PDA

View Full Version : My Pop-Manu theory

aaronstampler
03-27-2006, 12:01 AM
Pop is on purpose not give the ball to Manu in the 4th quarters, or late in shot clocks at the top of the key for a reason.

1) He doesn't want him to get hurt but mainly

2) He wants teams in the playoffs to have the least possible experience/film on how to stop that as possible.

It's gonna be like our secret weapon in the playoffs, Manu running the 1-4 in the 4th quarter, like last year.

Or maybe the secret weapon will be our rebounding... :lol

Budkin
03-27-2006, 12:02 AM
Hope so, sounds like it could be a CIA Pop plan.

Aggie Hoopsfan
03-27-2006, 12:03 AM
Unfortunately Pop isn't that creative. It generally has to do with the fact Pop follows Tim around with his lips firmly planted on Duncan's ass, and everything else is secondary.

Amuseddaysleeper
03-27-2006, 12:03 AM
Hope so, sounds like it could be a CIA Pop plan.

if CIA stands for "idiot" then yes

Kori Ellis
03-27-2006, 12:04 AM
Unfortunately Pop isn't that creative. It generally has to do with the fact Pop follows Tim around with his lips firmly planted on Duncan's ass, and everything else is secondary.

And the fact that Duncan was having a good game and Manu was probably the 1a option on that play.

Obstructed_View
03-27-2006, 12:06 AM
...waiting for Aggie and Amused to become Mavericks fans...

aaronstampler
03-27-2006, 12:07 AM
Manu should have gotten it at the top of the key Kori. It's pretty sorry that we can let Ray Allen get the ball at the end of the game but Tim or Manu don't get it for us...

Amuseddaysleeper
03-27-2006, 12:08 AM
...waiting for Aggie and Amused to become Mavericks fans...

NOT gonna happen

like Kori says, everything will be back to normal tommorow

i just need to vent

I'll be fine

I think

Aggie Hoopsfan
03-27-2006, 12:12 AM
waiting for Aggie and Amused to become Mavericks fans...

Waiting for dipshit homers to recognize that just because we don't toe to the party line it doesn't mean we're quitting on our team. Fucking A. I hate homers like you.

Shut down the damn forum then if you don't want any discussion. We just lost to one of the pussiest teams in the league that is led by Vagina Allen and Bob Hill. I guess we should be happy about that.

boutons_
03-27-2006, 12:14 AM
Tim was waiting for, wanting the ball in the low block on the inbounds pass, which was probably a mistake since the Sonics knew he was the main option with Manu inbouding.

So many stupid mistakes to give away what would have been a great comeback W.

1 - 2 on the road trip, with 2 more tough games against playoff teams.

Obstructed_View
03-27-2006, 12:23 AM
Waiting for dipshit homers to recognize that just because we don't toe to the party line it doesn't mean we're quitting on our team. Fucking A. I hate homers like you.

Shut down the damn forum then if you don't want any discussion. We just lost to one of the pussiest teams in the league that is led by Vagina Allen and Bob Hill. I guess we should be happy about that.
First of all, since you seem to have NO sense of humor whatsoever, let me preface this post by letting you know that it is written tongue in cheek.

So you are allowed to throw a fucking hissy fit, but nobody is allowed to rib you about it? Seriously, the Spurs have lost sixteen games, and are still in the running for best record, and are probably heavy favorites to win another title.

"I hate homers like you." What are you? 6? Well, oh yeah? I hate crying little spoiled pussies like you that don't appreciate a good team when you've got it and tie your fucking identity into individual wins and losses. Are you like those guys that beat up their wives when their team loses? Seriously. There are like 30 cities that would give almost anything to have the success your team has had, and you unload on them because they lost a fucking game?

You certainly don't have to be happy about it, but you actually sound like you dislike Duncan and Pop after a loss. That's weak. At least Amused can laugh about it. Besides, if you are going to whine like a little girl with pigtails on a public board, be prepared to get shit over it.

CubanMustGo
03-27-2006, 12:28 AM
:tu View!

Aggie Hoopsfan
03-27-2006, 12:34 AM
Seriously, the Spurs have lost sixteen games, and are still in the running for best record,

Losing games to pansy teams like Seattle isn't going to get us to the best record.

and are probably heavy favorites to win another title.

Seen Detroit play?

Look, I'll clue you in. You're relatively new here. I care about one thing - rings. Everything else is irrelevant. This team struggles on the road, but is awesome at home.

I really, truly in my heart believe that the Finals will come down to a game 7 again. And I like our chances a hell of a lot more at the SBC than at the Palace. This team has shown a propensity to roll over and shrivel into the fetal position in situations like the one we'd face in a game 7 at the Palace.

And sooner or later you can't count on Rober Horry to bail you out.

Like I said, the ring is the thing. Everything else is secondary. I guess the most frustrating fact about tonight is I saw Pop's trademark stubborness coming out and it cost us a loss.

He refused to tweak his defensive game plan even when it wasn't working. They got what they wanted every time we switched the pick and roll, and it showed in their confidence at the offensive end.

Further, all the switching totally trashed our help defense, and Seattle roamed the offensive glass in the second half. That's not Spurs defense.

And finally, we have the overreliance on Tim Duncan at the end of games. I swear if the league would let him do it that Pop would just run two players out there at the end of the game when we need a bucket - Tim and someone to pass him in the ball.

We have one of the most creative players in the league, a guy who can get to the bucket at will and is one of our best free throw shooters in Manu. And he's constantly reduced to being the fucking inbounds man or stuck on the weakside while we are subjected to watching Tim try and pull something out of his ass at the end of games when the other team knows where the ball is going and gears for it.

We've lost probably five times as many games at the end with the ball in Duncan's hands as we've won, and yet people still seem bemused when we force it to Duncan and shit like tonight happens.

Yet the moment you suggest an alternative you get all the "Duncan is the greatest in the game, he's our best player" shit thrown back in your face.

Well BFD. Jordan was the greatest to ever play the game, and I seem to recall him letting a few other guys (BJ Armstrong and Steve Kerr, among others) help him win all his rings.

So yeah, it pisses me off when homers like yourself act like the moment someone questions the wisdom of forcing it to Duncan for the 38,238th time they are ready to go be a Mavs fan.

And your original post wasn't made with any sarcasm, all I saw was you running around on 2-3 threads calling out anyone who said anything bad about the team tonight.

Like I said, the rings are the thing. And if Pop is going to be as fucking stubborn in the playoffs as he was tonight, I don't even think we'll make it out of the west. And yeah, that sure as hell pisses me off.

Aggie Hoopsfan
03-27-2006, 12:35 AM
but you actually sound like you dislike Duncan and Pop after a loss.

I dislike our stubborness and the apparent worldview of Popovich that he only has one player he needs to think about getting the ball to at the end of the game. Great defensive coach, sucks hind tit at the other end.

Amuseddaysleeper
03-27-2006, 01:50 AM
Losing games to pansy teams like Seattle isn't going to get us to the best record.

Seen Detroit play?

Look, I'll clue you in. You're relatively new here. I care about one thing - rings. Everything else is irrelevant. This team struggles on the road, but is awesome at home.

I really, truly in my heart believe that the Finals will come down to a game 7 again. And I like our chances a hell of a lot more at the SBC than at the Palace. This team has shown a propensity to roll over and shrivel into the fetal position in situations like the one we'd face in a game 7 at the Palace.

Like I said, the ring is the thing. Everything else is secondary. I guess the most frustrating fact about tonight is I saw Pop's trademark stubborness coming out and it cost us a loss.

He refused to tweak his defensive game plan even when it wasn't working. They got what they wanted every time we switched the pick and roll, and it showed in their confidence at the offensive end.

Further, all the switching totally trashed our help defense, and Seattle roamed the offensive glass in the second half. That's not Spurs defense.

And finally, we have the overreliance on Tim Duncan at the end of games. I swear if the league would let him do it that Pop would just run two players out there at the end of the game when we need a bucket - Tim and someone to pass him in the ball.

We have one of the most creative players in the league, a guy who can get to the bucket at will and is one of our best free throw shooters in Manu. And he's constantly reduced to being the fucking inbounds man or stuck on the weakside while we are subjected to watching Tim try and pull something out of his ass at the end of games when the other team knows where the ball is going and gears for it.

We've lost probably five times as many games at the end with the ball in Duncan's hands as we've won, and yet people still seem bemused when we force it to Duncan and shit like tonight happens.

Yet the moment you suggest an alternative you get all the "Duncan is the greatest in the game, he's our best player" shit thrown back in your face.

Well BFD. Jordan was the greatest to ever play the game, and I seem to recall him letting a few other guys (BJ Armstrong and Steve Kerr, among others) help him win all his rings.

So yeah, it pisses me off when homers like yourself act like the moment someone questions the wisdom of forcing it to Duncan for the 38,238th time they are ready to go be a Mavs fan.

And your original post wasn't made with any sarcasm, all I saw was you running around on 2-3 threads calling out anyone who said anything bad about the team tonight.

Like I said, the rings are the thing. And if Pop is going to be as fucking stubborn in the playoffs as he was tonight, I don't even think we'll make it out of the west. And yeah, that sure as hell pisses me off.

Bottom Line: Anything less than a championship is a complete failure. a team with this roster shouldn' have to settle for second place

Trifecta
03-27-2006, 02:23 AM

Seen Detroit play?

:tu Agree

Besides we need to put as much pressure on the defense as possible by showing different options on the court -- i.e. MANU at the top of the key where he could 1) pull up and shoot or, 2) penetrate and shoot, or 3) penetrate and dish. After all it was MANU who brougt the Spurs back late in the game.

Pops basically told Seattle where he was going for the win and the refs are not going to bail anyone out as has been proven throughout the late stages of this game.

Its just frustrating to fight back just to make boneheaded plays to gift-wrap the game for Seattle.

SpursWillOwn
03-27-2006, 02:50 AM

Seen Detroit play?

Stfu u think u're a better coach? Try getting our 3 championship rings.. If you cant jus drink some beer and go to sleep after watching the fuckin game.

Aggie Hoopsfan
03-27-2006, 09:18 AM
Stfu u think u're a better coach? Try getting our 3 championship rings.

Fine, shut down the forum then. You don't like discussion? Don't post here rookie.

Sportman
03-27-2006, 09:24 AM
Spurs has been wasting a lot of chances to reach detroit in the top 1. They lost yesterday and it could be a good chance, i think that if pop has a plan, this is the time he says his guys this is the moment for winning matchs

Sec24Row7
03-27-2006, 09:30 AM
You sir, are a moron.

Allen hit a contested 3 at the end of the game after we made a huge comeback.

Big fucking deal.

Tim and Manu look great, better than they have togeather all season.

Count your blessings.

Quitcherbitchin and grow some balls.

At least most of the Sky is falling people around here go away for a day or two after a loss because they don't want to think about it.

You think maybe you could do that?

SAGambler
03-27-2006, 11:23 AM
Remember, the most dangerous man, with a chance to win it at the end, is the man throwing the ball in.

I suspect the play was meant to go to Duncan and back to Manu to take the final shot or drive to the bucket for a foul.

As for Horry not calling time. I suspect he was thinking with 13 seconds left the guy would foul him. In fact, I would have thought the second the guys hands touched him, the ref would have whistled it. At that moment a foul was what the Sonics needed.

Sure, to be on the safe side, Robert should have called for time as he was heading OB.

Yes, we should have won that game. No, we didn't. I don't think it's the end of the world though. It may eventually have cost us HCA in the finals, but even that race isn't totally decided yet.

NCaliSpurs
03-27-2006, 11:39 AM
Actually, this team reminded me of the Spurs of years past, with a fiery 4th quarter defensive effort that saw the Sonics cough up a 7 point lead with 2 minutes to go.

If not for Horry falling out of bounds (he should have tried to stay up or throw the ball down court), then we would have walked away with a victory. Instead, it took a very bad series of breaks for us to lose it - Ray Allen's contested shot, the bad entry pass to Duncan, and the unlucky missed free-throw rebound.

Seriously, the team did well. We are going to lose games. The playoffs are near. Sit back and relax.

leemajors
03-27-2006, 11:46 AM
Remember, the most dangerous man, with a chance to win it at the end, is the man throwing the ball in.

that's why i thought horry should have been inbounding to gnob, at least that way they are worried about horry and gnob more and maybe duncan could have slipped to the basket.

Jimcs50
03-27-2006, 11:57 AM
If Horry would have called a timeout, instead of trying to draw a foul on the force out, and win the game himself at the FT line, we would have won. Stupid rookie mistake by a veteran player.

polandprzem
03-27-2006, 12:01 PM
Where is TPark?

TDfan2007
03-27-2006, 01:00 PM

Seen Detroit play?

Time to clue you in. Tim has hit 8 game winners in the past 4 seasons which would make him pretty clutch in my book. On top of his proven ability to come up big in the clutch Tim also was our best player last night. Why wouldn't Pop give the ball to the player with the hot hand?

As I read this thread I was amazed to see that nobody pointed out the fact that Manu didn't make the right pass for the situation. Instead of throwing it directly to Tim's chest, he threw it out towards Tim's hand which made the pass an easy pick.

boutons_
03-27-2006, 01:07 PM
yes, Manu's pass to Tim needed to be a zinger, like his one to Tim to eliminate the Sonics last playoffs. Just one more mental mistake in a long list last night.

NCaliSpurs
03-27-2006, 02:58 PM
As I read this thread I was amazed to see that nobody pointed out the fact that Manu didn't make the right pass for the situation. Instead of throwing it directly to Tim's chest, he threw it out towards Tim's hand which made the pass an easy pick.

I called it.

Instead, it took a very bad series of breaks for us to lose it - Ray Allen's contested shot, the bad entry pass to Duncan, and the unlucky missed free-throw rebound.

:smokin

Rick Von Braun
03-27-2006, 03:39 PM
yes, Manu's pass to Tim needed to be a zinger, like his one to Tim to eliminate the Sonics last playoffs. Just one more mental mistake in a long list last night. That was no mental mistake... there was no direct line of sight or path between Tim Duncan and Manu to throw a pass you suggest. The small lob pass was the only chance to avoid Watson's quick hands bothering the entry passer. Sorry, but the ball was clearly within reach of Duncan, who was outmanuvered by a younger and faster Petros. Duncan failed to seal off his man.

The critical error in the game was Horry's... call a timeout and the game is over. That was a very stupid mistake and cost the Spurs the game.

MoSpur
03-27-2006, 03:50 PM
All I have to say is that most teams if not all teams know the last shot is going to go to Tim Duncan. I don't think it should always go to Tim and sometimes the play isn't designed for Tim. Yesterday, in my opinion, it should have gone to someone else.

Obstructed_View
03-27-2006, 05:31 PM
All I have to say is that most teams if not all teams know the last shot is going to go to Tim Duncan. I don't think it should always go to Tim and sometimes the play isn't designed for Tim. Yesterday, in my opinion, it should have gone to someone else.
The thing is, it doesn't always go to Duncan, but when you are playing a team with nobody that can guard him, that's not the stupid call that many here seem to think it is. If Duncan had scored three points in the game, you might be able to make that argument. Duncan was having a pretty good night. Give him the ball. It's also funny that those here that claim to have so much more experience than the rest of us can't seem to fathom the idea of a bad team loss when so many mistakes are made. Instead it has to fall on one or two people.

smeagol
03-27-2006, 05:40 PM
With Manu inbounding, the Sonics were expecting Duncan to get the ball and they swarmed all over him like flies.

IMO, Manu should not have been inbounding.

leemajors
03-27-2006, 05:56 PM
The thing is, it doesn't always go to Duncan, but when you are playing a team with nobody that can guard him, that's not the stupid call that many here seem to think it is. If Duncan had scored three points in the game, you might be able to make that argument. Duncan was having a pretty good night. Give him the ball. It's also funny that those here that claim to have so much more experience than the rest of us can't seem to fathom the idea of a bad team loss when so many mistakes are made. Instead it has to fall on one or two people.

duncan getting the ball is fine. duncan getting the first touch is predictable. it would most likely be easier for duncan to score if he got the second touch.

ALVAREZ6
03-27-2006, 06:23 PM
Everyone in the league already knows how Manu plays, which is another reason why this season has been tougher.

Last year was his first year as a starter and not many teams knew too much about him yet, and so they didn't know what to expect, which is why he torched a lot of teams. But now, they all know his style and how much he likes to drive left, so he's been settling more for 3's.

Manu's style is no secret anymore.

TDfan2007
03-27-2006, 07:29 PM
Everyone in the league already knows how Manu plays, which is another reason why this season has been tougher.

Last year was his first year as a starter and not many teams knew too much about him yet, and so they didn't know what to expect, which is why he torched a lot of teams. But now, they all know his style and how much he likes to drive left, so he's been settling more for 3's.

Manu's style is no secret anymore.

Exactly!

I don't understand why so many poster here (AHF in particular) seem to think that Tim can't do shit in crunch time and that Manu is the God of clutch basketball? Tim has hit 8 game winners in the last 3 1/2 seasons, Manu hasn't hit a single one. On top of that, Tim had the hot hand tonight and none of Seattle's bigs could gaurd him. That made Pop's decision a pretty obvious one.

Aggie Hoopsfan
03-27-2006, 07:31 PM
Time to clue you in. Tim has hit 8 game winners in the past 4 seasons which would make him pretty clutch in my book.

Bullshit. Name them.

On top of his proven ability to come up big in the clutch Tim also was our best player last night. Why wouldn't Pop give the ball to the player with the hot hand?

Tim was our best player the first three quarters. This is about the fourth quarter. Time to clue you in. With Tim in there we were staring at the wrong end of a 9 point deficit with three minutes to play.

Then Manu came in and helped us erase that lead AND give us a lead in the span of two minutes. The hottest hand at the end was Manu.

As I read your post I'm amazed that you think Manu has the ability to throw a chest pass to Tim when he has a Seattle defender directly in the passing lane between him and Tim.

Quit kissing Tim's ass so damn much and recognize we have other guys on this team who can make a play too.

Aggie Hoopsfan
03-27-2006, 07:32 PM
Tim has hit 8 game winners in the last 3 1/2 seasons, Manu hasn't hit a single one.

:lmao I thought you were just clueless, but then I realized whose name is in your handle. :lol

TDfan2007
03-27-2006, 08:15 PM
Bullshit. Name them.

Tim was our best player the first three quarters. This is about the fourth quarter. Time to clue you in. With Tim in there we were staring at the wrong end of a 9 point deficit with three minutes to play.

Then Manu came in and helped us erase that lead AND give us a lead in the span of two minutes. The hottest hand at the end was Manu.

As I read your post I'm amazed that you think Manu has the ability to throw a chest pass to Tim when he has a Seattle defender directly in the passing lane between him and Tim.

Quit kissing Tim's ass so damn much and recognize we have other guys on this team who can make a play too.

02-03: Nov. 4th 2002 @ Memphis - hit turnaround over Gasol at the Buzzer in OT
Dec. 23rd 2002 @ New Orleans - hit 3 as shot clock expires with about 30 seconds left
Jan. 24th 2003 @ Utah - hit turnaround over Karl Malone at the buzzer
Jan. 31st 2003 @ Orlando - hit short bank shot with 4 seconds left
03-04: Jan. 10th 2004 vs. Indiana - hit jump hook with about 30 seconds left
04-05: Feb. 28th 2005 @ Cleveland - hit jumper at the buzzer
May 19th 2005 @ Seattle - hit short bank shot with 0.5 seconds left
05-06: Jan. 14th 2006 vs. Memphis - hits short alleyoop layup off a nifty feed from Manu with 8 seconds left

Here's what David said after Tim's game winner against Orlando: "During our run to the championship he finished just about every game. I've come to expect that from him. He seems to deliver just about every time."

If Tim had a night like the one he had against portland I wouldn't want him taking the shot with the game on the line, but he had the hot hand tonight. You on the other hand seem to think that Manu's the only one who can do shit in the clutch.

Winnipeg_Spur
03-27-2006, 08:31 PM
Jan. 24th 2003 @ Utah - hit turnaround over Karl Malone at the buzzer

That's one of my favourite Duncan shots of all time. Loved the little shimmy he gave the crowd at the end. :lol

gospursgojas
03-27-2006, 08:52 PM
Pop is on purpose not give the ball to Manu in the 4th quarters, or late in shot clocks at the top of the key for a reason.

2) He wants teams in the playoffs to have the least possible experience/film on how to stop that as possible.

It's gonna be like our secret weapon in the playoffs, Manu running the 1-4 in the 4th quarter, like last year.

:tu
sounds very Pop-esque

boutons_
03-27-2006, 10:28 PM
"our secret weapon"

Spurs have no secret weapons. Pop has said there are not secrets between teams. Pop says everybody knows everybody else so well, esp with preparation/concentration for specific opponents in the playoffs.

Playoffs are about desire, execution, health, and sometimes lucky bounces.

Aggie Hoopsfan
03-27-2006, 10:36 PM
Alright TDjocksniffer, now go back and research and give me all of Manu's, as you obviously have way more free time on your hands than I do.

1Parker1
03-27-2006, 10:47 PM
Bullshit. Name them.

Actually, you're both wrong on this one. How about having the guy who had 17 points AND 12 assist run the play?????

I love Manu and I love Tim and I love Pop, but after the season Tony has had, it still doesn't seem like Pop trusts him enough to come through in the clutch and make something happen. He did this in the Philly OT as well I remember.

Solid D
03-27-2006, 10:47 PM

I could not disagree more with the premise of this thread. Pop frequently gives Manu the ball in the 4th this year. He did again last night in Seattle. It was Manu's playmaking that helped put the Spurs on a 9-0 run. Manu's trouble last night was he was in cheap-foul trouble with 5 fouls and had to sit until the last 3 minutes.

It was Manu at the top who set up Horry for 3 during that run. It was Manu at the top who passed it again to Horry who quickly hit Parker in the corner on TP's fake and floater that put the Spurs ahead 102-100.

When Manu inbounded the ball on the last play, Petro grabbed Tim and pulled him to get to the ball. Most of you should know that the inbounder is an immediate scoring option after the entry. See Robert Horry Game 5 NBA Finals shot, when Sheed left the inbounder to double Manu.

ploto
03-27-2006, 10:51 PM
I could not disagree more with the premise of this thread. Pop frequently gives Manu the ball in the 4th this year. He did again last night in Seattle. It was Manu's playmaking that helped put the Spurs on a 9-0 run. Manu's trouble last night was he was in cheap-foul trouble with 5 fouls and had to sit until the last 3 minutes.

It was Manu at the top who set up Horry for 3 during that run. It was Manu at the top who passed it again to Horry who quickly hit Parker in the corner on TP's fake and floater that put the Spurs ahead 102-100.

When Manu inbounded the ball on the last play, Petro grabbed Tim and pulled him to get to the ball. Most of you should know that the inbounder is an immediate scoring option after the entry. See Robert Horry Game 5 NBA Finals shot, when Sheed left the inbounder to double Manu.
The voice of reason.

aaronstampler
03-28-2006, 03:50 AM
My point was that he only does it as a last resort, when he's absolutely desparate. He did it against Denver in the 3rd quarter, and against the Pacers in the 4th quarter.
But if it's a situation where the Spurs are up, we never see it. Last year it was being used to preserve leads and/or put teams away, this year it's when all other options are exhausted.

TOP_MODEL_M
03-28-2006, 04:57 AM
Please move on! Don't give that crap to the team that brought us 3 titles and a lot of great memories.Everybody makes mistakes.It's just a stupid regular season game. Whatever! We had a few pretty bad ones at the end of last season.
If the only way we could beat Detroit is by having HCA and we don't get it then I guess we should assume they deserve it more than we do. I think we can beat them even with games 6&7 @ the Palace.Would be tough as hell but that's what true champioms do.
What we have to worry about are not a couple of losses but our lame rebounding and weak defense we've played recently. Same as the Pistons have to worry about their offense and the way-too-many 3s they're throwing.
Titles are fought for and earned in may and july.Doesn't say anything about mar 26th in the calendar.

Solid D
03-28-2006, 09:21 AM

My point was that he only does it as a last resort, when he's absolutely desparate. He did it against Denver in the 3rd quarter, and against the Pacers in the 4th quarter.
But if it's a situation where the Spurs are up, we never see it. Last year it was being used to preserve leads and/or put teams away, this year it's when all other options are exhausted.

I don't know how Manu could be a secret weapon, but I definitely agree with your injury point. With Tony Parker's ability to run the high screen/roll so well as a triple-threat, dramatically improving year-over-year, Manu hasn't had to be the key playmaker as much.

If Tony is out, things change again.

TDMVPDPOY
03-28-2006, 09:24 AM
all we need is good execution to go as planned when pop writes up the last set-play.

Sportman
03-28-2006, 09:46 AM
I don't know how Manu could be a secret weapon, but I definitely agree with your injury point. With Tony Parker's ability to run the high screen/roll so well as a triple-threat, dramatically improving year-over-year, Manu hasn't had to be the key playmaker as much.

If Tony is out, things change again.

I say, if manu was out this team wouldnt have had that energy for winning many games.

TDMVPDPOY
03-28-2006, 11:52 AM
But i still prefer to have the ball in ginos hand in the last play for the win, but he tends to fumble on the ball at times, next person would be tim duncan down low or screen pick catch and shoot for horry. Got a bad feelin that most teams in teh playoffs will know that the last play will be drawn up for ginoboli, so we need sumone else to take the shot at times. Duncan seems pretty good with kickout at 18ft, and down low.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
03-28-2006, 02:33 PM
Hi everybody, first post.

I think some of these guys are insane, one bad loss and they start to pit the teammates against each other or start blaming one or two players. Close games are the team's fault. It's ridiculous. Especially when you're arguing over the clutchness of two very clutch players. Tim is very clutch and can finish. Horry's got all the playoff experience in the world. Manu has that winning-will, and usually makes 3 key plays for every 1 turnover. It just sucks that the last play was the turnover while Horry was so used to winning these games he thought he'd get the call at the last minute.
Big deal. They lost one measly regular season game. Sometimes it could be a blessing in disguise and helps them account for the same mistakes on a REAL IMPORTANT PLAYOFF game. They've been in that situation with Tim finishing, and they could have very well won it like champions, but they were off that night. Oh well.

Anyway you can't have one guy be your secret weapon. Manu's the X-factor, but teams need 2,3 options to keep from being predictable.(see: Kobe's 5000 missed gamewinners)

I don't think teams will ever figure out Manu's style. He improvises too much. He's smarter than the average player also, so that gives him the advantage. We're very lucky to have him.

If they preen Tony to be the 4th clutch option many more championships are on sight.

zeleni
03-28-2006, 03:18 PM
Hi everybody, first post.

I think some of these guys are insane, one bad loss and they start to pit the teammates against each other or start blaming one or two players. Close games are the team's fault. It's ridiculous. Especially when you're arguing over the clutchness of two very clutch players. Tim is very clutch and can finish. Horry's got all the playoff experience in the world. Manu has that winning-will, and usually makes 3 key plays for every 1 turnover. It just sucks that the last play was the turnover while Horry was so used to winning these games he thought he'd get the call at the last minute.
Big deal. They lost one measly regular season game. Sometimes it could be a blessing in disguise and helps them account for the same mistakes on a REAL IMPORTANT PLAYOFF game. They've been in that situation with Tim finishing, and they could have very well won it like champions, but they were off that night. Oh well.

Anyway you can't have one guy be your secret weapon. Manu's the X-factor, but teams need 2,3 options to keep from being predictable.(see: Kobe's 5000 missed gamewinners)

I don't think teams will ever figure out Manu's style. He improvises too much. He's smarter than the average player also, so that gives him the advantage. We're very lucky to have him.

If they preen Tony to be the 4th clutch option many more championships are on sight.

Rasho in the starting 5!

Manu and Tim were not the ones who get the blame for this, you unpronouncable poster, you! (Look who's talking about the pronouncables ;) )

Nazr should be in the doghouse after that game.

Aggie Hoopsfan
03-28-2006, 04:24 PM
Anyway you can't have one guy be your secret weapon.

Then why does Pop try?

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
03-28-2006, 07:43 PM
Then why does Pop try?

Manu earned a lot of trust in Pop for having the ball in the 4th quarter.

I think Spurs are pulling a sleeper on the league. It was only a matter of time for Tony to elevate his skills, so they had Tim and Manu take it easy. In that one article Manu said he wanted to start playing harder and sure enough he just turned it on like a light switch. Right after game 7 of the FinalsPop probably decided to pull the Manu-Tim sleeper for the 2006 regular season.

timvp
03-28-2006, 07:43 PM
ManuTim_best of Fwiendz

This is right there with Dirkuleez or whatever.

ShoogarBear
03-28-2006, 08:05 PM
This is right there with Dirkuleez or whatever.

Yeah, boy.

Very good posts so far, man. But please rethink the SN. :lol

ChumpDumper
03-28-2006, 08:07 PM
If Pop keeps this up, Manu will be much easier to sign in 2010.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
03-28-2006, 08:30 PM
Yeah, boy.

Very good posts so far, man. But please rethink the SN. :lol
heh. Yeah I just came up with it off the pic in my avatar, had nothing else to think of at the time. So sue me for coming up with a name that makes me look retarded and not really caring.

Oh well. It was a gamble.

ShoogarBear
03-28-2006, 11:50 PM
Even just Fwiendz woulda been okay. Sounds like the name of a kiddie rap group.