PDA

View Full Version : The one good thing...

Leetonidas
03-26-2006, 11:39 PM
Tim Duncan: 28 Points, 10 Rebounds.

It looks like Tim is going to get back into form. The Spurs know how to handle them when the game is on the line. Normally I don't complain about officiating, but the calls were bull. The last two non-calls. I understand it's up to the team to win the game but when it's that fucking obvious...I don't believe that shit.

It sucks...especially since Detroit lost. Oh well, it was meant for the Spurs to win in Detroit I guess. :depressed

SequSpur
03-26-2006, 11:40 PM
NBA Champions don't have Moral victories.

Amuseddaysleeper
03-26-2006, 11:41 PM
NBA Champions don't have Moral victories.

thank you, dunca can average 90 points a game for all i care, but without any consistency we wont even get past dallas, forget detroit.

mouse
03-26-2006, 11:42 PM
This topic is brought to you by the makers of ..

http://www.alldruginfo.com/p/prozac/prozac.gif

Extra Stout
03-26-2006, 11:43 PM
Tim Duncan: 28 Points, 10 Rebounds.

It looks like Tim is going to get back into form. The Spurs know how to handle them when the game is on the line. Normally I don't complain about officiating, but the calls were bull. The last two non-calls. I understand it's up to the team to win the game but when it's that fucking obvious...I don't believe that shit.

It sucks...especially since Detroit lost. Oh well, it was meant for the Spurs to win in Detroit I guess. :depressed
Screw the excuses. The team never should have been in that situation.

I don't care about catching Detroit. I care about stupid mental mistakes in legion that lead to a terrible loss. This team is supposed to be better than that.

Leetonidas
03-26-2006, 11:45 PM
thank you, dunca can average 90 points a game for all i care, but without any consistency we wont even get past dallas, forget detroit.

You're going to tell me the second best record in the NBA is inconsistent? Yeah the Spurs lost to the Sonics, and they shouldn't have. Detroit lost to NJ at home, and we all know Detroit > NJ. Every team gets in these situations, and the seperation from Detroit is not that huge.

Once the Spurs are dominating in the playoffs, everyone will rejoice.

Aggie Hoopsfan
03-26-2006, 11:47 PM
Yay, moral victories!! We'll look on this one with fondness when they pull our ping pong ball out :rolleyes

Oh wait, we're supposed to be in the Finals this year?

Moral victories are lame.

Duncan had a good game, so what? It's offset by our coach being so in love with TD that he overlooked the guy who brought them back from 9 down in two minutes (Manu) at the end when he needed a bucket.

Hooray for moral victories, or something,.

Amuseddaysleeper
03-26-2006, 11:47 PM
You're going to tell me the second best record in the NBA is inconsistent? Yeah the Spurs lost to the Sonics, and they shouldn't have. Detroit lost to NJ at home, and we all know Detroit > NJ. Every team gets in these situations, and the seperation from Detroit is not that huge.

Once the Spurs are dominating in the playoffs, everyone will rejoice.

i hope so man, but this team just isn't clicking, they aren't going on the tear we all thought they would. i mean the scary thing is that this team is on pace to have the best record in their franchise history, and yet you can still feel that they're underachieving. the rebounding and the substituting along with the D all need to improve

Leetonidas
03-26-2006, 11:48 PM
Yay, moral victories!! We'll look on this one with fondness when they pull our ping pong ball out :rolleyes

Duncan had a good game, so what? It's offset by our coach being so in love with TD that he overlooked the guy who brought them back from 9 down in two minutes (Manu) at the end when he needed a bucket.

What moral victory? I'm not giving us a moral victory. All I'm saying is Tim had a great game, and that he's looking much better.

TDfan2007
03-26-2006, 11:51 PM

Tim would have gotten a shot off if his defender didn't hold him like a bitch. But it shouldn't have even come to that. This team's unbelievable complacency and apparent inability to box out have cost them dearly.

Extra Stout
03-26-2006, 11:52 PM
i hope so man, but this team just isn't clicking, they aren't going on the tear we all thought they would. i mean the scary thing is that this team is on pace to have the best record in their franchise history, and yet you can still feel that they're underachieving. the rebounding and the substituting along with the D all need to improve

It's amazing how upset I can be after a loss, and yet still be irritated at how you blow things out of proportion.

they aren't going on the tear we all thought they would.
They're 23-6 in the second half. Oh, how mediocre that is.

i mean the scary thing is that this team is on pace to have the best record in their franchise history, and yet you can still feel that they're underachieving.
Well, either you're mistaking your excessive pessimism for reality, or this team is so ridiculously kick-ass that they can mail it in and go 63-19.

boutons_
03-26-2006, 11:53 PM
"23-6 in the second half"

sounds good, but this season it ain't good enough.

Amuseddaysleeper
03-26-2006, 11:55 PM
It's amazing how upset I can be after a loss, and yet still be irritated at how you blow things out of proportion.

They're 23-6 in the second half. Oh, how mediocre that is.

Well, either you're mistaking your excessive pessimism for reality, or this team is so ridiculously kick-ass that they can mail it in and go 63-19.

23-6 isn't that stellar for a team that is famous for tearing it up after ASG break. it isn't bad but for a team tryin to win it all 23-6 isn't anything to write home about. and wake the fuck up, our D sucks, our substituing patterns are TERRIBLE, and YES we are playing inconsistently, this team says all the right things about coming together and finding momentum and everytime a bad loss happens which could be a wake up call they go back into hybernation drop a game to a scrub team mode.

Amuseddaysleeper
03-26-2006, 11:56 PM
"23-6 in the second half"

sounds good, but this season it ain't good enough.

exactly, i mean while SA is on par for their best season ever, sadly for us, so is detroit. thank god they've come back to earth as well lately

Aggie Hoopsfan
03-26-2006, 11:56 PM
Damn, Tim wasn't held. He waited for the ball to come to him which allowed the help defender time to make a play on the ball.

Quit listening to Sean Elliott so much.

Leetonidas
03-27-2006, 12:03 AM
Damn, Tim wasn't held. He waited for the ball to come to him which allowed the help defender time to make a play on the ball.

Quit listening to Sean Elliott so much.

I have eyes, I saw the play.

Aggie Hoopsfan
03-27-2006, 12:06 AM
So did I. Petro had his hand on Tim's back. Unless he has the most incredible grip strength known to man kind, I don't think he could have held back Tim Duncan with one palm on TD's back.

But the whole holding thing sounds a lot cooler than admitting that 1) our coach is about as creative as a fucking brick when it comes to end game situations (option 1 = Tim, option 2 = Tim, option 3 = Tim, Tim's fouled out? Let's petition the league to get Tim back in for one last play) or 2) Tim stood there like a rookie waiting for the ball to come to him than going and getting it.

ducks
03-27-2006, 07:55 AM
I thought tp had a very good good game

101A
03-27-2006, 09:47 AM

...because Dallas and Detroit are paragons of consistency. :rolleyes

boutons_
03-27-2006, 12:07 PM
Tim's gret game last night and last-second loss reminds me of Tim's monster game and last-second loss @Bucks.

Tim being healthy and playing great means nothing if Spurs lose.

Sec24Row7
03-27-2006, 12:31 PM
Umm... sept the Spurs have a better chance to win if he is playing great and feeling healthy, they just didnt win last night.

leemajors
03-27-2006, 06:17 PM
you must have not watched the game, i see why we lost now...

Leetonidas
03-27-2006, 06:21 PM
I think I already made a thread about this.

zocool16
03-27-2006, 06:32 PM
Timmy!!!!!!!!!!!!