PDA

View Full Version : Popovich's quote from yesterday

zocool16
03-25-2006, 05:20 PM
"Tim not scoring, he doesn't care," Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said. "He had six assists. He was our high assist guy. If people want to double-team him, keep him from scoring, they can do that. Luckily for us, he's unselfish and looks to find other guys on the court and let his teammates play. That's worked out for us."

I agree with Pop, I think some people are overreacting to him not scoring and not taking so many shots sometimes. I mean I am his number one fan and it really bugs me when he doesn't get his 20 points plus in every game or his 10 boards plus but that's just cuz I want him to be talked about and say 'oh he's puttin up numbers' but that's just not what Tim's about. As long as the team's winning, he'll keep "sacrificing" himself by not scoring as much and doing everything else he's always done.

I think Pop is a wise man, he knows what he's talking about. You know Tim, when the shot is there, he takes it. But if someone has a better shot, he'll pass it everytime.

GO SPURS GO!!!

thispego
03-25-2006, 05:24 PM
whoa

Sportman
03-25-2006, 05:30 PM
As i always say, the important thing for spurs NOW is the playoffs, and that is going to be when spurs fans need to see the REAL tim, nevertheless this is not so vital if tony and manu are having a good moment, we dont have to forget spurs are still a team.

itzsoweezee
03-26-2006, 12:28 AM
despite all his skills, tim's never really been a great passer. lately, though, seems like he's improved on that aspect of his game

T-Pain
03-26-2006, 12:30 AM
despite all his skills, tim's never really been a great passer. lately, though, seems like he's improved on that aspect of his game

lil wayne?

zocool16
03-26-2006, 01:00 AM

i can't believe u'd say that... Duncan's passing is awesome. Or is it his awareness? He seems to just see everything, He always has someone to pass it to when the double comes and most of the time it creates offense.

Winnipeg_Spur
03-26-2006, 01:50 AM
Something I've noticed is earlier this season (and for much of his career) Duncan actually tended to take more shots when he was struggling because he usually got frustrated when someone was doing a good job on him. When he was having nice scoring games he would often get into a better rhythm and start really moving the ball, taking fewer shots. Lately though, he seems content to keep the ball moving and not start to force things, even if he's not having a good night. It also seems like he's making more interior passes to Mohammed at the rim, much like he did with DRob.

ObiwanGinobili
03-26-2006, 08:16 AM
CIA Pop is an undercover basketball GOD>

shit, I'll probebly be killed for letting that out.

kalikot_boy_kr
03-26-2006, 08:42 AM
:blah OBIWAN ANG PAYAT MO NAMAN!!!!!PINAPAKITA MO PAH! SUS MARIO AT OSEPH! HAHAHHA!

pjjrfan
03-26-2006, 10:38 AM
His passing was tremoundous during the playoffs in 03 nd 05. ONe of the many reasons Tim can be so dangerous. Everything about Tim is getting into his rythem and having his teammates hit those open shots, when that happens it becomes very obvious that Tim is such a force in the middle that even this year that he is struggling very few teams will even think about playing him one on one.

samikeyp
03-26-2006, 10:41 AM
Its all about winning, right now the Spurs are winning.