PDA

View Full Version : We dont deserve HCA

Amuseddaysleeper
03-26-2006, 11:40 PM
With Bowen's pitiful D on allen and Pop's legendary horrific substitution patterns we have pretty much lost HCA of the finals. every time the pistons throw us a bone we fuck it up in typical SA fashion. say what you want about having to win on the road if games 6&7 are in detroit this year we are fucked. to have rebounding issues this bad this late in the season we are gonna be bitch slapped so hard come playoff time a lot of the players are gonna need to look themselves in the mirror this offseason. SPAM is dead. they showed hurt in the last couple minutes of this game but they threw it away with some costly costly rookie mental mistakes. This is the official low point of our regular season

SequSpur
03-26-2006, 11:42 PM
typical SA fashion.

Yeah by winning 3 championships in the last 6 years. Damn that sucks.

:rolleyes

Leetonidas
03-26-2006, 11:42 PM
The Spurs have lost 3 since the ASG I believe. Quit crying. We need to worry about the West before we worry about Detroit. You're assuming that we're going to the Finals and you're also assuming Detroit will get past Miami.

Spurminator
03-26-2006, 11:43 PM
Tell you what, if we don't have the best record at the end of the season then, by rule, we do not deserve HCA.

Until then it's up for grabs. Unless you want to petition the league or something.

Amuseddaysleeper
03-26-2006, 11:43 PM
Yeah by winning 3 championships in the last 6 years. Damn that sucks.

3 in the last 7

and yes, we SHOULD be worrying about the west more than ever with this pathetic rebounding. i have never seen the spurs play this poorly this late in the season

Tek_XX
03-26-2006, 11:44 PM
about home court advantage. If the Spurs are true champions they'll get it done at home or away. The spurs know this. Personally im ready for the playoffs to get started whether their #1 seed or #4.

JamStone
03-26-2006, 11:44 PM
3 championships in the last 7 years

ChumpDumper
03-26-2006, 11:45 PM
3 in the last 7

and yes, we SHOULD be worrying about the west more than ever with this pathetic rebounding. i have never seen the spurs play this poorly this late in the seasonStrangely enough, I have seen Spurfans whining this loudly this late in the season.

Buddy Holly
03-26-2006, 11:45 PM
and yes, we SHOULD be worrying about the west more than ever with this pathetic rebounding. i have never seen the spurs play this poorly this late in the season

Well how could you, you're 4 years old.

SequSpur
03-26-2006, 11:46 PM
Thankfully we don't have to play Seattle in the playoffs. We would really be in trouble...

Buddy Holly
3 championships in the last 7 years

3 championships in the last 15 years.

:depressed

Leetonidas
3 in the last 7

You're judging this entire team by one bad game. The Spurs will bring it once the playoffs start. Count that.

SenorSpur
Fuck that! It shows a complete lack of discipline to simply give away winnable games. True champions don't beat themselves.

The objective is to play well heading into the playoffs. It didn't happen tonight.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
Last time I checked, the title wasn't determined on March 26th...

And HC isn't something that is deserved, it is earned...

Leetonidas
03-26-2006, 11:47 PM
True champions don't beat themselves.

And true champions win on the road, so your point is null and void.

leemajors
03-26-2006, 11:47 PM
stupid thread of the day.

Hillcrest
03-26-2006, 11:48 PM
With Bowen's pitiful D on allen and Pop's legendary horrific substitution patterns we have pretty much lost HCA of the finals. every time the pistons throw us a bone we fuck it up in typical SA fashion. say what you want about having to win on the road if games 6&7 are in detroit this year we are fucked. to have rebounding issues this bad this late in the season we are gonna be bitch slapped so hard come playoff time a lot of the players are gonna need to look themselves in the mirror this offseason. SPAM is dead. they showed hurt in the last couple minutes of this game but they threw it away with some costly costly rookie mental mistakes. This is the official low point of our regular season

We didn't deserve that game...and that's it.

Also, I'd say Horry gave that game away...just presuming the ref would give him a call before slowly falling out of bounds. How about a) a time-out, or b) jumping, turning, and passing to a wide open Duncan or Parker...both of whom could have made more of an efforts to show themselves.

That turnover was a miracle for Seattle. Still...people make mistakes...hopefully, that's the last bit of mindless cruising that we embark on this season.

Buddy Holly
03-26-2006, 11:49 PM
We didn't deserve that game...and that's it.

Yes we did. We went on a 9-0 run with like two minutes left in the game.

Buddy Holly
03-27-2006, 12:30 AM
Kings!

:spin :spin

An easy 4-0 sweep.

Amuseddaysleeper
03-27-2006, 12:41 AM
i agree

i'd MUCH rather face the kings than the lakers or memphis although i think the 1st rd should be OK regardless. 2nd rd onward is what i'm worried about. and detroit :oops

dbreiden83080
03-27-2006, 12:44 AM
I want number one but this 1/4 thing is just bullshit. It is going to be such a tough ass series with the Mavericks in that second round. They are good enough that i could see it going 7 so we really need that HC.

Amuseddaysleeper
03-27-2006, 12:45 AM
I want number one but this 1/4 thing is just bullshit. It is going to be such a tough ass series with the Mavericks in that second round. They are good enough that i could see it going 7 so we really need that HC.

yeah which where tonight's loss on games we should've won will bite us in the ass when we dont have hca vs detroit

dbreiden83080
03-27-2006, 12:47 AM
yeah which where tonight's loss on games we should've won will bite us in the ass when we dont have hca vs detroit

Forget Detroit worry about the west, the Pistons have really struggled lately and i think Miami may beat them in the East finals. They are still the favorites but remember Flip Saunders is a coach that has never won jack shit in his career.

boutons_
03-27-2006, 12:47 AM
it's not at all clear who will get WC 7th and 8th seeds.

Lakers, Kings, Hornets, Jazz are all still very much in the hunt for 7 and 8

Amuseddaysleeper
03-27-2006, 12:50 AM
Forget Detroit worry about the west, the Pistons have really struggled lately and i think Miami may beat them in the East finals. They are still the favorites but remember Flip Saunders is a coach that has never won jack shit in his career.

see a lot more people lately are thinking miami will beat detroit which would make me sleep SO much better at night. but miami i dont think is mentally tough enough to beat detroit in a 7 game series, especially when they wont have the HCA this time around. i see it as detroit in 6 followed by detroit over SA in 6

Hillcrest
03-27-2006, 12:52 AM
Yes we did. We went on a 9-0 run with like two minutes left in the game.

No, we didn't. They made a 106-102 run over 4 quarters. That's the only run that matters.

dbreiden83080
03-27-2006, 12:57 AM
see a lot more people lately are thinking miami will beat detroit which would make me sleep SO much better at night. but miami i dont think is mentally tough enough to beat detroit in a 7 game series, especially when they wont have the HCA this time around. i see it as detroit in 6 followed by detroit over SA in 6

I think it is going to be a great series i see Shaq really kicking it into gear because he will not want to lose to the same team 3 years in a row. All i am saying is i don't worry about the East that much when we have 3 series to win just to get back to the finals.

atxrocker
03-27-2006, 01:01 AM
Kings will cause more trouble than anticipated, while ultimately the Spurs would beat them (though I still think they will grab #7) I seriously doubt it would be a sweep. They are the dark horse coming into this playoff season.

krinkx
03-27-2006, 01:48 AM
the only consolation is that the sonics wont be there in the the playoffs... and we wont see them after the last game this season...

Amuseddaysleeper
03-27-2006, 01:51 AM
the only consolation is that the sonics wont be there in the the playoffs... and we wont see them after the last game this season...

the flipside........the teams that are in the playoffs will be MUCH tougher and playing the way we did tonight against those teams would be a blowout loss easily

T-Pain
03-28-2006, 01:00 AM
Saw on Quite Frankly that he thinks the Spurs can beat the Pistons, even if they dont have HCA. He's a bigger Spurs fan than most of us in here!!!

spurs=bling
03-28-2006, 01:01 AM
he speaks the truth...sorry P<S

Shawn Carter
03-28-2006, 01:07 AM
Saw on Quite Frankly that he thinks the Spurs can beat the Pistons, even if they dont have HCA. He's a bigger Spurs fan than most of us in here!!!

no doubt. My boy Ice is a hiphop legend and knows his basketball.

JamStone
Ice Cube predicted Lakers in five over the Pistons in 2004.

leemajors
correction: ice cube WAS the shit. he hasn't put out a decent ablum in ages.

T-Pain
03-28-2006, 01:10 AM
true. but his prediction is the best ive heard out of anyone here

Amuseddaysleeper
03-28-2006, 03:02 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=250616008

X 4! :spin

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=250623024

now STFU

smeagol
03-28-2006, 06:51 AM
rascal > Amuseddaysleeper