PDA

View Full Version : Rolling Oaks unveils multimillion-dollar renovation

Kori Ellis
10-01-2004, 01:03 PM
http://sanantonio.bizjournals.com/sanantonio/stories/2004/09/27/daily33.html

Rolling Oaks Mall has completed its $10 million renovation of the property and will open its doors to the public on Oct. 9-10.

The event will highlight the multimillion-dollar renovation that Simon Property Group began this past spring. Simon is the Indianapolis-based real estate investment trust (REIT) that owns Rolling Oaks.

As previously reported by the Business Journal in February, Simon initiated the investment after Plano-based retailer J.C. Penney Co. decided to open a new 136,254-square-foot store at the mall. The JCPenney at Rolling Oaks will also open next week.

Besides welcoming the latest anchor, Rolling Oaks will use the event to unveil other amenities, including some new softer seating areas, wood decking on the mall's second-level bridges and a new Center Court.

Scheduled to appear during the re-opening weekend are the Spurs Silver Dancers and the Spurs Coyote. Live music, lifestyle demonstrations and a fashion show of the latest fall lines will also be part of the event.

"As the renovation project comes to a close, we are excited to welcome our shoppers and community into their new mall," says Chris Derby, who is the area director of mall marketing. "Changing the look and feel of Rolling Oaks Mall is just another way that we continue to deliver on our commitment to provide a quality shopping experience for the area."

Located at 6909 North Loop 1604 East in Northeast San Antonio, Rolling Oaks opened in July 1988. The 889,000-square-foot center has a total of 119 stores, including anchor stores Dillard's, Foley's, Sears and now JCPenney.

Zombie
10-01-2004, 01:36 PM
There goes my secret Christmas shopping location. The past few years that mall was dead during the holiday season, now with Pennys moving in it will get busy. :bang

Growth is a good thing though.

pooh
10-01-2004, 02:46 PM
I've only been out there two times. Back in '90 (the same day Heidi was abducted inronically) and in 2000 during no-tax weekend. Other than that no...too far. I might go out there for a booksigning but that's about it.