PDA

View Full Version : Hardest Loss to Swallow

gospursgojas
03-27-2006, 02:54 PM
Spurs letting a team that has nothing to play for, out play them.

I know we lost twice to Detroit, once to Dallas, once to Phoenix, recently to Denver and also to Atlanta, another nobody team.... but I think this is the hardest loss to take so far this season.

The Spurs should of dominated this team.

What game this season was the hardest for you guys to deal with???

:fro

Vashner
03-27-2006, 03:05 PM
True Spurs fans are conditioned for this. It happens every year. This seperates the men from the boy's so to speak. The ones that start crying first are mentally weak. (total sillyness btw don't take it so seriously).

If you survived the David Robinson fake arm sling let's get Duncan season you can survive anything.

DarkReign
03-27-2006, 03:06 PM
Vashner = the voice of reason?!?!

Twilight zone. Or maybe its just the Political forum.

Vinnie_Johnson
03-27-2006, 03:07 PM
I would think that a road loss is not too hard to swallow it happens.

bdubya
03-27-2006, 03:12 PM

This one. It led to yet another post with the "should of" construction, which literally makes my eyes blister. For the love of God, it's "SHOULD HAVE!!" OK? "SHOULD HAVE!!!!" Come ON, people, would you say "we should of beaten the Sonics, but at least we of beaten the Mavs 2 out of 3"? Would you ask someone "Of you gotten your playoff tickets yet?" GAAAAH!!!! :pctoss

Okay, maybe this is a little off-topic.....sorry. I'm still a little uptight over the NJ debacle.

birdy219
03-27-2006, 03:23 PM
As long as it is not in the PLAYOFFS, every loss is just bitter, but nothing like the HARDEST loss to swallow. Does anyone remember 0.4? :depressed

This loss just sucks. It's not as devastating as those losses to the Fakers.

We'll get them next time. Go Spurs go! :fro

sanman53
03-27-2006, 03:34 PM
I think the preseason loss to Houston Oct 15 was the hardest one for me to take. I could not eat for days after that one.

Seriously, the Atl was most difficult to swallow.

Heat Fan
03-27-2006, 05:31 PM

I know we lost twice to Detroit, once to Dallas, once to Phoenix, recently to Denver and also to Atlanta, another nobody team.... but I think this is the hardest loss to take so far this season.

You can't expect to win every game. The hardest loss for me was that blowout at Dallas and being swept by Denver.

Josh810
03-27-2006, 05:43 PM
This one. It led to yet another post with the "should of" construction, which literally makes my eyes blister. For the love of God, it's "SHOULD HAVE!!" OK? "SHOULD HAVE!!!!" Come ON, people, would you say "we should of beaten the Sonics, but at least we of beaten the Mavs 2 out of 3"? Would you ask someone "Of you gotten your playoff tickets yet?" GAAAAH!!!! :pctoss

Okay, maybe this is a little off-topic.....sorry. I'm still a little uptight over the NJ debacle.
lol that's one of my pet peeves as well.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
03-27-2006, 05:46 PM

Your right...

:drunk

baseline bum
03-27-2006, 05:59 PM
The only regular season loss that was ever hard for me to swallow was that OT win in Sacramento in 2000 when Duncan got hurt and missed the playoffs.

ALVAREZ6
03-27-2006, 06:24 PM
How the fuck did we lose?

slayermin
03-27-2006, 07:32 PM
The only regular season loss that was ever hard for me to swallow was that OT win in Sacramento in 2000 when Duncan got hurt and missed the playoffs.

Word.

The Sonics had plenty to play for. That win made Bob Hill's season. He was probably salivating at the opportunity to put it to Pop. You know Ray Allen was motivated to stick it to Bruce Bowen like he did. And when ever the Spurs roll into town, the Sonic fans want blood. I still thought the Spurs would win by ten or more. But it didn't surprise me that they lost.

There fans aren't exactly the epitome of class. Remember them cheering when TD hurt his ankle last year and then they booed when he was trying to walk off the injury?

Seattle is one of the toughest places to play in the league regardless of their record.

himat
03-27-2006, 07:33 PM
Truly I think you lost because of bowen. If bowen didn't kick allen and only gotten one tech tech that seattle team wouldn't get on fire and win. Bowen pisses me off because he's a dirty bitch I always see him elbow people in the face, and do junk like that and he always gets away with it.

SAGambler
03-27-2006, 07:59 PM
I think probably the hardest to swallow was that loss to Atlanta early on.
But the one last night is right up there, since the Pistons had already lost and we had the chance to move closer to HCA and blew it.

No loss is easy for a Spurs fan, because quite frankly, we think we have the best team in the business. Of course we all know they won't win every game, and will even lose games to teams that should have been a cakewalk. That doesn't make it taste any better going down.

boutons_
03-27-2006, 08:40 PM
"The Sonics had plenty to play for."

Exactly. The Spurs haven't shown much desire. If they play well, and win great.

If the Spurs game is going bad, we won't bother, fuck it, we lose.

(here's where the homers chime in with "WGAF about the season? Lose all 82. Just worry about the playoffs)

Pop has talked about preferring games where the Spurs are tested. But if the Spurs don't want the game enough, the test of the Spurs is not made. A game and test wasted. The Spurs tried last night, at least late in the game, but made too many errors by too many people. Test failed, game given away to a lottery team.

gospursgojas
03-27-2006, 08:49 PM
Nah...Im not worried. I've been posting here for a while, and while not as often as some, those who know me, know that I never give up on the Spurs.

But I also rarely...rarely, get mad over a reg season game, but this one just pissed :wtf me off...

Ahh well we still have 4 more days of the SPAM excuse :spin

SenorSpur
03-27-2006, 08:51 PM
In ranking the toughest losses this season, I've come up with a couple.

This most recent loss to the Sonics is toughest simply because it's the most recent and in part because they are such a terrible, terrible defensive team.

A very close second would be the OT game in Philly earlier this season. Recall that the Sixers took the Spurs to OT only to win the game late on a offensive rebound putback by Andre Iguodala off a missed 3-pointer by Chris Webber. Recall Finley was running down court with him, yet he failed to block out and Andre. In one motion, Andre followed the Weber miss with a putback from inside the lane, with no time left for the win.

A close third is the game earlier this season at Milwaukee, when the Bucks scored on the final play of the game (in OT) off an alley oop to Andrew Bogut. Recall that Duncan fouled out several minutes earlier. Off the inbounds play, Bogut ran a curl and Rasho was standing underneath the rim, but could react fast enough to defend the play. Bogut caught the pass and laid it in the basket in one motion with no time left.

Starting to see a pattern?

gospursgojas
03-27-2006, 08:53 PM
OT game in Philly earlier this season.

Wern't the Spurs also up by 5 with like 20 secs left too...

texbound
03-27-2006, 08:55 PM
(here's where the homers chime in with "WGAF about the season? Lose all 82. Just worry about the playoffs)

No, that's not "homer" talk. That's being realistic. I don't expect the Spurs win the remaining 12 games. I expect them to drop a couple they shouldn't. Except for the 70 win Bulls team, every team does that. Expecting the Spurs to win the rest is being a homer.

SenorSpur
03-27-2006, 09:03 PM
Wern't the Spurs also up by 5 with like 20 secs left too...

Exactly!

ALVAREZ6
03-27-2006, 09:05 PM
A very close second would be the OT game in Philly earlier this season.
I was at that one.....pissed me off.

SequSpur
03-27-2006, 09:11 PM
A regular season game against the no playoff making, Bob Hill coaching, Ray Allen pussy ballin Sonics is a tough game to swallow??????????????????

Try .4.

Get back to me.

ALVAREZ6
03-27-2006, 09:20 PM
A regular season game against the no playoff making, Bob Hill coaching, Ray Allen pussy ballin Sonics is a tough game to swallow??????????????????

Try .4.

Get back to me.
The 0.4 game was the hardest sports game for me to swallow.

In a matter of "0.4" (yes, those are quotes) seconds, the Spurs went from being on track to repeating, to going fishing.

Worst game ever.

SenorSpur
03-27-2006, 10:03 PM
The 0.4 game was the hardest sports game for me to swallow.

In a matter of "0.4" (yes, those are quotes) seconds, the Spurs went from being on track to repeating, to going fishing.

Worst game ever.

Can't argue with that one. You got me.

caŽlo
03-27-2006, 10:58 PM
damn..

after .4

all of this is easy

jmard5
03-28-2006, 12:37 AM
Indeed, "0.4" can be one of the hardest losses to swallow. I saw it on TV with one of my anti-Spurs friend. :cuss But at least the defense and the heart was there. (Still, that game was a freak of nature).

Can't say much about some of those mental lapses from that Seattle game. It was harder to swallow this one considering all the favourable factors and opportunities the Spurs have that time.

Well, anyway. Just a bump on the road.

Hillcrest
03-28-2006, 12:43 AM
Try .4.

Get back to me.

That tops them all...easily.

himat
03-28-2006, 07:02 AM
Game 7. Game 5 sucked, but I knew the pistons could still win the championship, but after losing that lead and having no chance to win the championship for another year felt like hell.

Supergirl
03-28-2006, 09:28 AM

This time of year, the MOST dangerous teams are the ones that have nothing to play for except their pride. It's only natural to let your energy slip just a teensy bit, even if you try not to let it. And a team with nothing to lose but some real talent - like Seattle, playing on their own floor - is the most dangerous kind of team.

dmac
03-28-2006, 10:03 AM
Truly I think you lost because of bowen. If bowen didn't kick allen and only gotten one tech tech that seattle team wouldn't get on fire and win. Bowen pisses me off because he's a dirty bitch I always see him elbow people in the face, and do junk like that and he always gets away with it.
and this guy was a saint:

http://www.nba.com/history/players/laimbeer_bio.html

bdubya
03-28-2006, 10:28 AM
and this guy was a saint:

http://www.nba.com/history/players/laimbeer_bio.html

:lmao

"He was punched by some of the league's best players, including Robert Parish, including Bob Lanier, including Larry Bird and including Charles Barkley. "We don't like him that good," Bird once told Sports Illustrated."