PDA

View Full Version : anyone see gordon push kenseth after the race?

chode_regulator
03-26-2006, 07:04 PM
thought it was pretty cool to see gordon show some emotion. hes like the tim duncan of nascar.
anyways it just bc the 24 car was faster than the 17, and we all know at bristol you want a fast car.
go 24!!

:elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant

03-26-2006, 07:13 PM
At least Gordon was smart enough not to take off his helmet in case Kenseth decided to swing back.

mookie2001
03-26-2006, 07:14 PM
dam that Dewalt car was running fast!

Guru of Nothing
03-26-2006, 07:18 PM
thought it was pretty cool to see gordon show some emotion. hes like the tim duncan of nascar.

Tim is not gay.

NTTIAWWT.

chode_regulator
03-26-2006, 07:22 PM
Tim is not gay.

NTTIAWWT.
ok for those of us who dont spend all day in chatrooms and im'ing and basicaly just online in general, please decode your acronym

chode_regulator
03-26-2006, 07:22 PM
dam that Dewalt car was running fast!
not fast enogh.
those penske cars were awful fast today. i t hink the hendrick cars were the cars to beat, they were really fast today

Guru of Nothing
03-26-2006, 07:28 PM
ok for those of us who dont spend all day in chatrooms and im'ing and basicaly just online in general, please decode your acronym

Pardon my cutting edge delivery ....

Not That There Is Anything Wrong With That.

Samr
03-26-2006, 07:34 PM
and we all know at bristol you want a fast car.

Actually, don't you want a fast car everywhere? Isn't that the entire point, to have a fast car?

Marklar MM
03-26-2006, 08:21 PM
Actually, don't you want a fast car everywhere? Isn't that the entire point, to have a fast car?

Ya, but some tracks aren't about speed, but the edging.

AlamoSpursFan
03-26-2006, 08:48 PM
I would have liked to see Kenseth push Kurt Busch, but that's just me.

Actually, it would have been funny to see someone plow into Busch's car while he was doing his silly "snow angel".

:lol

Zombie
03-26-2006, 09:21 PM
I would have liked to see Kenseth push Kurt Busch, but that's just me.

Actually, it would have been funny to see someone plow into Busch's car while he was doing his silly "snow angel".

Poor Harvick finished 2nd today and Yesterday to a damn Busch.
http://www.nascarchat.org/siteimages/racedaypics/bristolC/cap3026.jpg
http://www.nascarchat.org/siteimages/racedaypics/bristolC/cap3021.jpg

dawn
03-26-2006, 09:45 PM
That was some great stuff! Jeff was pissed. I wish he would have done that shit to Truex though cause my man Marty would have beat him down! Jeff is a class act though.

Damn man, Zombie why could your man not pull it out though? I was so waiting for him to bump and run on Kurt and then forget in the winners circle that he is no longer "RUBBERHEAD", but give him a new name.

Also for those of you less obsessed with Nascar than I, you know, the ones who do not set up the labtop next to them on the couch to hear the in car audio also, you missed some great conversations today by my Man Dale Jr. Oh hell he had me laughing my ass off today. He is always fun when he has a good car, has fun, and just lets loose!!! :blah

samikeyp
03-26-2006, 10:43 PM
I saw it....he had a point but both settled down afterward. Good race.

KEDA
03-26-2006, 11:33 PM
Edwards with a 3rd

not too shabby

pache100
03-27-2006, 09:24 AM
Somebody ought to just get it over with and beat the hell out of Jeff Gordon. Everybody on that track wants to.

He shows plenty of emotion when he WHINES like a little girl every week after each race he doesn't win. And that is SUCH an insult to Tim Duncan; Jeff Gordon couldn't clean Tim Duncan's shoes. You never had any credibility with me for racing knowledge, but if you had, you'd have just blown it to hell and back with that remark.

At least Gordon was smart enough not to take off his helmet in case Kenseth decided to swing back.

:lol :lol :lol

Well, Gordon getting tapped out (what he deserved) on the track brought one good thing...Kasey finished in the top 10!!!

samikeyp
03-27-2006, 09:50 AM
Gordon isn't the only whiner on that circuit. Stewart, Gordon, Harvick, Kurt Busch have all done it...even your boy Kasey whined a bit his rookie year (although I think he is an great driver). I am relatively new to watching Nascar and unlike most, I don't have a specific driver I live and die with. I do think, like most athletes, they tend to whine but I think with Nascar drivers its a little more emotionally based. Going 500 laps at 190mph is brutal. I don't get the Gordon/Stewart hate. Its like if you win alot, fans hate you.

KEDA
03-27-2006, 09:57 AM
Im not a big Gordon fan because he likes to bitch.

But I HATE Kurt Bush even more

hes a cocky son of a bitch, and his drunk driving issue from last year put a big black mark on Roush Racing, of wich I am a HUGE fan of!

samikeyp
03-27-2006, 09:59 AM
I think its ironic that Stewart bitches about Gordon, when Stewart whines just as much.

But yes, Kurt Busch is a little bitch.

Melmart1
03-27-2006, 10:05 AM
Kurt Busch is a little whiney bitch.. taking over the supreme whining of the no. 2 before him, Crusy Rusty.

pache100
03-27-2006, 10:33 AM
Kurt Busch is a little whiney bitch.. taking over the supreme whining of the no. 2 before him, Crusy Rusty.

I generally don't say too much about Kurt Busch because he is the driver my brother follows (and it doesn't take much to piss him off, either :lol ). Anyway, I don't like ANY Hendricks driver. I feel the same way about Hendricks Motor Sports as I do about the Lakers, the Washington Redskins, and Judson High School. My favorite team/player/driver/etc., on any given day is whoever BEATS them.

I agree with you 100% about Rusty, though...and that whiny voice!!! Ai-yi-yi! He drove me nuts. How on EARTH could anyone have thought he would make a good announcer??? I like Kenny and Mike, but I cannot STAND Rusty. I read something awhile back, that one of the reasons (besides the obvious) that none of the other drivers liked to hang around Rusty is that he has bodacious body odor and they couldn't stand the smell! I thought that was so funny.

Melmart1
03-27-2006, 10:35 AM
OH, gawd! CRUSTY RUSTY had that nasily voice.. whine, whine, whine! ARGHHHHHHHHHHHH. And he thinks he should have one of the France's jobs. yeah, right!

I can honestly say I prefer Kurt Busch.. but not by a whole helluva lot!

samikeyp
03-27-2006, 10:35 AM
I read something awhile back, that one of the reasons (besides the obvious) that none of the other drivers liked to hang around Rusty is that he has bodacious body odor and they couldn't stand the smell! I thought that was so funny

:lmao

I think Rusty's name got him that job, not his skills. My favorite team is the FOX team. The NBC and TNT guys are just a little boring.

pache100
03-27-2006, 10:50 AM
My favorite team is the FOX team. The NBC and TNT guys are just a little boring.

:tu

I LOVE DW! (Mikey is my Mom's driver...and their last name is VERY similar to ours :spin ) I have a pin that I wear on race days (besides my #9 pin of course) that says, "Boogity Boogity Boogity Let's Go Racin' Boys!" I like the whole Fox team, though, and just the way they broadcast races. I wish the whole season could be on Fox. I hate it when they split over to NBC.

The Waltrips are very savvy people, although most people think they are hicks because of the racing and their accents. But, they are going to be household names in the racing world in the next few years, write it down. They are going to put Toyota on the NASCAR map bigtime.

KEDA
03-27-2006, 10:54 AM

NO FUCKING SHIT

I was at Bristol 4 years ago for the night race, and I was in the pits like 5 hours before qualifying, I went up to shithead Rusty Wallace, and asked for an autograph. Not for me mind you, I could care less about him, I was getting it for my best friends nephews who was like 3. I told Rusty about it and he looked at me and said "I dont have time for you!" and proceeded to walk off.

fuck that guy!

KEDA
03-27-2006, 10:58 AM
My uncle is good friends with Jaws, I see him about once a year!

He is fucking hilearous!

hes got sooooo many stories, hes great to sit outside with a Shiner Bock (I bring a 12 pack with me when I drive up to Nashville) and just listen to some of the just crazy things that have happened over his career!

Jaws is the man!

samikeyp
03-27-2006, 11:34 AM
I like the whole Fox team, though, and just the way they broadcast races. I wish the whole season could be on Fox. I hate it when they split over to NBC.

Amen.

chode_regulator
03-27-2006, 09:08 PM
ehhh....how does gordon whine after every race?
almost every interview they have of him afterwards he takes at least some responsibility for hte crash, including the one on sunday. and yeah it is funny how he went from being loved to hated.
and to whoever remarked about me not being nascar knowledgeable, fuck you. ive only made a handful of nascar comments here and i dont htink ive ever seen one that youve posted in before. and i was refering to gordon always being polite and pc with his comments. and actually i guess by comparing one of the greatest nba players to one of the greatest racecar drivers, you cant deny the numbers motherfuckers, that there is no cmparison. what was i thinking. i guess tiger woods also sucks and is a horrible golfer.
and the ones who i think are the biggest whiners, besides tony this season, are kurt, who seems to have calmed a little. though he has a long way to go to turn his image around. mark martin, he is constantly whining and rusty was pretty damn bad.
makes me wihs more like ricky rudd and terry labonte were around.

oh yeah fox is better with the analysts. whats that damn guy for nbc that does the prerace shit and used to be a pits guy? they should have left alan in the booth and fired that shithead altogether. that motherfucker is devoid of anything meaningful and his voice is really annoying

edit:bill weber i think is his name? :huh

AlamoSpursFan
03-27-2006, 09:16 PM
All this talk of whiny NASCAR drivers and not ONE mention of Jimmie Johnson?

chode_regulator
03-27-2006, 09:17 PM
who's jimmie johnson?

Zombie
03-27-2006, 09:28 PM
doesn't he make sausage?

No, thats Jimmie Dean.

AlamoSpursFan
03-27-2006, 09:28 PM
Good point...

:lmao

KEDA
03-28-2006, 12:06 AM
I hate Hendrick drivers, BUT what Jimmie has done without Knauss has been incredible!

I think you have to actually agree to bitch after the race no matter what to be a Hendrick driver, I think its in the contract!

pache100
03-28-2006, 09:23 AM
All this talk of whiny NASCAR drivers and not ONE mention of Jimmie Johnson?

Ok. Jenny Johnson.

(now she's been mentioned)

pache100
03-28-2006, 09:26 AM
I hate Hendrick drivers, BUT what Jimmie has done without Knauss has been incredible!

True. I was wondering Sunday if maybe he should have stuck with the substitute guy. Their commercials are funny, though, esp the one where they are in Lowe's shopping.

I think you have to actually agree to bitch after the race no matter what to be a Hendrick driver, I think its in the contract!

:tu

I think so, too...and it and constantly bringing up the tragic Hendricks family usually gets them exactly what they want.

MoSpur
03-28-2006, 10:37 AM
All the hate on the Hendricks is due to their success. Wait, according to the haters, they are successful because they cheat. Yeah. Like they are the only team out there trying to get an advantage wherever they can. PLEASE!!!! Jeff Gordon is a class act. He always gives credit to where credit is due. Does he whine? Of course he does. So does everyone else. Not all the time though. No one wants to get wrecked or taken out of a race. If someone got wrecked and didn't complain, I would question them. If you get wrecked you are going to have a hard time winning. That's what its all about.

It boils down to people hating to see others win all the time and that's what the Hendricks boys do. They just win baby.

pache100
03-28-2006, 10:53 AM
It boils down to people hating to see others win all the time and that's what the Hendricks boys do. They just win baby.

You like and dislike whoever you like and dislike for your own reasons. Please allow the rest of us to do the same.

( I have about a thousand reasons for disliking Hendricks Motorsports and their drivers; not a single one of them is because "They just win")

samikeyp
03-28-2006, 11:05 AM

so then what's Tony Stewart's excuse? Or Kevin Harvick? :)

KEDA
03-28-2006, 11:09 AM
Tony thinks he should win every race, and he could!

Harvick sucks, he was pulled from NBS way too early, I think Childress could have pulled another driver after E died, and brought Harvick up the next season.

samikeyp
03-28-2006, 11:17 AM
Tony thinks he should win every race, and he could!

Every driver should think that way, yet they get hated for it. It seems to me that Mo might have a point. Again I have just been a fan for a couple of years but it seems that winning breeds contempt much like it does with other sports franchises. I like the way Stewart, Gordon, Johnson, Earnhardt, Newman and Kahne race. I am fast becoming a fan of Carl Edwards too. I don't have "a" driver and I don't have anything against those who do. I just think that some people carry it way too far. I hear things like "Tony Stewart sucks" or "Jeff Gordon sucks" well obviously they don't if you follow the sport. I honestly believe that there are fans out there that would be happy if certain drivers were killed. That is just sad.

MoSpur
03-28-2006, 11:30 AM
No matter what Pache says, you hate on them because they win. Please give me ten out the thousand reasons you have as to why you hate Hendricks.

pache100
03-28-2006, 11:43 AM
No matter what Pache says, you hate on them because they win. Please give me ten out the thousand reasons you have as to why you hate Hendricks.

This is getting childish. I do not hate the Hendricks because they win. You can say all day and all night that I do and it won't make it so. I don't have to give you any reasons. I'm done with the sandbox stuff.

T-Pain
03-28-2006, 11:45 AM
anyways it just bc the 24 car was faster than the 17, and we all know at bristol you want a fast car.
go 24!!

:elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant :elephant

i saw it on sportscenter

MoSpur
03-28-2006, 11:54 AM
This is getting childish. I do not hate the Hendricks because they win. You can say all day and all night that I do and it won't make it so. I don't have to give you any reasons. I'm done with the sandbox stuff.

Thought so.

samikeyp
03-28-2006, 12:42 PM

Dude....you don't know that unless she tells you and she has said repeatedly that is not the case. Even if it was, she has that right. No one can tell anyone else how they have to like or dislike a team, athlete or sport. She also doesn't have to disclose anything she doesn't want to. You wouldn't like it if she told you how to watch NASCAR and you don't have the right to question her beliefs either.

pache100
03-28-2006, 12:53 PM
...it seems that winning breeds contempt much like it does with other sports franchises. I like the way Stewart, Gordon, Johnson, Earnhardt, Newman and Kahne race. I am fast becoming a fan of Carl Edwards too.

Winning doesn't breed contempt in my case (although I agree that it does in many cases); I love it when Kasey wins! :lol I like Smoke and Jr; I like Ryan Newman, too. I am a big Carl Edwards fan (what's not to like?). I also like Biffle and Kenseth ("Did I win?" - love that commercial!). I don't hate any of the drivers. I dislike quite a few and they are not all Hendricks drivers (that I dislike). I don't care for Robby Gordon, either, and Harvick is not my cup of tea - although I do like Delana! The reasons for all this liking and disliking have evolved over the years and are too numerous to mention.

I don't have "a" driver and I don't have anything against those who do. I just think that some people carry it way too far. I hear things like "Tony Stewart sucks" or "Jeff Gordon sucks" well obviously they don't if you follow the sport. I honestly believe that there are fans out there that would be happy if certain drivers were killed. That is just sad.

That's ok, not to have a favorite driver; I didn't either for a very long time. I picked Kasey Kahne out his rookie year and decided to follow his career and I'm enjoying it immensely (although last season was a little frustrating :rolleyes ). I don't like all the hate talk, either, although I can certainly understand the fever pitch it reaches sometimes. I believe there are fans out there like that, too. But, I'm not one of them. I don't want to see anyone killed on the race track (Dale Earnhardt's death is still very fresh in my mind...I hated it when he died, even though he was never a favorite of mine). I don't want to see anyone hurt, either, or even wrecked. I can't stand it when one of those beautiful machines crashes into the wall - not to mention concern for the driver (imagine how they feel). It is indeed sad when people rejoice or cheer over something like a driver being killed or hurt.

MoSpur
03-28-2006, 12:56 PM
Dude....you don't know that unless she tells you and she has said repeatedly that is not the case. Even if it was, she has that right. No one can tell anyone else how they have to like or dislike a team, athlete or sport. She also doesn't have to disclose anything she doesn't want to. You wouldn't like it if she told you how to watch NASCAR and you don't have the right to question her beliefs either.

I wasn't trying to do any of the above. I was wanting her to give me reasons as to why she doesn't like Hendricks MS. Thats all. I could care less as to who she likes or dislikes. It doesn't matter to me. She gave an opinion about Gordon whining. So I gave my opinion as to why she dislikes him and other drivers. Isn't that what a discussion is about? Isn't this a discussion board? If not let me know.

samikeyp
03-28-2006, 12:56 PM
Robby Gordon...you want to talk about whiners! Oy! That guy just needs to go away!

samikeyp
03-28-2006, 12:59 PM
I was wanting her to give me reasons as to why she doesn't like Hendricks MS. Thats all

True but she doesn't have to. When she said that, that topic of conversation ended. You didn't let it go. You weren't stating an opinion, you were voicing it as you thought it was a fact "No matter what Pache says" in other words, she may be telling the truth but you are saying she is lying anyway.

pache100
03-28-2006, 12:59 PM
Robby Gordon...you want to talk about whiners! Oy! That guy just needs to go away!

:tu :lol

That exchange between him and Michael Waltrip on the track last year is still one of the funniest things I have ever seen associated with a race though. That was good theater. :blah

tlongII
03-28-2006, 01:03 PM
What's up with Biffle? He's been having terrible luck this season!

MoSpur
03-28-2006, 01:05 PM
True but she doesn't have to. When she said that, that topic of conversation ended. You didn't let it go. You weren't stating an opinion, you were voicing it as you thought it was a fact "No matter what Pache says" in other words, she may be telling the truth but you are saying she is lying anyway.

Its my opinion that she and others who don't like Gordon is because of the fact that he dominated the sport for a while. So be it. She knows its an opinion as do most others, but it seems you don't. I don't expect Pache to start rooting for Jeff Gordon because I told her to give me ten reasons why she didn't like him. You're the one who hasn't let it go.

MoSpur
03-28-2006, 01:06 PM

It happens. Every driver goes through a period like this. Biffle is a darn good driver and I expect him to get his stuff together.

pache100
03-28-2006, 01:07 PM

I don't know. I can't put my finger on it, but he's having a year like Jr had last year. Hopefully, his team will work things out and he will get some wins.

It does look like the Dodge guys are finally figuring out the Charger and getting it on track.

samikeyp
03-28-2006, 01:10 PM
So Mo, you said you thought that Pache doesn't like Gordon because he wins, she said that wasn't the case. Do you still then feel she only dislikes Gordon because he wins?

MoSpur
03-28-2006, 01:21 PM
Its my opinion that a lot of people don't like him because of the fact that he dominated the sport for a long time and was always the "good boy" type. A clean cut guy who was winning a lot. NASCAR fans weren't use to that. Something like Tim Duncan. Tim Duncan is the quiet type who just gets the job done. He doesn't bother anyone, but he has accomplished what a lot of NBA players dream of. A lof of fans don't like Duncan because of that. We Spurs fans don't agree.

Same with Gordon. He has accomplished a lot in his career. A lot of drivers only dream of accomplishing what he has. Its just an opinion of mine. Take it for what it is. I think Gordon's success has something to do with Pache not liking him. I think a little does. Do I care? No. NASCAR is very different from other sports. I can come and say all kinds of crap about Kahne and Pache would go off because that is the driver she follows and I would commend her for doing so. NASCAR fans are probably the most faithful type of fans there is.

samikeyp
03-28-2006, 01:24 PM
Fair points and if you didn't know the truth about Pache's dislike I could see that because there are people out there whom I believe dislike certain drivers and teams because of just that reason. My point is though Pache told you straight up that Gordon's success was not a reason for disliking him. Knowing that, how is it possible to maintain that opinion of why Pache doesn't like Gordon or Hendricks?

samikeyp
03-28-2006, 01:26 PM
I do agree with you though....NASCAR fans are some of the best and most loyal you will find. I also think NASCAR does the best job of creating interaction between their athletes (and yes, they are athletes) and the fans.

MoSpur
03-28-2006, 01:31 PM
Well, I keep saying it because its my opinion. Simple is that. Not trying to be a jerk. Just my opinion. Same as the opinion that Spurs fans think the media doesn't like the Spurs or gives them respect. The media won't come out and say, "yes we think the Spurs are boring." They will deny it and say that they love to follow the Spurs, but a lot of Spurs fans won't ever believe it.

I agree that NASCAR does the best job of fan/driver interaction. I have gotten to take lots of pictures with NASCAR drivers. Last year I got to pose with Michael Waltrip while he was in the garage. He is pretty tall.

samikeyp
03-28-2006, 01:40 PM
Voicing your opinion doesn't mean you are being a jerk. As someone who strongly believes in that, I am all for it. I give Pache the benefit of the doubt. If she tells me she dislikes Gordon for many reasons, winning not being one of them, then i'm cool with that and I respect her stance. If you feel otherwise then that is your right and I respect that stance as well.

MoSpur
03-28-2006, 01:44 PM
Its just a NASCAR thing. I guess thats the best way I can put it. People who aren't Jeff Gordon or Jimmie Johnson fans will tease those who are about them. Saying they are gay and lovers and what not. People who are fans of Jeff Gordon and Jimmie Johnson will tease those are aren't. Saying things like that don't like them because of the fact that they always win. I get ripped all the time I go to a race for wearing a backwards Gordon cap. I hold up four fingers to remind them of how many championships he's won. Its all good.

samikeyp
03-28-2006, 07:29 PM
Gordon is getting fined 10K for the push.

chode_regulator
03-28-2006, 07:43 PM
Gordon is getting fined 10K for the push.
as long as thats it and no points. i think he lost more than enough pionts already for kenseth being a dooshbag.
glad to see all the nascar fans coming out
btw i like robby gordon too. i like hwo emotional he is. reminds me of stewart but not a fag.

mookie2001
03-28-2006, 07:44 PM
at least tony stewart is mexicano

chode_regulator
03-28-2006, 07:46 PM
at least tony stewart is mexicano
this man speaks the truf