PDA

View Full Version : _Do the Spurs look like Champs to you?_

mouse
03-26-2006, 11:46 PM
Are the Spurs worthy of the 2006 NBA Championship? Was tonight a sneek peek at what will happen in the playoffs? Or just a bump in the road?
be Honest.
Do the Spurs look like Champs to you?

ChumpDumper
03-26-2006, 11:47 PM
Probably not, but no one else currently looks like a lock either, so play the games!

Amuseddaysleeper
03-26-2006, 11:47 PM
Probably not, but no one else currently looks like a lock either, so play the games!

that's a fair assessment

CharlieMac
03-26-2006, 11:49 PM
Are the Spurs worthy of the 2006 NBA Championship? Was tonight a sneek peek at what will happen in the playoffs? Or just a bump in the road?
be Honest.

Probably. The Spurs tend to lose one game each series like this.

Tek_XX
03-26-2006, 11:50 PM
Yeah i know it's a forgone conclusion that they won't win but what the heck let's play the games

FreshPrince22
03-26-2006, 11:51 PM
No team in NBA history has won every game in the regular season or every game in the playoffs. Even the best teams of all time have had bad games.

SequSpur
03-26-2006, 11:51 PM
be Honest.

They still look better than the Mavs and Suns.

They might have difficulty with Denver, but other than that, it's going to be a cakewalk.

1Parker1
03-26-2006, 11:52 PM
be Honest.

What do you think? They just lost to the freakin Sonics. Then again, Pistons lost to the Nets, Mavs to GS....no top team has been looking especially dominant lately.

Leetonidas
03-26-2006, 11:52 PM
They look like Champs to me. Why the fuck do you guys jump off the bandwagon after a loss? You don't see the Pistons fans crying and bitching about how they don't deserve HCA, the Spurs are going to own them, and how Ben is Shaq's bitch. STFU already.

Yeah the Spurs played bad, but it's not the end of the world. Sometimes I wish mouse was still a Spurs fan, along with most of the Piston fans. At least they don't jump ship every fucking time. Spurs fans are fucking spoiled.

Amuseddaysleeper
03-26-2006, 11:53 PM
They look like Champs to me. Why the fuck do you guys jump off the bandwagon after a loss? You don't see the Pistons fans crying and bitching about how they don't deserve HCA, the Spurs are going to own them, and how Ben is Shaq's bitch. STFU already.

Yeah the Spurs played bad, but it's not the end of the world. Sometimes I wish mouse was still a Spurs fan, along with most of the Piston fans. At least they don't jump ship every fucking time. Spurs fans are fucking spoiled.

good post

mouse
03-26-2006, 11:55 PM
Well being a Dallas Maverick fan I have no say in this matter.
But If that was the Dallas Mavericks playing the Sonics ? I would be worried a bit.
Maybe coach Pop and the team don't want it as bad as they used to, Could the Spurs be happy with the rings they have? I'm sorry but, that did not look like the 2006 NBA champions tonight,

leemajors
03-26-2006, 11:56 PM
that's because the 2006 champions are crowned in june.

ChumpDumper
03-26-2006, 11:56 PM
Well being a Dallas Maverick fan I have no say in this matter.Then don't say anything -- unless it's about the Mavs losing to GS.

Tek_XX
03-26-2006, 11:57 PM

Why are we judging Pistons fans on the few that are on this board. I'm willing to go on a lim and say Detroit have physco retarded fans just like we do.

Tejano War Veteran
I'm just glad that there's no back to back games in the playoffs. But the spurs definitely gotta start winning the close games. Maybe they should watch some march madness and see how those kids finish off the close games.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
They should look like Champs because they still are the Champs....

Much like Pistons fans, most sane Spurs fans are looking at improving in certain areas rather than Ws and Ls....

03-26-2006, 11:58 PM
Why are we judging Pistons fans on the few that are on this board. I'm willing to go on a lim and say Detroit have physco retarded fans just like we do.

Which is why I have never posted on a Pistons board...

Budkin
03-26-2006, 11:58 PM
Tonight they did not but the playoffs are another animal entirely. The Spurs are bound to have off games like tonight, even in the playoffs (remember game one against denver or game four against seattle), but despite the loss I see the team really starting to come together, and the big three really starting to play well.

Tek_XX
03-26-2006, 11:59 PM
But If that was the Dallas Mavericks playing the Sonics ? I would be worried a bit.
Maybe coach Pop and the team don't want it as bad as they used to, Could the Spurs be happy with the rings they have? I'm sorry but, that did not look like the 2006 NBA champions tonight,

Oh man i thought this was the championship game. Are you telling me Seattle wasn't in the finals.

Leetonidas
03-26-2006, 11:59 PM

I was talking about the Piston fans on this board. None of them sit there and whine and cry.

When you bleed Silver and Black, you support your team and don't give up and act like a bitch over a loss. A lot of you here need to go get a lesson in team pride. The Spurs win over Dallas and they're the best team ever, and then lose to Seattle and they're the worst team and there's no way they're winning in the Finals.

The champs are crowned in June, and right now it's March. Sit on your thumbs and shut the hell up. When The Spurs repeat, I wouldn't be surprised to see a thread about how Detroit/Miami blew it and the Spurs got lucky or how Pop still sucks or how BLAH BLAH FUCKING BLAH.

Leetonidas
03-27-2006, 12:00 AM
I'm just glad that there's no back to back games in the playoffs. But the spurs definitely gotta start winning the close games. Maybe they should watch some march madness and see how those kids finish off the close games.

I think the Spurs have the best record in games decided by 6 points or less.

mouse
03-27-2006, 12:00 AM
Not to sound like I took a hit of Prozac and a puff from my bong but, Sometimes going into the playoffs with a few bad games will get the team motivated, If I was a Spurs fan I would sit back and just be happy no one is really hurt, and get ready for round one. But I would also be upset watching Tim Duncan and other MVP players on the court in the 4th quarter with 4 minutes left when the game really does not mean much. I can see why Spur fans get upset, Coach Pop has to be the most Predictable unpredictable coach's in the NBA

Kori Ellis
03-27-2006, 12:01 AM

That's close to what I said on the Round Table video today. The Spurs aren't playing great or in Championship form. But neither is anyone else. They are still my favorite to win the title.

Tek_XX
03-27-2006, 12:02 AM
Not to sound like I took a hit of Prozac and a puff from my bong but, Sometimes going into the playoffs with a few bad games will get the team motivated, If I was a Spurs fan I would sit back and just be happy no one is really hurt, and get ready for round one. But I would also be upset watching Tim Duncan and other MVP players on the court in the 4th quarter with 4 minutes left when the game really does not mean much. I can see why Spur fans get upset, Coach Pop has to be the most Predictable unpredictable coach's in the NBA

But you're a mavericks fan so enjoy your first round win.

Trainwreck2100
03-27-2006, 12:03 AM
Which is why I have never posted on a Pistons board...

So how did you find out about this place?

03-27-2006, 12:05 AM
I think I Googled it during the Heat series. The basketball IQ was/is relatively high so I stayed...

Budkin

^ Rack mouse for actually consoling Spurs fans after a tough loss. What is going on? :lol

aaronstampler
All the top teams have issues at this point.

We have rebounding and FT shooting and Tim and Manu's injuries,

Detroit is really struggling on offense and can't even win games by more than a few points when they do win

and Dallas and Phoenix have major defensive issues and some minor injures...

Leetonidas
03-27-2006, 12:06 AM
^ Rack mouse for actually consoling Spurs fans after a tough loss. What is going on? :lol

Mouse is probably annoyed with the way people act after a loss. He's actually a lot smarter than people give him credit for, and I admit he is a loyal fan to his team, unlike a lot of people here.

CubanMustGo
03-27-2006, 12:10 AM
All the top teams have issues at this point.

We have rebounding and FT shooting and Tim and Manu's injuries,

Detroit is really struggling on offense and can't even win games by more than a few points when they do win

and Dallas and Phoenix have major defensive issues and some minor injures...

Ironically we did a really good job at the line tonight ... and still lost. Seattle went berzerk from beyond the arc. Some of that was poor defense, some of that was blind luck. A shame we wasted a pretty amazing comeback in the last 2:30. Horry made the play that could have virtually clinched it, but then shit happened.

But I would agree that nobody really looks like champs right now. Going to be watching Phoenix very intently now that Amare is back in the fold.

mouse
03-27-2006, 12:36 AM
But you're a mavericks fan so enjoy your first round win.

I will enjoy April the 7th that's for dam sure. The only question I have before this topic hits page two is.....why is it when the Spurs lose to the Dallas Mavericks or the Pistons? all I read is how it's just a regular season game and count the rings yoda yoda yoda , but when the Spurs lose to cheesy teams like the Sonics this place is on Kool-Aid alert and seems to come unglued. Is there a reason for that?
Thanks

Amuseddaysleeper
03-27-2006, 12:39 AM
I will enjoy April the 7th that's for dam sure. The only question I have before this topic hits page two is.....why is it when the Spurs lose to the Dallas Mavericks or the Pistons? all I read is how it's just a regular season game and count the rings yoda yoda yoda , but when the Spurs lose to cheesy teams like the Sonics this place is on Kool-Aid alert and seems to come unglued. Is there a reason for that?
Thanks

fear??

:lol

spurs=bling
03-27-2006, 12:41 AM

Balla, i've NEVER jumped off. i've been cheering for the Spurs through their good and bad times. sure sometimes i act spoiled because the Spurs have given us some good times. so we have a right to act up sometimes and so do Pistions fans. but Mavs fans have nothing..why they act spoiled sometimes i don't know.

Budkin
03-27-2006, 12:42 AM
fear??

Frustration.

Amuseddaysleeper
03-27-2006, 12:44 AM
Frustration.

exactly

see: every thread made tonight

polandprzem
03-27-2006, 12:46 AM
I didn't mind the Denver loss. But this one pissed me off. Esp. when you put the money on Manu and Timmy is the leading scorer (insane).

The worst thing is that they lost at the end of the game. Allen killed them and where was Timmy (I haven't seen the game - I was just recaping it).

Now we are playing Clips and Lakers and I'm not even sure if the spurs can win them. :cuss Man - I was sure they would win those March road games at the end. They didn't :( And Nazr do not look like a starting center.

Tampon
03-27-2006, 02:39 AM
looks like many could use me tonight!

mavsfan1000
03-27-2006, 02:47 AM
looks like many could use me tonight!

polandprzem
03-27-2006, 02:52 AM
wtf?

Penetration blocker?

nkdlunch
03-27-2006, 09:56 AM
Then again, Pistons lost to the Nets, Mavs to GS....no top team has been looking especially dominant lately.

bingo. we've got as much chance as anyone right now. but we have experience + champion pride on our side. So we still the favorites.

Hook Dem
03-27-2006, 10:22 AM
Looked kinda similar to the Mavs-Warriors game! Thats why they play the games! It can happen to anyone. Look at the Pistons! Nothing can be concluded!

sanman53
03-27-2006, 10:50 AM
I am still upset about the loss last night, but the fact remains, we are still 2nd in the league, and we are not playing our best ball. So should we be worried or the rest of the league?

SAGambler
03-27-2006, 12:14 PM

Ain't it the truth. What's happening to all the top teams? Have they just kind of put it on cruise control knowing they are in the playoffs?

I was totally amazed at the lack of effort of the Pistons starters last night. If their bench had not of played way above par, that would have been a blowout for the Nets.

Spurs losing games they should win, Dallas doing the same. Detroit looking more and more like maybe the first half of the season was some sort of fluke. Does no one want HCA? Are theses guys just pretty much worn out at this point from the grind of the season? Or are they playing "soft" hoping to avoid injuries prior to the playoffs starting?

Sure wish I knew the answer.

Suns Fan
03-28-2006, 01:37 AM
The Spurs have never looked like champs. Why else would all the media not mention them every year? The Spurs could win 10 rings and Kobe and Shaq will always make the news. I do know one thing, I think all the Spur fans who made fun of Amare being hurt are now feeling the karma

itzsoweezee
03-28-2006, 03:04 AM

cosign. nothing but whiners on this site

mugatu
03-28-2006, 03:06 AM
It doesn't matter if the Spurs,Pistons,Mavs or Suns look like champs.
They still need to go through Shaq Daddy! to get a ring, and it just won't happen this season.

polandprzem
03-28-2006, 03:15 AM
Shaq's Daddy?

You ment Ed Harrison yes?

zeleni
03-28-2006, 06:57 AM
It's all Rasho's fault. Our starting center NEVER rebounds good enough.

Be-head Rasho!

Am I rushing things?

Not at all.

UtownSpur
03-28-2006, 08:13 AM
The Spurs arent playing championship ball right now..but they dont need to be peaking in late march. They need to be peaking in the playoffs and into the finals.

SpurYank
03-28-2006, 08:55 AM
Let's see. At 54/16, we have 12 games left. My prediction (I'm entitled to predict because I'm probably the oldest Spurs fan: circa 1972 and former 4-ticket season ticket holder-from Austin) was 60/22 (at least I told myself this and was quite comfortable with it). I'm adjusting it to 63/19, since we've had such a great year. I predict we'll lose 3 more games. Still, we'll have the best record in the West and face the Lakers in the first series.

Easy pickens. Will win it five.

Yep, the Spurs are still the best looking team of all. With the bench-potential we have, no one comes even close to us.

Sportman
03-28-2006, 10:05 AM
Well i must obviosuly say this team is a serious candidate because of their players, but i dont know if spurs are having a great season. Yes of course they have great numbers, nevertheless; i think this year spurs has not been playing so consistently as previous years. For example if we look at pistons their five starters have been playing great basketball while spurs has maybe had one player who has played regularly, TONY. Manu and Tim have been struggling with injuries, and Maybe NOW we know who should be the center, NAZR, but that`s not still something sure. So if you ask me, i think this is not a year for spurs, i see and i feel pistons are better and they have more confidence in their play.

Vingianx
03-28-2006, 10:10 AM

Good point, i didn't really feel disappointed with that Sonics loss

CubanMustGo
03-28-2006, 10:17 AM
i think this year spurs has not been playing so consistently as previous years. For example if we look at pistons their five starters have been playing great basketball while spurs has maybe had one player who has played regularly [...] So if you ask me, i think this is not a year for spurs, i see and i feel pistons are better and they have more confidence in their play.

Umm, in case you haven't noticed the Pistons have also been struggling recently even with their apparently bulletproof lineup ... 8-5 in March with losses to Denver, Lakers, Wizards, Knicks, Nets.

Wed 1 @ Denver L 87 - 98 47-10
Fri 3 @ Seattle W 98 - 96 48-10
Sat 4 @ L.A. Lakers L 94 - 105 48-11
Wed 8 Chicago W 106 - 101 49-11
Sat 11 @ Washington L 92 - 110 49-12
Sun 12 Charlotte W 94 - 78 50-12
Wed 15 @ Toronto W 105 - 98 51-12
Fri 17 @ New York L 103 - 105 51-13
Sat 18 @ Charlotte W 108 - 103 52-13
Mon 20 Atlanta W 91 - 84 53-13
Wed 22 Miami W 82 - 73 54-13
Fri 24 @ Indiana W 75 - 72 55-13
Sun 26 New Jersey L 74 - 79 55-14

Spurs, for their inconsistency and injury issues, are 10-4 during the same time span with losses to Clips, Lakers, Nuggets, and Sonics.

Not saying Spurs are gonna win it all (though I am certainly hoping), just pointing out that even without having to deal with injuries the Pistons have not impressed this month.

Jimcs50
03-28-2006, 11:10 AM
be Honest.

No, not at this moment.

Ed Helicopter Jones
03-28-2006, 04:03 PM
The Lakers 2nd and 3rd b2b2b championship teams didn't look all that great during the regular season either. The Rockets b2b team of the 90's won what, 47 games before the playoffs?

This team has the personnel to win it. We'll just have to see how much they want it once the real season gets underway.

cheguevara
03-28-2006, 04:08 PM
No, not at this moment.

neither does Dallas or Detroit at this moment

Mog
03-28-2006, 09:28 PM
No, not at this moment.

Will you know after tonight?

Pokey
03-29-2006, 01:10 AM
I think they do!

polandprzem
03-29-2006, 01:12 AM
One win and already wooohoooo?

Smackie Chan
03-29-2006, 03:01 AM
One win and already wooohoooo?

one loss and it's BoooHoooo! so why not? :smokin

polandprzem
03-29-2006, 03:54 AM
one loss and it's BoooHoooo! so why not? :smokin

Because of the crtitics on the boohoo's

(You do the same)

Slo spurs fan
03-29-2006, 07:49 AM
Yes.

Dunc
03-29-2006, 09:05 AM

Once again, yes there are rare b2b games in the playoffs. And I don't think you want to finish games like the college teams. Those games usually come down to the last team to make a mistake, ya know?

theroc5
03-29-2006, 01:23 PM
we go through the same questions every year, do the spurs look like champs? well lets look at last season, we looked horrible. so many had the question, can we win the ship with duncan not at 100 percent. well we did. we seem to shape up in the last games of the season and the first round of the playoffs. and our team isnt tired when they reach may/june beacuse pop is smart and plays our spurs for 35 min agame. while the pistons play 43 min agame.
what i am trying to say is that we still are the champs, we will be so intill we loose 4 games in a series in the playoffs and if history repeats it self we will have that winning mentality and our swagger very soon. manu and tim are shapen up great and its all comming together.