just a simple formality.

Not really.

midgetonadonkey
03-25-2006, 02:05 PM
I will not buy this DVD.

Samr
03-25-2006, 02:12 PM
Not really.

Are you a Mavs fan or do you really have the inability to distinguish between meanings of a word?

People take things too literally. If you just stepped back from the literal situation, if you stopped only seeing dictionary definition of the world, you might have a bit more fun. There's humor in everything, even Bobby Knight's quote, if you just step back and enjoy it.

SPARKY
03-25-2006, 02:18 PM
I have the ability to do many things.

Clayton Williams only wishes that everyone else in Texas thought that quote was a comedic classic a few years back.

Perhaps if you were more intelligent you would understand why. As it stands, you're just another douche with a modem.

Oscar DeLa
03-25-2006, 02:19 PM
I have the ability to do many things.

Clayton Williams only wishes that everyone else in Texas thought that quote was a comedic classic a few years back.

Perhaps if you were more intelligent you would understand why. As it stands, you're just another douche with a modem.

I dont know what it is but Sparkus Bryant has an ability to do alot of things.

Jekka
03-25-2006, 02:19 PM
There's humor in everything, even Bobby Knight's quote, if you just step back and enjoy it.

Yeah, I don't find any humor in that quote. At all.

MannyIsGod
03-25-2006, 02:23 PM
A History of Violence is severely overrated. Man, you just can't win in this thread dude.

Samr
03-25-2006, 02:44 PM
I love that quote and I love that movie. And as far as the context of rape, as in one team rapeing another (see: 1999 Spurs/Knicks finals), goes, it is entirely appropriate and aptly describes the actions taking place. The Knicks didn't want to get their ass beat, but there was nothing they could do about it. "Involuntery ass-beating" just doesn't have the same ring to it. :lol

Melmart1
03-25-2006, 02:47 PM
Dude, just stop. The more you try to justify it, the worse it sounds.

Jekka
03-25-2006, 02:54 PM
Dude, just stop. The more you try to justify it, the worse it sounds.

Thank you and ditto.

Samr
03-25-2006, 02:59 PM
Damnit I feel like I'm trying to get a good review from a blind Roeper and Ebert. :lol But if y'all don't think it's funny, whatever, it still makes me laugh. But that's not the point of the thread.

HAS ANYONE ELSE SEEN HISTORY OF VIOLENCE? The plot is actually a nice twist on the standard mafia-killing theme.

Jekka
03-25-2006, 03:03 PM
Damnit I feel like I'm trying to get a good review from a blind Roeper and Ebert. :lol

How far is it you plan on digging?

Anyways, I have seen the movie, and I don't think it was anything near the hype made it out to be. It wasn't bad, but I don't plan on seeing it again.

midgetonadonkey
03-25-2006, 03:09 PM
Are you being paid to pimp this movie or what dude. Shit, we know you like it. No need to keep on and on about it.

Samr
03-25-2006, 03:13 PM
Yes. I am being paid.

Melmart1
03-25-2006, 03:19 PM
WTF? Sam, if you are mocking our avy's, please cease and desist immediately! Men are not allowed to participate unless its thier significant other! Do not make me go regulator on you! I will go to great lengths to protect the integrity of the boobage mojo!

jcrod
03-25-2006, 04:55 PM
movie sucked!

danyel
03-25-2006, 05:07 PM
Good movie, but just that...good.

Go watch "City of God" thats a movie worth purchasing...

dougp
03-25-2006, 05:14 PM
was a good movie :D

IX_Equilibrium
03-25-2006, 05:44 PM
A History of Violence was horrible.

These scenes dragged on and on and became pointless, the dynamic between the husband and wife was completely unrealistic, and the teenage son's part was played like he was on "Saved by the Bell".

I expected alot more from a movie starring Viggo and Ed Harris.

Samr
03-25-2006, 05:53 PM
But look at the violence! :lol It was senseless entertainment. And that's entertaining.

(in no way to I put this movie on the same pedestal as something like Crash, but as far as shooting and killing and in general just doing cool shit goes, I liked it)

Vashner
03-25-2006, 05:57 PM
I want to see it but I aint' gonna buy it lol. Rent maybe.

Jekka
03-25-2006, 06:19 PM

If you're talking about the Brazilian movie about the photographer then I'll second that. "City of God" was an incredible film both subject-wise and visually.

slayermin
03-25-2006, 07:53 PM
A History of Violence is severely overrated.

Yep.

slayermin
03-25-2006, 08:00 PM

The editing was incredible.

Another film with a good story and excellent editing is "Amorros Perros."

Opinionater
03-25-2006, 08:33 PM
IMHO, the movie was masterful. I think how the two robbers/killers are developed, how the movie makes increasingly more clear that Tom is a former killer yet he won't aknowledge it, so that when he finally does it's a shock, and the symbolic killing of his rough past in the end.

Two thumbs up.

slayermin
03-25-2006, 08:52 PM
IMHO, the movie was masterful. I think how the two robbers/killers are developed, how the movie makes increasingly more clear that Tom is a former killer yet he won't aknowledge it, so that when he finally does it's a shock, and the symbolic killing of his rough past in the end.

Two thumbs up.

The script writer probably thought up the story watching "A Long Kiss Goodnight." Charlie Baltimore would kicked Aragorn's azz.